Review of Nikonusa

Tel: +1-800-778-7879
rking@nikondev.com

christinac146
4/19/18

I ordered a point and shoot camera. The image quality is reasonable.
I originally planned to buy a Canon camera but saw a nice deal on this.

tg67
2/27/18

I ordered a flash during their President's Day sale through their website. The price was quoted at $119, yet I was charged $169. They admit it was their pricing error, but refused to honor price. Very disappointing and very poor customer service. If this is they way they treat loyal customers, I will be moving to Canon. Adios Nikon.

jackb110
1/21/15

Ordered lans at nikonusa.com with holiday rebate. They accepted my order and canceled the next day, because "things did not work out". When I checked they had no more stock. This means even with an issued and paid order, they feel they are not bound to the purchasing agreement made by providing the payment. In one word: Lousy"

stevenm88
12/6/14

The repairs and customer service department is the worst. First of all after two weeks they never sent me an estimate update or confirmation that they received my camera body. I had to call up the Melville repair center just to find that they had it. Secondly,This will be the third time I was refused warranty service on a camera body that had a defect or part break before the warranty expired due to "impact damage". There were no drops bangs or anything of that nature to cause this and when that reasoning fell through the window I was told it was improper camera use. I am a professional photographer with more than ten years experience and a regional manager in Nikon suggested I didn't know how to attach a camera lens which might have caused the damage. If you're new to Nikon as a company stay away from them, they make a killing off of these repairs. If you google impact damage, warranty and nikon together you can see the many cases where this has occurred.

bobb589
5/28/14

Slick site with lots of great info. Catering to photographers the images are high resolution and so downloading pages is slow. If you order from this site, be careful how you enter your billing and shipping addresses. If they are different you will be charged an extra $5 for signature on delivery. This happened to me when I made a typo when ordering a 90 cent rubber part. The extra $5 was an unpleasant surprise. I did not confirm the order and I complained. They called me and graciously explained what happened, This is more than most sites would do.

yuriym
11/15/13

Ordered a camera dual lens kit with external flash, filters and some other items. Six items overall. Received a package yesterday without the camera kit. Other five items match the packaging list, but instead of the camera kit there was a battery pack in the box. AA rechargeable battery pack instead of a camera kit worth $1000!
All I've got from their support so far is that they are "investigating the issue".

UPDATE. In about two weeks later managed to get money back. Took me 4-5 calls to their support. Ordered camera kit on Amazon - received a package in 2 days.
Will give Nikonusa.com 2 stars now instead of 1 on the initial review.

michaelg65
9/6/13

The website has useful information but stay away from ordering from this site. When an order is placed you receive no confirmation message until about a week later to say the order has shipped. That is the first time you have a tracking number or order number to be able to check on the order. When my shipment was received it was the wrong item (a $50 battery charger instead of a $335 digital camera). It took two calls to customer service to get a promised e-mail sent with instructions and then the link provided on the e-mail did not work. I'm still waiting to resolve the issue. Wish me luck.

keythr
10/18/11

Photography, Cameras, Spare parts, Accessories, Tips, Workshops, Courses, Photo Galleries, News, Events and more.

Large web site from Nikon, maker of top class professional and amateur cameras.

The website is well laid out, and while they are obviously keen to sell you more Nikon photographic kit or sign you up to one of their photography courses, there is a lot of free information available. Their photography tips section is good:

and

If you are interested in improving your photography, it's well worth a look.

Four Stars from me. And no, you don't need a Nikon camera to benefit from the site!

Questions? Get answers from the Nikonusa staff and other customers.

Nikonusa?