Review of NextDirect

privacy@nextdirect.com
2017 Customer choice award

danielleo32
2/24/19

I have made numerous purchases on Nextdirect in the last 2 years (18 orders to be exact). Shipping- received my goods in Mpumalanga 4-5working days after payment. Quality- Better and equal to woolies with nicer range (kids clothing). Customer service- approached twice on chat service offered. Able to help fully and was efficient. Note- online purchase should be more than R400 to qualify for free shipping but not more than R500 or it will be held up in customs. I definitely will continue to use this site!

amitr22
10/28/18

Ordered a package 5 months ago and didn't received it! Customer support didn't helped at all and just moved from one department to another.

lizg76
10/4/18

This was my first time shopping with Next - firstly; delivery was amazingly fast -
Delivery to Cape Town SA 5 days. Purchased baby clothes - quality good.
I will revisit and purchase more products.
Will recommend.

katerinag9
8/29/18

Very quick to take payment but goods not delivered on time, no feedback or communication on emails, live chat. Have spent ages on hold on call Centre. Still no luck and no feedback.

nohae1
8/6/18

This is my first time shopping through next I wanted to buy a lot of stuff but I preferred to try one product at first to figure out the service, after receiving my shipment I can say it's Excellent service, parcel as described, shipped in 5 working days as promised.

Highly recommended

tamaral45
7/26/18

Approximately two years ago, I discovered Next Direct. It was a God send because I am living in The Netherlands and rarely find good quality work wear in my size and price range. Since that time, I have purchased dresses, suits, shoes and accessories several times. In general, the packages were delivered within two working days by DHL, though sometimes it took longer. What was always provided without fail was tracking info for the delivery times and dates. That has changed since Next opted to use DPD for deliveries to The Netherlands. DPD does not issue its tracking numbers and does not give next business day delivery. The customer service cannot give straight answers and always blames its blunders on Next Direct. Because I have also had bad experiences with DPD on other deliveries for other companies, I have good reason to think that this deteriorated service is directly linked to DPD. There is no option to use DHL. Next has simply made a business decision and we as customers are stuck with it. From now on, expect delays with no notice. My package languished for over 8 days because I was waiting for tracking information only to learn that DPD was waiting for the street number (which is clearly in my shipping address info). But DPD never let me or Next know they were waiting for it. Instead my package sat in the DOD dépôt all that time.

maryh639
6/16/18

I recently ordered 8 items of clothing from Next Direct site and was shocked by the poor quality of the clothing. I am a regular customer of Next and have always found quality and service excellent. I was so disappointed and shocked this time as the quality was unbelievably poor more like Boohoo than Next. The fabric of the knitted items in particular was flimsy almost see through .Two of the items I ordered were over 50 euro were of acceptable quality but the cheaper items were unacceptable. DO NOT PURCHASE THE CHEAPER ITEMS JUST TAKE A TRIP TO PENNEYS INSTEAD. Will return all on my next trip to Next store.

shallanyc
2/10/18

I love my green striped dressed and the skinny sandals that I purchase from their company. Overall the online transaction was smooth and fast.

charneb1
10/29/17

I was shocked when I received a sms that I could collect my parcel just three days after placing my order! I was even more pleased when both items I purchsase were more than I expected. Great quality and just perfect!

vale1628
5/18/17

This is one of my favorite places to shop. Quick shipping, always on time, never had a single disappointment with the ordered articles. I always see what's out of stock while shopping, so no bad surprises at the end of the purchase. Sizes match. Hope they'll keep up the good work.

minahm
2/1/17

Order received in three days in spite of the fact that it was during the festive season. Goods look exactly as in picturesCourier used also efficient

linat6
11/18/16

First time i've ordered from NEXT DIRECT and the company didn't let me down.My order were mostly clothes for my two kids,lingerie for myself and bed covers.I receieved exactly what I ordered for-33 items total.Same colours as in the pictures.
The only issue was with Aramex Delivery,which didn't have to do anything with NEXT in this case.NEXT emailed me in about 17hrs with the shippment tracking number.However Aramex delayed the shipment and had to complain twice at their Customer Service.I got my order after 1 week.
Anyway,I will be definitely ordering more from NEXT DIRECT.

daniellem73
11/4/16

Great service

alicew55
10/30/16

I have been ordering from Next for a few years. Not once has the website let me down. The clothing is priced well, is of extremely good quality, and ships very fast - it took two days coming from the UK to Australia, which is amazing.

The only slight problem, which isn't the business' fault, is that sometimes the sizes tend to be a little big. If you're worried about this use the sizing guide or order a smaller size than usual.

One of the best online clothing websites I have ever ordered from - definitely check it out.

mandeem1
8/23/16

I am in the US and ordered clothes from 3 different stores two days ago. Next Direct was the only one I ordered from overseas......I received my items from Next Direct already!!! The quality in the two shirts I ordered is great, especially for the price. I think I will be doing a ton more shopping at Next Direct. Still waiting on the stuff I ordered from the US and I paid extra for shipping from the two companies here. :(

marwat2
8/11/16

Even since my first baby, its been 1 year and Next has been my number 1 place to shop from. The collection is nice, good quality and worth the value! Their shipment time takes 3 days from where I stay (UAE) and it never let me down.

Highly recommended!

fredf46
5/11/16

I have bought several pants and shirts for my son. Quality and price is good.I ordered shirts for me but price for adults is very high. Shipping takes about 2 weeks usually.

marcels19
9/16/15

I ordered a bunch of clothing for my 2 year old son, I spent around $120, felt like I got a lot for my money and the shipping was free..Good start!

It took around 3 weeks to receive the parcel and I was so happy with all the items, beautiful clothing and excellent quality, and at a good price! So it's very unfortunate that I got messed around with the payment..

First there were a few out of stock items when I had completed my order, there was no indication of the items being out of stock before placing the order, I was charged for these items. I then contacted customer service and they told me that the charge for the out of stock items would be credited back to my account within a few days, and it was, that was all good..But then a few days later..

I ended up being charged for my order several times over, as I was rudely alerted to when my debit card declined in a store! In total I was charged around $500 for this $120 order.

When I realized this of course I got straight on the phone to customer service, who were trying to be helpful but they denied being able to see these charges from their end, they sounded genuine so I believed them. I spoke to a few different customer service people about the issue, they tried to help but I believe that they really could not see these charges.
I then called my bank and spoke to someone about the issue who confirmed that Nextdirect.com had infact made these charges, although they were pending. Of course there's nothing they could so..

So I called Nextdirect.com customer service again and repeated what the bank man had told me. They continued to insist that they can't have made these charges, they were quite confused about it actually. But they said if it is the case where there was a mistake with being over-charged, rest assured that the funds will be credited back to my account, give it a few days.

After a week, yes the funds were back in my account. So in the end it all worked out, although at the time I felt like it was a whole lot of ass ache to deal with for some kids clothes..

I'm a actually very disappointed that I had this issue with nextdirect.com as i'm so impressed with the clothing, and affordability of it that I would really like to shop at nextdirect.com again.. I haven't because i'm scared off by the chance of the payment issue recurring, online shopping shouldn't cause you a headache! But you what, I think I might give them another chance..

stephb6
8/24/15

Such great quality, price and service. Ships within days of purchase. Couldn't be happier

anatasiaz
10/29/12

Great site! I ordered some clothing for my baby boy and received my order in 6 days. This is a great success for deliveries to Russia, which was free, by the way. Quality was also very good. Will recommend it to everyone.

23 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes. Your order has to be over R400 and below R500...then there will be no custom charged

By Suraya k.

No it is English

By steph b.

Questions? Get answers from the NextDirect staff and other customers.

1 Photo for NextDirect