NationwideHireUK.co.uk

NationwideHireUK.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.6 stars from 178 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. NationwideHireUK.co.uk also ranks 28th among Car Rental sites. The most common issues with NationwideHireUK.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 59.5%

• I was very worried having read the negative reviews after I booked but Katie L was really helpful and delivered.
  • Great service delivery and collection worked perfectly.

• Sent a totally different van than the the one requested unroadworthy and unsafe.
  • Included a note to say "no funds have been charged to your credit card," but full payment was taken!
How would you rate NationwideHireUK.co.uk?

“Great Service”

Helen V.
2/1/20

Booked via phone. Kate was a massive help, whole transaction went smoothly, Van delivered at time promise and was better than expected. Great service

“Van was late, filthy and in very poor condition”

Trevor P.
7/5/20

Van was eventually delivered 4.5 hours after the initially agreed time. This meant delaying my 400 mile planned journey until the next day. Van had a number of damaged areas including important lighting that could no longer function and broken radio which meant no traffic reports being available. Cab and load area were filthy, clearly no cleaning had been done between hires, very concerning from a COVID-19 perspective. What made the situation even worse was the complete lack of support from the customer support desks of both Nationwide Hire UK and the van supplier Enterprise. No email or call back concerning the above issues.

van (97) katie l (14) credit card (14) customer service (28) vehicle (48) great service (10) booking process (6) 3 days (6) 5 pm (1) company (82) money (27) card details (5)
helenv78
February 1st, 2020

Great service
sarab304
February 25th, 2020
Very quick response time and they always have availability of the type of vans we need and deliver to our offices, which being a small team, really makes our lives easy. Katie in particular has replied to email or action requests with amazing velocity and efficiency.
We are very happy with the service.
nelsonh44
March 20th, 2020
30 minutes before the 9 seater automatic transmission minibus was to be delivered I was notified that they would be delivering a manual transmission. I paid quite a bit extra to be assured of getting an automatic as driving in London is difficult enough without dealing with a clutch. The van was delivered on time and everything was great except the stress of driving a manual around London. I have no issues except that when I contacted Nationwide they refused to refund the difference in price between the higher priced automatic that I paid for and the manual that they delivered. If you go on their site today, the price difference is 70 pounds, and the price difference was higher during the holidays. Their reluctance to refund the difference is really ruining an otherwise good experience. I never write reviews but this is ridiculous. Give me my refund!
nervtechl
March 16th, 2020
We had a great experience with Nationwide Hire UK. We rented a van when coming from abroad. Amazing service and really fast communication!

Massive thanks to Katie from the sales department, who was very helpful and professional during the process.
kylew246
July 27th, 2020
I had the best experience with Nationwide Hire, i've used Enterprise before and have been let down a few times but i found Nationwide Hire and they delivered a brand new van to my work place and then collected the van from my house address, this was perfect. I returned the van the same way i got it and there was no issues. Thanks Guys
trevorp64
July 5th, 2020
kabins
March 9th, 2020
I always prefer to speak to the other end rather than filling up online forms. Katie L and Alison did not hesitate to give me a call back when I had queries for making a booking. The drop off and Pick up were reliable and efficient. Especially during the pick up, when it had to be done in a complicating location. Very good service.
athenam18
March 16th, 2020
I hadn't read any reviews before i found them online. But the service was excellent from beginning to end. Katie was a great help as was Soph and Jeff. Thank you guys.
michaelp1878
February 1st, 2020
I needed a 9 seater minibus to take my family to a funeral, Katie managed to sort one out for me. She even was able to have it delivered to me and collected afterwards. Fantastic service at a great price.
Mike Pruden
adrianc145
April 7th, 2020
My son had contacted Nationwide Hire via online chat to enquire about the cost etc to hire a 7.5 ton wagon, with me driving. He dealt with Katie L during the chat. He then passed me the transcript so I could follow it up with a booking.

Phoned up and spoke to Katie who took me through the booking process, licence check, payment etc. Katie was very good throughout, answering any questions I had and explaining what would happen next. All very clear and simple. The lorry arrived a few days later, delivery driver took me through the vehicle checks with great attention to detail, also did I. All went well and the wagon was picked up the day after the hire had finished but no issues with that.

All in all a great service from start to finish. Thank you.
jh912
July 21st, 2020
This company is a disaster. What was meant to be a useful service to make moving house less stressful has lead to unbelievable amount of hassle and grief. Nationwide never came to pick up the van even though I called them multiple times a day. In the end I had to call the third party (whom were very helpful) and they came to pick it up. This company makes your life hell.
andrewm826
February 9th, 2020
Had a good service from Katie in thrifty even when they had computer problems and was great having the van dropped off at home.
mehuld
June 13th, 2020
Highly unprofessional customer service who while has taken my "booking" has indicated that he won't be able to "confirm" the van. Furthermore, as part of the booking he has charged my credit card, and will charge a cancellation fee (good luck with that mate - American Express will come after you!).
matthewj157
December 11th, 2019
Booked with Katie over the phone, I was able to get the Luton truck I needed for our tall fridge for a lot less than other well known vehicle hire companies. It was all done very professional.
The chaps dropping it off to me where able to have it with me well before my rental so I didn't need to hang around and they walked me through the operation of tailgate lift.

Very happy, would come again.
stephenb823
April 7th, 2020
Great service from Katie L at nationwide hire UK. Due to my last minute house move cancellation I had to get in touch with Nationwide to temporarily postpone my hire until a new move date is agreed. Katie L and nationwide were very understanding of the situation and accommodated my request.
marcf88
January 18th, 2020
Katie was very helpful on line to order a mini bus of October will be using this company again.it was all done very professional.
markr1075
February 26th, 2020
Excellent customer service and would recommend again to anyone. I had an issue with the person I was delivering to and they resolved the issue for me.
trevorc85
January 7th, 2020
All in all good, having vehicle delivered & collected very useful, although was not collected at time arranged.
Katie organised arrangements easily and without issue.
Will need vans in future, so will use again.
richardh866
November 9th, 2019
We needed a Luton van relatively quickly and not only were Nationwide Hire efficient with my enquiry, I had the van delivered to my door within 24 hours. Absolutely superb service. We will 100% use them again. Richard - SPS Dental Ltd.
emilys458
January 8th, 2020
I tried to hire a large van from them in December 2019.
A few hours after I had initially enquired with them, they were still struggling to find me a van and hadn't confirmed my booking via email so I rang their customer service team and spoke to Andrew and asked him if there was any payment or penalty I would have to pay if I cancelled this enquiry and Andrew confirmed there was no payment or penalty I would have to pay as they hadn't confirmed the booking from their side and hadn't been able to find me a van as of yet.
£305.98 was then taken out of my account and when I then chased Nationwidehireuk to find out what had happened I had a very rude response from their 'Head of Customer Service' Marcelle saying that she doesn't know what a colleague of hers had told me but they will be charging me the full amount!
After a few back and forth emails I asked Marcelle to call me and she pretending to be too busy to return my call but got her colleague Nathalia to call me. Nathalia apologised and confirmed to me that as my booking hadn't been confirmed they will be issuing me a refund.
NationwidehireUK have still not issued me a refund and have ignored two official complaint letters I have taken the time to write into them. Their website states they will respond to complaints within seven days.

Don't use this dodgy, rude, dell boy company!

I am going to take this to trading standards
colink33
April 12th, 2019
I was very worried having read the negative reviews after I booked but Katie L was really helpful and delivered. The van was great, Mercedes Vito only a few miles on the clock and it appeared bang on time and was collected the same way. We wanted to go to Europe and not many companies we could find would allow us to do that over the Brexit dates so fair play, they found us one.
markb943
September 20th, 2018
First time our company has used Nationwide with positive results, Katie L was very professional and within 10 minutes a van was booked, The van arrived at my engineers address on time, cannot fault, we use 2 well known hire companies and both let us down miserably, we will definitely use Nation wide again and hope the good service continues !!!
Thanks
agnev1
April 1st, 2020
Unbelievable! I don't accept car because car was very dirty inside, car seat was not useful. I call to office and they say no problem, i can have refund. But no, they charge me for my order of 3 days, and now they told me if i have no pictures, they can't help me
ailsab4
March 10th, 2019
Excellent customer service, and really helpful. I needed to re-hire a van used for a video shoot the previous week for an urgent re-shoot. KatieL, the lady who was dealing with my request, was brilliant. She quickly identified the vehicle that was previously hired to ensure it was exactly the same, found all the relevant details we had previously provided to save time, and had the new booking completed and confirmed in no time. She kept in contact with me throughout the day to let me know if any additional information was needed and to confirm everything was going ahead as planned, which was really reassuring.
rayp122
November 1st, 2019
I booked two mini buses for next year and Katie was really helpful. Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking to you again.

I have had dealings with Marcelle too. Refuses to answer emails and never returns calls - disgraceful

By David R.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NationwideHireUK.co.uk staff and other customers.

Cars, Vans, Minibuses & Trucks

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NationwideHireUK.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.6
Have a question about NationwideHireUK.co.uk?