NationwideHireUK.co.uk reviews

Tel: 01923 897 474
licence@nationwidehireuk.co.uk

grahamb107
12/2/19
I booked a 17 seat mini bus with nationwide and 4 days later (48 hours before the hire day) they called and couldn't deliver the bus and cancelled the booking letting down 17 people .
malcolms68
11/21/19
I had the misfortune to deal with this company in mid September, trying to hire a van for a small private removal job from Paris. All seemed fine from making the booking and I made the payment and forwarded all the required documentation. The van was due to be delivered to my home address in the late afternoon.
With everything confirmed, I had booked Eurotunnel return tickets and an overnight hotel in Paris. Mid afternoon, we were phoned to say that they could not get the van to us that afternoon and were given the option to go and collect it from London NW10, some 25 miles away. It was stressed this had to be before 6pm, as they closed then. With everything depending on the van hire, this was agreed and we arrived there at 5.15, to find they had cancelled the booking, shut up and gone home. Various desparate phone calls were made to try and find how we could get the van and after a couple of 'we will ring you back' answers from Nationwide, we were left standing there with no van and no help from Nationwide, as they shut up and went home at 6pm! (and I read many reviews on this site saying about great customer service?)

The whole weekend trip had to be cancelled and re-arranged the following weekend, using a different and professional van hire company, who charged about £50 less and were great to deal with.

I raised a formal written complaint with Nationwide 2 months ago. Their website says they reply within 7 working days, but the achnowledgement you get to your complaint email (they will ONLY take complaints by email) says they will reply within 28 working days. Well let me tell you that they do neither! I have sent 2 reminders to the original complaint and never had any form of reply. So, to all the people who say this company gives great customer service, just be happy that your booking (presumably) went without a problem, because this company ignore problems and refuse to even say sorry.

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!
richardh866
11/9/19
We needed a Luton van relatively quickly and not only were Nationwide Hire efficient with my enquiry, I had the van delivered to my door within 24 hours. Absolutely superb service. We will 100% use them again. Richard - SPS Dental Ltd.
richardc1163
11/6/19
Avoid this company. They will scam you for additional charges. I've just been charged for £127 fuel even though it went back fully fuelled.
rayp122
11/1/19
I booked two mini buses for next year and Katie was really helpful. Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to speaking to you again.
davidr1647
10/24/19
Because the vehicle wasn't collected at the agreed time, I was charged an extra two days rental even though they collected it later the same day. Customer Service at this company sucks, they will not return calls or emails - STAY AWAY
thomp11
10/21/19
No communication, hiding behind terms & conditions that they twist to their advantage and rude, incompetent staff.
Delivery times changed. They charge for the delivery mileage - far in excess of the actual mileage to/from the depot. The collection is at their convenience, so don't plan to work on the day of collection.
KEEP WELL CLEAR OF THESE FRAUDSTERS.
jennap41
9/16/19
Katie was super helpful, professional and patient with all my questions. She clarified everything, and I hope it will all go smoothly on 27th September, when the car is to be delivered! If all goes well then, Katie gets 5 stars!!
atifp
9/11/19
Katie was very proactive contacting me straight away. She was very clear about what to do and also very polite. On the phone she was reassuring about the process and very professional.
verityc5
9/11/19
I organised a late booking for my company for a lorry hire, received confirmation emails and monies taken from my credit card... all good so far. I received a call after I had finished work to say there had been a mistake and I shouldn't of been told it was confirmed, as they couldn't honour the booking and money would be refunded. This was not what I wanted to hear at 5:30 with no options available to me to re book an alternative. Plans had to therefore be changed, additional work and costs added to a project which then has over run due to this error. Awful service, I will not be using again and will not be recommending to any of our customer base...
andyp182
9/8/19
Great service - easy to use, thorough and clear
Booking taken through emails, was no need for lengthy telephone calls
susanm1092
8/22/19
They took £500 out of my account said it was for a parking fine-i had no parking fine as van parked on my drive. They couldn't send me evidence had no explaination for it no they just keep putting the phone down on me! Awful company!! Do not use them!
alisont67
8/8/19
Katie @ Nationwide Hire is always professional and very helpful. I cannot praise her highly enough - always goes above and beyond to help me :)
kathrynj43
7/31/19
KatieL was very helpful in explaining what I needed to do and what was included. We haven't yet travelled so I will post another review then.
derekb139
7/31/19
Natalie has been superb throughout my booking. Proactive looking forward to the point of hire. I can't rate her high enough
briand520
7/11/19
They have thrown in three charges that they have claimed for things that are clearly permitted in their terms and conditions, they just avoid my questions and I will have to take them to court.
sharonb512
7/1/19
Unprofessional rude and arrogant staff slammed down phone when trying to ask about my refund as in their own terms and conditions. Without doubt the worse company and staff I have ever dealt with. Sent a totally different van than the the one requested unroadworthy and unsafe. Was rejected and sent back refused to refund. Trading standards investigations are piling up. DO NOT USE
neilb146
6/18/19
Quoted for a hire including delivery and collection from our address. Spoke to them on the phone it was no issue and they took payment.

A day before the hire they contact us demanding to nearly double the hire charge.

They are not listening that they agreed a contract to supply a service, or that we have costs we can't recover now as a result.

Crazy, possibly the worst customer service I've ever encountered.
colmh
6/18/19
Katie made the whole process so easy and less stressful for me..Will definitely use again.
It was very cost effective also.
caroleb118
6/3/19
This is our second year of using Nationwide and are very satisfied. We are a large family group and the mini bus last year was so successful we came back Katie L has been helpful professional and efficient looking forward to our holiday now
joshh173
6/3/19
I opted to use this company as they were £30 cheaper than enterprise and they deliver and collect the vehicle. Katie L was very helpful with customer service. I will definitely use again.
jordang97
5/29/19
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

The company is a third party that will only hire through Hertz or another company anyway. I had 3 issues.

1. The vehicle was due to be dropped off on the Monday at 0830. I had a call the Friday before saying they were waiting to deliver the van - I was at work! To which the company blabbered on about their Ts&Cs.

2. The vehicle was due to be collected at 1800 on the Tuesday - it wasn't. I then got sent on a 2 hour Goose chase going to an address sent to be my this company to drop off the vehicle at Hertz's out of hours office. The address was incorrect and Hertz weren't able to take the vehicle.

3. I have been overcharged for fuel and an admin fee (£120!!) when I have written proof that the vehicle was returned with a full tank!
lynneh74
5/20/19
We have been robbed blind of £479 without absolutely no justification for an extended hide' which didn't even exist! The company CHOSE not to collect the van over the weekend then we had an aborted collection which we were also charged for and accept, however, £479 is ridiculously obsessive and seems to be how this company makes their money!! I wish I'd seen all the reviews previous and would have avoided this company at all costs!!!! I was left with £60 to last me the month!!! And I have 2 kids to feed...!!! No refund, so we will be looking at all the more formal channels and won't rest until this is resolved!

We also discovered that they charge you on the time of hire and then try to source a van... wish I'd known that, seems like we were lucky to get a van that day!
davida852
5/7/19
Avoid at all costs!!! We hired a medium size van and as it happens it was over a bank holiday weekend the van was dropped off Friday afternoon and was supposed to be collected at 12.00 midday on the Saturday.
We had the van back on the drive at 10.30am on the Saturday so I rang and informed them it was here if they wanted to come early ...I was advised they couldn't contact the drivers but it should be collected at 12.00 but allow them till 12-30pm just in case they are delayed ..no problem I thought, I was advised if it wasn't collected it would be first thing Tuesday morning...I was concerned mainly in case the van was somehow damaged in between times but had no choice but to accept this.
Tuesday morning arrived and no collection so I rang and got the most rude,obnoxious,arrogant person,after getting know where I asked to speak with a supervisor I'm still waiting.I advised him i had already parked their vehicle for 3 days to which he replied laughing you've already told me .
jamieo35
4/18/19
Excellent service, zero to complain about. We intended to book online but had a query so rang and Katie could not have been more helpful. Both the guys who delivered and collected the van made it really easy and were friendly and polite. Could not wish for anything more from a vehicle hire.

I have had dealings with Marcelle too. Refuses to answer emails and never returns calls - disgraceful

By David R.

Questions? Get answers from the NationwideHireUK.co.uk staff and other customers.

NationwideHireUK.co.uk?