Review of NastyGal

Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
hello@nastygal.com

nicolel118
1/19/18

Nasty Gal used to be an amazing site where you could find not only beautiful but quality clothing. Today, the clothes are cheap, overpriced, and there is absolutely no customer service available. The phone number they have listed is out of order and the email they provide is also fake. Shipping also says it will take at the most 14 days but is actually closer to a month, if they even said it to the correct address. Do not waste your time on this site.

tonyaj16
1/18/18

Seriously! Ive returned a ton of things over the past 10 years and never has a company that does almost all it shopping online been harder to deal with.

janeg62
1/11/18

I had to return cheap Chinese junk back to Nasty Gal that says to email them in 28 days with pictures of my shipping receipts. You will only like NastyGal if do not have to return anything. Shop Urban Outfitters and Dolls Kill, instead. There are many reputable businesses. Stay away from Nasty Gal. Since Sophia left, this place is an insult to her legacy.

heatherw115
1/7/18

I wish i would've looked into this before i placed an order. The items on Nasty Gal are all Boohoo item, they own the company now. Boohoo uses sweatshops to source their clothing. And it's very obvious by the quality of these items. Its comparable to the extremely cheap clothing you can buy on ebay from china. I am certain a great deal of this stuff is made by children in sweatshops. Do not support this company! Next time i buy anything online i will do my research first.

sharij8
12/30/17

I ordered from NASTY GAL in November - the quality of the items was terrible. I returned with their tracking label and they claim never received. Item is not trackable. STAY AWAY! SCAM!

nlahb
12/22/17

Got the I got this duster jacket, raw cut edges bad quality material. Generally just really crappy quality. Looked very different from site. Had issues with customer support and the paying process was very unsatisfactory

aditip3
12/18/17

I purchased an order about 2 weeks ago and paid extra for standard 7 day shipping-- It was supposed to get here December 12th. When I went to track my package on December 10th, it said that it was still in England. So I waited. The tracking site then said my package would arrive on the 16th so I was patient. When it didn't come on the 16th, I emailed customer service (because I couldn't find a phone number to call) and I got an automated email saying that they would get back to me in 24 hours. It's been more than 24 hours-- about 72 hours more than 24 hours, and still no response! I went to track my package today and it said it was missent! Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME. This is the most ridiculous process in the world. Not only did I pay for 7 day shipping but NO ONE responded to my email. They don't even have a customer service number for you to call. You can bet I'm posting this review on EVERY review website and telling all of my friends to NEVER shop at Nasty Gal. How DARE you take advantage of people like that. Some of us have to work hard for our money. You should be ASHAMED of yourself. I am normally a very patient person (since I waited for so long for this damn package) but not after I've been taken advantage of. You can bet your asses that I'll make it so that no one ever shops at nasty gal or is taken advantage of like this EVER again.

amandae62
12/14/17

This site is a scam. Stay away. I ordered a jacket and paid for expidited shipping. Not only was the tracking not clear, but after a month of waiting I contacted customer service whose only advice was to wait, that a delivery date had not been established. It's now been two months and still no item and zero help from customer service.
They just take your money, stay away!!

nandib
12/14/17

Got all the wrong sizes, so I've send everything back (at own costs!). They claim that they never got my package and wouldn't give me my money back!

camillem26
12/14/17

I ordered a few sweaters and a pair of boots from nastygal. Some of the sweaters were ok, though the cuts were a little odd/didn't lay right. One of the sweaters was a medium, but looked like atleast 3XL on me and is unwearable. The boots I recieved were the worst part, though. They look and feel like they are made out of a strange inflexible plastic. The waxy top layer scrapes off with barely any pressure (they are now covered in scratches) and there is a huge crease where the toes begin after 1 day of wear. Worst quality I have ever seen. I thought nastygal was a legit retailer, so I'm pretty confused. Seems like low grade China trash. Would not recommend.

mollym56
12/12/17

Nasty Gal used to be one of my favorite online stores now it is being run by frauds. They Sent the wrong size. Won't pay for my return and won't exchange it for the correct size

stevies9
12/11/17

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! This company is such a ripoff, I ordered online and they sent me all the wrong orders and then when I sent them all back (which cost me over $20) I NEVER got a reimbursement for the clothing or the postage cost. I am incredibly disappointed and I will tell everyone I know to NEVER shop there, EVER!!!!

salinaj3
12/7/17

This is the worst company ever!!! DO NOT waste your time or money here. I purchased clothing, and nothing fit. I sent it all back over a month ago, and they still have not returned my money. They are frauds. I spent $263 and spent $15 to return. I am and will continue to tell anyone who asks and everyone who will listen what an awful company this is, and that no one should spend a penny of their money here. Seriously, BEWARE. I'm still waiting for my money, and I will take legal action if necessary. I encourage everyone else to look into it as well, as this is unacceptable and quite frankly, predatory behavior.

emilys194
12/6/17

I can't believe anyone can give them higher then one star. If I could give a big zero I would. I placed an order when they had a very good sale in the amount of $200. The dresses I received looked nothing like the ones on the website. The quality is so bad it's laughable. I returned everything, didn't like even one thing. Was upset when I found out I had to pay them $24 to ship it back. It has been more then a month and still no refund on my account. USPS shows that they received the package a while back. Their phone number is not working the only way to get in touch with them is by email and I am still waiting for them to get back to me. Horrable experience will never shop with them again.

paulinac5
12/6/17

I made an order on October 20th because they had great discounts. Do not trust them!!! they are the worst, today is December 6th and I have not received my order. I sent an email 3 weeks ago and they told me that I had to wait 28 days till they get my order back to them because it seemed to be lost. They did not want to refund my money and I am tired of waiting. They have the worst customer service and I feel like they are robbing me. I payed for nothing and they do not even reply to emails.
DO NOT SHOP THERE, THEY ARE THE WORST

erinf41
12/5/17

Be cautious! I paid for 2-3 day expedited shipping and they shipped 4-5 days and therefore the shoes missed the party I had ordered them for. They REFUSE to refund any shipping, even though they pocketed money for shipping more slowly. Be very cautious about any expedited shipping as they won't do it even if you ay for it!

maellea
12/3/17

I ordered about 10 items from Nasty Gal, all looking amazing on the website. However, when they came, they were all of extremely poor quality and looked nothing like the website photos. I ended up having to return 9 out of the 10 items, and had to pay $17.86 to send them back. Not only was I disappointed by the clothes, I also had to pay a fortune to send them back. Never ordering from there again.

hollys96
12/1/17

Let's start off with 1 star is 1 star too many. There was no warning that the shipment would be coming all the way from the UK. The scheduled arrival date got pushed out multiple times. Then the package never got delivered to my apartment, and I was home all day when the package was apparently "unable to be delivered". I emailed Nasty Gal that I was extremely dissatisfied in the service and I was sent a generate non-apologetic response. It has been two months and I still never got my package. It is sitting in a USPS facility somewhere in California. At this point I just want my money back, especially considering that I a friend of mine just got a $100 dress that was so cheap and costume quality I might just drive out to USPS and ship everything back to be returned.

brennb
11/27/17

Super grossed out by the name and ads. Name sounds like clothing for girls with hygiene issues and ads are just as bad.
Cheap clothes

annas258
11/26/17

Professional, fast service, great stuff.
Everything went really well. Will purchase again and recommend to others.

sallyd35
11/23/17

I dont know if its because people only write reviews when they have a bad experience, but my experience with NastyGal was great. I did make my purchases during their ongoing 50% off sale, so maybe that helped me feel like the clothes were worth it. But everything I ordered fit me so perfectly. Im a pretty standard size 4 (33-26-36) so I ordered a small or size 4 in everything. I got 2 bodysuits, 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of pants, a dress, and a coat. Everything is perfect and so comfortable and stylish. I also ordered shoes, and they are such good quality that I would have still felt like it was a score paying full price for them. Sizing with shoes is probably a hit or miss because they carry various brands but Im usually a 7 and they fit just right. The shipping was FAST. It said 7-10 business days but came in 4. I live in Ontario, Canada and the package came from the UK, for reference. I had zero issues and all around am very happy with my purchases. Maybe theyre striving for better service after all the bad press? Either way, this was my first purchase from NastyGal and I will be a future customer. I would definitely recommend it to my friends. (Also, Im not being paid for this review and I dont work for them. Promise.)

am11286
11/22/17

I had ordered here when it FIRST was bought out my boohoo and I remember being very stressed out since the prices on Nasty Gal had dropped significantly, which could only mean the quality had dropped too. I ordered a bikini (both top and bottom) for $12 in total. The bikini is super cute but I have VERY small breasts and I'm still falling out of the bottom of the top so all in all, I wouldn't buy clothes from here. Don't get suckered in by the fact that everything is half price. They're doing that so you think it's good quality when it's not.

BUT the reason I gave this 5 Stars is because I figured buying shoes would be easier. I'm pretty sure Boo Hoo doesn't create their own shoes so getting them from a vendor should mean they're decent quality. I was right, the shoes I got look exactly as pictured and fit amazing!

In case people were wondering, the shoes I bought were:
-Talk 'Em Around Anklet Heel (they're okay, my least favorite of the bunch but at the end of the day they are a nice red heel)
-You're In the Driving Cleat Heeled Boot
-Pretty Red Rose Floral Heel
-Having a Ball Vegan Suede Heel

In conclusion: there are a lot of places to buy cool clothes, don't do it here. I personally have a harder time finding really cool shoes so I'm really glad I took the risk on these.

carmenc61
11/21/17

The material of the clothe is too cheap! OMG! How come I espend 50 dollars on a 5 dollars made in China blouse. And the cloth has an aufful fit. I buy 3 Medium blouses and none of them fit me! And my size is small! NEVER BUY IN THAT PLACE, don't lose your money!

ellenf29
11/20/17

Where do I even start... Bottom line, this place is cheap and unprofessional and they will try to steal your money.

Example:
1. I placed 4 orders from Nastygal fairly close in date, all three from August 12-17, and received them all within a week apart. I sent back a lot of it and kept some of it -- what I did send back equalled to about $165.00.
Order numbers: GUS100285963 ($45.00) and GUS100264601 ($105.00) make up the bulk of my returns, where another $10.00 return still awaits as well (from, GUS100268265).

2. I returned my items no longer than 3 days after they arrived -- they came, I tried them on, I packaged them up and send them back almost immediately after receiving them, spending $25 of my own money (I kept receipts from the Post Office and everything, and had to even scan them into an email on Sept 29th as proof that my orders were sent and received).

3. As of right now, I have only received the refund for the $45.00 order (GUS100285963) that didn't come into my bank account until *OCT 18*, after days and days of back and forth emails telling them that they owe me money - TWO MONTHS after returning my items did I see ONLY ONE of my returns!
First, the returns people tried to tell me that they didn't receive my order, and then I checked the tracking and received a detailed account from the Post Office, who assured me that it arrived 2 DAYS after I send it to them (this is when I sent photocopy proof to them on Sept 29).

4.I sent my items back in August, and It is now NOVEMBER 20TH - I am still awaiting the returns from the other two orders: GUS100268265 ($105.00) and GUS100268265 ($10.00).
I will not stop emailing them about this. I have even sent them screengrabs from my bank statements (blacking out private information) to show them that my refund has not arrived, and they are still so unhelpful. I am attempting to demand they sent a cheque instead of deposit, though, I'm not getting my hopes up.

5. And, of course, they have no hotline to call.

nicoled95
11/16/17

I ordered a pair of shoes which were sent to a city right beside mine. I found out and caught it in transit and tried to stop it but I couldn't because they returned to sender. This has been over a month ago. I've contacted them FIVE times now and I've heard zero! Nothing! I wanted my shoes reshipped but now I just want my credit. I've done so much business with them and to not get a single response is downright horrid. I urge anyone to stay away from this company and DO NOT ORDER from them!!!! If I could rate them less than a star I would.

Hi!! I had to order 2 sizes up...these clothes are made for slim petite women. If u are not then order at least one size up.

By Sha g.

A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

The houndstooth print scarf I ordered was described as SILK/WOOL. When I received it--Acrylic and Wool!! That really made me angry. False advertising. I wouldn't have bought it if it had been labelled correctly on the site. Being honest about the materials is important. The dress I had to return because it was sewn very poorly. As for the crop top I bought--it's nice, but the material doesn't warrant the price.

By Dani J.

This place is a big rip off ! Buyer beware!!!

By Charles R.

Go on to. Their customer services and there is a Q and A box, write to them and see. I also received a reply within a couple of days and the sent me one of the items that was missing and resent me one of the items that was damaged ( tiny hole) and didn't even ask me to send the damaged one back! Be careful sizes are smaller than ours. Good luck but I received good service....

By Sha g.

Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

OH WOW! That sounds sooooo bizarre! But, I've order at least 10 times from Nasty Gal and I never heard of something like that... Sadly, it might have been like a return item that slipped through the cracks and was sent back out :( But, hey, I'm sure it was just a random fluke.

By Ashley M.

Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other customers.

13 Photos for NastyGal