Review of NastyGal

Los Angeles, CA 90027, US
hello@nastygal.com

talmeshas1
5/24/19

Item got returned due to insufficient address. On the website states if this occurs that items can be resent with no problem. Just got an email that they would be unable to resend but refund should be issued. What a joke that they can't stand by your own customer service policy. First and last time I will ever do business with this so called company again.

candaceh71
5/24/19

First time ordered never receive items because address was incorrect after correcting it items were not available anymore... such a disappointment will never try and order from them again just wasted my time!!!!!

jx5
5/23/19

Nasty Gal can profit at the expense of what I assume to be college students that want trendy clothes but aren't willing to shell out very much for them. I fell for the 60% off sale, and I only read reviews until after I made the purchase. The biggest red flag was that out of the 11 items that I bought, I only kept 5. Customer service was prompt but was virtually useless in helping me with my order. Keep in mind that pretty much everyone has to pay a flat fee of shipping that ensures that your order will come in within a week - try nearly a month, going back and forth with customer service and wondering where my package was since the tracking stopped updating. When I got my package today, some items were laughable... I ordered a delicate white mesh top and what I got was an incredibly unwearable costume-like tulle top that looked like it shipped from the 1800's and it was a completely different top! The cherry on top was the cream blouse that came in a bright yellow colour. I was so disappointed with my items, I didn't even bother trying some of them on. Sizing is way off too, and I'm sure most products are photoshopped or edited to appear like something else when in fact they're cheap, disposable garments. Nasty Gal probably has a high number of returns so they obviously can't afford to pay for shipping costs themselves; honestly, the fact that they haven't gone out of business is beyond me. Also, not even sure where to ship it back to considering the return label and address that they listed aren't the same place - guess you flip a coin and see what happens. Take it from everyone who has left a review that you should look elsewhere for clothes.

msr43
5/23/19

I ordered my items and they arrived in less than a week, I think it arrived in 3 days after order was made, my items are of great quality and the sun glasses were stunning, i shall be purchasing over and over. So excited and this is not a fake review, I only comment under true sites worth recognizing. I'll post photo when I wear my fits.

ivanaa2
5/21/19

I've never seen a worse clothing quality in my entire life. Bought 20 pieces at once and only kept 2. Between: terrible fabric, wrong cut, worse fit, wrong color. Nothing looks like on their website. I fell even worse thinking about the people in Mumbai who made that pieces of crap. In the end, I returned a mountain of useless fabrics that for sure will not be used by anybody never.

karenl731
5/18/19

Worst quality I have ever encountered. I was really excited to try out this company for the first time. I will never order from them again.

ciarao2
5/16/19

Ordered a size 4, normally wear an 8. Was way too big and was poor quality fabric also. Was also charged for shipping despite the site claiming free shipping over $50.

kiram18
5/12/19

I had store credit and without warning the company changed management and took my store credit. Do not buy from them, you will never get a refund. Do not buy from the parent company boohoo either

bunnyd4
5/11/19

I had been a loyal Nasty Gal customer since 2015. I would order a lot of clothes from them and the shipping used to be so fast! And the clothes were really cute too. But last November I placed an order which should have arrived in 7 business days, and I didn't get the order for over an entire month! The tracking number did not work and the website said that it didn't even exist. I didn't get the order delivered to my house until JANUARY. Ridiculous. I found out they were bought out by Boohoo, which was probably why Nasty Gal is trash now. I ordered from Boohoo in September and my order from them ALSO took a month. Also, the quality of the clothing I got on Nasty Gal was now garbage. I got a sweater that was super itchy and pretty much falling apart... and a snap closure "high waist" belt that looked like it fit a size 24 inch waist model (I am a size 24 also) but when I tried it on it was not a high waist belt at ALL. Wtf. It probably would've fit someone with a size 40 waist!!!? I didn't even want to bother trying to get a refund because I probably would never get my money back. I used to get my order within less than a week on Nasty Gal and always got my refund super quick. Never again. Do yourself a favor and don't even bother purchasing from here

georgiaa22
5/9/19

first, a part of my order went out of stock after i had paid. i had to bring this to their attention, but customer service responded promptly and refunded me. then, i never received the rest of my order as they said it must have got lost in the post. However, the customer service was good and I got a full refund for the items and the postage price. so disappointing as they have some really nice clothes! just skeptical to order from them again as i feel like i will never receive my order lol.

endyaw
5/7/19

I bought a maxi dress from them and when i got it, the slit was so high you could see my entire Vag. I AM 5'2 145lbs! I have curves but I'm aware enough of my body to know my sizing. Especially for something as simple as a maxi dress.

I told them the problem.. i paid for rush shipping to get it in time for my BF birthday. I was then told i had to pay for the shipping even though it states on their site that all returns in the US are free. Huh??

IM NOT here to bad mouth them, but just be aware that what you see may not be what you get. And you also may be out of extra money unnecessarily because the quality and fit isn't what you expected. Especially girls with a little more curves.

havens
4/30/19

This is the worst online shopping website. They scammed me and refuse to cancel my order or fix their mistake. I was completing a payment on an order that had 65 percent off making the total around $63, that is the price I agreed to when I Completed the payment. When the payment went through it showed the price was $81 with a 50% discount. That is NOT what I agreed to paying. I emailed them and messaged them on social media and they refused to cancel the order or allow me to pay the price I agreed to.

kloet
4/30/19

I placed an order with NastyGal as they had a huge sale, however when I received a confirmation email I realized that somehow my initial order had been completely changed. I am unsure as to how it occurred, but I am sure that when I put through my order it was not the one I received in the mail. I contacted them in order to rectify the situation, but they were no help and made no attempts to investigate the problem. I am highly disappointed with customer service at Nasty Gal and they obviously have problems with their server as well.

michellem755
4/29/19

NastyGal will not honor my gift certificate. Not an honorable company. Scammers.

I returned some Citizens of Humanity jeans in Nov 2017 (back when they used to sell decent brands) and they issued me a gift certificate of $110. I tried to use my gift certificate and the new owners (Boohoo.com, ironic name choice for my circumstance!) wrote me, "unfortunately we are unable to process any store credit requests relating to orders, returns or credit predating 2017" despite spending a reputed $20M to buy the company.

This is unacceptable. NastyGal did not alert me that my gift certificate was going to expire. This is not how you treat loyal customers who helped build the brand to a position of getting bought by a new company.

reesen3
4/18/19

I was searching for a certain star skirt so I googled it and found exactly what I was looking for on nastygal. I had briefly heard nasty gal be mentioned in YouTube videos but never heard anything about it. I just received the tracking number and the Royal Mail says it isn't able to track the parcel yet. I started reading reviews and now I'm so worried that I won't receive the things I ordered. I guess I just wait and see what happens but I hate that lol. I wish I could cancel everything right now and not even think or worry about it.

emmaf84
4/14/19

I won't buy from nastygal again, the quality of the items are really poor and parts of the bag I bought weren't even sewn up properly, I had to sew them together on my own machine. The photos of the fit of the items on their website are false advertising, the bum bag and belt I bought do not fit me like they do the model in the photos even though we are both size 8. Waste of my time and money.

cheriek4
3/31/19

Returned 2 dresses to nasty gal and was only refunded for 1. Do not reccomend ordereing clothes from this site

cherryd8
3/26/19

So I ordered for the first time on NastyGal. I have heard mainly bad things from this company and the way my feet are set up, rarely do I purchase shoes online. I am a 8 1/5 with wide feet. With that being said, since my feet are wide I can wear up to a size 10 depending on the style and make of a shoe. So that makes it even HARDER to find shoes. I ended up purchasing 2 heel shoes in a size 9 US. I decided to go a half size up from my usual 8 1/5 and BOY am I so happy I did! The shoes are sooo stylish, cute, and fit like a glove. At first they could not verify my address and sent back the items and so I reached out via Facebook and they got back to me literally in 2 minutes and apologized and asked if I wanted a refund or for them to resend the shoes via express overnight shipping. That is probably the only hiccup within the whole order. I literally received the shoes 2 days later. Very very happy with my purchase and for anyone who wears half sizes, for heels since I can only speak to that, I recommend going a size up.

natalieb142
3/11/19

Ordered a few things online and shipped them to my apartment. Says they have a 7 day delivery, but all things ship royal mail from the UK? Ordered anyways, after almost 3 weeks of no shipment update emails/tracking availability I was finally able to track my order. Says it was in LA, so expected it within that week. Checked my mailbox daily, found nothing. Looked up my tracking number again, said it was unavailable. Finally over 4 weeks later I was able to access the tracking. In the update I found a note saying "11:28pm, delivery attempt- no answer" ???? Like a mailman came to my door on 2/28 at 11:28pm and I did not answer the door? WHAT. Leave the item in the mailbox? Also work during normal hours? Also I would have answered the door? Still did not get any emails regarding my package, it being sent back, my address being wrong, nothing. So I e-mail customer service and the man tells me that my items are on their way back to the UK because of an issue with my shipping address. My address was correct, and there was no issue. So I say I would like my items routed back to me if I can get them within 7 work days, or I want a refund. The man replies saying 2 of the items are now sold out?? Like the company allowed people to purchase items that I already purchased? WHAT. Also my refund did not include shipping cost even though the shipping issue was THEIR FAULT. Will NEVER be shopping here again.

joyl101
2/22/19

The quality of my dress is horrible and they refuse to give my money back. In contacted the customer service and they are unable to give the money back. NEVER ORDER THERE!

michelles745
2/21/19

So this might be the worst online shopping experience I've ever had in my whole life, and I shop a lot, a lot. Paid extra for shipping which reads "allows 7 business days", shipment did not arrive after 10 days. I checked with customer service, and they asked me to wait extra 5 days to check back in with them. But when I did, they said to wait another 20 days before they could take any action. Customer service was also rude and impatient, quoting "I know it is not ideal Michelle, but you have to wait."

So why am I still waiting?? Just give me a $#*!ing refund

lisaj323
2/20/19

If I could give them a negative 0 star rating I would ! Where's my sh*t?!!!!! Took my money and no package and the tracking numbers and locations they give you are bogus!The positive star ratings are from Nasty Gal themselves not actual customers !BEWARE

claudiab103
2/19/19

Already 30 days or a F******* 1 month. No package. No refund. Trying calling & send email to the CS is BS! No one ever response! Why?

carlyc23
2/19/19

The customer service is outstanding. I receive ONE faulty item out of an invoice of 20 and within 24 hours Andy J had solved all of my problems and dispatched a replacement. It was only a loose button.

Every item was as I saw online. The sizes do run a little on the smaller side, but I used their measurements and ordered everything based on that. Some are size 14 while others are a 16 when I'm a size 12-14 usually.

It is most definitely the best value for money and I'll be returning just for the customer service. They respond to reviews and they have an amazing return policy for an online store. I have zero complaints

Anyone giving this a negative review based on quality... You obviously think that Kmart should be quality too yeah? For the price it is great quality in comparison to the trash I've ordered elsewhere for same price. You don't like it, go shop your Gucci and LV and respect that this is an amazing value for money store at its price point. Unbelievable how many stupid people are allowed to review

malum1
2/15/19

Paid £10 for next day delivery, did not arrive on the day it was supposed to. I then missed parcel as they sent me the delivery slot 10 minutes before it arrived the following day, so was not home (hence why I paid for next day delivery, as knew I would not be in that day). They would not refund me next day delivery charge even though it was sent off a day late which was confirmed in the tracking section, therefore false advertising on "next day delivery" part. Now I have to wait till next working day and the event I have is on the weekend. So disappointed. Can not rely on their delivery and have missed out on a nice outfit for my event because of it - and NO REFUND.

A. Anyone that is an International Customer does experience custom fees, which is a bummer. But, at check out you are notified of this information.

By Ashley M.

I never ordered Anything from this company, they got my debt card # and just started to Take funds out of my acc. That is how they got caught, I would NEVER order anything from them!! Be very careful if you do.

By Charles R.

Hi!! I had to order 2 sizes up...these clothes are made for slim petite women. If u are not then order at least one size up.

By Sha g.

A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

This place is a big rip off ! Buyer beware!!!

By Charles R.

Go on to. Their customer services and there is a Q and A box, write to them and see. I also received a reply within a couple of days and the sent me one of the items that was missing and resent me one of the items that was damaged ( tiny hole) and didn't even ask me to send the damaged one back! Be careful sizes are smaller than ours. Good luck but I received good service....

By Sha g.

Certain people shouldn't be allowed to leave reviews IMHO. From what I can gather they changed ownership and people are displeased as the old customer service did nothing. This is very much a "get what you pay for" situation. I don't know what people expected from $10 shorts, but for $10 they're pretty awesome. I only had one issue and it was addressed promptly and they just sent me a new jacket, I didn't have to return my current one. It's value for money IMO The other complaints stem from people not reading the T&C's of their purchase. If you're stupid enough to not read them and check returns policies, then that's on you guys. Nasty Gal is quite open with they're returns policy for all countries and there is little they can do in terms of shipping/customs processing times. A lot of people who are mad are from the USA where customs is knows to intercept many packages. The rest are people who ordered next day delivery on a weekend when even the shipping company stipulates on THEIR website (DHL, USPS, AusPost) that next day shipping is business days only. The only other thing is sizing. It does run small. But again, if you're smart you'll do your measurements and check with the Nasty Gal guide. Hope this helps

By Carly C.

I am a size 6.5 and I ordered the size 6 sneakers and they came in UK size 4 which is apparently the equivalent size, but they were definitely 2 sizes too big on me, I just ordered a pair of sandals US size 5 instead of 6 hoping they will fit. Also, no half sizes available.

By Stephanie B.

Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

OH WOW! That sounds sooooo bizarre! But, I've order at least 10 times from Nasty Gal and I never heard of something like that... Sadly, it might have been like a return item that slipped through the cracks and was sent back out :( But, hey, I'm sure it was just a random fluke.

By Ashley M.
Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other customers.

NastyGal?