Review of NastyGal

Los Angeles, CA 90027
hello@nastygal.com

malum1
2/15/19

Paid £10 for next day delivery, did not arrive on the day it was supposed to. I then missed parcel as they sent me the delivery slot 10 minutes before it arrived the following day, so was not home (hence why I paid for next day delivery, as knew I would not be in that day). They would not refund me next day delivery charge even though it was sent off a day late which was confirmed in the tracking section, therefore false advertising on "next day delivery" part. Now I have to wait till next working day and the event I have is on the weekend. So disappointed. Can not rely on their delivery and have missed out on a nice outfit for my event because of it - and NO REFUND.

saraf93
1/17/19

love love love my clothes! They look so good on! The nasty gal team stayed in touch with me the whole time even when I couldn't access the tracking number! I did have to go to the postal office to pick up my package because no one was there to sign for it, however nasty gal sent my package in a timely fashion and for what I paid the clothes are amazing quality! Recommend! I'm a first time buyer and will be back for me

isabellab21
1/16/19

I order from them and had a lots of problem with the delivery system. This was not directly their fault but anyways they didn't seem helpful at all telling me to pick it up from a postal office when I had payed for the delivery. Bad service and response. Never got my order and the refund is still in process.

kimn140
1/14/19

DO NOT BELIEVE THE 5 STAR CUSTOMER REVIEWS THAT YOU SEE BELOW. These are all reviews that the Nastygal commitee posted to salvage the situation of their bad service, bad delivery and overall bad crisis management handling.
(TLDR: Scroll to the bottom for the concluding point that can be explained by the paragraphs below)

Ordered a parcel on the 16th of December. It was projected to arrive between 5-14 working days and was shown via tracking to have been on its way and already left the warehouse. 3 weeks later, my parcel still had not arrived. Emailed Nastygal and a member of the service staff told me that my parcel was delayed and held up at customs and would reach me by 17 January. On 13 January, I gather that they could not handle the situation anymore, they emailed me telling me that my request for a full refund had been approved. I HAD NOT REQUESTED A FULL REFUND AT ALL. They also included in the email that a refund might have been processed because the clothing items that I ordered were out of stock. The question here is how could my items have been delayed if they were already shown to have been shipped out at customs.

Wrote an email to clarify, and a member of the staff gave me the response that a full refund should suffice for the trouble caused in the episode. Pressed on further for an explanation and they told me that the courier had delivered it to the wrong address, thus the items had to be returned. They still refused to give me further compensation except for a refund (which was obviously what I was entitled to since my items had been 'returned'). I wrote another email back to tell them that I had checked with my account information and the address was accurate and there was no way that the courier had delivered it to the wrong address. This time, the staff said that she had checked and the courier had indeed delivered it to the correct address, and that the problem had occurred at "the delivery stage". It was an appalling experience with Nastygal, given the amount of offhanded excuses they gave to me regarding the whereabouts of my parcel, and even so, they still refused to give me further compensation except for the full refund which is actually not even a compensation in any way because my items were forcibly 'returned'.

In addition, I told them that I was willing to let the matter go if they would just ship my original order back to me, to the correct address but they gave me an excuse that because the refund had been processed, they would be unable to ship it to me. To me, it just sounds like a convenient way to explain away their inability to proceed with my shipment because their warehouse had run out of sizes for what I had ordered in the first place. I say this because when I tried to reorder my items, most of the items that I had originally ordered are out of stock or they do not have it in the size that I wanted anymore. This should most likely not be the case, especially since my items had been returned to the warehouse. In any case, I will be checking my credit card statement to make sure that I have gotten a refund for both the delivery charges and the full price of the items. In addition, future customers should take note that the website refunds you the exact value of the items that you ordered and does not make use of your overlooking of the difference in currency between pounds (£) and dollars ($) to make a slight profit for themselves at your expense.

To sum up my experience, Nastygal is FULL OF LIES, possibly being a Ponzi Scheme of 2019. My guess is that:
The items that I had ordered had never left the warehouse in the first place because they did not have stock for the items. The tracking shown on the parcel is fake and used to temporarily satisfy customers. Upon realising that our parcels are delayed, we are given another temporary gratification in knowing that our delivery charges have been waived and that the parcel is on the way. However, close to the due date, a refund is off handedly 'forced' upon us, making us wonder what went wrong. After that, stupid excuses such as the parcel being sent to the wrong address are given to us, with the company pushing away all blame onto the courier and the fact that they have given us a full refund, to eradicate themselves of all blame. A few questions remain. Did my items actually really get shipped out of the warehouse? Also, more importantly, IS THE COMPANY PROFITTING FROM THE IGNORANCE/LAZINESS OF US CUSTOMERS? It was only upon greater reflection that I realised that I should double check my credit card statement to make sure that I had not only gotten back a refund with the right amount, but also in the right currency. In conclusion, do not order from Nastygal.

(LOOK AT THE IMAGES FOR THE DISCREPANCIES IN THEIR REPLIES)

milas12
1/3/19

After reading other reviews and seeing that the same thing happened to me I decided to post a review and a possible suspicion. I ordered three items around 150 or so Canadian collars months ago; I was wondering where it was so I emailed them. They said it appeared my items were lost and they would reorder them and send it with the possible fastest shipping for free. I said sure, well another month and a half goes by and I hear nothing. I get an email this morning saying my account will be refunded as the items were lost. Again!?? And why didn't you bother telling me that. Hopefully I get the refund...seems like they take our money, use it, then skate by with mailing people damaged goods, doesn't match the picture, only 2 out of 9 items etc, to refund our money with no viable explanation months later. Ponzi scheme anyone????!!!!

itrecias
1/2/19

I bought a slippers to wear to New Years eve party. Which I had to send to USA and then shipped to Jamaica. It is very expensive to get stuff to Jamaica but we always foot the cost/ chargers. Anyways, when I got my order a size 7/40 slippers was sent to me instead of the size 9 I ordered. When I contacted the company they insisted that it was a size 9. I want to know wear in the world is China size 7 shoes a size 9. The person that answered me in Instagram was not helpful and in fact was very rude. Poor poor customer service. Do not and I repeat do not order any shoes from Nasty Gyal. My issue was not resolved I had to take the loss.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop shoes from Nasty Gyal

izad
12/28/18

This company is a literal fraud. They do not even sell their own products, but products from some aliexpress-like/ no-name-like companies. They photoshop photos of the products and say they are ''NastyGal best quality''. I have ordered black faux leather heeled boots from them. Boots have arrived quite quickly to Europe. But I have received them in a ripped and tied with a rubber band box from a brand called Krush since 1970. I tried to find any info about this brand but I found only 2 eBay Krush since 1970 auctions among the whole Internet. The shoes were supposed to be ''best quality faux leather'', but they are actually made from a stiff, matte, cardboard-like material. The heels are foamy and seem like they are about to come off the shoe. The ''leather'' has white wrinkles. I wanted to try the shoes on but my feet couldn't even go through this inflexible material! It took me hours to put them on and then to take them off! The shoes had a price of good quality shoes from a legitimate brand, but I got some semi-product from a ghost brand instead. And I have wasted my money. I heard that Nasty Gal customer service is pitiable so I decided to keep those shoes and see if they would actually work. Stupid me. The first day I went out in those shoes, the sole of one of them came off. I can say nothing but SCAM

erikab58
12/20/18

Hi where is my dresses? No cs answer my calls or email. Nothing! I wish this business close very soon! Totally BS! They are LIAR!

synneb
12/12/18

I ordered 3 packages 3 weeks ago. Should have arrived after 6 days but when i asked costumer service were it was i just got 3 confirmation-emails that they had received my 3 returned packages! Both me and my friend got this mail and we have NOT received anything. Should have known their crazy sales was too good to be true! Would have given a minus amount of stars if i could!

Tip for consumers: Dont

mackinzib
12/9/18

I, like many others apparently, had never ordered from Nastygal but had previously heard that the quality of their clothes was good. So, when I got an email on black Friday that the whole site was 60% off, I was a little blown away. I ended up placing two orders (some items for myself, some as gifts for my roommate) and it was a little slow. When I got the shipping notifications, the shipper was "royal mail" or something and when I clicked the tracking links the royal mail site said they couldn't find my package at that time, and it couldn't find it even after it was delivered to me. I ordered a shirt, a shirt dress (both very boxy and unflattering on me, but these were gifts so I didn't return them), earrings that were decent enough, a bodysuit (cheap plastic clasps at the crotch kept coming undone and there were strings everywhere showing how cheap the sowing was but didn't look too bad on) and a sherpa-esque jacket which wasn't that bad.

The quality wasn't poor enough to scare me away given the "60% off" pricing and the pictures and styles are appealing, but I don't think I will be ordering from them again.

ashleyc306
12/5/18

I spent over 300$ and its a total waste. AVOID NASTY GAL. Poor poor quality and they make you pay 15$ for a 6 business day shipping... I waited over two weeks and Im still waiting for some items. NEVER AGAIN. Its a steal.

laurenb200
12/4/18

I was apprehensive to buy from them after reading these reviews along with similar websites. However, I will say, I am not unimpressed with my purchases!

Although I do agree on the front that the pictures are slightly misleading, for being fast fashion, I would say the clothing is pretty high quality for the price you are paying. The only problem I had was that I bought a pair of platform shoes and then ended up being way taller/ more goth looking than I anticipated.

The customer service reps are extremely kind and helpful, and I will definitely be doing business with them again :)

nicolet185
12/1/18

If I could give it zero stars i would. I had been in contact with customer service via Instagram (they don't have a phone number) because I placed an order over 2 weeks ago. After the 21st, I stopped recieving shipping notifications. Customer service kept telling me to allow one more day, one more week, etc. Finally yesterday I contacted them a 4th time and they replied saying my order had been refunded. I did not ask for a refund. I just wanted to know the status of my order, I didn't mind waiting. They replied that apparently my package had been lost. If that was the case, I'm sure USPS would have been in contact with me. They said my money would be back in my account by the 7th. Hate to say it but I'm doubting I'll even be refunded. Truly disappointed with this company. I knew their sales were too good to be true. And their customer service dept. was completely illiterate, clearly from a place that does not speak English, even though apparently this company is UK based. I don't know what happened to this company it used to be great but now it is a scam.

verak19
11/24/18

I bought two items, bodysuit and a dress, I have never seen such a poor made pieces of clothing. But, the dress is an absolute disaster, it has no fit, and looks really ugly. I felt bad that I have let myself fall for Nasty Gal's sale. I used to order clothes from them all the time about 4 years ago, and it was great, I mean one of the best. Now, its an absolute worst. From a quality of fabric to a customer service to a delivery - everything struggles. I hope they will stop selling soon, as producing such a garbage is not good for customers nor for the environment. Avoid Nasty Gal, I know the sale price looks attractive, but its not worth it.

joes750
11/21/18

You have to wonder why cheap-and-NastyGal even exists. Terrible quality, over priced, and actually pretty ugly, sorry. I ordered 9 items, only received 2. The straw clutch is not the same product shown on the website - whats the deal with that? See the photo I attached. Nasty Gal sells this bag for $40 and then sends you something different. How is that acceptable? Ordered a sequin top (valued $40, got it 50% off) tried it on once, there are now sequins all over the floor. I still can't believe I paid 20 whole dollars for it. Cant comment on the other 7 items that are missing. This company and its products are a mess, avoid!! There are plenty of other cheap stores that offer cute clothes, stick with them.

julier248
11/7/18

I got my very first order from @nastygal this morning and one of my three items was missing and another was damaged( basically coming apart but I figured I can fix this so no big deal). I reached out and asked for my missing item to be sent out. They initially said no and that I would get a refund in 8 days and then have to wait a further 7 days for it to be processed,I was confused because I could see it was available on the website but they wouldn't send me the item missing from my order. I asked if I could speak to a manager but got no call ( I was told I would get one). After going back and forth I was finally told I would be sent one voucher for me to purchase my item again and another of 5 for the damaged item. Firstly I didn't receive the voucher to replace the missing item and when I went to the website the item was FOUR times the original price ( Yes FOUR times) so their voucher wouldn't even cover it. I went back to them about both not receiving the voucher and the new price and was told It was an issue with the website and it would be adjusted so I could make my purchase again. The next person who contacted me told me I just had to repurchase the item at the new price ( AGAIN 4 times the price for an item I already bought but just didn't get). As if this isn't enough, I did receive the 5 voucher for the damaged item but get this it was a boohoo.com voucher Actually blown away by how awful the customer service is.

ashleyd200
11/3/18

I brought 4 different pairs of shoes at a US size nine. The shoes were small, and the one flat pair of miles had one shoe that was too small, while the other fit fine. Upon reporting this to customer service, they kept reinstating that I had to ship it back and use the original packaging. First of all, the package was sent in a plastic bag..You can't reuse that after ordering, and I believe the size variation was an issue because it came from the UK. I am beyond disgusted that they couldn't assist, even with the one distorted shoe, and it is my responsibility to find packaging and send it back. I've received better customer services for hair products..let alone shoes!! I will stick with DSW where sizes are real, and service is better.

jessicap308
10/28/18

So I've ordered from Nastygal quite a few times. I'm always a little hesitant since the reviews are always quite bad but in my experience I've never had much of a problem. I've always received my things in a reasonable amount of time and I think I may have had to contact their customer service a few times for things but have always been helped. The return process was straightforward and I've been credited back just fine. I may have just gotten lucky with my purchases but no major complaints. *shrugs*

reeme2
10/23/18

I had never bought from Nasty Gal before, but based on what I had heard for the past few years, they had really nice stuff. They had a 50% off sale, so I decided to go crazy. I bought 13 items and everything was very reasonably priced - I only paid about $150. However, I should've known better, because the quality was absolutely horrific. None of the items looked as good as they did online, from horrible thin nylon fabric to sweaters that were literally made out of felt for $15. Sizing was inconsistent, details were sloppy and somehow hems were uneven. I would never order from them again, even if they were handing clothes out for free. I have never seen clothes that looked so cheap on, not even when I ordered from Boohoo, which is apparently their parent company now. It makes sense that their quality as dropped so much. However, their customer service was alright. When I emailed them, the replied the next day. Couldn't help me of course, but were still fast. I honestly have never been this disappointed with an online order, and I will already be returning all of the items I purchased within a day of receiving them.

alexiar5
10/22/18

I ordered the "Top of the World Platform Chelsea Boot" they had 50% off so I though I would go for it expecting them to be a great buy for the price ($40 dlls plus shipping, when they were originally 80dlls) ... WRONG. The boots came in 3 days late. They are the cheapest quality EVER. The heel was a super cheap foami material and it was all scratched and turned white where it had been scratched (notice that the heel was supposed to be black)
They came in a size UK 36, when I specifically ordered them in a US 5. They came in with black pen-tint-like-stains in the white areas. Honestly the worst buy I have made by far from nasty gal. Worst experience ever. Definitely returning them.

elit13
10/11/18

I bought some shoes off this store about $50 and some accessories, thinking they were good quality for the price. When the package arrived it was covered in dirt and grime! On the inside! I also found the an address sticker for someone else, I'm guessing that person returned the item and they sent it to me, yuck.
I didn't want to go to the hassle of dealing with the filthy item, I just ending it up throwing it away.
You're really living up your name Nasty.
** I never got a refund since I threw it away, this is just an honest review on my experience with the company.

miag30
10/7/18

I ordered three items from them a month in advance for this event I had coming up. Shipping was taking much longer than usual and the tracking said it had already been in the same city as me for 5 days. It took me forever to get through to usps for the problem since nastygal would not do the research for me, and when I finally did they told me the senders (nasty gal) had put in my address all wrong and it would never get to me unless they fixed it. So moral of the story, I never got my items which I was really looking forward to, and had to figure it out all on my own. I'm glad I got a full refund, but I would have muched rather just received the clothes.

marissat14
10/4/18

I received my order yesterday (which came late). And in my large order i received "Such a Square Bodysuit".

Not only did it have a hole in the front. I went to try it on an the crotch had a yellowish stain on it and i went to sniff because i was like "surely not" and to my HORROR it smelt like someone had 100% worn this before me. This Was clearly someone else's return - where NG obviously didn't check before they sent it on to the next person. Not only is this totally disgusting but it's completely unhygienic!!!!! I feel disgusted and blown away that they would think this was acceptable to send this to someone.

georgias43
10/3/18

The quality of these clothes are absolutely abhorrent. DO NOT ORDER FROM NASTY GAL!!!!!!! Never ever again.

tinah178
10/3/18

I ordered 2 things- a crop top (size 2) and thigh highs (size 7). They sent me a size 6 crop top and a size 5 thigh highs. How do you mess up by two sizes and both the items I ordered at that?! First time, and last time I will ever order from here.

I never ordered Anything from this company, they got my debt card # and just started to Take funds out of my acc. That is how they got caught, I would NEVER order anything from them!! Be very careful if you do.

By Charles R.

Hi!! I had to order 2 sizes up...these clothes are made for slim petite women. If u are not then order at least one size up.

By Sha g.

A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

This place is a big rip off ! Buyer beware!!!

By Charles R.

Go on to. Their customer services and there is a Q and A box, write to them and see. I also received a reply within a couple of days and the sent me one of the items that was missing and resent me one of the items that was damaged ( tiny hole) and didn't even ask me to send the damaged one back! Be careful sizes are smaller than ours. Good luck but I received good service....

By Sha g.

Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

OH WOW! That sounds sooooo bizarre! But, I've order at least 10 times from Nasty Gal and I never heard of something like that... Sadly, it might have been like a return item that slipped through the cracks and was sent back out :( But, hey, I'm sure it was just a random fluke.

By Ashley M.

Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other customers.

NastyGal?