My Perfect Resume reviews

customerservice@myperfectresume.com

64 reviews with 3 stars

sharonv24
6/17/17

I loved how easy it was to use, but I didn't get a free trial I got billed immediately. So I cancelled.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Sharon,
We are very sorry that you received the wrong impression of our service and our subscription. We would respectfully like to clarify some information and provide you with the following guide which may clarify any doubts you may have regarding your account:
Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume and cover-letter builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resumes and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access for $1.95 USD and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be canceled at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. If you have any additional concerns regarding your account feel free to contact us so we can provide you with further assistance.
rogers208
6/3/17

The process of putting the resume together went well but trying to recover and print was not so easy. Spent time with a customer service person who was able to help but took awhile to adjust what was printing on my end. Would have been much easier to have received an email with the finished product and adjust proportions accordingly.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Roger,
Thank you for your feedback about our product and for sharing your experience with our Customer Service.
jillianb15
6/1/17

my customer service rep was friendly, knowledgeable, and went out of his way to resolve my issue. best cust serv experience i have had in recent memory, and i utilize many services.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Jillian,
We are pleased that you were thrilled with our assistance with your request. We are committed to providing great customer service. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
judithe17
5/5/17

Hi, I just finished doing my resume as it is now called, with the help of MyPerfectresume.com . The choices and layouts of the resume are very impressive. My only fault was that after completion, it was not user friendly as editing and saving proved hard to do. After several tries and the next morning I managed to edit and safe my document. However, making big spaces small between paragraphs is still a problem as the bullet points do not move with the rest of the text. This part could be made easier, by may be just putting a read only on the back ground such as other documents not being used. and just the actual resume can be left editable. Thanking you for all your help. J

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Judith,
Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it. We wish you the best in your job search.
joannel45
5/5/17

I called the company because I was confused with what the charges were on my credit card. They charged me too much and I just wanted to remove the charge and be put on a different subscription. I would have rated it higher if they never charged me the higher amount in the first place. If I didn't check my credit card balance they would have kept me charging the same amount every month. Regardless, the customer service rep was very helpful and he was able to remove the charge and put me on the right subscription.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Joanne,
lollm
3/27/17

the live chat advisors are lovely!
Thanks for the refund Marcel.

using the Cv I created on My perfect cv I have been employed twice, just forgot to cancel my subscription.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Loll,
We are thrilled that you were delighted with how Marcel was able to provide a resolution about your request. We are committed to providing great customer service. Thank you so much for your awesome feedback!
pv13
3/23/17

The online help is really helpful-i have some issues with the site and i m gonna give them another chance.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi,
princed14
3/21/17

Initially you pay a dollar + for the services but then it charges you $24.95USD monthly. However, the costumer service is great and they really explain what happened and how they can help you.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Prince,
athenitv
3/17/17

I thought it was a one time thing, but when I got the email that was going to charge me $24.95 I called right away. My customer service was straight up honest told me the good things about the website and give me a good deal. I decided it to give it a try.
Why not.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Athenit,
harrym76
3/17/17

As one of the reviewers has stated. Beware you sign up thinking that you are making a simple one off payment. Then they deduct a monthly amount.
Always cancel after an initial few weeks if you don't want to continue using them.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Harry,
Thank you for your feedback and for rating us with five stars.
lanettek3
3/13/17

I paid the 2.49 for the 14 day trial. Not knowing that I had to cancel before the 14 days was up so that I was not charged monthly for the service. The resume was great landed a job 2 days after signing up. Was unawhere I was being charged from November until now when looking over my visa statement. Call and talked to a great guy who cancelled for me and refunded the last two months.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Lanette,
Thank you for that feedback and for let us know that you landed a job, those are terrific news. We wish you the best with your new job.
unknownu19
3/8/17

Never really knew that I had a subscription and a chunk of money was being taken away every month.. No monthly billing alerts, subscription email, etc.,

But the Customer service was extremely helpful and I think I spoke to Xavier who was kind enough to understand the issue and get me a partial refund.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi,
hirenp3
3/8/17

i called the guy and he was pretty helpful in a way that customer can expect. i was pretty happy with the guy i talked with and his tone was soft so i cant complain about it. he was helpful

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Hiren,
Thank you so much for this review. We are thrilled that you were delighted with our Customer service and with how your request was handled. We are committed to providing extraordinary customer service. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important for us.
roseb87
1/27/17

It is a very good resume builder. It helps direct you if you don't know what you're doing. However, even if you choose the free trial or one of the shorter subscriptions, they don't email you or let you know that they are charging you, if you forget to cancel your "subscription." The last email that I got from them was that my account was about to be deactivated, and then on my next bank statement, there were two charges from them for $24.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Rose,
We are very sorry that you received the wrong impression of our service. The following serves as a guide which may clarify any doubts you may have regarding your account: Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. To further our user experience, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee.

When you select our 14-day trial enrollment, it provides all details on screen that after the 14th day it will auto enroll into the monthly subscription service. It also explains, that you can cancel at any given time. This alert is also given when the credit card information is requested where it explains that, unless you cancel, you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription.

Lastly, when you finish your enrollment process, an e-mail is sent explaining this as well.

We apologize for any confusion this may have risen. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns regarding our products and services.
adamc107
1/11/17

Thats why i use a visa gift card whenever i go to site that sayu can cancel anytime . if they keep charging me they cant get anymore money cause its none there.I feel the site was good easy to use

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Adam, thank you for taking the time to review our services. We really appreciate this type of feedback because it changes the way we do things. If you need anything in the future, just contact us, we’re here for you. Thanks!
pabloo4
12/27/16

Good understanding people and Great on the last Attempt appreciate it your time & Effort ...

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Pablo, thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are pleased to know you liked our services and were of great help to you. If you need anything in the future, just contact us, we’re here for you. Thanks!
anvithas
11/15/16

I went on this site to design a new resume, the appearance was pretty good but the only problem I had was that I was not able to customize the body of the resume the way I wished to, which I unfortunately found out after paying the $1.75, and I ended up creating the website on Word myself and never opened the website again. I was also unaware that I had subscribed to it, and would be charged monthly. So today as soon as I saw the $24.95 charge I called customer care, he cancelled my subscription and said I would receive a refund. I really hope to see a refund. Thanks.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Anvitha, , thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are sorry, that was not the experience we wanted you to have. Please allow us to make things right for you, we are more than willing to help. We will send you a Direct Message to find a timely resolution immediately. Thank you.
seano23
11/10/16

This website is slow, freezes up, and cannot log in. I try and make corrections to my resume and words and punctuation are added that I did not make. I download the resume and can't make corrections to the resume and takes forever downloading. I spent 30 minutes trying to make a payment and the payment section froze up. I had to call customer service to make a payment. Go Trump!!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Sean, Oh no, that was not the experience we wanted you to have. We want to help you out and make things right for you. Please direct message us so we can assist you in a private/secure manner. Thank you.
sandraj40
10/24/16

I appreciate the help and I did get a job, but the process of getting the correct resume for me was quite complicated.
I also would really appreciate it if I could get a refund for the monthly payment as I failed to cancel the subscription for this service due to a move for my new job.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Sandra, congratulations on your new job! Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We want to make this right for you and are more than willing to help you. We will be sending a direct message to be able to assist you in a private/secure manner. Thanks for bringing this up.
saundram3
8/31/16

I rated it three star because the customer service person was rude, when I wanted to cancel my account.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Sanundra:

We are so sorry you feel that way about our service and are more than willing to assist you with your concern. We are committed to providing excellent customer service. Please send us a direct/private message so we can assist you in a secure manner.

chenoah
8/4/16

It was very well set up as far as entering content but I found the formatting tools to be a pain in the butt.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Chenoa:

Thank you for taking your time to review our services, we take it very seriously. We are glad that you found our services to be very well set up. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.

johnd593
John D.
6/28/16

I created a really nice resume with this site that was well worth the $4 it cost, but I forgot to cancel within the initial trial period and ended up paying a very high recurring monthly payment. I was pretty mad, but my customer service rep Xavier was very helpful and polite and helped me resolve my problem.

divoras
6/23/16

Sitalli was able to assist me with a few extra minutes of time & formatted & changed things as needed. For the $2.95 trial, which I cancelled after the day, & customer support, it was well worth the three dollars for one clean resume.

jameso74
6/4/16

First of all I think the service is a great idea, the theory and tips in compliling the cv really help, its been over 20 years since I've had to make a CV so I was dreading the process, this has helped get the nuts and bolts together.

I decided I was going to compile it over a few days between work and home and spend a day at my office (self-employed) putting the mojority of the CV together, I was very careful to save each section when I added or edited text, however when I came to check over it at home I found sections missing, big chunks too, roughly about 2 hours worth of work.

Very frustraiting when I put so much time into getting the wording correct which I will have to do again.

I think the developers have missed a trick and rather than seeing the value in the tips and building process they have made it too clunky in order to keep the text secure and its a little flakey which makes me nervouse about spending another 2 hours re constructing what has been lost.

doesn't feel like a freindly interface, its pretty sluggish on all my devices, my devices are not old and work well with other modern applications so I can only conclude it is the scripting on the site.

Such a shame, I will have to finish my cv on this site now but if you haven't started yet consider looking elsewhere that has a more robust interface.

Update:

I should add that I had problems adding text to my saved version, the interface would highlight blocks of text rather than allow me to place the cursor in the correct place and add or replace a few words. in the end I have had to cut the text the interface forces me to highlight then re-paste it back in, then quickly edit the text I want. I tried this on both windows and Linux, both behaved the same way (using Chrome and Firefox).

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi James:

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with this review! We are committed to offer our customers with the best experience with both our product and customer service. We believe that this is the best way to know and understand what our customers look for while using our product. Once again, thank you for this feedback and please feel more than free to contact us in the future if you have any questions or concerns.

My Perfect Resume
jonathanf39
5/19/16

After calling in to customer service twice,
two of their reps could not get the formatting correct.

There is an extra blank line under two of my work history entries--and no blank line
under the others.
The resume does not look uniform.

If I'm paying for a resume builder, I should AT THE VERY LEAST expect it to format it and not spend hours of my own time trying to remove a mysterious blank line; and then be told by two representatives that they tried a few things and could not remove that extra blank line.

The last rep I spoke with told me he was sending the issue in. However, I've had 3 interviews now, and handed in this resume that looks "almost right," when the very position I'm seeking demands of me to be detail-oriented. They will expect me to hand them a resume that looks visually uniform and consistent.

The reason I looked into myperfectresume to begin with was because I didn't want to have headaches over formatting my resume.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Greetings Jonathan F.

We are sorry that you feel this way. We are very committed in providing our customer with a great customer care and once again we apologize for any inconvenience that you experience while using the service. We take all feedback in a serious manner. You can contact us directly at customerservice@myperfectresume.com if you need assistance on any concern you may have regarding your account. We also sent you a private message so we can further assist you in a direct and secure manner. Looking forward to helping you achieve a timely resolution.

My Perfect Resume

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, Hinduja! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the My Perfect Resume staff and other customers.

My Perfect Resume?