Review of MyPerfectCV

Your Perfect CV – In Minutes
Learn More

lindaj81
5/17/16
I have cancelled my subscription so why has the money still come of my account ?
anab95
4/8/16
they charged me 1.25, 4 times and after a week 29.99 euro,haw is this possible when on the site it shows 1.25 ,and I've only downloaded once
cliffh22
4/5/16
Should of read the reviews first, cancelled the subscription straight away after reading the reviews, shall pop to my bank to ensure no payment comes out next month, it's crap when emailing the CV, appears all mixed up and half of it is missing
saxak
4/5/16
Avoid using this site, they robbed money from my account! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
thomasm162
4/1/16
Robbed me over the past six months. Took over 200 from my account. Dirty bastards
florins4
3/30/16
they told me I paid £ 1.95 then charged me again without my consent with another 23 pounds. saying that I signed a contract with them .... They are liars

Tip for consumers: SCAM

garethj3
3/30/16
These conmen will rip you off by signing you up for monthly contract in the small print anyone that gives these clowns more than one star must be working for them hope the money you con off people brings you nothing but misery.
damienc5
3/18/16
The dirty little rats at this company have managed to drain £20 extra out of me for a hidden sign up charge. Trust me I will find you and I will hurt you.
alisear
3/17/16
Graet
Response from Yashira H., MyPerfectCV Representative
Thanks, Alisea.
toufikb
3/11/16
I just checked my bank account and they took £23.80 an amount that was never mentioned and there is nowhere on the website where the charges are explained or displayed clearly for you to see.
shame.
axela13
3/6/16
I have given this company a week to sort out their "admin" error and after 2 promises of a refund from phone representatives and an admission of fault (in a phone call I recorded) there is still no money in my account.

I am now fulfilling my promise to them to expose their scam. Today I will be contacting the office of the financial ombudsman to log an official complaint. If you have had a bad experience with this predatory company, please let me know by emailing me (hopefully my email will appear here) @ *****@gmail.com so we can work together to build a case of malfeasance against these scumbags.
stevent54
3/3/16
Please avoid My Perfect CV at all costs - Having recently signed up for the 14 day trial at a cost of £1.95 the service on offer is basic at best. Nothing you cannot get from standard templates readily available online. Worse still when attempting to download in Word format the templates didnt format correctly and so I had to spend 2 hours fixing the issue.

Worse still when cancelling my subscription (you are automatically signed up for a month) I was billed £23.80! I have tried to ring their helpline but have been on hold for 15 mins and have now given up.

Please avoid at all costs - Save yourself time, energy and money and go elsewhere
toreh1
2/24/16
While I was aware (unlike some other reviewers here) that they charged a 'renewal' fee, it was impossible to get on their site to cancel as it recognizes your e-mail and mobile number. Lo and behold, once your renewal date arrives, you can get straight onto the site again! Fortunately I had my card provider 'block' them from taking any funds from my account. I had the pleasure of notifying them at 00:03 the day of the renewal. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!
peterb143
2/20/16
Signed up unaware of the excessive charges, avoid avoid avoid
joanw27
2/17/16
If you can not use paypal for so called payment then, Bells should start ringing that.
monikac7
1/27/16
as you use page to create your cv you have to pay 1.95 but as soon you pay they will bill you every month 23.80 !!!!!
joannel29
12/30/15
I signed up to this and created a CV , not realising that I had signed up to have £23.80 taken out of my bank every month ! I stupidly had not checked my bank, but have had no emails , no contact, nothing from the company since August, they dont mail you to tell you they are taking money each month.
They clearly knew I wasn't using the site as my access had been removed and I was unable to log in. The customer service is awful, they send stock replies to mails and hide behind terms and conditions, I agree it was an oversight on my part and on this basis asked for 50% of the money back as I had not used the site and when I did go on to find out what it was for I could not get in at all ! the reason they ask for a continuing card payment is because as a consumer you have no recourse if you make this expensive mistake ! stay a million miles away if you have any sense...after a thread of emails this was the last response......................

The information you request about procedures, I do not have this information, about anybody monitoring our site, Sorry but I`m not awared of that. Is there anything else i can assist you with? we provided your reimburstment already and the information we provided is the same information that is stated on our website

I will be taking this further, NONE of my questions have been answered, and my 'reimburstment' (whatever that word means ! ) hopefully the person who wrote this isn't proof reading any CV's ! has NOT been provided , you gave me one month back which I have already stated is an insult
monsours
12/28/15
Software is nothing special. What annoyed me is that you pay 2 pounds for CV and you all of a sudden get amazing auto subscription for their outstanding services for 23.80 a month, which despite not using, they declined to refund you.

Would say deceiving and useless, customer support is quick but they have plenty of already prepared answers as I'm not the only person who complains about automatic subscription.

BEWARE your 1.95 pounds cv may turn into 23.80/month, so make sure you cancel your automated subscription for this outstanding service.
leonp12
12/1/15
This Cv is total rubbish, you cannot even move the header up to fit a few words on the end. says its free but you can't print it it until you pay and you cannot copy & paste it either. They will take money from your account every month for doing nothing. BEWARE TOTAL SCAM.
kellyc84
11/22/15
There was no mention of cost intill i had completed my cv and needed to print. i am now trying to cancel my subscription via the 'my account' tab, which will not work! i will be contacting my bank to make sure that they will not be taking any more money from my account!
kierono
11/19/15
They charged me £1.90 for an ok CV, which wouldn't download properly, then 23.80 a week later for a monthly fee that isn't shown on the website!!!

DO NOT USE, they are scammers!!!!
scottm118
8/10/15
Very happy satisfied customer - great software :) Would recommend :)
matthewa31
7/29/15
this service was speedy, supportive and extremely helpful, I would recommend this service. Great product and very friendly, helpful staff. 10/10
georger48
7/21/15
Can't help but feel CONNED. myperfectcv.co.uk fail to inform you at the beginning of their process that there is a recurring fee of £23.80 which is withdrawn from your account on a monthly basis on top of the £2.95 they request as you submit the completed CV. There are excellent CV services that charge nothing just be patient and search or seek from personal agencies

Why are you changing my friend who paid for my cv now I found out you taking £15 pound a month out i want it stopped right now

By John m.

I actually tried to do this online...and YOU CAN'T - there is no option to cancel, only upgrade! it states to make changes to your subscription, contact them. Well that didn't work either as I was on hold for half an hour before an automated message told me to leave a message.Come on, if you're providing an online service, make sure that what you say you can do, is actually available to do so! Very poor...

By david B.

Hi Mary, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may send an email at CustomerService@MyPerfectCV.co.uk Thank you!

By Andy G.

Hello, JJ - Thank you for getting in touch with us, I'll be more than happy to clarify how our services work. Our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We have a continuous billing feature which charges your account after the 14-day period and every month for the regular price afterward unless you choose to cancel your subscription beforehand. Since the account was not canceled before the 14-day trial expired, we charged your CC/DB. Also, when we request your CC/DC information, we clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request cancellation before the 14-day trial expires you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as: -Sell page -Payment information page -Processing payment page -Order confirmation page -Payment confirmation e-mail We hope that this information helps clear things up. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative

Hello, Mahmoud - Thank you for getting in touch with us, our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We have a continuous billing feature which charges your account after the 14-day period and every month for the regular price afterward unless you choose to cancel your subscription beforehand. Since the account was not canceled before the 14-day trial expired, we charged your CC/DB. Also, when we request your CC/DC information, we clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request cancellation before the 14-day trial expires you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as: -Sell page -Payment information page -Processing payment page -Order confirmation page -Payment confirmation e-mail In addition, on our 'Terms' we clarify the following: You may cancel your subscription anytime by contacting our Customer Service Department or by going to the online cancel page under My Accounts and My Settings. The provider will send an email with a cancellation number to confirm any cancellation request. If you do not receive this confirmation and still wish to cancel, please contact our Customer Service Department directly for further assistance. The provider may issue a refund if notice of cancellation is provided before the end of any trial period. However, the Provider does not guarantee refunds after trials are expired. You cancel your subscription using by contacting us directly using any of the following options: Contact Us - https://www.myperfectcv.co.uk/information/contact.aspx United Kingdom 0808.189.0676 Monday-Sunday 09:00-21:00 United States 855.213.0348 Monday-Friday 8:00-20:00 Saturday 8:00-17:00 Sunday 10:00-18:00

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative

Hello, Areej: We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, however, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. For the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, you may download a plain text version of your resume for free. We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account.

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative

Hello, Jhuma - You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Lara! In order to get any information regarding subscription costs, please contact our Customer Service Department at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST)

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news,Rob. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. When you signed up for our product you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you selected our 14-day trial, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. Also, when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you self-cancel or request a cancellation before the 14-day trial expires you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed in multiple areas such as: -Sell page -Payment information page -Processing payment page -Order confirmation page -Payment confirmation e-mail With this in mind, you may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative

Hello, Angela: Thank you for getting in touch with us! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectcv.com Call us at: 855.213.0348 (United States) Our representatives are available from: Monday to Friday 8:00 - 20:00 Saturday 8:00 - 17:00 Sunday 10:00 - 18:00 By clicking on the Chat button on our website: https://www.myperfectcv.co.uk/information/contact.aspx By going to the online cancel page under My Accounts and My Settings: https://www.myperfectcv.co.uk/membership/signin.aspx?src=timeout&targ=https://www.myperfectcv.co.uk/account/resume-home.aspx We hope that this information answered any questions or concerns. Best regards, MyPerfectCV

By Laura T., MyPerfectCV Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MyPerfectCV staff and other customers.

8 Photos for MyPerfectCV