Motherhood Maternity reviews

Tel: 1-800-4MOM2BE (1-800-466-6223)
rocio@motherhood.com

kimb548
1/12/19

They are criminals. Absolute criminals. I received promotional bumper bucks for purchases that I made at their store. When I tried to redeem them, every single one of them was labeled as an "invalid code" on the coupon. When I called corporate customer service, the response was "well they're invalid so you must have return something on the receipt." When I explained to them that I have not returned anything, they would do absolutely nothing to rectify the situation I told them to cancel the order. I made the order 20 minutes prior to my phone call and they told me they could not cancel it because it had passed the time for cancellation. They are absolutely without any concern for customer service. They don't care whether or not they provide a good product and they don't care to honor the promotions that they put forth. I will never shop there again. I will not shop with their sister stores and I will tell everyone I know the same thing.

debraf113
11/26/18

They have NO problem sending (already overpriced merchandise for the CRAP quality) a balled up, wadded up, wrinkled mess for Mommies to be. I know how to iron, just did not have the extra step in mind. Thanks, MM

georginab14
11/11/18

I went to the Columbia mall store last night and the the lady who was closing was very rude. She didn't feel like helping when i asked her.

mariem240
10/15/18

The sales associate, Tracy offered assistance and was very nice as my daughter and I were shopping. My daughter is,expecting first baby and Tracy made the shopping experience very enjoyable. We will definitely return and refer other friends to the mall store.

davej90
12/22/17

Went there to buy a dress for a friend shop had her son die and needed a funeral dress. Bought 2 with understanding that I would keep one. Sales clerk said ok. Next day returned one (keeping one) with receipt. They scanned receipt but their system couldnt find it. Refused to refund. Shocked. Awful customer service. Spent an hour just sort of staring at the clerk who was on the phone with corporate.

tessc6
9/19/17

After their promotion not computing properly in my shopping cart, I call customer service and am told that the order must be placed before the promotion adjustment can be applied. At this time, I am not informed that motherhood.com does not allow for ANY order cancellations. Period. Placed the order due to request of customer service rep, received adjustments, but instantly regretted purchase. Called back immediately to cancel and was told that this is not possible due to their 'fast order processing system.' How fast is this system?? Well, I'll be getting my order in a week. Unbelievable. I will never shop with this fraudulent company again!

lauras263
8/23/17

I had just purchased an item which took over a week to get to me. Once i received the item the SAME day I found it online for half of the price during one of their sales. I contacted their customer service and asked for a price adjustment. They conveniently waited until the sale was over to respond 2 days later and said that since my purchase was over 7 days ago they refused to price adjust. It took them over 7 days to even be delivered to me so how is that fair?! I will be returning my entire order and never ordering from them again. The two women I spoke to were not helpful at all. The quality of the clothes is poor too. Do not waste your time or your money here. TARGET has better quality maternity clothes.

annag104
8/12/17

I've walked past this store so many times before I got pregnant and it seemed like they had the cutest stuff! When I became pregnant (currently still am) I went there to look for maternity clothes for the first time. To my surprise, this place seems to think aal pregnant women are size 0's. The ENTIRE store is full of adorable clothes that I would spend money on but only a TINY rack for plus size. There are no choices.. not even on the site. It's ridiculous. You're a maternity shop and don't even consider that most of your customers might be a little bigger than what you offer? I couldn't believe it. When I asked one of the employees why they don't have a bigger selection, she stated that they used to have less. They literally added two more shelves for pants that aren't even cute. It blows my mind that there is an entire store full of clothes that can't be worn by anyone over a size 10. I wouldn't be so upset if I had more maternity shop in my area but there are none. This and Target (sad when a place that isn't made for maternity sells better clothes and a variety of sizes than an actual maternity shop)

valf14
8/5/17

Bought my daughter maternity blouses and my purchase was held hostage until I heard the whole sales pitch on purchasing a magazine package "one time cash special". Really? I'm far too busy for this. What should have taken 2inutes took 10 minutes. If customers are interested.. they will ask you. Knock it off. The line during a busy afternoon would be insane if everyone had to listen to the sales pitch. The two ladies in front of us had to endure the same torture. For a gal with disposeable in one- looking to gift her daughter? U just lost a customer. Found the transaction tacky.

taraw37
11/15/16

Ordered 2 shirts and 2 pairs of leggings. I had previously ordered leggings from MM that I was very happy with and used heavily for over a year. In this order, one pair of leggings was destroyed during the 3rd wash and the other pair ripped in the fabric (not on a seam) while I was putting them on. I owned these items for just a few weeks when they were destroyed. It's obvious that the quality has gone downhill since my last purchase. Customer service is incredibly unresponsive. It's been weeks and I cannot get an answer out of these people! They just stopped answering my emails after I explained that another item in my order was poor quality. They claimed they reimbursed my credit card for one pair, but as of 2 weeks later, I have not had the funds returned to by debit card. They also said they reimbursed me $16-something for a $19-something item because I received a Buy-3-Get-One-Free item and they took part of the 'free' item out the reimbursement. I am one incredibly unhappy pregnant woman! If you want to waste your time with bad quality and bad service, this is the place for you.

jennifere45
10/5/16

I visited the store to purchase the Jessica Simpson skinny jeans. Tried on the XL. They fit l, but the belly band did not leave extra room for growth. I was still going to purchase them, as they were buy one get one 50% off. Got to the register and saw the exact same jeans in plus size. Grabbed the 1X. Lady at the register informed me plus size did not offer the same sale. Wait a minute? They were priced the same, same name brand, but not on sale?!? Please explain Motherhood!! I called and voiced a formal complaint last Thursday. I've yet to receive a response.

jenniferr70
1/15/15

Go in-store for a great shopping experience. Just like with most clothing stores, you should try on the clothing before making a purchase. They have velcro bellies you can put on to see what the clothes will look like later in your pregnancy. The people who work there are kind, happy to help style your wardrobe or leave you alone if you prefer to browse by yourself. The thickness/quality of some of the garments can be questionable at times but I think it is because they intend for women to layer their clothes since we sometimes get way too hot when pregnant. Ordering online is not a great experience because the sizing can be off (but I usually end up in SMALLER sizes, hooray!) and you cannot get a refund in-store, only store credit. All in all the company has made loads of improvements over the last couple years and I will continue to shop there even after I'm done having my kids because their winter deals are amazing ($9.99/BOGO Free tops) and the material is always soft and the pants never squish my sensitive belly.

I love this store!

annam83
11/11/14

The product was fine. Nothing special, but good for the price. What is really disappointing is the company's customer service for online purchases. I received an automated e-mail order confirmation on the day of my order and then I did not hear a word from them for 13 days. I e-mailed them asking information and I never received a reply, when the only information I could find on their site was that my item had been back ordered.

When I finally received it, they send me a request to write a review. Which I did, complaining about the customer service. That review was never publiched, nore did anyone contact me to apologize.

Conclusion? Don't trust the reviews you read on their site!!

I'm certainly not going to spend any more of my money there!

judym11
2/21/13

I purchased about $250 of clothing from this site. I wanted to simply ask a question about pant lengths and cannot get anyone in customer service. Been trying for 3 days. Wait for 9 minutes each time I call and a recording comes on to tell you they are receiving many calls and can't answer your call now...then disconnects. I have sent emails...no repsonse. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heatheru1
9/17/11

I think if you just need maternity clothing at a reasonable price, fine....shop here. However, I'm a business owner and I am client-facing daily. I need stylish, comfortable, corporate-appropriate clothing. Motherhood.com is NOT for me.

I've made a single order, which arrived in two shipments. My cousin sent me a gift card and a discount coupon that was to expire in july (she sent it in June). with this order I purchased several items, using the gift card and my credit card. The coupon reflected in my initial purchase price (was a BIG discount mind you), but would NOT reflect when I was asked to finalize the purchase. Eventually i gave up and just made the purchase, giving up the discount. This annoyed me, but hey....I could not ignore the gift from my cousin.

When the first part of the order arrived I had mixed reviews. A few items were ungodly cute, and versatile. But most were made of flimsy material with poor quality construction. I've not worn them except around town for errands on the weekend. The second order was similar....half the items were decent and wearable, the other became house-wear.

The shipping is VERY fast. The prices are relatively low. The quality is poor. The selection is decent. Ultimately though, this is not a place for pregnant women of discriminating taste. Motherhood became MEH-therhood. (Sorry, bad pun)

Questions? Get answers from the Motherhood Maternity staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Motherhood Maternity