Modern Piano Moving reviews

1 star

melissay21
Melissa Y.
12/31/18

Modernpiano.com had the best rates but we didn't sacrifice quality by choosing the cheaper alternative. The movers were punctual, efficient, and our piano arrived without a scratch and sooner than estimated so we had it in time for the holidays. This is a well-run company that will take good care of your piano! Highly recommend!

pattyy3
Patty Y.
12/26/18

Penny, in Customer Service, was knowledgeable and very helpful. The movers arrived at the scheduled time for pickup and delivery, and worked carefully and efficiently. Modern Piano was a very professional and experienced company to move our very old player piano from NY to NC!

carolf102
Carol F.
12/24/18

All piano movers are not created equal, and these folks are definitely a cut above. I have used them four times, and I would use them again (although I hope not to do any more moves). They are professional, competent and very careful with the piano and the home.

paulae28
Paula E.
12/20/18

I was completely satisfied by the quality of the professionals who handled moving my piano. The young men who arrived to pick it up were not only pleasant and intelligent; it was also a pleasure to watch the sure and professional way they handled my huge Steinway. The piano arrived in excellent condition at its destination.
5 stars to all of you.

mps3
MP S.
12/12/18

The piano company was communicative, personable and accurate. Once the pickup date was determined, the drop-off date was calculated and the piano was delivered exactly on time and in pristine condition. They took great care of my refurbished 100 year old piano, and it is now safely in the home of a fifth generation that will learn to play on a family heirloom. Modern piano kept in touch appropriately throughout the process and I would trust them again.

karens807
Karen S.
12/12/18

This move was complicated as the grand piano went to LA, to a home with 8 steps down, in a narrow hallway and a 90 degree turn into the house. They engineered this move thoroughly ahead of time with photos and measurements. All bases were covered! They took great care of my piano and are true professionals. I highly recommend Modern Piano.

sandyw109
Sandy W.
12/12/18

I searched for long-distance movers to move my 60-year old piano from Illinois to South Carolina. I received an email and a call from Jules at Modern Piano Movers and she explained the process from pickup in IL to delivery in SC. It was a great experience for me....and I'm sure my piano would agree! Jules kindly answered my calls and emails in a timely manner. The two men who pulled up in their 18-wheeler on a Saturday night to deliver the piano were kind and considerate and took their time to ensure safe handling of my cherished piano. Thanks Modern Piano Movers. You are the best!!

raymondl53
Raymond L.
12/11/18

The whole process from providing a quote several months before I made the decision, to the confirmation, onsite packing and explanations of what to expect is very professional. I give them a 11 in a 10 scale.

christinef65
Christine f.
12/11/18

Couldn't be happier! It was time for my son's own home to be filled with his piano-playing, after so many years that he and his music had blessed our home. But I had no idea where to begin. I talked with my favorite moving company, and I checked with music stores which sell pianos; but all the information I got was, "you'll want an expert".

I searched "piano move, Chicago to St. Louis" and then I painstakingly examined the results. Services, methods, ratings, experience...and it was the REVIEWS that mattered the most. The time I spent scrutinizing online reviews really paid off. You can BELIEVE them!

Modern Piano Moving lived up to every rave review they had online. Would I have liked for it to cost less? Of course - but it was WORTH EVERY PENNY to have such professionals handle our piano so well! Every communication was helpful, informational, supportive, professional. The move went perfectly from door to door, and I have been recommending Modern Piano to everyone I know.

THANK YOU for treating our family heirloom AND our family with respect and care!

babyc9
Baby C.
12/11/18

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful you all are. For starters, your communication department is outstanding. You communicate through email, text, phone calls, are quick to respond, and are kind and curious. You worked with me on various financial situations and were patient and had creative solutions. You helped me make it work. The piano was delivered expertly and your movers went above and beyond. They were awesome!!!! Thank you and next time I have a move, I'll be sure to call you again.

davidm487
David M.
12/9/18

Thank you again! The service was great! It saved me a lot of time and headaches by having the piano moved instead of struggling to do it myself!

davidm1736
David M.
12/8/18

We had a great experience. The piano was moved within the timeline we needed (you were able to accommodate a change to our closing date). The movers on both ends were very professional and confident, which gave me assurance that my piano was in good hands!

danm378
dan m.
12/6/18

these guys offer great communication during the planning phase, their price is reasonable, and the people that actually pick up and moved the piano were top notch. True professionals, couldn't have been better.

pianom2
Piano M.
12/5/18

Penny was the consummate customer interface-- helpful, responsive, friendly, timely-- extremely delightful to work with. The actual movers themselves were polite, friendly, hard working and very respectful. I was very impressed by the whole experience.

kateb114
Kate B.
12/4/18

Excellent customer service, treated my piano like their own, the entire staff is professional and polite. The drivers who delivered my piano after storage of 6 months, was incredibly careful, polite, and respectful. This type of service in today's diluted standards is exemplary!

kathryns83
Kathryn S.
11/26/18

Modern Piano provided excellent service from the first phone call until the final delivery. And their pricing was excellent for the unique service they provide. They stored our piano for several weeks and it was perfect. I strongly recommend them!

organistalh
organistAL H.
11/22/18

Great service at a competitive price with friendly representatives. I was very pleased with Modern Piano Moving and would recommend them to anyone. My 5'10" Boston grand arrived on schedule from Georgia to Arizona in perfect condition. Thanks for a great job!

anonymousi195
anonymous I.
11/15/18

The movers did an excellent, efficient job. They advised me about my piano bench. I would use them again when the piano needs to be moved again in the future.

suev31
Sue V.
11/15/18

Our situation was a bit unusual since we were dealing with moving one piano to the first location and then having a different piano picked up there and moved to Indiana. Misty was extremely helpful in making all the arrangements, AND she didn't make me feel as if our situation were a pain in the neck, which I'm sure it was! The guys who picked up and delivered the pianos did a fantastic job getting the first piano delivered up steps and through a narrow porch. The second piano is still in transit to Indiana, but I have confidence that it'll be handled as well as the first one.

suen35
Sue N.
11/14/18

Couldn't be happier!!! Top knotch!! They are so nice and hard workers!! And knowledgable!! On schedule and proud of it!! Treated my piano like it was theirs...answered all my questions!! This is the cross country mover you can trust!! And a beautiful semi loaded with state of the art equipment...Sue Nelson

markp246
Mark P.
11/14/18

They really are all about moving pianos. They know everything there is to know about getting a piano out and into the truck, and getting it into the destination. They get 10 out of 10

brittaq
Britta Q.
11/14/18

Very easy process to set up the move from OK to TX with great customer service. The move itself was seamless and the piano arrived on time and in perfect condition. The movers had a very steep staircase to move the piano up and they made that happen with no damage to my walls, wood steps or the piano itself. Excellent service.

kena104
Ken a.
11/7/18

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the service 10.5 because it was truly amazing how quick and neat the service was with both wrapping the piano and then delivering the piano 700 miles away and then setting it up again.

benh128
Ben H.
11/7/18

Contacted me promptly. Very professional. Arrived when they said they would. Communicated with me the whole time. Price seemed comparable to similar services. Would use them again if I have to move a piano.

rosemaryc33
Rosemary C.
11/2/18

I was very impressed with all the people I had to deal with from the office staff to the men who packed my Yahama grand piano for shipment from California to my son in Charlotte N.C.
My son who received the piano this past weekend also remarked how helpful and pleasant were the people that he had to deal with from the scheduling people and especially the men who delivered and unpacked the piano.
i would highly recommend your service.

Questions? Get answers from the Modern Piano Moving staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Modern Piano Moving