Alibris UK

Alibris UK has a consumer rating of 4.76 stars from 896 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Alibris UK most frequently mention excellent service, reasonable price and credit card. Alibris UK ranks 2nd among Textbooks sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 97.7%
How would you rate Alibris UK?

“Straight forward however would like more information...”

Jackie S.
2/1/21

Straight forward however would like more information on the shipping. The dealer Blackwell say standard shipping is free but Alibris charge. Would like to know why. If Blackwell ships the book it appears I am paying for postage already covered. More clarification would be helpful if it means through Alibris the delivery time is quicker hence the charge. Apart from that I am pleased with the user friendly site navigation.

“Just received a credit card statement today”

William M.
2/19/21

Just received a credit card statement today. Out of refunds on 3 items Alibris failed to deliver on, two refunds fell short of what was paid leaving a total shortfall of 4.75 on both items. Very disappointed at this and personally I think this is wrong to say the least. I was also sent a coupon by Alibris which was valid yet when I tried to use it it was disallowed.

tonym743
February 17th, 2021
mukeshp25
January 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

The books I order (very many) are mostly in very good condition packed securely [although could be better wrapped sometimes, for which I would be happy to pay a little extra] and at very good value for money - I will continue using alibris for a long time to come, and have recommended to several others.
Thank you!

Reason I chose this business:

My own past positive experience!

jackies466
Verified purchase

Straight forward however would like more information on the shipping.

Reason I chose this business:

You contacted me with the voucher offer. A good move!

jeane108
January 22nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Well done Alibris. You never fail to deliver me good books, in good condition at excellent prices

For value for money

paulb2670
February 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

Informative descriptions. Wide range. Clear descriptions of condition. Good prices. (I read customers' reviews on Amazon, then avoid its tentacles by buying on Alibris)

Regular customer

brianj719
February 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Excellent site, works quickly; offers wide choice and good prices; and seamlessly joins the different independent - non-Amazon et al! - vendors into a single offering.

Reason I chose this business:

See above - this has been my experience from the start.

alicew282
Verified purchase

Great except a technical error with the website but that might be because i was inactive for too long

briank1234
February 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Excellent! Great to get an extremely rare self published book I thought I would never find!
I use alibris more and more as it really is the best!

Through Bookfinder!

martinb586
February 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Very efficient. I found the book, written by a long lost relative very easily. Well done.

Reason I chose this business:

You had the book I required

alexj511
February 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

Quick, straightforward and reliable, as usual. Importantly an order number was generated so I can save this to my laptop in the unlikely event that the book gets lost in the post. Plus the confirmation email generates a 'detail' number for additional depth. This too helps me to chase it up if it gets lost.

Reason I chose this business:

Because it pays tax, unlike Amazon, and treats its employees with respect and dignity, unlike Amazon. In general I try to support ethical businesses and in particular I aim to back independent booksellers.

janets1150
February 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I can always depend on Alibris when I want a difficult to obtain book. Good website, easy to navigate and very efficient.

Reason I chose this business:

Difficult to obtain book.

Reason I chose this product:

Wanted to expand my knowledge of the work of the poet concerned.

benc836
February 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

Quick loading times, no fuss appearance and easy to navigate and filter through results. Great experience on the site so far, now to see how well the order turns out.

barbarag983
January 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

I have usually been able to find the books I require on Alibris, with dispatch executed quickly

For the above reasons

davidw3432
marcor130
February 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

One winning point: to keep very low the international shipping costs.
Do not ever give up on bulk shipping, speed is not an issue

Low shipping costs

samueld189
January 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

Easy. No need to create an account, which I appreciate – although the option to easily do so at the end of the ordering process was offered, which I also appreciate and on this occasion took advantage of. Thanks!

Reason I chose this business:

Bookfinder.com showed you to have the best price. I do not always follow the best price, and especially will often shop at non-Amazon (or Amazon-connected) stores in preference to the best price. But even better when the best price isn’t by Amazon!

josephs1726
February 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

Most of the time items arrive in much better condition than other sellers, I would say consistently. However, shipping speeds are also very slow, possibly due to the lockdown.

Reason I chose this business:

Because Amazon by Hellfire missile, i. E: very quickly, with nothing left of the item you bought afterwards.

mrss180
February 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

All good EXCEPT i do not wish m y credit card details to be stored. You really must allow your customers to make their own decision no matter how secure you say your site is. I always worry having been hacked once. Its hell.

Good shipping cost

ebyu
February 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've managed to find all of the books I've been looking for and at great prices so this will definitely be a resource I continue to use in future

colinb250
January 31st, 2021
Verified purchase

Alibris seem very good - I have purchased books from them many times previously!

Reason I chose this business:

Because of past positive experiences with them

davidb5672
February 9th, 2021

Excellent. Website easy to use

mariam1884
January 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

I wasn't given the option of not saving my payment details, other than that,, the whole process has been fast, easy and perfect.

Reason I chose this business:

They have the book I was looking for, I found it through bookfinder.com

paulineh105
January 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

I just love alibris! I have so many books purchased from this company that I am not sure where to put them all...

Reason I chose this business:

I always use this company as they seem to stock the books that I look for at a very good price. Most impressed...

danielh1454
January 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

So easy to search books just by a random authors name or part of a book title. Good varying range of prices from the providers. Will use again (as long as I get my books lol)

charlottew197
February 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

My shopping experience was very good. I found the site very easy to use. And am now looking forward to receiving my books! Thank you Alibris!

Reason I chose this business:

Had the best prices for the books I wanted to buy

Reason I chose this product:

Inspire by the book I'm reading at the moment

Questions? Get answers from the Alibris UK staff and other customers.

amya33
Rob L.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alibris UK?

Have a question about Alibris UK?