Alibris UK

Alibris UK

Alibris UK has a consumer rating of 4.68 stars from 3,648 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Alibris UK most frequently mention good price, excellent service and shipping costs. Alibris UK ranks 2nd among Textbooks sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 92.8%
3,359

• Would like if credit card type was updated automatically.
  • Great shopping experience... easy, engaging and entirely shopper friendly, thank you!

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Alibris UK?

“Very good for hard-to-find CDs”

James W.
3/7/21

Very good for hard-to-find CDs. Some unnecessary trouble with sellers, and also orders from the US over the years have taken than 2 months to arrive when ordered through Alibris. But a good resource.

“I am so fed up with websites that change my 'Delivery'...”

sandra t.
3/30/21

I am so fed up with websites that change my 'Delivery' or 'Billing' information to something else AFTER I've entered it CORRECTLY. I had to enter details 3-4 times to get both categories (in different countries) to be how they needed to be. I AM so sick of taking over an hour to order 2 books. These glitches have happened largely at at Used Book bookstores! What is it? Driving me mad! Next time, I'll pay full price and give my business to Waterstones!

Reviews (3,648)

credit card (31) shopping experience (14) web site (13)
jamesw2899
March 7th, 2021
Verified site experience

Very good for hard-to-find CDs.
But a good resource.

Reason I chose this business:

Difficult to find item. Found with barcode.

felipep37
March 15th, 2021
Verified site experience

Alibris has a huge offer of used books at a convenient price. I have found here several difficult-to-find or expensive book which are in good conditions and perfectly useful.

Just one suggestion. It would be convenient to expand the payment options with, for example, Paypal or other non-credit based options.

Reason I chose this business:

Because I fount the book I was looking for cheaper than in other bookshops.

alexj511
February 21st, 2021
Verified site experience

Great! Thanks so much - appreciated.

Reason I chose this business:

Because it pays tax, unlike Amazon, and treats its employees with respect and dignity, unlike Amazon. In general I try to support ethical businesses and in particular I aim to back independent booksellers.

jackies466
February 1st, 2021
Verified site experience

Straight forward however would like more information on the shipping.
The dealer Blackwell say standard shipping is free but Alibris charge. Would like to know why. If Blackwell ships the book it appears I am paying for postage already covered. More clarification would be helpful if it means through Alibris the delivery time is quicker hence the charge. Apart from that I am pleased with the user friendly site navigation.

Reason I chose this business:

You contacted me with the voucher offer. A good move!

joanh392
March 10th, 2021
Verified site experience

A pleasure looking for old books. Always arrive beautifully packaged. Never had any problems.

Reason I chose this business:

Able to find an author whose books I first encountered in Rhodesia.

tonym743
February 17th, 2021
Verified site experience

Excellent as always, though I see shipping costs more, so it would be useful if Alibris could provide a list of sellers that offer discounts for multiple orders.

Reason I chose this business:

Because I try to avoid using Amazon for a range of reasons, then my many previous experiences with Alibris have always been good.

williamm2506
February 19th, 2021
garyg818
April 7th, 2021
Verified site experience

Found what i wanted here after a long search and at a very good price. Thank you alibris

Reason I chose this business:

Had what i was looking a long time for

mukeshp25
January 24th, 2021
Verified site experience

Generally extremely pleased with alibris - have ordered numerous books in last few years!

I had to click the Order Now button twice today - I think it was because I had not agreed to cookies - I think there should be an option to disable non-essential cookies - I hope my order is NOT duplicated!

Reason I chose this business:

My own past positive experience!

jackn377
July 20th, 2021
Verified site experience

Clean, easy to use basket. Would appreciate PayPal but not essential, I understand they can be robbing bastards with their fees. Thanks for selling used books and not being Amazon, you beautiful people.

Reason I chose this business:

Partly that you're not Amazon, but also that you have reasonably priced books.

jeane108
January 22nd, 2021
Verified site experience

Alibis always has the books I want at the prices I like, thanks

For value for money

kirstyl26
July 7th, 2021
Verified site experience

My first time using this site, it was very easy and straight forward to use.

marianaf22
March 23rd, 2021
Verified site experience

I love Alibris! I'm from a country in the European Union and Alibris allows me to find affordable English books that I wouldn't be able to find otherwise.
It may be difficult to deliver every order on time due to COVID-19, but Alibris is still client-oriented. I appreciate their effort to keep the good work during this difficult time. Thank you!

rosah102
May 12th, 2021
Verified site experience

Ok wanted to change address details as spelling mistake on Chruch which should be Church Lane but system wouldn't let me. Please change manually.
Many thanks

Didn't want to use Amazon

lovisab1
March 22nd, 2021
Verified site experience

Simple and smooth so far! Good selection of books and I could see the cost in my own currency, SEK, which was nice!

Reason I chose this business:

I wanted an international bookseller that wasn't connected to Amazon.

catherinec620
April 4th, 2021
Verified site experience

Well set out website made it very easy to find the books l was looking for, great prices and fast efficient check out

Great prices and choice

sueb664
August 23rd, 2021
Verified site experience

I love alibris... all my family and friends use it as a source for books we think we will never find!

I trust them

cynthias1317
June 8th, 2021
Verified site experience

As usual - shopping for used books at alibris is clear, simple, straight-forward - with choices and book conditions adequately described.

alicew282
February 1st, 2021
Verified site experience

Great except a technical error with the website but that might be because i was inactive for too long

dianac703
June 9th, 2021
Verified site experience

Nice and simple for an old rocker with absolutely no modern technology experience. Very quick and easy to follow

Reason I chose this business:

You have got all the right kind of music for me and the prices are great

andrewz355
August 23rd, 2021
Verified site experience

Searching for books is fine. Have you signed Peter Hitchens books? I only found one, but an older edition.

Reason I chose this business:

£3 off voucher. Looking for books I've seen reviewed recently.

davids6537
September 11th, 2021
Verified site experience

Very impressive; I haven't used alibris for some years and am pleased that your high standard has been maintained.

christopherd1020
September 22nd, 2021
Verified site experience
• Updated review

Found what I wanted in 30 seconds, 66% the price at Amazon, ordered, payed, all done in 2 mins.

I found what I wanted
May 5th, 2021
• Previous review
paulm2586
April 27th, 2021
susannam35
September 30th, 2021
Verified site experience

It's the first time I order, so far everything is satisfactory and I got a prompt reply to an inquiry email.

Reason I chose this business:

Because the books I was after were available.

Questions? Get answers from the Alibris UK staff and other customers.

amya33
Rob L.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alibris UK?

Have a question about Alibris UK?