Review of Mode-5

Mode-5 reviews

phillipb20
3/9/13

Companies have taken all the pleasure out of complaining. In the old days, you could bring your problem to a manager, blow off a little steam and come away with a resolution and an apology. It's not so easy anymore. Instead, you're likely to discover that the teenage employee you wanted to complain about is the manager. Call the company's toll-free number, and you'll probably end up hopelessly lost in an automated phone system. Send an email, and you'll receive a scripted response that has nothing to do with your issue.

Some service problems need to be handled right away. You may be traveling, for instance, and find that your credit card has suddenly been cancelled. Or maybe you've received a bill for something you didn't buy. In cases like this, you must address the issue to a real human being who has the ability and the authority to resolve the issue.

Since the beginning of my situation with mode-5. What started as just minor difficulties quickly escalated into a huge drawn-out battle. Unfortunately, many people unknowingly cause customer complaint situations to escalate. I will say that I was one of them simply because I considered myself a loyal customer. I had a good relationship with the company in the past, and I really wanted to continue doing business there.

In this case, the tone that was taken with me was that of a trusted friend who pulls you aside to offer you a breath mint. From the very start they let me know that the situation was there fault. It was solved quickly and without hassle. They didn't need to know why the problem occurred or how difficult it may be to resolve. They just wanted a solution. My problem was addressed with the most urgent of care. I was given expedited shipping free of charge and even given free store credit to make up for any issues. A mistake was made and they went out of the way by focusing on the correction of this problem, simply because as a customer my business truly meant the world to them. I am a very satisfied and still very loyal customer and will continue to do business with them now as well as within the future.

emilys25
12/3/12

Due to the lack of reviews on mode-5, besides bloggers who seemed to be content and prioritized, I made an account on sitejabber just so I could share my discontent.
I ordered from this site because the blogger/designer I followed was sent items quite quickly and they looked amazing. Since ordering two months ago, I STILL have no idea what happened to my order. I've emailed them several times, sometimes I would receive a response and sometimes I wouldn't. When I did, I was stalled with "let me ask a manager" and "maybe the quality inspection didn't go through". They seem most responsive on their Facebook page, where even then I wasn't "updated" like they claimed they would do. Also, through furious searching of a solid review from anyone but a blogger, I stumbled upon their Youtube channel where there is only one short uninformative slideshow of their site, and then later videos were used for personal use.
At this point, I don't know if I'll ever find out what happened to my money. A part of me is too fed up to care. I'll be surprised if I ever get a reply, or my package.

amyl10
9/19/11

Most item is preorder, take 3 week receive it. Price is expensive compare other Korean clothes store.

sophien
3/29/10

I would be very wary of this site. There is no physical address (although they claim to be based in Texas they ship from Asia) and the other reviews look suspect. If you MUST use this site I would recommend using a credit card that allows you to easily put a "stop-pay" on your card and get your money back in case they do not deliver as advertised.

kaylab
3/29/10

I bought a few dresses and a couple of tops from this website and was surprised to recieve them within two days of placing my order. The quality of the products is good and they looked just like what was shown in the picture.

I've ordered from other Korean fashion websites in the past and have been disappointed with not only the quality of the clothing I purchased, but also with the fact that the dresses looked nothing like what was depicted in the pictures.

shawnm3
3/19/10

Fast shipping and great customer service. Got the package in for my girlfriend right in time for her birthday. She truely loved the designs, fit, and quality of all the products. The sales staff was very helpful in guiding me to the right products. We also recieved a coupon for 10% off our next purchase including free shipping. My girlfriend will definitely be visiting the site herself again! Thanks Mode-5

sitejabberm
12/14/09

Ummm.... looks like both the posters are employees of the company. Obviously the posters never used site jabber before. They just registered a new user left 1 post and have never posted again. This is just another spammer everyone beware of this company. They might spam you.

seuyonl
10/26/09

Thank you for the suggestion!!! Just got the lace dress and I LOVE IT!!! Going for round 2 next week when the Jinalook stuff comes in!

Questions? Get answers from the Mode-5 staff and other customers.

Mode-5?