Review of MissyDress

Shenzhen, China
service@missydress.co.uk

dianeg204
4/25/19

I purchased an ankle-length mother-of-the-bride dress and it flowed generously onto the floor even with heels. The chest area was far too large and gaped open. The armholes were so incredibly small that it was impossible to move my arms. I contacted Missy to initiate a refund (half a dozen times!) and was ignored completely every time. The website assures would-be customers that they can simply call, speak with a customer service representative, and have things put right. However, no phone number is listed anywhere making this impossible. Do NOT even consider giving your money to this wretched business!

annm557
12/25/18

The dress was received one week later than what the order promised. The dress was also too big.
Mails with pictures of the dress, with rulers/measurements was sent to customer service- showing the dress was too large compared to the size-chart. Nothing helps. They just continued to state that the dress was made with correct measurements.
Don't buy from them, it's just a scam! They're actually cheap dresses made in China.

mikem643
4/8/18

We bought a dress for my daughter's Prom. I paid extra to get it on time, but it was a day late. They kept sending me emails saying they were making it to her size. When the dress finally arrived it was huge and no were near the 2" margin they said to allow. I hope I can get a refund, but looking at the reviews it doesn't look hopeful. It came from China.

lees249
3/24/18

Missydress is a terrible, terrible online store. They sent me a dress 6 times smaller from what I had ordered and refuse to exchange it to the correct size. Their customer support has the cheek to tell me to have it adjusted at my own cost. STAY CLEAR. RUN FOR THE HILLS. DO NOT BUY AT MISSYDRESS.

saoirsek
8/1/17

I can not stress enough on the fact you should not l order from missydress.ie. I placed an order for my debs dress and before I received the item I was not allowed to take it unless I paid a 50 customs charge which I was not informed about. Not only that when I actually received my dress it turned out it was a completely different dress altogether, different fabric, colour and size. I immediately contacted them and after days of forwarding emails they ended up refusing to take responsibility and will not return my dress and give me my money back. Keeping in mind my debs is a couple of weeks away. I'm currently tying to get my money back, but if you are thinking about ordering from missydress.ie, don't.

jeank30
7/26/17

Missydress is that one Internet site that you need to leave even before you look at anything. This so called company is out to get money by producing the biggest abortions that they shamelessly call dresses /clothes etc. Once you received your parcel with this piece of rubbish in it you are fighting a lost battle to get it refunded/returned. One can send them photos and detailed emails to proof all that is wrong with the garment. Only answer you get back is. "Sorry we see nothing wrong with your garment." How do you I.e. demonstrate on a photo that a zipper malfunctions due to poor installation. Delete missydress from your devices and NEVER consider them as safe. They fabricate their reviews on their own site. Photos of clothes on missydress are photoshopped. They try to make clothing by looking at photos from other Internet sites. Unprofessional, underhanded, deceitful in every way. Stay away from them.

anwara11
7/25/17

I purchased 2 dresses from missesdressy.com. The Elizabeth k GL2229 The first dress came with the tags the shawl and the tag on the inside of the dress confirming the designer and the size. The 2nd dress didn't come with the tag hanging down the dress. It didn't come with the shawl, and the tag in the inside of the dress wasn't there, and wiring and strings were coming out in the inside of the dress showing indications someone wore it and sent it back! When I contacted missesdressy.com they asked for pics to prove what I'm saying was true. I sent them 3 different emails with pics and videos to show them this dress was used and compared the first dress which was new to the used dress they had sent me. They replied back attacking me with rude comments saying that I was lying!!! And they refuse to give me at least a discount back
To my credit card for which I asked for to begin with! I have never in my life experienced horrible customer service!! I was sooooooo shocked to hear this companies respond even after showing them proof of videos and photos that there was indication this dress was used. Do not order or buy from this company! You will be tricked into paying for something used. These were supposed to be bridesmaid and they were the only website hat carried the last 2 sizes unneeded or else these would've been sent back!

melissag96
6/27/17

I'm trying to get on touch with missydress I need to return a dress I purchased for my daughter formal. The dress arrived with no invoice no contact details with the company whatsoever. I paid including postage £137 for a dress which looks nothing like the dress in the picture and the quality of the dress is crap I I've tried sending emails but my emails keep coming back saying failure to send. Erghhh

leeanna7
6/20/17

Do not order from Missydress....
They boast excellent customer service and that customer satisfaction is their top priority, all lies. I ordered a wedding dress on May 14, 2017 and paid the extra money to have the order rushed. Even after being provided with the DHL tracking number, I watched the dress remain in "dispatch" mode for over a week. I contacted DHL who then assured me that the package was still with Missydress and had not even been shipped out yet. After a lengthy conversation with Anna from Missydress through chat, the only way you can get ahold of them, she told me it had been shipped and DHL was incorrect. Can you imagine that after that conversation, the dress was actually shipped to DHL and my dress began its journey. The website also states that the dresses are shipped in boxes. My wedding dress arrived folded a million different ways in this small bag. Can you imagine the horror at simply seeing the bag. It gets worse...
I opened the dress to find it completely wrinkled which is to be expected when packaged that way, the dress was not made in the right material, it was supposed to be chiffon, it definitely was not and the dress design was all messed up. A dress that was supposed to be long and flowing was all pinned into ruffles where there shouldn't have been any. The slit in the dress was poorly made and even the seamstress that I had to have fix it, wondered what the heck was done to it. "I guess that's what happens when you get 10 year olds to make your dress" she said. And she's probably correct. After contacting missydress of my total disappointment and numerous "chats" with everyone who works there, Anna, Sharon, Andrew and others...countless emails with these same people, I received this email: "Thanks for your pictures, but from the pictures I can not tell out big problems, so we suggest you keep the dress and forget about the subtle error of the dress, since all dresses are hand-made, it is inevitable that some tiny difference will be made during the process of tailoring, hope your understanding
Sincerely, Andrew "
Are you serious? Just forget about the errors. They then offered me a 5% refund which was actually the same thing they discounted off the dress as a special that I qualified for when I purchased it. So the money doesn't come out of their pocket in the least. Here is the next email I received: "Sorry, since it is international transaction, we invested time, labor, fabric into your dress and paid for high international delivery fee, so, we can not fully refund you, besides, if you send it back, we have to pay for the inevitable custom fee, all in all, we hope you can keep the dress and accept our compensation fee 5% dress price. Regards, Sharon"
I gave up. Do yourself a favour and do not order from this company. The money I saved in initial purchase price ended up costing me way more to have the dress tailored and steamed so that it could actually be worn on my wedding day! Absolutely disgusted.

Sincerely,
Leeann

unknownn5
6/1/17

My mom ordered a dress from this site for my grad 8 leaving dance. Not only did it take 3 weeks to get to my house the costumer service was terrible. They didn't email a tracking or confirmation code at all and when we emailed them they answered with "should be shipped soon" and that was a week after it was ordered. When she re emailed them they didn't answer. After already paying $190 my mom had to pay an extra 30$ for duties. I got the dress 5 days after the given date and it looks like it was made by a kindergartener in art class. There is pulls. The beads and "jewels" are falling off and I only touched the dress. The material is also ugly. If inwent to my dance weraing people would think it costed no more than $50 but after taxes and shipping and duties in costed over $200. I wish we would have read the reviews before reading. Its a waste of money and hopefully my mom can get hers back. The only thing i like about the dress is the color.

cherylh67
12/23/16

I ordered 4 dresses for my bridesmaids, 2 came in 1 shade of pink that was perfect the other 2 came in a horrible shade of peach that is not even close to matching and the are telling me that they are ok and sometimes the lighting on the computer screen can change from the actual colour....... seriously it's the same dress in the same colour... I have given an option to supply me 2 dresses in the pink I asked for or if they can't supply pink do ivory ( I can work with that) or refund my money.... my reply was " it is the computer screen showing you the wrong colour" absolutely rubbish customer service

karenw163
9/22/16

Dress is wrong, has an extra layer of netting it shouldn't have, badly cut and not hemmed, chest size too small, my daughter can hardly breathe in it. The actual dress is lovely apart from the stupid netting. Customer service is a joke, rude, blaming me (for adding netting? go figure) refuses to take any responsibility, clearly not in Canada, cost way more than it should have with import etc as it came from Singapore. DO NOT USE THEM

johnp428
8/17/16

Ripping off old age pensioners who do not receive goods nor can they get a refund. Shocking conduct from this "so called" business I hope your closed down with immediate effect I hope the company director goes bankrupt and made to get a real job.

Am angered and disgusted at what I have witnessed - John p Coote

I wouldn't even give it the rated 1 but without doing so it will not allow me to submit this review

dinalia
7/28/16

I got an email saying that I get my refund within 3-15days but today the 16th day and still money is not transferred yet.
Thoroughly disappointed.

sophiep17
7/19/16

I am absolutely appalled with the business. They claim to be a UK company (which they are not) They claim to make good quality dresses which are tailor made . The dress I recieved was of VERY poor quality. Sequins falling off, snagging on the matierial, thread hanging off the dress. I paid £100 to get the dress and despite in thier website they state they will refund for faulty products, they have offered me a 5% compensation. Trading standards are now investigating this issue. Do NOT buy a dress from these people! I know have to take one guest off my wedding list as I am £100 down. I'm so so upset.

deborahm79
3/19/16

I have just received my wedding dress and it is perfect, after i had placed my order i read the reviews for Missy.co,uk and did not like what i read so went straight to bank to try and stop my payment but couldnt so was very worried about what i would receive but thank god i couldnt stop it because my dress is absolutely beautiful fits like a glove and is very well made. I paid £150 for my dress including postage and package. Would definately recomnend this and it came earlier than date i was given, 10/10 all round.

margarets74
3/5/16

This company is a joke. You order a dress which when it arrives does not fit and is poorly made. You ask for an address to return it and for a refund to which you get emails asking for your measurements, and photographs. The bottom line is they have your money and you have no chance of getting it back. They steal your money and you are left with a dress you cannot wear. Avoid them at all costs. They are frauds.

vidyaa1
2/29/16

LADIES if you already PURCHASED call your bank and dispute the payment. You ll get the money back.Never BUY FROM MISSYDRESS. I PAID $192 looks like $20 dress. Stitching coming off.

malinv
1/25/16

STAY AWAY!!!!! I've never been the person to write a bad review.. -Ever! On the other hand I've never received such ignorant customer service nor have I received such a terrible looking dress. I ordered my wedding dress here after someone mentioned the website to me. I specifically emailed with the staff making sure it would be tailored properly.. And they ensured me that it would come out exactly like I'd asked.

LOL what a joke.. The dress was even tailored in a different style than the one that I ordered (in trumpet and not A-line, which I ordered..) My lace was supposed to be Ivory, it came out looking bright white.. And extremely cheap. Looks like a table cloth.. The lace in the neck is uneven and the dress doesn't fit at all. After emailing the company I received the answer that "I should forget the subtle mistakes they had made and just keep the dress", when replying that I had right to a full refund (after looking at their policy on the website), they responded "the shipping is very expensive, it might not even get here.. So you're better off keeping it, since we can't guarantee it will make it back" (which would mean no refund!)

I've been emailing back and forth for 2 months!!! They still refuse to give me a refund and keep pushing me to keep it even though they are the ones that have made a mistake. I'm pretty sure I will never get my money back, but it sucks to have been treated this way and the fact that I've wasted so much money trusting them.. Had to go buy a dress in panic a few weeks before my wedding.. Which ending up costing me 3 times as much.

Please do yourself a favor and boycott this business!! They don't deserve your time or money! I wish I would report them to some authority and shut them down for good so no one would have to go through what I'm still dealing with.

irinan1
1/24/16

Do not buy from them . I got rubbed! 185 $ spend and the dress is going to the trash. It is very bad imitation . The same one on EBay is 20$ . Be aware !

ateeqa1
11/28/15

I spent more than a month waiting for my item which stuck in DHL for custm. tax.
They never get me a help to this strange tax and many e.ms sent to customer service but no help.
Impolite customer service guys, never try to help with very rude replies.
My item sent back to China.
I lost my money and they refused to refund me.

stephaniet31
8/10/15

They sent the wrong dress; looked nothing like the dress i ordered which was over £200. When I asked for a refund they refused and said I "should forget the subtle errors they made". Also, breaches advertising standards agency laws by pretending to be a British company when it is a Far East company. Would put lower than a 1 if I could

adit52
8/7/15

stay away from this company - items are shipped direct from the Far East at additional cost - they also sent a completely different dress to what I ordered. Total disaster

renatan
7/2/15

please STAY AWAY from this website...I just received my "wedding dress " looks like blanket ...And they refusing take it back ...it is broken and dirty and everything .I sent them picture but they don't want to sent me return adress.Be careful you will never get your money back !

nadeekaj
6/28/15

Bad online store ever.
Charging high prices but missydresses.com.uk is sending unfinished, poor quality dresse. Measurement are wrong.
stitches were broken and I was rejected the dress. Then they were asked me to go to a local tailor to get fixed it. How funny.
Then I was asked my money back but They are not giving my money back. They were trying to make so many stories.
Everybody who are willing to buy dresses from Missy Dress, be careful.
bad bad online store ever!

Avoid then like the plague!! The positive reviews are written by them. They take your money and leave you high and dry with shoddy very cheap looking dresses that are about to fall apart. I foolishly ordered 4 bridesmaid dresses, one was 4" too short, all were appallingly sewn together with flaws in the material. They use designer photo copied from other sites and make shucking imitations. My advice would be to have then made locally. They wouldn't refund me I reported then to the Hong Kong authorities the fraud line in the uk and Hong Kong banks, our trading standards and the international trading standards, but all in vain. Please don't put yourself under any incessant stress xx

By Paula n.

NO! Absolutely not! They will not even reply to your request for a refund. Stay away from this disreputable business!

By Diane G.

Well my personal advise it DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE !! Most of the positive comments are obviously written by a foreigner- probably someone working for this China based company. The clothes are nothing like the picture and extremely poorly made. The shipping cost is very high and when you want to return them you will receive terrible customer service and will end up , if you are lucky, with a refund that is less than what you paid in shipping. All in all a very bad experience. Avoid please !!!

By Helen R.

Just keep away!!! Look at the reviews: loads of 5* which have obviously been written by fake paid-for reviewers, and loads of 1 which are obviously genuine. I repeat::Keep Away!

By Roger S.

DylanQueen and MissyDress are the same company. KEEP AWAY!!! But if you still want to fall for their scam do be sure to use a CREDIT card (not a debit card). You will eventually want your money back and if you use a credit card you can get it back from tyhe credit card company - otherwise you've lost big time!

By Roger S.

Keep away at all costs. The dress I bought was really bad and they admitted it but offered only 5 percent refund. Then I got a huge bill for cistoms duty and a handling charge from the freight company as well! I got my money back via my Visa credit card, but I would advise everyone to keep away from this company. Incidentally, you can also see that all the positive reviews full of gushing praise are obviously fake - terrible English!

By Roger S.

I have ordered several items from RoseGal and have received them all. Hopefully they gave you a tracking number to watch. Then you can follow it while it gets to your destination. Good luck.

By Karen B.

please be aware not as described and remember you will have to a inexpected inport tax keep well clear it could be a expensive mistake

By pat m.

Questions? Get answers from the MissyDress staff and other customers.

6 Photos for MissyDress