Review of MicCostumes

Star 3
Star 4
Star 5
An hour ago
This company is completely awful
This company is awful. Used the size guides provided and chose what, in theory, was the perfect size. It wasn't. It was way too small. In two different areas. One was a halterneck strap that was probably like 5/6 inches too small, the other is the bust/design at the front that should cover the bust. Even on someone who is THREE sizes smaller than me most of the time the halterneck is way too small. And the company expects me to either pay a fortune to send it back, or pay out of my own pocket to have a dressmaker put in a new halterneck strap. They've totally ignored the fact that the bust and design of the front of the dress is too small. They just expect me to not wear a bra or "a chest sticker" or have any support or cover at all. It's a thin dress and it'll be a costume party WITH KIDS AND ELDERLY RELATIVES ETC. They're also SO RUDE and don't listen at all. Avoid them!

christinep226
4/16/19

Is it I or the quality of these cosplay clothes are not so good? It looks so nice at the picture, but I didn't like the texture at all when I got my delivery.

km364
10/25/18

They sent me a confirmation email saying that they received my order. I paid for expedited shipping through PayPal. They claimed to never receive my order, even though I have a confirmation email. When I tried to resolve it with them, they were unresponsive. I never got the costume, a reply, an apology ... nothing.

lillim1
10/17/18

I ordered costume on MicCostumes, and it said that the XL would fit me. Once I received the costume none of it fit. I couldn't get anything to zip. I compared the measurements online with what I got and there was at least a 3 inch difference in the waist, bust and hip of the top. The skirt was small too.

Their request for return page is broken. The 'Search' button to find your order doesn't do anything and the 'Reason to Return' drop down box doesn't let you select anything

Do NOT waste your money here

savannahg4
4/18/18

MicCostumes is one of the best sites I have bought cosplay from. What you see is what you get. You never have to worry about if your getting what the picture looks like because it will always be whats shown.

They are not american, if anything they are as Chinese as you can get, but they give the products you see on their site and provide accurate information on their products.

victorc108
4/4/18

TL;DR : this company does not update their stock often, nor do they reply to their emails in a timely manner, and they messed up my order 2 TIMES. I would definitely recommend you to go to another cosplay website just in case they screw you over like they did to me

I ordered a costume for my convention a month before the actual convention in order to receive my costume before I needed it, and everything was fine until 2 weeks later when I got an email telling me that the costume I ordered was actually out of stock and I needed to order a different costume. This was unprofessional because I ordered my costume in advance because I knew shipping would take quite some time and yet they decided to email me 14 days after I ordered my costume that it was "out of stock". When I emailed them about it they told me that they couldn't email me sooner because of the holiday their company was on, and I get that but the thing is on their website it said the costume was in stock, and it LET me order the costume, they do NOT update their website/stock. Because I was running out of time instead of just asking for a refund I ordered a different costume. I wanted to give this company another chance since my friends bought from this site too (big mistake). The customer service told me that this new costume would DEFINITELY make it to me at least a day before my convention. When convention weekend rolls around I wait for my package and of course, it never comes, they literally told me that it would come in time for my convention, and now it is a week after the convention and still no costume, and so I had to attend the convention with no cosplay. I emailed them AGAIN to ask where my costume was and at first, the company told me that they already emailed me about my costume being out of stock... I had to send them a screenshot of me talking to a different employee, ordering my new costume in order for them to understand that they had me order a new costume. And to no surprise, they didn't even send out the new cosplay that I REORDERED and was ASSURED it would make it on time. I then told them that my convention was over and I no longer wanted/needed the costume after this unorganized situation, and it was too late? They had already shipped out my costume "a day before I sent my email" and so now I have to wait for this costume to come to my house, and then I have to send it back to them, THEN I can get a refund... This company is a joke and they need to learn how to run a business

viennas2
11/18/17

I ordered three cosplays from them: Persona 5, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Nier: Automata for Halloween. Honestly, I've never received customer service like this! The mask to my Ann cosplay came cracked and the zipper to my 2B costume came off. They immediately expressed shipped another mask and reimbursed me for the trip to the tailor to get my zipper attached. I had ample time before Halloween to get ready! Very friendly and really felt like they cared.

aprilm75
10/17/17

Ordered two cosplays on August 24th. Received one mid september, it didn't fit, at all, when I'd used the sizing chart they had available. Come to find out they'd changed the sizing chart AFTER I'd ordered and neglected to tell me. I asked about the other cosplay and why it hadn't arrived, and was told it was because they were no longer doing a medium size for that cosplay and again neglected to tell me. I told them the new size I wanted and waited for them to send it to me.

I sent the other cosplay back, and after 2 weeks of trying to get a refund I still haven't received one. I tried asking where my refund was 2 weeks ago and was just given a 3-5 business day speil. I've tried contacting again to no avail.

As for the second cosplay? It still hasn't arrived. I just got a notification from FedEx today that it will take 5 days longer to send when I need it before November 2nd and have no idea if it will fit or not.

Oh, and with the first cosplay? There were strings all over it, and the cosplay dimensions didn't even line up with the ones online. NEVER shop miccostumes.

katherinel39
7/26/17

I'm really happy with their cosplay! It fits well and looks just like it's supposed to. The quality is really nice and I'm impressed at how fast it came, since I was a little worried it would take a while. I would definitely buy something else from this site, in the future. This is my first time doing a cosplay, so I'm really happy with the quality and how it looks.

carlotab
7/1/17

I love it!!! I finally got it today and its perfect, good quality and really really perfect, only thing its that it took a while to get here, the shipping service was really slow but it was worth it

sarahs349
6/27/17

Not gonna lie, at first I was a bit afraid of the result looking at the price and was hoping the reviewers were not bots. Needless to say I am pleasantly surprised, I got my costume delivered in France after 13 days of transit (I thought it would take like a month) and I can attest of the quality, it's really great work! The size fits well, it looks as good as on the pictures and it's comfortable. What else?

lilih4
6/22/17

Alright, Miccostumes.

I gave you two chances. TWO. And you messed up both of them. Considering all the places I've ordered cosplays from in the past and had a great experience, this is certainly a feat.

Incident number one:
I ordered a cosplay at least 3 months in advance. 3 months for a costume that was pretty much a bra and panties. It did not arrive in time for my event, but at least they shipped it after a whole entire month of me complaining to the support site. When it arrived (after I had to cancel the plans I'd made since it was late for the event I actually wanted it for) the quality was pretty good and the fit was perfect. So at least there was that. Doesn't excuse the lateness and disregarding the date I needed it, though.

Incident number two:

This one's the whammy.
I saw a costume in their shop that was new and it looked really good! Since their quality wasn't bad and I had at least FOUR MONTHS until the next event I wanted to wear this outfit for, I figured they wouldn't screw up again, right?

Nope.

I ordered the costume and they took my payment immediately. A month and a half goes by without any word on my costume, but I expected this. When the expected shipping date came and went, I contacted staff, who told me very nonchalantly that the item I ordered was MISTAKENLY placed in the store and was not supposed to be available yet (but they let me buy it...?) and that since it was a new mid-summer pre-order item, I would not get my costume until MID-JULY.

JULY!

I ordered this costume in MARCH. And only a month and a half later of no word (after I PAID!), did they tell me that THEY made a mistake with the item's availability. They hadn't even started making it yet despite my receipt saying "processing." They lied.

So pretty much if I hadn't hassled them, I would have never known about their little mixup and I'd still be waiting for my costume to this day. I cancelled my order and got refunded pretty much immediately so thank goodness for that. I used the money I had refunded to hire a much more competent commissioner and I received the costume in less than two weeks. It took less than two weeks for another commissioner to complete the cosplay that Miccostumes hadn't even started on for over a month and a half.

So, Miccostumes, your quality is pretty good, but after this little screw-up of yours, I will not be purchasing from you ever again. I should have learned after the first time, I suppose, but hey, I thought they deserved a second chance.

Lesson learned.

cassc8
6/21/17

- good service and great quality
- just have to work on proper fitting proportions for measurements!

juans67
6/20/17

Just received this yesterday, it fits well and looks really great! Very high quality, and well made. Excellent stitching and durable material. The boots (sold separately) are actual functional and durable boots, not cheap imitations. Overall cosplay is very comfortable to wear. High quality wig. Looks exactly like the photo. Thanks so much for this great costume. Highly recommended company. Looks just like the movie. I've got to say, I am highly satisfied with it. Everything was well put together and highly detailed. I will buy from your store again.

cynthiaw72
6/16/17

Great location. Great store!!!
The customer service is definitely an A+. Everyone was really nice and helpful.
The store was very clean and well organized too. Love it.

I just love the costume here.Their selection is pretty big too. Everything was received as ordered and in a timely manner.I hope this store never goes away. Their costume and prices are AMAZING, and great quality. I've always had trouble finding costume that fit well due to my waist/hip ratio and THIS IS THE STORE.

I'll definitely be back for more!!! Thank you!!!

aliaa5
6/16/17

Its nice experience to Purchase a doll costume. I ordered it from MicCostume for my college event and Performed in that dress and that Rapunzel look was just WOW... beautifully stitched and perfect size and shape giving me a gorgeous look. Also I am happy with the quality of product, fast shipping and good customer service within low price with no compromise at quality. I would like to recommend to all of those looking for a pretty Costume. Thanks to MicCostume :)

dorianeh
6/13/17

I ordered a cosplay in early March for a convention at the end of May. It was expected to be shipped by early April and arrive mid May. I figured 2+ months was plenty of time for my cosplay to arrive on time for the con, since I never had a problem with my cosplays from other companies taking longer than maybe a month and a half AT THE MOST. April came by and I figured maybe the website is just backed up, but when it got to mid May and it had already passed the expected delivery date without having shipped I got worried. I emailed them and they said they could not guarantee it would arrive before the date of the con but that there was a "great chance" it would. The cosplay shipped the day before the con and didn't arrive until the second day of the con. Don't buy your cosplay from this website, there are plenty of others that will get your cosplay to you on time, in advance. Very disappointed with this company.

kyliem17
5/28/17

I have never had such a terrible experience purchasing a costume. We ordered back in February for a convention that happened this weekend and the costume was never even shipped. We kept getting told that there's a delay and that it would ship in a few days. I spent 3 weeks going back and forth over email and phone and ultimately ended up having to cancel and get a refund (which we still haven't received) and had no costume for the convention. I would discourage anyone from ever purchasing from here, they don't care about customer service or integrity. They lie constantly and just tell you what you want to hear so they can keep your money. I will NEVER be purchasing anything from them ever again.

marissao1
3/21/17

I ordered a cosplay back in Dec 2015. Said it would be shipped between the end of Feb and early March. It was a plus size, so I expected that. Early March rolls around and I email them asking if my costume was ready. They say it won't be ready until June or July, which is unacceptable! I never received email from them during the time, even though they said they sent me one(lies), and was extremely upset. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund, however they keep delaying in giving it to me. I'm still currently battling them for my 240 dollars back. I was really excited to have this outfit for a con, but now I won't be able to.

danielac17
12/14/16

I got the Blossom Bubbles costume from the Powerpuff Girls. This dress fits really nicely, and it's my fav color... pink! It fits a bit tight on the arms but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised by it's comfortable fit & sexyness. It's long enough but don't try to bend too much ;) ;)

carlya3
11/15/16

Got the Sailor Moon costume as my sister got one too last month. The quality of the costume is on the high end, with very shiny fabric that can be easily ironed. The fit was very good to my body type (I am quite tall) and very cute, especially for those who are just joining the cosplay world. It stretches enough that big chested girls don't need to worry about the top. Will definately buy my next cosplay costume from here.

jiungs
11/7/16

The costumes were very comfortable to wear during the event and I had many compliments as well. The shipping time was a bit slow, but other than that, I definitly recommend you purchase costumes from here!

lindas309
8/28/16

I thought of purchasing a cosplay costume to my younger sister on her birthday. When I was browsing through the available collection of cosplay costumes in Miccostumes, I was able to figure out something that my sister loves. I decided to spend my money on it without any doubt on mind. It was made in excellent quality and a durable material. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase and I recommend Miccostumes.

bilalk8
8/16/16

i was looking for a costume of pokemon character for my play but was unble to find it any where then i opened this site and found a number of different costumes of pokemon. i ordered it and when i received it i checked the stuff and quality it was awesome, and also the price of costume was also reasonable and affordable. i must recommend you to visit this site to buy costumes.. you will find high quality and affordable price

karlya2
8/4/16

Fast shipping but the products as shown in the picture are innacurate.

By K L.

Questions? Get answers from the MicCostumes staff and other customers.

MicCostumes?