Meineke Car Care Center reviews

Charlotte, NC 28202, US
Tel: +1-800-522-4700

russells141
6/7/19

My car would not start so I had it towed in. They had it for 3 days and never called me. I finally went in to pick it up and they said that it was starting, running and ready to go. It died on the way home and won't start. I paid $390 to have a car that won't start after they worked on it for 3 days.

meighanm
9/23/18

I travel the USA for work and the few times I needed help they got to my car ASAP, fixed it in a timely manner and were totally honest about the repairs that needed to be done on my car. No guess work or extra charges, Straight foreword and the price has been with in reasonable rates thank you for your help. Meighan.

michaelb1346
6/29/18

Meineke Car Care Center needs to be shut down. I took my car in for an oil change and left with over $900 worth of parts and labor. My car wasn't driving bad at all before I got there. They talked me into replacing an axle on my front end and buy a set of 4 tires which actually had plenty of tread. They told me my axle was bad and my tires had cracking between the ample amount of treads. the day after having all this work done my car acted like it drove worse than it ever has since I owned it. 2 days later I KNEW something wasn't right but now it was Sunday. I called the shop first thing Monday morning and got my car to the shop. I wondered if it would make it safely and called the shop to see if it should be towed in. Salesman said don't worry about it and bring it in. We found the lug nuts weren't tightened when they put the new set of tires on. I hadn't even gave authorization to put the tires on, but had discussed perhaps getting new tires for the car. After the salesman promised I could get a $100 rebate after mailing in a form and receipt of the parts and labor I bought, over $900 I never received my rebate. I have called the rebate company, Synchrony Car Care to no avail. Their phone system doesn't allow you to talk to people. Leave messages to no avail. Stay away from Meineke and their promise of any rebates for spending money with them. Bait and switch at it's greatest. My car nearly suffered catastrophic damage and possible damage or death.

harryh43
5/26/18

Meineke lets me get my own parts (read: much cheaper without the big markup) and they'll install it for me. Yet, I think that their labor rates now are just unreasonably high. I used them for about 10 yrs up until a yr ago. I found another mechanic who does equal quality work and charges much less than I had to pay meineke.

raej4
2/9/18

I took my car for an oil change and afterwards began to smell oil burn and the following day i went to pull out of my driveway when I saw oil splashed everywhere!! Took it back up, they apologized and I was stupid enough to take it back! Had another oil change and was suppose to get the premium, they didnt even honor my free oil change that was given from their prior mess up and they didnt even rotate my tires or give me a new air filter which I payed additional for ...$ 108.00 down the drain!! NEVER GO TO MEINEKE !!

rosez2
2/5/14

After going in for a brake system, I get a call couple of days later that not only did I need a brake system but I needed a new engine! My car was test driven by the manager and never did he report anything regarding my truck overheating. Never did I see any signs of needing a new engine. They are bunch of crooks! I contacted corporate with my complaint and they are useless. They claim they run a business on Christian values, yes that is true they value taking money from customers.

robertf40
12/20/13

Took my car to a local center for repair. Charged for OEM parts, instead after market parts where used. Disk rotors wore out in 6 months caused severe damage to other brake parts.

Questions? Get answers from the Meineke Car Care Center staff and other customers.

Meineke Car Care Center?