Review of MatchAffinity

London, LONDON WC1A, GB
indom@meetic-corp.com

mikeb845
12/30/18

If you use these sites and get the £9.99p type offers pay using Paypal you can then go into your Paypal account and cancel the automatic renewal straight away then after 24hrs you should also cancel the auto renewal via the sites subscription page , nothing to lose as will be able to use the site until membership expires and they will send you another offer . These companies rely on members forgetting to cancel their auto renewals

My experience is that a lot of people have not logged into the site for over a month which indicates they are not active and they seem to have very few members. I searched for ladies within a 50mile radius non smokers btwn 43-54 white and I think out of the 10 pages of results only seven had logged in <<< less than a month . I certainly wouldn't take out a 6/12 mth subscription , I just have a £10 punt every few months and I make sure I cancel the auto renewal on Paypal straight away.

louiser73
8/21/18

I joined actually thinking I was joining Our Time - the payment pages are identical - the two sites seem to be connected in some way....I thought affinity was operating Our Time - but when I went to check my Our Time account I saw I had to pay another subscription...

On signing up it said I had 24 hours to cancel - but there was a notice on my account saying that I couldn't cancel the repeat payment until all 3 payments had been made.

Having read the reviews about difficulties in cancelling I immediately contacted my credit card - unfortunatley they had to honour the first payment but will block all future payments - you are legally within your rights to do this - check with citizen advice web page....

philipr66
6/25/18

I put in a 25 mile radius search. I get people from wales, London etc. They are rubbish. Also when I log on I cant get through and get a log on page for ourtime. I paid 119 for a six month membership. Its crap

clared26
2/27/18

I Joined after being on and off Match.com .
Match affinity professes to 'match' you, to a person that lives 100 miles away from you...
DO NOT JOIN....
Save your money, join POF or another agency...
this one is rubbish....
They do not have enough members and should shut down.

seoirsec
2/26/18

Like others, I went for the seemingly low introductory offer. In spite of my not renewing, they continued to charge my card. Worse, I could not access their site. Multiple attempts to contact them proved futile. I'm going to have to cancel my credit card to stop them from charging me!

michaela420
1/18/18

I signed up and have yet to pay for membership - so just hovering - deciding if to join. I had a full profile, half a dozen images. Within hours - "someone added me to favourites" day after day, a new one - What I noticed was that 90% of these so called users, were that they all had a GMAIL accounts hidden in their name. For Example "claremariegmcom" etc - so, was this to bypass chat? - maybe - but if I paid, did that mean they could not reply to me unless I went direct to the GMAIL - so then why pay. But the idea to pay to see these many many users who added me was tempting. However, I resisted - I wrote to Match Affinity and expressed my concerns " It was glossed over with a generic reply - "anyone can use any name" "don't worry it is not important" - really! However, I went on a mission and Googled every single name with the GMAIL - GMAIL ADDRESS and 100% of 40 or names I tried - all flagged up on a very populated list of known scammer emails. Some with images. So, 100% of all those I checked (90% of interest I was receiving) were fake. Despite telliing Match Affinity, they ignored. All I can see is they WANT this as it will lure you in to pay for membership - if that was not bad enough - what is worse is - If these names are on a scam list and Match Affinity have been told then they must be fully aware these are scams - then you as a member ...a paying member are exposed to this criminal and immoral behaviour and Match Affinity are allowing it, by clear neglect, that you are the next potential victim of this scam and you'll pay for the pleasure also. Scammers win / Match affinity wins - you lose. Match affinity are in effect aiding and abeting it. which makes them as equally criminal and immoral as the scammers themselves.

Match Affinity are connected with Match.com (I trusted them for this reason - Now I can't trust Match either)

ushag
1/12/18

Match Affinity: Total Scam - don't waste your time and money!!
I was on another website Ourtime and got directed through to them and assumed they were affiliated to each other. I kept getting daily emails from match affinity with vague matches so thought I would give it a try.
There were barely enough profiles considering the cost was around £44 for a month's subscription. A lot of money for providing computer generated reports.
I am in London but most of the matches were from miles away, too far to make a relationship possible, unless you moved. You couldn't see all the pictures after joining so it was a lot of time wasting. You could not adjust your search to your own criteria and the website was so basic and dated.
After answering some questions, you received computer generated reports giving you affinity scores and compatibility for the profiles on there, but a total waste of time if they are miles away and they dont match other criteria.

There was NO TELEPHONE NO to contact the support team if you wanted to cancel your subscription which made me realise its a way of making money from people
who haven't the time working out how to cancel.

Save your precious time and hard earned cash for another dating website.

sandrab210
12/22/17

I joined Match.com and thought affinity was just their matching ploy to get you to join. Has anyone been able to get their money back?

liza226
8/26/17

DONT JOIN!! NO-ONE WITHIN MILES AND RIPPED OFF FOR NEXT MONTHS FEE! I only joined as I was offered a month for £9.99 thinking "surely, it must be worth it for that". Wrong! It's rubbish. I think I 'm reasonably normal but wasn't matched up with anyone local - in fact there didn't seem to be anyone using the site locally ( 25-50 miles) at all! I'm on a tight budget so cancelled it straight away as I couldn't afford to renew. I filled in the details then the next page to appear said my membership was til a certain date with a box next to it with the option to extend. Obviously I didn't want to extend so left the page presuming I'd cancelled. It had never and I've just had £44.95 taken out for the next months membership which they have refused to refund despite their misleading cancellation page.

pauls458
8/21/17

What a load of rubbish, please find another site, this was the wosrt I have every paid for.

AVOID at all costs.

hazels29
7/5/17

I paid a 'special' price for one month. Was never able to view messages, winks or anything else. Complete Con and now they have taken £44.95 for a months subscription, I was a day late cancelling. So even with the full price I still can't get full access to the site. DON'T GO THERE, I can't even find an address for them to complain. I had an email from Gardeners World offering another dating site called 'ourmatch' which has the exact photos and info as matchaffinity.

jf54
5/25/17

You should have noticed that not a single soul on here rated this higher than 1 star. I would not even give a star, as the whole service is a scam and I am not sure why they are allowed to continue to operate. Stay away from it. Don't be tricked by their one-month low subscription rates, or any of their "someone viewed your profile. pay to see their photo" tricks. There is also no customer service, so if you've got a problem, you just need to suck it up. Not worth all the money and headache.

victora44
1/4/17

Apart from the fact, that this is a pretty useless site as dating goes. You will be conned out of far more money than you are lead to believe is the cost. £9.99 1st month, no big deal worth trying out, you might think. But you will be debited £44.95 every month there after. Cancelling your subscription is hard, you will get to a page asking you to log in again for security purposes! Suddenly your login or password details are incorrect!!! Ask them to send you your details again........ Nothing thing... Avoid

robt150
11/7/16

Having tempted you with an introductory offer of £9.99 for a month, they will automatically take the following month subscription from your account at full price of £44 regardless of whether you have cancelled the subscription or not.

When contacting them to ask why they have taken money from your account they inform you ( after 4 days) of the process for stopping the renewal of the subscription, which you have already explained to them is what you had done in both the original e-mail and the reply to their response asking them again to refund the subscription as it is at the beginning of the month and is not required. . At this stage you are simply put on an automated "please do not reply" e-mail.

I understand they have a very low number of new members and can only think this is why they are conning their new members with fake introductory offers that cost you twice.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to have money removed from your bank account even after you have cancelled the renewal... you will not be refunded.

allant16
9/21/16

I signed up after using Match which if I'm being honest I found acceptable and to be fair again I would probably recommend. I carried out the initial survey section then left it for a bit before completing and finally paying my subscription. I cancelled after approximately three days as it is total nonsense. It's tricky to use on your mobile phone which for me is important and it genuinely feels like there isn't anyone online or active members.

After cancelling my membership I did try and email a complaint but it kept rejecting it on the automated response section which again just summed up the total experience.

For me it's not the money, I guess we can all afford the £70 however the thing for me was that I felt decieved and cheated which isn't something I want to get use to.

danw81
5/21/16

SCAM, avoid they basically stole money from me, AVOID AVOID AVOID!

simone140
5/20/16

I logged on to join match.com, but match affinity kept e mailing me, I assumed that it was part of match.com, what I did not know was that match affinity was one of those parasites site that use a similar name of a sacessful brand hoping that people would make the mistake of joining them, I made that mistake.

You get alerts whenever your viewed, the site is so fake or lazy that after 3 views they will let you know that your so popular they will no longer alert you to any one that has viewed you.
It's just so happens that after the popular alert you never get another view.
I got a view every day between 6 and 7 am who is up at that time, l had views from women that had not logged on for a month when I had only been on the site for weeks.
I got messages saying women were happy for me to see their photo, you would think there would be a little interest, no not one woman I wrote to replied.

I could contact a beautiful woman that lives in Scotland, Leeds, Birmingham and I would get a reply but someone that lives in London no chance.
The site makes no sense they will send you a match every day of someone that is a perfect match for you without a photo and they may be a lot older or younger then you.

Anyone looking at paying to join a dating website do not join match affinity it is a waste of money and time.

neilj21
8/18/14

This is a big scamming site.

One of the techniques they use to market is comparing with other Psycho metric matching sites with the big match.com database at the backend.

One of the scummiest things they do to lure you into signing up is that they send you a fake email from "someone" for which you have to signup to read. This "someone" will say they are already seeing someone and cannot read your future emails.

Another slimy thing they do is they will send you matches that have not logged in 30+ days plus. Anyone not logging in for more than 2 weeks has already found a match or is not seriously looking for a match.

Other features that don't exist are,

Lack of ability to close an uninterested match from the list.
Lack of photo blocking after you have given enough time for the match to decide.

STAY AWAY FROM MATCH AFFINITY SITE!!!

kimc55
7/16/14

I have been on match affinity for 3 weeks I cancelled on line only to find they have taken £70.00 from my bank. Don't join this sight it is a scam.will be telling them the ombudsm8an will be involved.

leenay
2/20/14

Just had the worst experience with MATCH AFFINITY do not bother using this scam artist site. I remember when I first joined that I specifically unsubscribed from the renewal as I knew then I would not be wanting to continue on with my rolling subscription. What a surprise when I looked into my bank account to see Match Affinity has take over £70 out of my account! Considering I deleted my subscription and the fact that I have not ever looked at it since I wanted a refund!! after much searching for a actual number where I could speak to someone about it, and another surprise I had to pay for the phone call (no free helpline there) they refused to give me a refund stating that I cant have deleted my subscription correctly. Really angry about this website dont ever use it. The men on there were dire which is why I stopped using it after a week. biggest waste of my money in a long time.

customercare.matchaffinity.uk@contact.matchaffinity.com Also ...... https://www.matchaffinity.com/faq/#!home Here there is "Contact" - It wont allow you to use it until you do a random search - get a generic reply, if you mark that this did not help you will see "Email"- then you can contact.

By Michael A.

Questions? Get answers from the MatchAffinity staff and other customers.

MatchAffinity?