Review of Lyft

support@lyft.com

9 reviews with 3 stars

msdanak
2/14/19

I haven't had any problems with Lyft, but this one recent incident with the use of service on January 26th. That it was not me is taking me through the ringer, since I have proof about that day now their saying it was on the 25th it just says the 26th, when I didn't use them that day either and I also have proof of that day also. I just wonder who do I go to next? (maybe headquarters) they're really making me sceptical of their service like uber...Talking about I rode with Godfrey. Who the Hell is Godfrey, I never ever even seen a Damn Godfrey...Not those days in particular

caroll277
1/1/19

While Lyft cab drivers have been punctual, reliable and their vehicles clean, Lyft offers are deceptive and ambiguous in wording, "Up to December 31st" means midnight on December 30. 50% really means a maximum of 6 dollars per ride no matter what the cost and mileage of the distance. Watch for the fine print which takes a lawyer to navigate; when trying to clarify what transpired, customer service online is rather harder to reach, and when reached, contradictory in its communication.

jaquiem
9/27/18

To begin, they are LEAGUES better than Yellow Cab, and slightly less expensive than Uber.

That said, our first few rides went swimmingly well, to the point that we became addicted to not driving, and just taking Lyfts everywhere. A few of the drivers however weren't the greatest, so we pretty much stopped using Lyft altogether.

I guess Uber got the better/nicer drivers.

he11728
2/26/18

I have had drivers flat out screw up and then cancel the ride so I was stuck having to run my card again!

gaild40
11/1/17

Not happy I started taking lyft in June of this year was good for about 1 month , then every time I try to get a ride with lyft people cancel on me, in my opinion you take the good with the bad, your not always going to get that long ride for big money

kimj101
10/20/17

I cant say that my entire Lyft experience has been a bad one. I have had some really nice drivers but then there are the shiesty ones. The ones that piss me off are the driver that cancels your ride. Ive had a few drivers cancel me stating, that I never came out for the pick up. This was totally false. I suggest that you screenshot every move especially when they are close to your pick up location. Remember theres a blue circle that shows your exact location on the Lyft tracking map. I have been taking pics of all of this for anyone that want to play games. I also send text and call the driver to make sure that theres no discrepancies about my location. I do understand that they are not suppose to text and drive; however, the directions for my pick me up is ALWAYS very detailed. Im ready to send pics to plead my case for anyone that would like to try me. My other gripe with Lyft is not having a direct line to speak with a representative about issues like this! This is the biggest problem that I have with this company. Overall, I have had more good experiences than bad ones. Ive never had to wait too long for a ride. I recently found out that messaging the company via Twitter gets a fast response. I will do this from now on but for cases like the ones that Ive experienced people should be able to contact a live agent.

dang30
7/7/17

Some hard of hearing person at support (Winter was her alleged name) got my one and only call into support completely wrong. She didn't hear all that I said, she (like most people these days) got a few "key" words and finished her "duties"! I got a lovely e-mail from Lyft offending me about "Lyft's community is composed of people from many views and backgrounds, and community members should respect these differences." The whole call had nothing to do with anything remotely deserving of that response. I called about a possible scam and their response was to offend me? Really? Okay guess we need ANOTHER ride share company besides Lyft and Uber....

greogeb
3/10/17

I drive for Lyft and now they keep telling people that you can make up to 1500 that a joke with the 3.50 fares that they chrage and so many people who think that I can drive to but don't know how to get around town without GPS and the people you pick up out here anymore in phoenix area are cheap and don't tip and don't want to go any further than 1-3 miles away and waste your time and gas to pick them up about 40% tip and 60% don't tip and expect alot from the driver and have no respect for the driver think because they are a big spender and pay 4-5 dallors they can run the mouth to you or after the transaction is done by talking $#*! about the driver to try to get free rides from the company and its been slow down since the think that college kids are doing it it's a totally joke to they are cheap and broke and lazy to call for a ride for a short walk away and lots of the ride are getting longer to pick up then drop off the person Lyft has mess up the app sending the driver call 20 30 minutes away and you can't see were the person want to go until you get there now and wonder why the person don't get picked up last year shows that were the person want to go and chrage more money for the fare and wonder why the driver are not going out any more or will not pick up the person it used to be fast and easy to pick up the person but it not getting to the point where it's become a real problem in the Phoenix area cheap rides bad passenger in some cases and no tips and people tell you I'll put it in the fare and don't people want to go to the store and get picked up from the store waste your time and gas for 2.80 you get and are rude and cheap people who don't tip the driver only time you can make any money is in prime time now since most of the big spender don't tip and wait time is a joke 5 minutes and if they are not going any were you don't get paid for the wait time to used to but not any more and they are trying to scam the driver on the taxes send people taxes form who don't get them and if you do get one they are added the 20% on the tax forms so they don't have to pay the tax to the irs to so it's only a seasonal job to not going to make money in the summer mouth here it's become less and less money to make in Arizona to since the people with money are not coming out here anymore to Arizona about 10% from years past college kids are not going to work they are cheap and don't tip out here so I just want you to know that it's a good thing to do if you know the areas and don't need GPS to do the job the picture of the person smile on the ad if you're making great money you will be but remember that it's still a job your use your own vehicle and insurance and repair and maintenance and gas to do thris they only pay you 80% of the fare and if you're not getting good fares and make good money it's not worth it so I think really hard about doing this if you not serious about making money and because you have a car does not mean you can do this must be very good at the street and town to get around fast enough to find the person and drop them off don't have to speed around just know what your doing to the rideshare in Arizona are getting to be a joke now just remember that you will be paying for everything before to and they don't care about you ever you don't work for Lyft they work for you since they tell you that your not an employee of the company in anyway but remember that the star system is a scam to get money from people to only good thing from the star system is to get rid of bad passenger so good luck if you don't have experience doing cab work courier work and know that only pick up people who are with in 5-10 minutes max lost of cancel the ride and waste your time and gas to try to pick them up it better than most places to work but if you think the Phoenix area is paying 1500 a week that a joke to the price should go up to but they only cares about the money they make so if you don't know how to play the game with the cab business don't waste your time your not going to make any money

adrianr21
2/10/17

Besides the occasional extensive wait times(last week it occured to me for the first time to wait almost 2 hours at LAX for a ping) and then i got a ride going to Brentwood..

Driving for lyft, passangers and overall experience is great.

However, when you have an issue the customer service is the worst thing ever!! It makes me so mad that their customer service is o bad. The other day i drove until I reached $100(gross amount) and out of those $100 i only had $39 available to cash out and when i saw that i got pissed! I didnt know(btw still dont know) what was going on. I may have cashed part of the money maybe but i really couldnt remember and had(have) the feeling that i was being stolen from.. i contacted lyft SO MANY TIMES explaining with most detail as possible, i took screen shots and wrote on the pics, and the answers i got kept on being generic answers that were seriously annoying! I spent time trying to make it as clear as possible and the representatives didn't give a $#*!, they barely read my email....

Here is one of the responses:
"With Express Pay, you can collect earnings on a debit card whenever youve earned at least $50, after the Lyft fee. Ride earnings, referral bonuses and mentor payments are included in Express Pay."

Basically all their responses say the same thing, no one bothered to look into my account to explain to me where the money went and why I had only $39 available out of $100 when it should be around $75.

After i got my sign up driver bonus and ran into this simple issue that LYFT clearly doesnt give a $#*! about, I'm considering Uber again (Politics aside).

It's really frustrating...

Well thanks for reading

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v.

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Lyft