Little Monk Seal Preschool reviews

info@littlemonkseal.org

1 star

tamarae7
8/15/17

Both Michelle and Katie are simply beautiful people and you can tell that they love their jobs! They always welcome the kids with huge smiles.

lindae86
7/13/17

Little Monk Seal Montessori School has exceeded my expectations! Thank you Ms. Michelle and Ms. Katie for being so exceptional! I highly recommend LMSM!

shellye10
3/8/17

Seriously not only the best preschool on Maui, but I would even venture to say one of the best on the Mainland, too. Katie and Michelle LOVE what they do and it shows. They are so caring with the keiki and really put their hearts and souls into helping them learn on their level! My son is reading at only 4, loves to go to school, and always has a smile on his face when he comes home. The school is beautiful, clean, and set up in a way that the kids really learn so, so much. My husband and I were a little nervous about finding a quality school on the island and now we shout this school's praises from the rooftop. Seriously, if you are thinking about sending your little one to preschool or kindergarten, you must check Little Monk Seal Montessori out.

jl139
8/19/16

My two little girls started going to Little Monk seal this year. I cannot say enough wonderful things. They both absolutely love it! It went from my oldest being sad most mornings at preschool prior to Monk Seal to practically jumping out of the car into school now. The first few days were the 'best day ever' according to both my girls. Also I can see their interests in education expanding. Cannot wait to see how much they are able to achieve with such wonderfully motivated, strong and intelligent women in Katie and Michelle guiding them!! Thanks for taking such wonderful care of our girls!

miac18
7/12/16

The school itself looks appealing as far as what I would assume this age group would like. You can feel the enthusiasm from Michelle and Katie coming through the delightful decor. The rooms come as close as they can to making you feel as if you are outside- even the educational tools they use look interesting.

I have known Michelle for a about a year and her passion for taking care of our keiki certainly comes through as her top priority. She seems very focused and determined to make the school a success and not for her sake but rather for the kids. We are lucky to have this opportunity on Maui!

kirstenc11
7/4/16

I am writing this review mostly to share my knowledge of Katie Farley, one of the directors at Little Monk Seal. Katie tutored my second grade daughter this past school year. Within weeks of beginning her tutoring sessions with Ms. Farley my daughter's whole attitude toward school completely transformed. She was finally excited about learning! Not only were Katie's hands on, creative Montessori methods amazingly affective but her encouraging, calmly persistent and patient demeaner was just what my daughter needed.

After visiting Little Monk Seal, seeing the spacious, bright, beautiful facility and meeting Michelle I know that anyone who chooses LMS will not be disappointed!

marilyne11
7/3/16

Michelle Lazuka is a highly educated, experienced, and compassionate person who loves working with young children.

brianm214
6/30/16

She is an excellent teacher and she works hard to make sure each child is reaching their full potential.

kristenj10
6/30/16

The teachers at Little Monk Seal are invested and there to stay. I am happy to see that they follow the the Montessori method of teaching to the highest degree. They remain in the children's lives and care about being life long educators. Michelle holds a Masters Degree in Education and both teachers have their Montessori credentials along with a long history of work with children. This was important to us when we were looking for the right school, which we are pleased to have said that we found it here!

mikes422
6/29/16

I had a chance to participate in Little Monk Seal's Keiki Day a few weeks ago. The school is in a convenient spot located very close to Kihei Charter School. I was surprised just how much detail and thought went into creating the school's environment. There are basically 2 different rooms. There is a more formal classroom setting as well as a really fun and kid friendly activity room. The "works" are set up all over the main classroom and I couldn't help but be drawn to them myself. I saw the kids have a natural curiosity towards all the cool learning materials and gravitate towards their favorites. The activity room is bright and colorful with a selection of fun, active things to do. I loved the cartoony track on the floor and the tree mural painted on the wall. On Keiki Day there was a lady from Maui Tumblers there and she had set up a bunch of cool gymnastics items that the kids were having a ball with. This school seems like a welcome addition to an island in need of more top notch education opportunities.

jonim5
6/29/16

I have known Michelle for over 15 years. Not only is she an amazing person she is so caring and compassionate for kids. I have seen her go from being a nanny to getting her masters, while all along keeping her focus towards child education and what's best for the children she is taking care of. Her passion for child development and growth is contagious. If I lived in Hawaii, there is no doubt I would send my son to Little Monk Seal Montessori to learn from Michelle.

sarahm231
6/28/16

Our son had Miss Katie & Miss Michelle for teachers for two years and they are absolutely wonderful! These teachers have big beautiful hearts and are so great with our keiki! We are so excited for our daughter to start up in the fall at Little Monk Seal Montessori!

lynnk39
6/27/16

Michelle is wonderful with children. Any child is in good hands with her!

jenniferz21
6/26/16

I have known Michelle for a long time and had two children in her class over the years, she is a wonderful teacher and caregiver. She made letting my little ones transition into school so much easier for me knowing that they were in her care. She does a great job of helping young children learn far more than I thought they were capable of! Having her in my children's lives was a great gift to us!

stevena50
6/26/16

I have had the privilege of having my child in one of Michelle's classes in the past and she is unparalleled in her commitment to education and creating a welcoming classroom environment. My child loved going to school when he was in Michelle's class and that has not always been the case with him. I wish she could have taught him K-12! Her passion for education and learning is amazing! I was impressed that she had the desire to continue her education and obtain a masters in education, that kind of commitment and competency is hard to find in the preschool-kindergarten workforce! I would recommend her to anyone.

alexanderl27
6/26/16

I have been visiting schools on Maui for a long time and felt defeated until I found this one. I wanted a high quality education for my son and I found it here. Excellent curriculum and teachers that genuinely care about your family!

oliviam40
6/26/16

Michelle and Katie are dedicated to creating a postive foundation for life long learning, and providing skills that support children in flourishing both in school, and in life! I highly recommend Little Monk Seal to my clients, and friends.

lianac1
6/25/16

My husband and I really adore these two teachers! Ms. Katie and Ms. Mi-shelf (Michelle) as my then 3yr old would call her were just wonderful teachers to our children. Katie has been a part of all three of my children's educations and Michelle has helped with two of our three. I can't say enough about the love and care these ladies exude. We are beyond blessed to have met them and we are lucky to call these two friends!

ls107
6/25/16

I am a mommy of two young children & I work in the field of early childhood education. When I first met Michelle & Katie several years ago, I was impressed by their peaceful manner, their passion for working with young children, & their excitement of bringing more Montessori Education into Maui.

Their love for what they do, their appreciation of Maui's natural beauty, & their mission: Saving Our Planet One Keiki at a Time is quite evident once you step into their preschool, Little Monk Seal Montessori or if you visit their website. Their goal is to help your child learn how to be independent, learn how to be a responsible steward of the planet, & reach their full potential.

You will be A M A Z E D at what Little Monk Seal Montessori has to offer. Amazed at how Katie & Michelle created an extraordinary classroom.
Amazed at how your child will thrive learning through the Montessori way. Amazed at how much you will appreciate being in the Little Monk Seal Montessori classroom.

I am A M A Z E D.

rosemaryz
6/25/16

I have seen the Little Monk Seal Preschool in Kihei, HI start as a dream project to develop into a Montessori learning environment that is enriched for children. Not only are the children learning via the Montessori model but the focus on sustainability will give the children even more enhanced values. As a mother of a child who attended Montessori school, she was prepared for higher learning while still keeping her creativity. I so appreciate what Katie and Michelle are providing for the children and for our Maui environment. It is an enriched learning environment and a loving, supportive community.
Rosemary Z. BSW, MA

shayh13
6/25/16

So my daughter is 3 1/2 she attend the summer dance camp .she loved it so much!!

So I would like to say thank u ladies for being apart of her first time attended any kind of school n really any kind of baby-sitting beside mom n dad . I was on the fence about putting her into any preschool Cuz it's really expensive .I stay with her during the day n i do so much work with her .I always heard from others mom "but they need the social part " and I feel like she got that .we were always around different aged children. .but after her just being at this school for 3 days she came back talking , walking I mean I feel she was a total different little girl .she needs school n I'm so glad her dad put her into to this. These girls were so nice n she would talk about it for weeks after .I loved the setting ,vibe, it was clean . I saw a ad about them opening this school so I was very excited .so thank u ladies for doing this for our keiki's .n I hope it last for ever for u if her other preschool doest work we will c u for sure. aloha shay ,kiana ,Howard.

lilywoodm
6/24/16

Safe, clean, colorful, environment with experienced, kind mentors filled with aloha.
Expect beautiful, well-stocked & inviting Montessori supplies as well as a curriculum rich with deep respect for local, natural treasures.
A delightful introduction to education for all our keiki.
Mahalo nui loa Little Monk Seal Preschool

sherif33
6/24/16

Many thanks go out to Michelle and Olivia for the classes offered at LMS. I've been attending classes for a few months and I'm so thankful for their patience and understanding in helping me achieve my fitness goals.They are so encouraging and will take time to individually explain how to get the most out of my workout. No judging as we are all at different levels but plenty of encouraging. Recommend the classes to everyone. Thanks again!

sandyt24
6/24/16

There's not too many people that I would trust with my son, especially not being familiar with Maui. We're from the mainland. However, Michelle was a welcome surprise. Her caring attitude, patience, and general positive attitude made our son, a son who was extremely shy, become the happiest I've ever seen him in a long time.

It was a stressful move to Maui, b/c my husband and I were concerned how our son would fit in. It's really hard to tear your children away from the familiarity of there family and friends. However, Michelle helped Brice, grow out of his shell rather quickly. He soon became an outgoing, adventure seeking, and overall great student. We, now, wouldn't be able to pull him away from Maui if we wanted.

If you have any hesitation, because this is a new school, *don't*. Michelle's long teaching history on the island, will make her and her new school, the best Montessori on the island in no time. There's no question about that :)

Thank You Michelle!

carriet15
6/24/16

My children have had Michelle Lazuka as a preschool teacher as well as a yoga camp counselor. She was not only professional but was able to create programs based on all educational and social levels. Having three children, they all truly loved Michelle as a teacher and respected her. The wealth of knowledge they received in their early years truly provided a great foundation for their elementary years. We are grateful to have had her in our lives.

Questions? Get answers from the Little Monk Seal Preschool staff and other customers.

Little Monk Seal Preschool?