Little Monk Seal Preschool

Little Monk Seal Preschool

www.littlemonkseal.org

Little Monk Seal Preschool has a consumer rating of 5 stars from 30 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Little Monk Seal Preschool also ranks 7th among Kids sites.

• Little Monk Seal Montessori School has exceeded my expectations!
  • Michelle Lazuka is a highly educated, experienced, and compassionate person who loves working with young children.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Little Monk Seal Preschool?

“I cannot believe how much my 4-year old has...”

Shelly E.
3/8/17

Seriously not only the best preschool on Maui, but I would even venture to say one of the best on the Mainland, too. Katie and Michelle LOVE what they do and it shows. They are so caring with the keiki and really put their hearts and souls into helping them learn on their level! My son is reading at only 4, loves to go to school, and always has a smile on his face when he comes home. The school is beautiful, clean, and set up in a way that the kids really learn so, so much. My husband and I were a little nervous about finding a quality school on the island and now we shout this school's praises from the rooftop. Seriously, if you are thinking about sending your little one to preschool or kindergarten, you must check Little Monk Seal Montessori out.

little monk seal montessori (7) children (15)
tamarae7
August 15th, 2017
Both Michelle and Katie are simply beautiful people and you can tell that they love their jobs! They always welcome the kids with huge smiles.
lindae86
July 13th, 2017
Little Monk Seal Montessori School has exceeded my expectations! Thank you Ms. Michelle and Ms. Katie for being so exceptional! I highly recommend LMSM!
pattya10
Verified purchase
Little Monk Seal Montessori is one of the few schools that offers an authentic Montessori curriculum. I love that the directors and teachers are passionate about teaching not only academics, but teaching peace, mindfulness, self-esteem, and a sense of community! That is something I find a lot of schools lack. Aside from the fantastic, passionate teachers/directors, the school itself is absolutely beautiful! You can tell how much love and passion the teachers have for the school and the children by just looking at the classroom environment.
kristenj10
June 30th, 2016
The teachers at Little Monk Seal are invested and there to stay. I am happy to see that they follow the the Montessori method of teaching to the highest degree. They remain in the children's lives and care about being life long educators. Michelle holds a Masters Degree in Education and both teachers have their Montessori credentials along with a long history of work with children. This was important to us when we were looking for the right school, which we are pleased to have said that we found it here!
jonim5
June 29th, 2016
Verified purchase
I have known Michelle for over 15 years. Not only is she an amazing person she is so caring and compassionate for kids. I have seen her go from being a nanny to getting her masters, while all along keeping her focus towards child education and what's best for the children she is taking care of. Her passion for child development and growth is contagious. If I lived in Hawaii, there is no doubt I would send my son to Little Monk Seal Montessori to learn from Michelle.
carriet15
Verified purchase
My children have had Michelle Lazuka as a preschool teacher as well as a yoga camp counselor. She was not only professional but was able to create programs based on all educational and social levels. Having three children, they all truly loved Michelle as a teacher and respected her. The wealth of knowledge they received in their early years truly provided a great foundation for their elementary years. We are grateful to have had her in our lives.
sherif33
Verified purchase
Many thanks go out to Michelle and Olivia for the classes offered at LMS. I've been attending classes for a few months and I'm so thankful for their patience and understanding in helping me achieve my fitness goals.They are so encouraging and will take time to individually explain how to get the most out of my workout. No judging as we are all at different levels but plenty of encouraging. Recommend the classes to everyone. Thanks again!
lianac1
Verified purchase
My husband and I really adore these two teachers! Ms. Katie and Ms. Mi-shelf (Michelle) as my then 3yr old would call her were just wonderful teachers to our children. Katie has been a part of all three of my children's educations and Michelle has helped with two of our three. I can't say enough about the love and care these ladies exude. We are beyond blessed to have met them and we are lucky to call these two friends!
jenniferz21
Verified purchase
I have known Michelle for a long time and had two children in her class over the years, she is a wonderful teacher and caregiver. She made letting my little ones transition into school so much easier for me knowing that they were in her care. She does a great job of helping young children learn far more than I thought they were capable of! Having her in my children's lives was a great gift to us!
sarahm231
June 28th, 2016
Verified purchase
Our son had Miss Katie & Miss Michelle for teachers for two years and they are absolutely wonderful! These teachers have big beautiful hearts and are so great with our keiki! We are so excited for our daughter to start up in the fall at Little Monk Seal Montessori!
lilywoodm
Verified purchase
Safe, clean, colorful, environment with experienced, kind mentors filled with aloha.
Expect beautiful, well-stocked & inviting Montessori supplies as well as a curriculum rich with deep respect for local, natural treasures.
A delightful introduction to education for all our keiki.
Mahalo nui loa Little Monk Seal Preschool
marilyne11
July 3rd, 2016
oliviam40
Verified purchase
Michelle and Katie are dedicated to creating a postive foundation for life long learning, and providing skills that support children in flourishing both in school, and in life! I highly recommend Little Monk Seal to my clients, and friends.
brianm214
June 30th, 2016
She is an excellent teacher and she works hard to make sure each child is reaching their full potential.
alexanderl27
Verified purchase
I have been visiting schools on Maui for a long time and felt defeated until I found this one. I wanted a high quality education for my son and I found it here. Excellent curriculum and teachers that genuinely care about your family!
lynnk39
June 27th, 2016
Verified purchase
Michelle is wonderful with children. Any child is in good hands with her!
jenk20
Verified purchase
I have had only the most remarkable experiences in my interaction with Michelle. I am so impressed by the leadership at LMSM, and her vision for Maui's keiki. She is truly committed to the development and education of youth, and her school is a beautiful facility, equipped with all of the tools for success. I would highly recommend that anyone interested in providing the best available learning program for their child meet with Michelle to see who she is and what she does.
alexs354
Verified purchase
I had the pleasure of getting to know Michelle while volunteering with the monk seal response team and through her yoga classes. Michelle is such a kind, generous and welcoming individual. Her passion for education and positive spirit is infectious! I am certain that any child that attends The Little Monk Seal Preschool will have an exceptional experience!
kelseya5
Verified purchase
As soon as I saw Little Monk Seal Montessori, I was immediately impressed with the warm atmosphere, clean and organized classrooms, and the passionate teachers. One thing that set Little Monk Seal Montessori apart from other schools, to me, was the staff. They were genuinely excited to teach the children not only academically, but to the child as a whole. Their love for the children shines through their work, the school, and the learning environment that they created. The school offers a variety of learning materials that allow children to learn at their own pace, and by their own interests, and it even has a beautiful gross motor space! The teachers were willing to answer all of my questions and really know their stuff! I would definitely recommend Little Monk Seal to anyone looking for good quality, hands on education that also develops the child's self esteem and curiosity and passion for learning!
sandyt24
Verified purchase
There's not too many people that I would trust with my son, especially not being familiar with Maui. We're from the mainland. However, Michelle was a welcome surprise. Her caring attitude, patience, and general positive attitude made our son, a son who was extremely shy, become the happiest I've ever seen him in a long time.

It was a stressful move to Maui, b/c my husband and I were concerned how our son would fit in. It's really hard to tear your children away from the familiarity of there family and friends. However, Michelle helped Brice, grow out of his shell rather quickly. He soon became an outgoing, adventure seeking, and overall great student. We, now, wouldn't be able to pull him away from Maui if we wanted.

If you have any hesitation, because this is a new school, *don't*. Michelle's long teaching history on the island, will make her and her new school, the best Montessori on the island in no time. There's no question about that :)

Thank You Michelle!
beck476
Verified purchase
Michelle is living proof you can actually truly love what you do for a living and live what you love. She has from the moment she was born been a loving child who grew into a loving adult. As her godmother and somebody who spent lots of time with her through her formidable years I literally watched her become this grown woman who is selfless in character. This is the exact woman you want your children to learn with and to emulate. Michelle is a beautiful person inside and out who cares for children and their path to learning to become an enriched human being and to gain their confidence to move forward in a positive direction as they develop their lot in life. Your children will not only be highly educated but enriched as well in a life full of possibilities.
stevena50
Verified purchase
I have had the privilege of having my child in one of Michelle's classes in the past and she is unparalleled in her commitment to education and creating a welcoming classroom environment. My child loved going to school when he was in Michelle's class and that has not always been the case with him. I wish she could have taught him K-12! Her passion for education and learning is amazing! I was impressed that she had the desire to continue her education and obtain a masters in education, that kind of commitment and competency is hard to find in the preschool-kindergarten workforce! I would recommend her to anyone.
ls107
Verified purchase
I am a mommy of two young children & I work in the field of early childhood education. When I first met Michelle & Katie several years ago, I was impressed by their peaceful manner, their passion for working with young children, & their excitement of bringing more Montessori Education into Maui.

Their love for what they do, their appreciation of Maui's natural beauty, & their mission: Saving Our Planet One Keiki at a Time is quite evident once you step into their preschool, Little Monk Seal Montessori or if you visit their website. Their goal is to help your child learn how to be independent, learn how to be a responsible steward of the planet, & reach their full potential.

You will be A M A Z E D at what Little Monk Seal Montessori has to offer. Amazed at how Katie & Michelle created an extraordinary classroom.
Amazed at how your child will thrive learning through the Montessori way. Amazed at how much you will appreciate being in the Little Monk Seal Montessori classroom.

I am A M A Z E D.
rosemaryz
Verified purchase
I have seen the Little Monk Seal Preschool in Kihei, HI start as a dream project to develop into a Montessori learning environment that is enriched for children. Not only are the children learning via the Montessori model but the focus on sustainability will give the children even more enhanced values. As a mother of a child who attended Montessori school, she was prepared for higher learning while still keeping her creativity. I so appreciate what Katie and Michelle are providing for the children and for our Maui environment. It is an enriched learning environment and a loving, supportive community.
Rosemary Z. BSW, MA
shayh13
Verified purchase
So my daughter is 3 1/2 she attend the summer dance camp .she loved it so much!!

So I would like to say thank u ladies for being apart of her first time attended any kind of school n really any kind of baby-sitting beside mom n dad . I was on the fence about putting her into any preschool Cuz it's really expensive .I stay with her during the day n i do so much work with her .I always heard from others mom "but they need the social part " and I feel like she got that .we were always around different aged children. .but after her just being at this school for 3 days she came back talking , walking I mean I feel she was a total different little girl .she needs school n I'm so glad her dad put her into to this. These girls were so nice n she would talk about it for weeks after .I loved the setting ,vibe, it was clean . I saw a ad about them opening this school so I was very excited .so thank u ladies for doing this for our keiki's .n I hope it last for ever for u if her other preschool doest work we will c u for sure. aloha shay ,kiana ,Howard.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Little Monk Seal Preschool staff and other customers.

michellel137
Michelle L.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Little Monk Seal Preschool?

Have a question about Little Monk Seal Preschool?