Review of Life and Home

Tel: (877)-289-9760
sales@lifeandhome.com

dianap166
3/2/19

It has taken awhile to get "happy" with my order but finally I am. I ordered on another Website (Walmart) and my first delivery was a mess. But it was the fault of the delivery service, not Life and Home or Walmart. Took a few calls and I discovered the sender was not Walmart but Life and Home. The 1st person I THOUGHT would get it fixed but as I waited for the arrival of my order which did not ever come I called Life and Home again and by the Grace of God spoke to James. He fixed it!! BUT yet again the delivery service fell flay. Never got it. Called James and told him this and he had the delivery service trace it down. They said I had been delivered the order and that was that. Well James believed me and Walmart gave me a refund....... Then I ordered through Life and Home with James and 3 days later my order was at my front door!! Thank God James was my blessing!!!! Still NOT happy about the run around with the UPS but I am for sure happy with the end results!!!! A+ A+ A+ A+ A+
Sincerely, Diana

dougg92
2/27/19

I ordered from this company and, when I opened the invoice email they sent, noticed they had charged me sales tax for a town I do not live in. I contacted them THREE TIMES, explained the error, and asked them to remedy it. They flat-out refused to correct it and told me I was wrong (as if, as a business owner, I don't know what my tax rate is!). Finally, after receiving no resolution from them, I wrote a review on their site, explaining what happened. Minutes later, I got a telephone call from them, offering a refund IN EXCHANGE FOR changing my review to a positive one. The caller repeatedly talked over me as I tried to explain the problem, telling me (again) that I am wrong, and that they did nothing wrong, even while trying to convince me to accept a refund to "pay me off" for favorably lying about their service in my review. If they cared as much about their customers and their service as they seem to care about their reviews, they would probably be a lot better off. My only explanation for why anyone one this site has given them a 5-star review is that they probably did so in exchange for a full refund of their purchase. Sorry. I am a small business owner, myself, and that is NOT the way it should work. You should EARN your good reviews, through providing great products and service that satisfy your customers.

lukej38
2/1/19

I made a purchase totaling $57 through the Sears website. Item was shipped from Life and Home. It was not what I believed I was purchasing, so I tried to return it. The shipping to return it was going to cost $56. I've never purchased something online that didn't have free shipping on the return. Otherwise why would anyone take the risk of buying online? We are just spoiled by amazing companies like Amazon. Life and Home responded with this statement "There will be NO restocking fees deductions but, shipping charges will NOT be refunded nor, we can issue you a label." Felt like they were rude, didn't care at all. Will never use them again and recommend no one else use them.

scottj158
1/26/19

We ordered four exterior GE light bulbs and two of them didn't work. One arrived broken and one had been used and repackaged. I requested a replacement but they would only offer a credit and said that I would need to order from another vendor as if questioning my integrity after I supplied them with photo evidence. Now I have four outside lights and only two bulbs. What a hassle. They are obviously not serious about customer service and Google Express. A joke, really

tomv16
10/12/18

I don't understand the one stars and five stars, seems to make no sense. I had a problem with an item, and they fixed it immediately. I give this company five stars because it's ALL about customer service! A+ Thank you, great job.

stevec496
9/20/18

SENT WRONG ITEM WITH MISSING PARTS AND NO INVOICE, NO RESPONSE TO QUERY, AND WANTED ME TO PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING

michaelm1470
8/24/18

After you order a product from Life and Home they will ask you to write a review, but if your review is negative they will not post it. They have a lot of fake reviews. I ordered the Poolmaster 70-282 Pool Pumice Stone and not only does it not work, you can purchase it for under $2.00 at Walmart or on Amazon.....

hernanr2
Hernan R.
8/23/18

I feel like I have to write this to balance out some other reviews, as people with bad experiences tend to review more. I needed a Moen part that I literally could not find on any other website except Life and Home. When I saw the reviews on this site I got worried that they might not be a reputable company. Pleasant surprise #1: I discovered I could pay on their site using Apple Pay (or Paypal) instead of giving my credit card details since I wasn't sure whom I was dealing with, so I took a chance. Pleasant surprise #2: I ordered on a Saturday but got an immediate auto confirmation email. Pleasant surprise #3: shipping confirmation (I used standard shipping) on Monday morning with USPS tracking number and invoice. Pleasant surprise #4: after the shipping confirmation email, on delivery day (Wednesday) I got two more emails - one letting me know my package was out for delivery, and another letting me know when it was delivered. Pleasant surprise #5 (given the bad reviews): the item was well packed and exactly what I ordered. Nothing whatsoever to complain about.

Tip for consumers: I recommend buying directly through their website, it was a great checkout and email-updates experience.

gingerm55
7/9/18

I ordered 2 tubes of caulk in a color Home Depot did not carry. 1 tube arrived at my house with a invoice that said 2 were delivered in the package. I contacted Life and Home to ask for a refund on the 1 tube that wasn't delivered. They wrote back 2 were delivered. I wrote back why would I lie about an item that's around $6.

I should have read the reviews before doing business with them. Seems like since they do this often enough, they can make enough money to matter to them.

francieg1
6/25/18

i had a problem with a product & it looked like I was not going to get it resolved, but James really came thru with great customer service. He took a lot of extra time & effort to solve the problem. Thank you, James! A very grateful customer.

jonl124
6/23/18

One of the four solar disk lights did not work. I called James in customer service and explained the situation. He quickly resolved the problem and a new box will be shipped soon. I'll write later as soon as my front walk is lighted again.
Jon L.

reginam76
6/23/18

I had an issue with an order. James took my call and was very very helpful and was concerned about my issue. He took care of my issue in a timely fashion. He was pleasant on the phone and was very knowledgeable.

jamiet73
6/20/18

Have been ordering for a little while and am very pleased with the product and consistent pricing I've received!! James is very helpful and great to work with!

ch138
6/14/18

The Arctic air was defective and we were unable to use. James was very helpful to get this taken care of.

murrys7
6/9/18

Life and Home's incompetence is dangerous to both people and the environment. Seriously, this is not hyperbole. Their name should be Life-threatening and Home-endangering Company. I ordered a harmless iron solution for my plants. Instead, Life and Home (L & H) sent me 2 gallons of a concentrated pesticide. The invoice in the box confirmed I ordered the iron solution. Incidentally, the pesticide they sent is illegal in Europe. I called L & H customer service, but after waiting 4 hours for instructions, I arranged a return through Amazon. Amazon sent me a UPS return label. Distressingly, the UPS Store refused the pesticide because of its toxicity. Others refused it because the way L & H sent the pesticide did not even approach meeting federal shipping guidelines. When I contacted Life and Home about this problem, they told me they did not want the erroneously sent pesticide back, and I should dispose of it on my own. I was furious and sent several e-mails informing them they shipped the pesticide improperly, potentially illegally and asking me to dump a hazardous product was unacceptable and might also be illegal. I said I would notify the regulatory federal authorities and Amazon if L & H did not help me properly deal with their hazardous material. The next day, I received a call from L & H customer service. Their representative told my e-mails were threatening and that I had upset him. He offered no help. Aside from their unwillingness to help a customer, I must conclude they don't care about human or environmental safety. This is based on how they shipped the hazardous material. The thin cardboard box only contained the two plastic bottles and had no packing material. The lid of both gallons was not sealed. The bottles were not in bags to contain spills. I also believe the hazard label on the box did not correctly reflect the nature of the hazard inside. Therefore, there was a better than normal chance that the bottles could rupture or leak and expose the UPS and USPS handlers. I am a science researcher and have sent and received hundreds of hazardous reagents. I have never seen the packaging of hazards by L & H that shows such disregard for the safety of others. As it stands, I am an enraged customer with two gallons of an unwanted toxic pesticide in my garage.

Tip for consumers: Run away!

jimt180
6/2/18

I ordered a hose and after two months it exploded. Company would not stand behind their product after 2 months. BEWARE. Companies that don't stand behind their product are fraud!

lynnv33
5/30/18

Ordered a 2-pack of Tramontina fry pans from this "company" using Amazon. The pans arrived with the bottom pan scratched due to poor packaging. So, we contacted Amazon for a return and replacement of the order, clearly indicating the problem was due to poor packaging. A new set was sent. However, the same issue occurred with the new set. We contacted Amazon, who refused another replacement and referred us to Life and Home. Their manager did not care whatsoever that Life and Home sent us two sets of defective pans, despite it being their packaging that caused the problems. As other reviewers have indicated, Life and Home has no ethics and makes a mockery of the concept of "customer service". By the way, Amazon also should be ashamed of themselves for (a) not supporting a long-time Amazon customer and (b) using Life and Home as a vendor. My advice: never order anything from Life and Home. Ever.

renaw12
5/8/18

Ordered from their website had a picture of a green umbrella for my chairs got the package the next day and opened it only to find assorted color umbrellas when I called to complain a foreigner answered and claim that it was a picture of a green umbrella on their website, however the description was "assorted", that's false advertisement you don't put a picture of a "green" dog and then send a "black" one, not only that it's going to cost more the the price of the umbrella to send it back, piece of advice people always research the unfamiliar I never heard of them before and I usually do my research before I buy from anyone however I didn't this time around and I regret it, always go with your gut!

cindyr129
4/29/18

Wish I did the research before. I ordered plant rail brackets on Overstock - welds incomplete and the bracket screws weren't even as long as the brackets depth and didn't include nuts to secure them. Because I didn't try to assemble for 30 days, they basically said "sucker" and wouldn't consider a return due to their 30 day return policy. Made no attempt to right their quality wrong with screws/nuts. Zero quality and customer service

ashleyl125
4/11/18

I ordered $500 Aluminum Rivets on their website. I paid extra for the overnight shipping and received a confirmation email. The next day, I receive another "processing order" email but in really small print, it says that they could not do the overnight shipping, so to contact them if I'd like to cancel my order or they would do the standard shipping. Today, I called the phone number "JAMES" answered and said that he canceled my order because I didn't reply to the email to tell them that I still wanted the rivets. I told him that typically, as a business owner, I do not have time to call and tell people, that I've already paid, that I still need the items that I originally ordered! He said that the website is flawed and that it isn't their fault that they cannot overnight ship the items I ordered and that they ran out of stock of the item completely. I asked him what we were going to do about what we paid for and the overnight shipping and he said that the warehouse has them, but that they will ship free standard. He argued with me the entire time and said that he was the supervisor. Refused to allow me to speak with anyone else. I asked them to completed cancel the order and to please refund what they charged me originally.

UPDATE:
I have since received another email from JAMES PARKER and it reads:
"Hi Ashley,

We have received the order for the special order item and we are not able to ship the special order item overnight, so we have sent you an email asking for the same you want to proceed with the standard shipping or you want to cancel this order. We have also called your phone number ***-***-**** and left you the voice message, but we have never heard back from you.

After sending that email, we have waited for 24 hours and after that, when we have not heard anything from your side, so we have canceled your order assuming that you do not want this item.

Sorry for your inconvenience"

HE IS STILL TRYING TO SELL THEM AFTER THE OTHER EMAILS AND THE PHONE CALL WHERE I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM THAT I WANTED A REFUND!!!!! I never got the product, so give me my money back! NEVER AGAIN will I order from them and I will never give a positive review for them either.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT!

kendallh15
3/8/18

TERRIBLE!!!! I ordered from overstock and they are a "marketplace seller". I never received my package as stated by UPS. Contacted the seller who has been "investigating" for over a month. Their response is "UPS says the package was delivered". I run a business from my home, receive packages daily and am home 90% of the time. This package ($80.00 knee pads) was not received as I stated. Instead of Life & Home being a mature responsible seller and filing a claim with UPS and/or resending my order like any other reputable company would do (Amazon, Wayfair, etc) they just ignore me and give me an attitude like I am trying to shiest them out of $80.00 knee pads! Ridiculous. I finally spoke to a Superior at Overstock who has refunded my credit card. I advised them to get rid of this Market Place Seller as they make Overstock look bad. There is a reason this is a "start up" company not going anywhere! Avoid at all costs!

brucel56
11/12/17

No customer service either. They argue with you, take your money for 2 day shipping and then ship UPS ground and refuse to refund the money you paid for expedited shipping. Stay away from these guys!

sals25
7/26/17

Ordered item from Walmart, received yesterday, can't return item to Walmart must call. I called, must send product back to them and I must pay shipping... Well the shipping will costs more than the item. Don't understand why it can't just be returned to Walmart. Service sucks... All the guy on the phone can say... That's our policy.
Won't be buying from this company ever again.

stevem340
6/7/17

ordered a product in March, which did not work. Called in April, and they said they would ship a replacement. Never did and never marked it down.

They are liars and game players. Only use this company if you like crap people.

hanse18
12/20/16

Placed and order Dec 13 and after one week without shipping notification I called and asked for the status. The order was cancelled the 14th without information to me.
Gives me no time to find the items before Xmas

Questions? Get answers from the Life and Home staff and other customers.

Life and Home?