Lids CA

Lids CA has a consumer rating of 1.41 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Lids CA most frequently mention customer service, free shipping and access pass problems. Lids CA ranks 31st among Hats sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Lids customer service said it was already processed and can cancel and issue return when shipped.
How would you rate Lids CA?

“This site is awesome”

Michael R.
10/23/14

This site is awesome. I wear a lot of ball caps and I'm constantly switching them out. This is the only place I'll get them from.

“Horrible customer service and cancellation”

Ajeet G.
9/21/20

Horrible Customer Service. I ordered a jersey and tried to cancel it literally the next day before the order shipped and was complete, i was told it was not possible as it left the warehouse. I waited a month and a half no jersey showed up. I called the support line a second time today and they told me i should have cancelled it right away like the next day and now its too late for a refund or cancellation. They said I dont know why you didnt cancel the first time i called. Very poor customer service never shopping at lids.ca again

customer service (8)
ajeetg1
September 21st, 2020

kerrym247
November 16th, 2020

Bought a sweater for my son in a men's small. It did not even fit a 10-year old. It took me over two hours to sort out the return process. You cannot speak to an agent on the phone - you are just sent in circles. The only other option is the "online chat" function. After you enter your name, email and order number they ask you to click on why you need assistance (e.g. Modify order; return; tracking etc). The first three times I chose "Return" and then it told me no one was available to chat with me. So the fourth time I clicked "modify order" and I got an "agent" via chat. Yet every time I wrote something I would not get a response and I had to keep typing "Hello, please respond to me". It was brutal. I will never buy anything from this site again.

brandonh395
February 23rd, 2021

I ordered a patrice bergeron boston bruins jersey with the C on it paid for fast shipping 5-7 business days which cost alot and my jersey showed up a month and a half late tried to call and email but customer service is a joke

as1006
April 17th, 2021

Had the absolute worst experience with this company. First of all, how can you charge $14.99 for shipping? That's absolutely insane. Not only that, but shipping also takes 2 weeks time from the ship date. So you're paying $15 for shipping and still have to wait 2 weeks. I've had free shipping where the item comes the next day. Secondly, spoke to a customer service rep on the phone who was so rude he should not even have a job in customer service. He didn't even listen to my concerns, was talking over me and was just overall so awful. He said you can't cancel the order even though I literally ordered it less than 12 hours before and it hadn't even shipped or had any progress on the order. He didn't care about my concerns and started to yell at one point. I can't believe the people Lids employs. I don't care if I was getting upset, that is not the way you act in a customer service role. This company will never receive another penny from me. Absolutely disgusting. STAY FAR FAR AWAY

Tip for consumers:
Stay away take your business elsewhere

billb1255
December 9th, 2020

What a joke of a company. Used to be so reliable and the spot to grab the best sports gear. My my how that has changed. I spent 180$ on a jersey and a hat. Both stated in stock and ready to ship. Same thing for the next 10 days, as my order just said processing. The day delivery was scheduled for still nothing. I contacted them and was told its not in stock and too bad. Make me wait 10 days for my money back. Do yourselves a favor check out Bleacher Bum Collectibles, much better service, prices and also offer free shipping. Mark my words lids canada will be out if business within 2 years. Sad day as a sports fan. What a joke of a company!

amand22
December 2nd, 2020

Horrible and Ridiculous Service/lack of service. I made 2 separate orders over a month ago from lids.ca. I decided to contact customer service since there hadnt been progress on any of my orders. I was told that my orders were "lost" by the third party carrier and there was nothing they could do about it. How do 2 separate orders go missing?! The Lids.ca sales rep was of no help at all. I tried contacting Landmark Glowbal but conveniently their number had been changed. The new company that answered the phone stated that they often get phone calls of people trying to track down their packages that have gone missing/not delivered... seems like a common theme to me. I never write reviews but definitely needed to for this ridiculous service... trust me, don't order from here!

michaelr104
October 23rd, 2014

kinsleyv
November 17th, 2011

Great site and one time for shipping! Will purshase again!

derrickb61
December 10th, 2019

I used to like shopping on lids.ca, now it has become a joke. You have to pay for shipping you can't have it shipped to the store anymore. 14.99 for shipping is crazy.
Tried to change an order and was told I need to return the item(which there is a cost associated). Their customer service just says those are the rules and we have to follow them. I have been using Lids for years and years now, but no longer will be my choice for Hats.

Tip for consumers:
Find a different Site or buy in store.

tedp79
December 12th, 2019

We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable.
Our Fan Services Chat Team is available 24/7. If chat is unavailable during this timeframe, we're just busy servicing other Fans. Please continue to check back here for our current chat status.
I finally contacted Lids Fan Chat service after seeing its shipping options for Free - Ship eligible to my area. I asked what Free - Ship eligible means and I was surprised by the lack of knowledge of the customer service representative. I was told you need to input the correct code for free shipping even though there was no code available at this time. The current sale offers did not have free shipping. I asked if they would have free shipping to store in Canada in the future but got no answer on that. It's misleading to state Free - Ship eligible if there is no such thing. Lids Canada charges $14.99 for shipping to my area. I don't think they ever offer free shipping, even with a discount promo code. See photos attached.

tomboya
May 31st, 2020

$#*!ING SCAMMER u even shipped it using Landmark Global? THEY ARE THIEVES AND SO ARE YOU! WAAAH UR THE WORST ONLINE SHOPPING I EVER EXPERIENCED! NO EMAIL? NO RESPONSE ON CALL? FUUU!

jasonf76
January 4th, 2017

Ordered two hats and shipped separately, when received the invoices had express shipping 20.00 for each item and still took 9 days to receive. When I returned them at local post office in Mitchell, Ontario 1, day was 13.87 and regular 3 days is 10.48 so why didn't they just ship both at the same time? And not even refunded me the 20.00 shipping... I wouldn't deal with them again.

juliep385
January 12th, 2020

I will no longer order on-line if you have to pay 14.99 to ship to store. That is horrible and at one time you were able to pick up at store for free, will find somewhere else to shop.

joeym85
April 21st, 2019

Since being bought out by Fanatics this company has become absolutely terrible. A few months back i purchased lids "access pass premium" and when fanatics took them over my acct stopped working (which my pass is connected to) 5 calls, 11+ transfers each time before reacting store support (im a consumer with no store number) and a few dozen tweets and DMs and nothing but a run around and dumb replies

williamj478
November 23rd, 2019

No cancellation allowed? I called lids a to cancel a order and was told you can not cancel a order after 30 minutes.its was 33 minutes after I ordered the item.

Don't waist your time online with then. There police stinks. I'm done with lids after many years.

johni273
November 29th, 2019

Lids Canada rip off their customers. 1 day prior to black friday 2019 an Egales long sleeve shirt was selling for $9.99. On black Friday the price increase to 15.99. Is this black Friday sale? Plus lids Canada does not offer free shipping anymore. These scums needs to respect their customers.

gordt1
October 16th, 2019

Filed up my cart with several items for an upcoming trip. No pick up at store option just $15 shipping option. Cancelled entire order will go elsewhere. Terrible online business model.

patriciom3
July 4th, 2019

Never again! Why did i order my nba championship gears here. They said order will be processed june 25 which is 11 days after the last game. But 25th came and no update. I have to contact them so that the order will move. The reply, order will come before july 30th. Then i got an email july 2... then july 12th. They should let go of whoever handle their online store. They are the worst! Never again!

adrianas61
October 23rd, 2019

Blah! Is all i have to say about this company and their service. Ridiculous shipping prices, no option to ship to store anymore. Plus lost all my points in the transition. Blah!

brandont69
May 22nd, 2019

Lost my access pass. Bought a jersey, processing took over 8 business days (still waiting). Issued a cancellation while still in processing. Lids customer service said it was already processed and can cancel and issue return when shipped. Yet, the product is still not shipped. Horrible Company!

chrish978
July 3rd, 2019

It's unfortunate but since Lids was acquired, prices/shipping costs have gone up to the point of me canceling my All Access Pass and finding my Hats from another supplier. 14.99 to ship a hat to New Brunswick with no option to ship to store? No thanks

Good luck, the old lids.ca is surely missed.

bradm176
April 10th, 2019

Ever since Lids merged with Fanatics it's been nothing but a hassle for loyal Canadian customers to get the products they want and deserve. The Lids Canada website says things are in stock or available in store but nothing seems to be correct about that.
Even when searching for an item online... all you get is... Oops. We couldn't find the page you requested and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Being a long loyal customer doesn't seem to matter to this company now. I had a Lids access pass account and in transition I lost all points. I know I'm not the only one having this problem but talking with their customer service has proven ridiculous and provided no solution. They post twitter, instagram, Facebook...
Showing Canadians things they can't purchase because of lack of availability. I realize Lids isn't the same anymore but this is a pathetic excuse for a way to treat its longstanding Canadian customers. I think they need to apologize to customers and put more effort into fixing this website problem soon.

markp110
August 1st, 2019

In the past week LIDS has posted 5 charges on my MCard that I did not make
This reduces my card credit limit and time calling LIDS and MCard
I was told by MCard that I'm not the only person this has happened to

Caveat Emptor BOYCOTT LIDS or other Fanativs sites
LIDS did this again Claim that over 200 dollars of purchases never went through before, This is their issue because of a computer glich
Customer service refuses to respond LIFS Canada is NOT Canadian Do not support FANATICS companies and their America workers They are based in Florida
Dont buy from LIDS

daniela246
September 21st, 2016

Waste of time ordering online. No way of knowing what is in stock. They do not update their inventory in real-time. After 12 days I receive a: "Thank you for your order! Unfortunately the item(s) are no longer in stock and will not be shipped". My fault for giving them a second chance (I had ordered a different hat before, only to receive the same the-item-is-no-longer-in-stock email days later). Now I have to order elsewhere after about a month of waiting for nothing.

thetrutha
June 19th, 2019

Lids is the worst organization for customer service I have ever encountered! I ordered two of the raptors hats online, and when I received them, one of them had a glue/semen stain going through the top of the hat. Not to mention a cheaper priced sticker on the hats than what we paid, by almost 10 dollars! Called customer service, after having to locate the number on a DIFFERENT website, because the official lids.ca site wants you to "chat" to an incompetent uncaring individual. I realized upon calling, that the whole company is FULL to the brim, of uncaring unaccountable individuals. DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM LIDS ANYMORE. Apparently they were bought up by another company, and they don't seem to care anymore about quality control or business ethics/accountability. The "representative" I spoke to was condescending and offered no real restitution. Spoke to the "supervisor" after that, and he was worse! (Yes, that's you "TJ") He informed me the Manager was away today (Tuesday at approx 1pm), and that there was no replacement! Fantastic Service! Stated he was flexible, then went on to be unflexible about everything. I repeat, I am a hard working, honest individual, who does not deserve to be treated like this, especially when the product that YOUR company advertised, was delivered without the proper quality control in place. They used to ship hats in a plastic bag, and with a return slip. Now they can't be bothered to do either, and believe they are "assisting" a customer by telling them were to download the useless form. I repeat. Do not buy from Lids if you would like a good product, and consumer accountability. Buy from ANYWHERE else. Literally.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Lids CA staff and other customers.

Shop lids.ca for official team gear like jerseys, t-shirts, hats & more from official leagues & brands. Find NHL hockey jerseys, hats, MLB jerseys and other team apparel. Free shipping on $60.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids CA?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.4
Have a question about Lids CA?