Lids CA

Lids CA has a consumer rating of 1.48 stars from 21 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Lids CA also ranks 21st among Hats sites. The most common issues with Lids CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Lids customer service said it was already processed and can cancel and issue return when shipped.
How would you rate Lids CA?

“This site is awesome”

Michael R.
10/23/14

This site is awesome. I wear a lot of ball caps and I'm constantly switching them out. This is the only place I'll get them from.

“Very Inconvenient”

Derrick B.
12/10/19

I used to like shopping on lids.ca, now it has become a joke. You have to pay for shipping you can't have it shipped to the store anymore. 14.99 for shipping is crazy. Tried to change an order and was told I need to return the item(which there is a cost associated ). Their customer service just says those are the rules and we have to follow them. I have been using Lids for years and years now, but no longer will be my choice for Hats.

customer service (7)
derrickb61
December 10th, 2019

Tip for consumers: Find a different Site or buy in store.

tomboya
May 31st, 2020
$#*!ING SCAMMER u even shipped it using Landmark Global??? THEY ARE THIEVES AND SO ARE YOU! WAAAH UR THE WORST ONLINE SHOPPING I EVER EXPERIENCED!! NO EMAIL? NO RESPONSE ON CALL?? FUUU!!!
michaelr104
October 23rd, 2014
juliep385
January 12th, 2020
I will no longer order on-line if you have to pay 14.99 to ship to store. That is horrible and at one time you were able to pick up at store for free, will find somewhere else to shop.
joeym85
April 21st, 2019
Since being bought out by Fanatics this company has become absolutely terrible. A few months back i purchased lids "access pass premium" and when fanatics took them over my acct stopped working (which my pass is connected to) 5 calls, 11+ transfers each time before reacting store support (im a consumer with no store number) and a few dozen tweets and DMs and nothing but a run around and dumb replies
williamj478
November 23rd, 2019
No cancellation allowed? I called lids a to cancel a order and was told you can not cancel a order after 30 minutes.its was 33 minutes after I ordered the item.

Don't waist your time online with then. There police stinks. I'm done with lids after many years.
johni273
November 29th, 2019
Lids Canada rip off their customers. 1 day prior to black friday 2019 an Egales long sleeve shirt was selling for $9.99. On black Friday the price increase to 15.99. Is this black Friday sale? Plus lids Canada does not offer free shipping anymore. These scums needs to respect their customers.
tedp79
December 12th, 2019
We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable.
Our Fan Services Chat Team is available 24/7. If chat is unavailable during this timeframe, we're just busy servicing other Fans. Please continue to check back here for our current chat status.
I finally contacted Lids Fan Chat service after seeing its shipping options for Free - Ship eligible to my area. I asked what Free - Ship eligible means and I was surprised by the lack of knowledge of the customer service representative. I was told you need to input the correct code for free shipping even though there was no code available at this time. The current sale offers did not have free shipping. I asked if they would have free shipping to store in Canada in the future but got no answer on that. It's misleading to state Free - Ship eligible if there is no such thing. Lids Canada charges $14.99 for shipping to my area. I don't think they ever offer free shipping, even with a discount promo code. See photos attached.
kinsleyv
November 17th, 2011
Great site and one time for shipping !! Will purshase again!
jasonf76
January 4th, 2017
Ordered two hats and shipped separately, when received the invoices had express shipping 20.00 for each item and still took 9 days to receive. When I returned them at local post office in Mitchell, Ontario 1,day was 13.87 and regular 3 days is 10.48 so why didn't they just ship both at the same time? And not even refunded me the 20.00 shipping... I wouldn't deal with them again.
gordt1
October 16th, 2019
Filed up my cart with several items for an upcoming trip. No pick up at store option just $15 shipping option. Cancelled entire order will go elsewhere. Terrible online business model.
patriciom3
July 4th, 2019
Never again! Why did i order my nba championship gears here. They said order will be processed june 25 which is 11 days after the last game. But 25th came and no update. I have to contact them so that the order will move. The reply, order will come before july 30th. Then i got an email july 2... then july 12th. They should let go of whoever handle their online store. They are the worst! Never again!
adrianas61
October 23rd, 2019
Blah! is all i have to say about this company and their service. Ridiculous shipping prices, no option to ship to store anymore. Plus lost all my points in the transition. Blah!
brandont69
May 22nd, 2019
Lost my access pass. Bought a jersey, processing took over 8 business days (still waiting). Issued a cancellation while still in processing. Lids customer service said it was already processed and can cancel and issue return when shipped. Yet , the product is still not shipped. Horrible Company!
chrish978
July 3rd, 2019
It's unfortunate but since Lids was acquired, prices/shipping costs have gone up to the point of me canceling my All Access Pass and finding my Hats from another supplier. 14.99 to ship a hat to New Brunswick with no option to ship to store? No thanks

Good luck, the old lids.ca is surely missed.
bradm176
April 10th, 2019
Ever since Lids merged with Fanatics it's been nothing but a hassle for loyal Canadian customers to get the products they want and deserve. The Lids Canada website says things are in stock or available in store but nothing seems to be correct about that.
Even when searching for an item online... all you get is... Oops. We couldn't find the page you requested and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Being a long loyal customer doesn't seem to matter to this company now. I had a Lids access pass account and in transition I lost all points. I know I'm not the only one having this problem but talking with their customer service has proven ridiculous and provided no solution. They post twitter, instagram, Facebook...
showing Canadians things they can't purchase because of lack of availability. I realize Lids isn't the same anymore but this is a pathetic excuse for a way to treat its longstanding Canadian customers. I think they need to apologize to customers and put more effort into fixing this website problem soon.
markp110
August 1st, 2019
In the past week LIDS has posted 5 charges on my MCard that I did not make
This reduces my card credit limit and time calling LIDS and MCard
I was told by MCard that I'm not the only person this has happened to

Caveat Emptor BOYCOTT LIDS or other Fanativs sites
LIDS did this again Claim that over 200 dollars of purchases never went through before , This is their issue because of a computer glich
Customer service refuses to respond LIFS Canada is NOT Canadian Do not support FANATICS companies and their America workers They are based in Florida
Dont buy from LIDS
daniela246
September 21st, 2016
Waste of time ordering online. No way of knowing what is in stock. They do not update their inventory in real-time. After 12 days I receive a : "Thank you for your order! Unfortunately the item(s) are no longer in stock and will not be shipped". My fault for giving them a second chance (I had ordered a different hat before, only to receive the same the-item-is-no-longer-in-stock email days later). Now I have to order elsewhere after about a month of waiting for nothing.
thetrutha
June 19th, 2019
Lids is the worst organization for customer service I have ever encountered! I ordered two of the raptors hats online, and when I received them, one of them had a glue/semen stain going through the top of the hat. Not to mention a cheaper priced sticker on the hats than what we paid, by almost 10 dollars!!! Called customer service, after having to locate the number on a DIFFERENT website, because the official lids.ca site wants you to "chat" to an incompetent uncaring individual. I realized upon calling, that the whole company is FULL to the brim, of uncaring unaccountable individuals. DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM LIDS ANYMORE. Apparently they were bought up by another company, and they don't seem to care anymore about quality control or business ethics/accountability. The "representative" I spoke to was condescending and offered no real restitution. Spoke to the "supervisor" after that, and he was worse!!! (Yes, that's you "TJ") He informed me the Manager was away today (Tuesday at approx 1pm), and that there was no replacement! Fantastic Service!!! Stated he was flexible, then went on to be unflexible about everything. I repeat, I am a hard working, honest individual, who does not deserve to be treated like this, especially when the product that YOUR company advertised, was delivered without the proper quality control in place. They used to ship hats in a plastic bag, and with a return slip. Now they can't be bothered to do either, and believe they are "assisting" a customer by telling them were to download the useless form. I repeat. Do not buy from Lids if you would like a good product, and consumer accountability. Buy from ANYWHERE else. Literally.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!

domg2
July 14th, 2017
They have no idea how to handle stock..3rd call went up to a Supervisor who had confirmed everything, then no confirmation email..4th call, oh sorry, out of stock..These guys are a joke..mickey mouse operation--do not waste your time..they won't be around for much longer..
rm224
July 4th, 2018
I ordered LA Kings Flag for the hockey play offs. Supposed to be delivered in 3 days, never came. I followed up and was told it was delivered to my community mail box June 6th... I never got it. Pursuing it via Lids was a nightmare, no one gave a darn and after opening service tickets with them I received emails saying Lids had looked at this, delivered, done, no further action will be taken. I called Canada Post June 20th to track missing parcel and got tracking number but only the sender can get information on missing parcel so I emailed the information to Lids.... as of July 4th still not a response from them. My neighbour who was in Europe for month just came to my door and handed me the flag it had been sent to his address in error. This was due to very feint print on the address and there was a hole punch through the street number on the label making it hard to know the difference between an 8 and 9. Still I was very happy to receive it in spite of the hockey play offs being long done. However, I am disappointed in the quality and colours of the flag. This is cheap fabric that I could easily have gotten off another web site for $3-8 with free shipping. I paid $39.54 for this flag and it is like crepe paper. DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND for this price and quality. Get it off Ali Express. they did not have one when I was looking but they do now and I guarantee you it is likely much better quality than this one for lot less $$. I emailed LIDS to advise I have finally got my package and what happened not that they will likely care. I also told them I will NEVER order anything from them again. I understand mistakes happen, parcels get lost etc.... but customer service, attitude stinks.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Lids CA staff and other customers.

Shop lids.ca for official team gear like jerseys, t-shirts, hats & more from official leagues & brands. Find NHL hockey jerseys, hats, MLB jerseys and other team apparel. Free shipping on $60.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids CA?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.5
Have a question about Lids CA?