LawnMowingOnline

LawnMowingOnline has a consumer rating of 4.19 stars from 354 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. LawnMowingOnline also ranks 1st among Lawn Care sites. The most common issues with LawnMowingOnline are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 16 hours

• Really appreciated how easy it was to book my lawn mowing job online, and job was well done.
  • I would definitely advocate this company to friends and family.

• When I canceled the order the second time, I received the following rude message from customer service.
  • I placed my order this Wednesday for the following day (yesterday) and the job was accepted.
How would you rate LawnMowingOnline?

“The best and most convenient lawn mowing service I have ever used!”

Natasha H.
9/24/16

LawnMowingOnline.com is a service I would highly recommend and will use time and time again. The service was fast, efficient, productive, and the people did a remarkable job. They are willing to go the extra mile to make me, the customer happy. I will never use another lawn mowing service again. I can not forget to mention the affordable price and overall convenience of being able to schedule online.

“Great if you can get someone to mow. But most times nobody will.”

Jim P.
5/20/20

This would be a great service if they actually had contractors who will pick up mows. I had used them a few times and it worked, but way too often, nobody takes the job, and now I'm looking for real lawn care services to do a job in a hurry. Great service in theory, but do not use them if you want dependability. Even at nearly $40, nobody took my easy job. Nevermind.

customer service (21) order (82) contractor (113) job (161) great service (16) day service (9) refund (34) company (47) lawn care (18) lawn mower (8) mowing service (14) time (114)
jimp513
May 20th, 2020
natashah22
September 24th, 2016
miltonj9
May 15th, 2018
Unable to cut my own grass this week. So I gave LMOL a try. Wow is all that I can say. Put job out that afternoon, got a hit that night. I did offer more than listed price but only by $8.00. Requested jopb to be completed in 2 days, contractor came out the next day. Communicating via "text" on site is safe and simple. Good, prompt work, gentleman was courteous and grass looks good. I will repeat.
mindyg28
April 16th, 2020
They took my payment days ago. The contractor NEVER came.
They don't have a phone # for complaints or concerns. They don't have anyway for the service or the contractor or the customer to communicate. But they sure can take your $$ fast!

Tip for consumers: Don't be scammed!

Mindy,

We are sorry that your order was not picked up by one of the contractors on www.LawnMowingOnline.com. We are actively working to recruit more contractors in your area so we hope in the future you will try our services again! Like ordering, customers can cancel at any time during the process for a full refund. Your order has been successfully canceled and the refund is processing. While we refund cancelled orders immediately, the bank of the card you used can take 5 to 7 business days to complete the refund process.

Thank you for your order.
franklinw33
November 24th, 2018
I like the idea of lawnmowingonline, but 20$ for a teeny tiny lawn seems kinda much. Or at least it should be absolutely perfect, but it ain't all the time. But it is very convenient when I'm feeling extra lazy
ohouda4
May 26th, 2020
we used this service previously and they were great. we placed 2 orders in the last 2 months and have to cancel both orders after 10 days due to no service and no response.
kims512
January 17th, 2019
I do not know how they stay in business? I requested my lawn be mowed LAST SUNDAY. It is THURSDAY. They took my money and no one ever came. I have booked lawn services on other sites and this has never happened?! I don't know if they do not have anyone in the area or what but then don't take people's money until you actually have someone then? Idk...no bueno. :(
tracyp18
July 6th, 2014
I have successfully used this service and would consider it again. However, I am dubious of all these reviews because they use the same language "contractor" which says to me that they are trying very hard to be sure that we know that this company is in the scheduling business and that they are not responsible for the quality or results. Secondly, they keep mentioning a tip in a specific dollar amount. Hardly subtle.
Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep
You said you have successfully used this service and would consider it again, so why do you think positive reviews are "dubious"? The positive reviews are all real, but some of the negative reviews are fake, left by contractors that were removed for taking orders but not finishing them.
donnab123
June 16th, 2016
My son-in-law was off on a trip and the lawn was getting too high for the grandkids to walk around in. So I called lawnmowingonline.com. They were v-e-r-y prompt, did a good job, I was quite pleased with the service. The website was easy to navigate as well. I'm very happy with the service and ease of use.
acural
July 29th, 2014
I was paid to leave a negative review and say all the positive reviews here are fake and to claim I am a real customer but I'm sorry I can not sell my soul like that like I see other people have done on here. I went to the website and listened to the phone calls and read the reviews and they seem to be helping a lot of people so I don't know why someone is trying to ruin this business but I hope the owners see this and figure out how to stop them.
ceciliam58
June 9th, 2019
I'm a lady that's still learning about home improvement and repairs, so figured I'd hire an expert instead of figuring it out on my own. Used Lawn Mowing Online service, found a contractor and everything went as advertised. Would use again!
kathleenr112
October 5th, 2018
I've tried to get bids twice for my yard which is 7500 sf. No one will even bother. I guess they are fine with tiny yards but refuse larger yards completely.
wendyz11
September 22nd, 2016
I have used it several times and all worked out well. I think it is pretty convenient.Except recently, I paid $27, but had to cancel the order due to an unforeseen reason before the job was accepted. After the cancellation, the job was accept. Then I sent a message through their website to the contractor. The contractor acknowledged and didn't performed the service.

Now I am waiting for my refund. I have sent them a few requests and it seems they are ignoring me...

I have other lawn service need and will only use them again if they will credit me back. I think any credible companies will take care of their customers so that their customers will come back. Then they can develop a solid base, especially for this kind of repeating business.

*********As of 9/25/2016, they have refunded my cancelled order. They also publish a new website. I think it is much better. It is more clear on cancellation policies, which are most of the conflicts come from.

I just placed 2 more orders. I tested 1 order for bid. Not a lot of experience yet. But my observation is, if you want to let contractors bid, place your price $2-3 lower than you desired price. Because the bids are all higher than your listing price. Anyway, I view this as positive since you can also pick your contractor using bid.
Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep
You have not cancelled the order on the website. It is very easy to cancel, just go to Contact Us, click Cancel Order and follow the instructions to fill out the cancellation and refund form.
ericf142
September 21st, 2018
Pretty simple, my lawn needed to be mowed, contractor accepted the bid, and didn't show up. Then they make you wait 72 hours to resolve the dispute, it's ridiculous.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the site

michaelp745
June 13th, 2018
I broke my hand, so I needed someone to mow my lawn. I thought this site could be the answer to my problem. They had no problem accepting my money, but I didnt get any communication after that. After three days of trying to get someone to mow my lawn, I just gave up and mowed the lawn with my broken hand. Thanks for nothing. Runnning a business requires more than just setting up a website. You actuallly have to provide the service you offer.
davidg264
May 3rd, 2016
Used this service several times, but the last time has been frustrating. Submitted a request for a mowing date a week out. They withdrew money from my account immediately but nobody ever showed up to mow. I submitted a request for refund, and instead of a refund, they rescheduled a mowing date which I did not want. I immediately sent a request to cancel that mow and requested a refund again. A mower showed up to mow, and luckily I was able to stop him before he got very far. A third request for a refund has still gone unanswered. My advice is to avoid this company because although it usually seems to work, in the event that there is a problem you'll never get it resolved. I will never use them again. Update: LMO online replies that cancellation was never received--but cancellation requests were submitted on their website. Obviously they're either not monitoring the website, or they are having technical problems. Second Update: LMO is obviously following these reviews because they have since directed me to the Contact Us page for cancellation instructions. (which I actually did try to follow the first time before just sending them a direct message on their website). Unfortunately the cancellation instructions there are not clear and seem to lead to dead end links. Furthermore, it's frustrating that now they're obviously aware of the refund request for service not performed that they don't seem to want to honor it. In summary, their website has basic functionality and is okay when things work. However, when there are questions or problems, their website functionality is sorely lacking with unclear instructions and incredibly frustrating to use. I originally rated this company two stars because I did use them a few times successfully before this fiasco, but I am very much tempted to reduce the rating to one star because at this point they seem more interested in arguing than actually solving my problem. My next step is going to be a complaint with the online Better Business Bureau because it doesn't seem like I'm going to get a refund for this service that was not performed.
Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep
You never cancelled your order. You still haven't. And you haven't told the contractor you wanted to cancel which is probably why he showed up to mow your yard. Only reason I know you cancelled is because you put your address on here in the notes for the business.
ginam144
June 1st, 2018
I have been using their service for a few years now to cut my elderly fathers lawn. It is about all he can afford and now I am disabled and unable to cut for him. They are unreliable. In addition they need to stop advertising for $19 sure this it what we were paying. But this last time all of a sudden they said the lawn went into bidding. The same guy who had just cut the time before for $24 plus I tipped now wanted $30 another guy offered a bid for $39. The professional landscapers only charge $35 and they do a beautiful job. Finally after 3 days of when the lawn was to be mowed a bid of $24 came in and I accepted. Well it has been 10 tens now since lawnmowing online accepted my payment terms at check out. My elderly father still does not have his lawn mowed. No one will contact you. Finally I received an email from the office stating I can cancel. But if I cancel I will not see my funds back for another 7 days. My father is on a fixed income he sets that money aside at the beginning of the month. He does not have the available funds to pay another mower and now the lawn is twice as high and will cost double that. My father is in tears he lives in a strict area where you are highly fined if the grass is too high. I just has part of my kidney removed in December and should not be in this heat but will have to mow on Sunday my day off. To me this is falsely misleading customers especially the elderly and disabled when they advertise at $19 and accept your payment at checkout and even give a mow date. Then next thing you know you are being high jacked for more money. I was told by the company I could wait it out until a lower price comes up which I did but no one showed up.
dawnm101
February 22nd, 2017
After placing my lawn mowing order I wasn't sure what to expect from this website I'd heard of, but I was blown away! I have just over an acre of grass in my yard, and mowing it is not something I look forward to at all, therefore I usually let the experts handle such a daunting task. LawnMowingOnline.com was proficient and it was so simple to place my order online. I got home from work one afternoon and saw that they had been there did such a wonderful job on my lawn, they've created a customer for life! Thank you for your hard work and proficiency LawnMowingOnline!
sonniem
June 15th, 2015
Verified purchase
Lawnmowing.com is a great and affordable lawn service!! I will recommend them to all my friends and family!!
tonyc89
August 21st, 2015
Just want to let everyone know, the customer service is subpar and discourteous as can be. When I wrote in to ask about the cancellation policy, apparently there is a $15 cancellation policy that is buried in the Terms of Service, the customer service rep wrote back "Yes, that is what you agreed to in the TOS," and left it at that. No explanation, no apology that it wasn't actually displayed on the "Cancellation" Tab on the front page or anywhere that a customer typically reads. Additionally, they have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, yet when I am dissatisfied, that guarantee apparently doesn't apply to me. Long story short, BE WARNED, there is a hidden cancellation fee of $15 if you try canceling within 2 days of posting the job, even if you try to cancel before anyone has accepted the job. Never recommending this company again.
Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep
cancellation fee is in 3 locations: TOS that all customers must agree to before ordering, the FAQs, and on the cancellation page

24. I placed a order and quickly cancelled and was charged a $15 fee, what was the fee for?
A: Cancellation fees are very common in service industry type businesses. Doctors, dentists, hair salons, moving companies and many other businesses charge fees if a appointment is cancelled within a certain time frame of when the service is being provided. So we adopted the same polices that those businesses do. If a person schedules services and cancels within 2 business days of the order being placed LawnMowingOnline reserves the right to charge a $15 fee. The policy has worked exactly as expected, more orders are getting accepted and mowed and fewer orders are being cancelled. Avoiding this fee is simple, just do not cancel within 2 business days of scheduling service. For example, if you order May 1st for mowing on May 2nd, do not cancel on May 1st, May 2nd (1 day) or May 3rd (2 days). The order can be cancelled on May 4th (3 days since May 1st) and there will be no fee. Of course by then the order will likely be accepted by a contractor and already mowed so there would no longer be any reason to cancel.

To make sure every customer knows about the cancellation fee it is listed in 2 places. It is listed on the Terms of Service page that all customers agree to before placing an order and the cancellation fee is explained in bold text and underlined on the cancellation page that all customers must fill out to cancel an order.
leea1
April 9th, 2017
The lawn mower guy did a pretty awesome job today. My lawn hasn't looked this nice in a long time!! Thank you, I look forward to using your service again.
adriav
September 24th, 2015
I tried using this service 2 separate times, both without success. When I canceled the order the second time, I received the following rude message from customer service.

LawnMowingOnline Support, Sep 24, 18:32:
We do not have slaves, if you order again add tips everyday to fairly compensate the contractors in the area.

I added a tip to my original order & was fairly compensating in my area. I have contracted lawn care services for the past 3 years, so I'm more than familiar with fair compensation.
Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep
You admit you have never had a successful order but you've tried twice. Clearly you're not offering the contractors in your area a fair amount if this keeps happening to only you but everyone else is getting their lawn mowed. If you do not want to offer enough to have your lawn mowed in your area then please, never order again. LawnMowingOnline does not have the ability to "force" someone to mow your lawn like you would apparently want us to do. Like it says, they are not slaves, they need to be paid a fair wage and you refuse to offer them a fair wage.
ashleyc100
March 15th, 2016
Tried using this site. Job remained pending for 48 hours... Once we tried to cancel they would only refund a "portion" of our money. Impossible to reach the company. They don't respond to emails. There's no phone number. Complete rip off... Use someone local and do your own research. Don't use these bogus websites.
Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep
Customer charged early cancellation fee. Fee is in 3 locations: TOS that all customers must agree to before ordering, the FAQs, and on the cancellation page

marab5
February 22nd, 2016
Good service. Very happy!
deej20
May 30th, 2015
I will define to tell everyone I meet its just like uber and Lyft very convenient .

Wow, guess I'm not needed, didn't know we had so many fans on here. Of course there's a few customers that have been ban from the website that are complaining but they're just mad we don't provide them service anymore because they're horrible people ;)