LawnMowingOnline

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
2.9 / 5

LawnMowingOnline has a consumer rating of 4.18 stars from 357 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with LawnMowingOnline most frequently mention next day, great job and several times. LawnMowingOnline ranks 2nd among Lawn Care sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 66.7%

• I will definitely keep booking my lawn mowing service through them.

• If this were a just world, then their pathetic website, terrible customer service, and predatory (and illegal!)
How would you rate LawnMowingOnline?

“Great solution for mowing lawns”

Dominique M.
11/18/21

I actually have a very huge backyard. It's so huge that it may take a half of day to me to mow the lawn on the backyard. So, as we live in the world of progress and I thought that it would be better to pay someone for mowing lawns, because I can't physically do it. I'm so tired after my work, that I don't have enough time to dedicate it mowing lawns. So, I foudn this service and found out that they can help you with mowing lawns for money. It's pretty good and I decided to order a human who would mow my lawn. Everything was done pretty quick, even quickly then I did and I recommend this service to other people.

“Great if you can get someone to mow. But most times nobody will.”

Jim P.
5/20/20

This would be a great service if they actually had contractors who will pick up mows. I had used them a few times and it worked, but way too often, nobody takes the job, and now I'm looking for real lawn care services to do a job in a hurry. Great service in theory, but do not use them if you want dependability. Even at nearly $40, nobody took my easy job. Nevermind.

lawn mowing (38) customer service (21)
dominiquem56
November 18th, 2021

davidg264
May 3rd, 2016

Used this service several times, but the last time has been frustrating. Submitted a request for a mowing date a week out. They withdrew money from my account immediately but nobody ever showed up to mow. I submitted a request for refund, and instead of a refund, they rescheduled a mowing date which I did not want. I immediately sent a request to cancel that mow and requested a refund again. A mower showed up to mow, and luckily I was able to stop him before he got very far. A third request for a refund has still gone unanswered. My advice is to avoid this company because although it usually seems to work, in the event that there is a problem you'll never get it resolved. I will never use them again. Update: LMO online replies that cancellation was never received--but cancellation requests were submitted on their website. Obviously they're either not monitoring the website, or they are having technical problems. Second Update: LMO is obviously following these reviews because they have since directed me to the Contact Us page for cancellation instructions. (which I actually did try to follow the first time before just sending them a direct message on their website). Unfortunately the cancellation instructions there are not clear and seem to lead to dead end links. Furthermore, it's frustrating that now they're obviously aware of the refund request for service not performed that they don't seem to want to honor it. In summary, their website has basic functionality and is okay when things work. However, when there are questions or problems, their website functionality is sorely lacking with unclear instructions and incredibly frustrating to use. I originally rated this company two stars because I did use them a few times successfully before this fiasco, but I am very much tempted to reduce the rating to one star because at this point they seem more interested in arguing than actually solving my problem. My next step is going to be a complaint with the online Better Business Bureau because it doesn't seem like I'm going to get a refund for this service that was not performed.

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

You never cancelled your order. You still haven't. And you haven't told the contractor you wanted to cancel which is probably why he showed up to mow your yard. Only reason I know you cancelled is because you put your address on here in the notes for the business.

tracyp18
July 6th, 2014

I have successfully used this service and would consider it again. However, I am dubious of all these reviews because they use the same language "contractor" which says to me that they are trying very hard to be sure that we know that this company is in the scheduling business and that they are not responsible for the quality or results. Secondly, they keep mentioning a tip in a specific dollar amount. Hardly subtle.

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

You said you have successfully used this service and would consider it again, so why do you think positive reviews are "dubious"? The positive reviews are all real, but some of the negative reviews are fake, left by contractors that were removed for taking orders but not finishing them.

jimp513
May 20th, 2020

natashah22
September 24th, 2016

LawnMowingOnline.com is a service I would highly recommend and will use time and time again. The service was fast, efficient, productive, and the people did a remarkable job. They are willing to go the extra mile to make me, the customer happy. I will never use another lawn mowing service again. I can not forget to mention the affordable price and overall convenience of being able to schedule online.

tonyc89
August 21st, 2015

Just want to let everyone know, the customer service is subpar and discourteous as can be. When I wrote in to ask about the cancellation policy, apparently there is a $15 cancellation policy that is buried in the Terms of Service, the customer service rep wrote back "Yes, that is what you agreed to in the TOS," and left it at that. No explanation, no apology that it wasn't actually displayed on the "Cancellation" Tab on the front page or anywhere that a customer typically reads. Additionally, they have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, yet when I am dissatisfied, that guarantee apparently doesn't apply to me. Long story short, BE WARNED, there is a hidden cancellation fee of $15 if you try canceling within 2 days of posting the job, even if you try to cancel before anyone has accepted the job. Never recommending this company again.

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

Cancellation fee is in 3 locations: TOS that all customers must agree to before ordering, the FAQs, and on the cancellation page

24. I placed a order and quickly cancelled and was charged a $15 fee, what was the fee for?
A: Cancellation fees are very common in service industry type businesses. Doctors, dentists, hair salons, moving companies and many other businesses charge fees if a appointment is cancelled within a certain time frame of when the service is being provided. So we adopted the same polices that those businesses do. If a person schedules services and cancels within 2 business days of the order being placed LawnMowingOnline reserves the right to charge a $15 fee. The policy has worked exactly as expected, more orders are getting accepted and mowed and fewer orders are being cancelled. Avoiding this fee is simple, just do not cancel within 2 business days of scheduling service. For example, if you order May 1st for mowing on May 2nd, do not cancel on May 1st, May 2nd (1 day) or May 3rd (2 days). The order can be cancelled on May 4th (3 days since May 1st) and there will be no fee. Of course by then the order will likely be accepted by a contractor and already mowed so there would no longer be any reason to cancel.

To make sure every customer knows about the cancellation fee it is listed in 2 places. It is listed on the Terms of Service page that all customers agree to before placing an order and the cancellation fee is explained in bold text and underlined on the cancellation page that all customers must fill out to cancel an order.

miltonj9
May 15th, 2018

Unable to cut my own grass this week. So I gave LMOL a try. Wow is all that I can say. Put job out that afternoon, got a hit that night. I did offer more than listed price but only by $8.00. Requested jopb to be completed in 2 days, contractor came out the next day. Communicating via "text" on site is safe and simple. Good, prompt work, gentleman was courteous and grass looks good. I will repeat.

ceciliam58
June 9th, 2019

I'm a lady that's still learning about home improvement and repairs, so figured I'd hire an expert instead of figuring it out on my own. Used Lawn Mowing Online service, found a contractor and everything went as advertised. Would use again!

armadog
November 26th, 2021

My backyard is a good size. It's so large that mowing the backyard lawn might take me a half day. It, because we live in the age of progress, I concluded that paying someone to mow my lawns would be preferable because I am physically unable of doing so. I'm so tired from work that I don't have time to mow the yard.

franklinw33
November 24th, 2018

I like the idea of lawnmowingonline, but 20$ for a teeny tiny lawn seems kinda much. Or at least it should be absolutely perfect, but it ain't all the time. But it is very convenient when I'm feeling extra lazy

donnab123
June 16th, 2016

My son-in-law was off on a trip and the lawn was getting too high for the grandkids to walk around in. So I called lawnmowingonline.com. They were v-e-r-y prompt, did a good job, I was quite pleased with the service. The website was easy to navigate as well. I'm very happy with the service and ease of use.

dawnm101
February 22nd, 2017

After placing my lawn mowing order I wasn't sure what to expect from this website I'd heard of, but I was blown away! I have just over an acre of grass in my yard, and mowing it is not something I look forward to at all, therefore I usually let the experts handle such a daunting task. LawnMowingOnline.com was proficient and it was so simple to place my order online. I got home from work one afternoon and saw that they had been there did such a wonderful job on my lawn, they've created a customer for life! Thank you for your hard work and proficiency LawnMowingOnline!

llllk
September 28th, 2014

What a great idea this is - but really poor execution and dependability. I loved that you could schedule on line and pay through PayPal. But overall this service is average at best. It stared out ok (probably first 3 mows) and then just got unpredictable and sloppy. They either didn't show up at all (and I always tip) or they showed up a week in advance of when you scheduled the mow. You can't depend on it and can never get the service on a schedule. I have contacted customer service more than once, with no response. They always want you to deal with the mowers when in fact, it is their company and customer service should always be a top priority.

Tip for consumers:
Probably ok for a one-time job. And they did refund my money when I had to cancel due to no-show.

wendyz11
September 22nd, 2016

I have used it several times and all worked out well. I think it is pretty convenient. Except recently, I paid $27, but had to cancel the order due to an unforeseen reason before the job was accepted. After the cancellation, the job was accept. Then I sent a message through their website to the contractor. The contractor acknowledged and didn't performed the service.

Now I am waiting for my refund. I have sent them a few requests and it seems they are ignoring me...

I have other lawn service need and will only use them again if they will credit me back. I think any credible companies will take care of their customers so that their customers will come back. Then they can develop a solid base, especially for this kind of repeating business.

*********As of 9/25/2016, they have refunded my cancelled order. They also publish a new website. I think it is much better. It is more clear on cancellation policies, which are most of the conflicts come from.

I just placed 2 more orders. I tested 1 order for bid. Not a lot of experience yet. But my observation is, if you want to let contractors bid, place your price $2-3 lower than you desired price. Because the bids are all higher than your listing price. Anyway, I view this as positive since you can also pick your contractor using bid.

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

You have not cancelled the order on the website. It is very easy to cancel, just go to Contact Us, click Cancel Order and follow the instructions to fill out the cancellation and refund form.

andread30
October 10th, 2014

I used this service on and off for a couple of years and was usually very pleased with the price and quality of service. However, I will never use them again because I ordered lawn service two weeks ago and included a generous tip. I waited 3 days and the job was still not accepted by a contractor. So, I added more money to the already generous tip. A few days later, the job was still not accepted and I received an email to add yet another tip to encourage a contractor to accept the job. Also, while having to wait several days for a contractor to accept the job, my yard was becoming an eyesore and the grass was getting high so it was going to cost even more money. I also felt the tips that I had already added were more than generous and I didn't want to end up having to pay for a very expensive lawn service by having to keep adding tips! I cancelled my order and have still not received my refund.

Tip for consumers:
The comment left by LawnMowersOnline Rep is untrue!! I added a $7 tip when I placed the order, then added another $3 tip a couple of days later when the job was not yet accepted.. then added yet ANOTHER $3 tip which was a total of $13 for a tip!! And the job was still not accepted after waiting a few more days so I cancelled because I was sent an email encouraging me to add more money so that a contractor would accept the job! I will NOT spend a fortune in tips just to get my grass mowed!

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

Customer placed an order and it was not taken. After a day she added a $3 tip. Contractors in the area still did not think the $3 tip was enough so the order was still not taken. She then filed a cancellation and refund request that takes 5 to 7 days. Rather than wait for the refund the customer filed a complaint with Paypal. Paypal concluded the investigation and released the payment back to LawnMowingOnline.com. Customer filed a new cancellation request and is waiting the 5 to 7 days for the refund.

LawnMowingOnline has no way to force people to mow the property. This is why the tipping feature was added, at the request of customers, because they liked the convenience of ordering online and the prices but if a contractor didn't take the order what could they do? There was no way to encourage someone to mow. So the tipping feature was added so customers could add tips to encourage someone to take the order and mow. And it's been incredibly popular, thousands of dollars in just tips have been added to orders. One customer added a small tip every few hours until the order was accepted. A bit extreme but the lawn was mowed. They are independent service providers, LawnMowingOnline.com can not force them to mow, the website only makes the orders available to them and they decide what orders they want to accept, and usually it's money motivated, they decide completely based upon how much the order pays, but they also know they are competing with other contractors so it does not take much to have an order taken. Every time a tip is added the order is sent back out to the contractors with the new amount. They are NOT told a tip was added, only the new total, because if it said a tip was added then some contractors might wait until tips were added to orders before accepting. Instead all they see is the total payment amount and the order details. Multiple tips can be added if one tip is not enough.

She has ordered at least a dozen times and has added tips in the past since the price on our website is not enough for the contractors in her area, not sure why this time she decided not to compensate the contractors enough to have the lawn mowed.

cm861
May 29th, 2021

I found this website with high expectations. I waited all day and nobody showed up. I'm having a gathering which is why I needed my lawn mowed in a hurry. I sent emails and nobody has yet to respond. I will not use this service again.

mindyg28
April 16th, 2020

They took my payment days ago. The contractor NEVER came.
They don't have a phone # for complaints or concerns. They don't have anyway for the service or the contractor or the customer to communicate. But they sure can take your $$ fast!

Don't be scammed!

Mindy,

We are sorry that your order was not picked up by one of the contractors on www.LawnMowingOnline.com. We are actively working to recruit more contractors in your area so we hope in the future you will try our services again! Like ordering, customers can cancel at any time during the process for a full refund. Your order has been successfully canceled and the refund is processing. While we refund cancelled orders immediately, the bank of the card you used can take 5 to 7 business days to complete the refund process.

Thank you for your order.

leea1
April 9th, 2017

The lawn mower guy did a pretty awesome job today. My lawn hasn't looked this nice in a long time! Thank you, I look forward to using your service again.

enlianl
October 18th, 2014
Verified purchase

After the mowing the grass looked uneven. The concrete surfaces were not cleaned. Sometimes the mower didn't show up without sending a message.

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience with LawnMowingOnline. Did you let the contractors know they were doing a poor job each of the 7 orders you placed? I looked back at some of your more recent orders and I do not see any messages left, if you do not let them know there is a problem they can not correct it.

brianh176
November 2nd, 2016
Verified purchase

The online scheduling and payment makes maintaining my lawn as easy as checking my email and the next day service allows me to enjoy my yard at any time I want. Out of the 7 times I have used LawnMowingOnline.com I have received prompt service each time from professionals with an eye for detail and the drive to please. Plus, it is significantly cheaper than my old service. Professionalism, reliability, and affordability makes this the best mowing service ever!

ohouda4
May 26th, 2020

We used this service previously and they were great. We placed 2 orders in the last 2 months and have to cancel both orders after 10 days due to no service and no response.

rikkis3
April 17th, 2015

My first experience with this site was not the best but not the worst. I placed an order for services on the site but scheduled it on the wrong day. The contractor that accepted the bid, notified me of the date and said if it was a mistake that i needed to cancel it and re-order. So i went out on the site, order service on the correct day and went thru the process of cancelling the first one. BTW you pay for the services when you scheduled so i was now out $80 instead of $40 but since it was my fault I understood. I was contacted by lawnmowingonline.com via email (there is no phone numbers to call) that basically said i needed to message the contractor and tell them i was canceling the wrong date so i did and he accepted. I went the the cancellation process 2 more times before i received an automated response saying it was being review. I waited a few more days and made my 3rd attempt, still no cancellation or refund and no respond from company. After the 6th attempt to cancel and get my money back i filed a claim on paypal to see if that would actually get their attention. So far it has not and is still in limbo... It has taken 10 days to actually get the service cancelled on their website and after 14 days i still do not have a response to any of my emails with the exception of the "automated" responses. I am still hoping at some point i will actually get my $40 back but not sure if this is EVER going to happen as there is no human interaction on this website.
As far as the lawn service goes, it actually went pretty flawlessly. My grass was high due to all the rain, so i paid for the extra service and contacted the landscaper to let him know. My only complaint is that the landscaper left quite a mess in my backyard and did not weed eat around my trees very well. He also seemed to take more pictures of the before rather than the after. The site does not say you have to have your yard free of dog droppings, although i am sure this is a common courtesy, but i had relaxed in cleaning it up over the winter and after all the rain my grass was too high to even see it but the contractor took it upon himself to pick some of it up and leave it on my porch. Although i realize i should have picked it up not sure why he didn't just leave a message saying it rather than leave it on my back patio. It seemed like he ran over all of it except for the few he wanted to leave as a message. Just seemed a little passive aggressive.
I paid him his money and even gave him a little more for the tall grass but was not impressed by behavior whether or not he was right or wrong.

MY REPLY TO COMMENTS FROM LAWNMOWINGONLINE.COM
Again, I did contact the contractor twice during this process. I contacted him first when we both realized i scheduled the service on the wrong day. He told me to cancel and sign up again so i did. Lawnmowingonline.com said please contact the contractor to let him know. And yes, neither one of us want a contractor to show up and not get paid. So i contated the contractor again and then tried to cancel again. I did not hear back from lawnmowingonline.com so i tried to send another cancellation. I did not hear back from lawnmowingonline.com again and finally felt i had no choice but to try and get a refund from paypal. The scheduled lawn service was not cancelled until after i contacted paypal.
Yes, the joke is on me because now the money is paid, the service is cancelled, paypal declined to give me my money back because this is a service and not an item and no i still do not have my refund. No i did not go out on the internet and look for reviews for your company. It seemed legit, wasn't too expensive, seemed easy to schedule and i loved that the contractor actually contacted us before and after so I had no idea that i would not get my money back if i needed to cancel for any reason. If lawnmowingonline.com had contacted me before i filed with paypal and said i could get a refund in 7 days there is no reason on this earth that i or anyone else would not have accepted that so i find it silly that you would even mention that in your post. I would have even taken a credit towards another lawn mowing at a date of my choosing but that was not offered either. What i find more disturbing than anything is the fact that the only reason i wanted to cancel and get a refund is because i accidentally scheduled it on the wrong day. Now that paypal has declined to return my money, i am curious why lawnmowingonline.com has not offered to refund my money. Why be passive aggressive responding to my simple and honest review with snarky commentary? If at some point you actually do the honest act of returning my money for cancelled services, I will be more than happy to offer a new review to say after both parties learning a few lessons, we came to a mutual agreement and my $40 was returned. At this point I learned a good lesson, I do not have any lawn service scheduled for any pending dates, and i am out $40.

Lawn M. – LawnMowingOnline Rep

Customer did cancel several times, but only because the first time she forgot to tell the contractor not to mow. How embarassing if the money was refunded and the contractor arrived and mowed and we had nothing to pay him with! So we told the customer to please tell the contractor the order was cancelled and then cancel again. She did, and order was cancelled. Cancellations take 7 days. Customer was told cancellations take 7 days. Customer did not want to wait 7 days so she contacted Paypal. Paypal likes investigations. Very long investigations. And while they're doing investigations they don't want anyone touching the money. So they freeze it and hang on to it while doing the investigation. They're still doing their investigation, and probably will be for a long time. Since we don't want cancellations hanging in limbo we delete cancellations when the customer contacts Paypal and tell the customer that too, through Paypal, that they should file a new cancellation request after Paypal is finished investigating. Moral of the story is to never contact Paypal for a refund because they don't give refunds, you'll have to ask us for one and you'll get a refund from us. But if you read the negative reviews you'll see this isn't the first time someone thought Paypal would give them a quick refund, not sure why people believe Paypal is better than us? We didn't get hundreds of wonderful reviews by hanging onto refunds.

marcih6
April 8th, 2018
Verified purchase

Thank you for making my yard look so amazing! I will definitely refer LawnMowingOnline.com to my friends and family.

kims512
January 17th, 2019

I do not know how they stay in business? I requested my lawn be mowed LAST SUNDAY. It is THURSDAY. They took my money and no one ever came. I have booked lawn services on other sites and this has never happened?! I don't know if they do not have anyone in the area or what but then don't take people's money until you actually have someone then? Idk... no bueno. :(

momj
February 13th, 2018

Customer service is a big deal to me, Lawn Mowing Online has a quick response and turn around time. YES, Hire them today!

Wow, guess I'm not needed, didn't know we had so many fans on here. Of course there's a few customers that have been ban from the website that are complaining but they're just mad we don't provide them service anymore because they're horrible people ;)