LA Fitness International reviews

Tel: +1 949-255-7200
chiefprivacyofficer@lafitness.com

johnd2241
2/10/19

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR PERSONAL TRAINING FROM LA FITNESS.
LA Fitness facilities are OK but their Personal Training is a major ripoff. They charge major bucks for training and then pay the trainers next to nothing. As a result trainers leave with high regularity. In 6 months we had 4 different trainers with large gaps in between while LA Fitness searched for replacements. We ended up receiving only half of the promised training and LA fitness refused to issue any refund.
LA FITNESS PERSONAL TRAINING SCAMS THE CLIENT AND THE TRAINER.

christineb332
12/18/18

Worst customer care ever, I've been lied to since the very beginning. Even the BP denied receiving email communication with proof. I called everyday for the manager for 2 weeks straight and everytime I got a run around and I was told I would be followed up with and was never called back. I canceled and they kept charging me in false charges. Save your time energy and money go anywhere else

alexd231
12/3/18

I paid up front for a 3 for 2 kind of deal. I paid an amount total for 2 years but and the concept was clearly explained to me as "paying up front of 2 years and I'd get the 3rd free." I knew I'd be here a while but they also gave me access to every non-signature gym in the nation which has also worked out great! Gyms have been relatively clean and equipment that breaks is usually fixed in a timely manner. Anyone who goes often will have enough options to choose if other machines are broken or occupied.

Tip for consumers: Go into the location, they are always willing to find you a negotiable deal.

meryg1
11/15/18

I like la fitness facilities and I used to love the group instructors, the body works plus abs class was always full, unfortunately jayde has been the instructor for about 3 months she is the worst instructor, we tried to talk to her but she doesn't care, she just said that we are not fit ( I have been exercising for 20 years) , management should notice that only 6 or 7 people attend her classes. The only reason I am still a member is because Rakia is teaching once per week ( her class is full)

bobbis22
6/29/18

I'm reviewing the La Fitness in Edmonton, AB - 186th st. nw location.

I went in two months ago to get a membership and start personal training. I sustained an injury and I had hoped that personal training would get me back on my feet. When I came in to look at the memberships everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful, the manager for the trainers told me that I come first as the client, that they will make sure I am taken care of.

I am put with a trainer whom I enjoyed working out with, he was funny, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Well this past Sunday during our session I was informed that he had applied and did an interview for a different job. He told me at that time he didn't know if he got the job or not. I'm okay with that, if you found something you love to do and can do it, go for it. My mistake was expecting that this trainer and the manager of the trainers would conduct themselves professionally.

Boy was I wrong!!

I get a call yesterday two hours before my scheduled session to tell me that my trainer wasn't feeling well. Okay no problem, then I was informed that yesterday was his last day. The information didn't quite hit me right away. Because someone who is a professional, a company who claims their clients are extremely important to them wouldn't pull such a bull ***t move.

No a professional would have given two weeks notice, that's what this trainer should have done. He should have given me two weeks notice, not two hours that he was leaving. THEN the manager should have insured that I was transitioned to another trainer with the same skill set so that it was seamless and I wouldn't miss any sessions.

Well, when the receptionists information sunk in I told her that I needed to speak with the manager to sort out my training situation. Because as of that moment, I have five months of personal training sessions and no trainer. I leave the message with my phone number and then I hear nothing back. So I go in today to sort things out, the manager shrugged his shoulders, he F**** shrugged his shoulders when I told him that I no longer have a trainer. He couldn't care less about the situation.

His response, "So pick another trainer."

I don't know any of these trainers, their skill sets!!! It's NOT my job as a client to pick a trainer! I told him that, he acted like I put him out, he set me up with a guy he said wasn't like the trainer I had but in a pinch he'll do.

No apologies, nothing, they conducted themselves in a highly unprofessional manner and they didn't care. If I wasn't tied into this damn place for the next five months I would drop them faster than a bad habit!

AVOID THIS GYM!

edr93
4/9/18

I have been a patron of LA Fitness (Brampton Ontaro) since it's opening many years ago. I was initially a member at "Bodyworks" Brampton which was taken-over by La fitness. My wife and myself both have memberships.

I've always heard members complain of the service at La Fitness. The complaints I've heard include: The company not honoring suspension notice, not honoring cancellation notice, account payment issues, bad customer service. We came and went without any major issues of our own. This all changed today.

Today Monday April 9th 2018, about 1030am, I went to La Fitness at Brampton / Airport for a workout. This would have been my third work on a comeback attempt, having been out of the gym for several months ( my account was being paid during these abscent months).

I was scanned in my the person at the desk "Mo" and walked in. I was called back by Mo, telling my that there was no telephone # on file and my info needed to be undated. I told him on my way out I'll get that done. He reply that I could not go in because because I had an NSF payment of $28 and could not go in to work out.

I told Mo that was not possible and I'll deal with it on my way out. He insisted that I return to the counter, telling me openly that my bill wasn't paid and I could not work out. I returned to the counter. I informed Mo that there must be some mistake because, I'm absolutely sure my payment account can handle a $28 payment. His manager who come over the the front counter informed my that my payment for Sunday April 8th 2018 was declined. I signed into my banking app and pointed out to them that there was no transactions recorded for April 8th. I told them I didn't have much time and they would have to wait until the bank posted Sunday's transactions to provide any information.

I then left the counter to proceed to my workout, "Mo" called me yelling 'pay our bills, you can't go in or he'll have to call the cops'. I told him to do what you have to and continues to the excerise bikes'.

A few minutes later, a gentleman who introduced himself as a VP, came to the bikes and ask me to see him after my workout to rectify my issue. I rode for 5 more, however was in no mode to workout. I left the gym and went directly to a nearby branch. I spoke to a bank official who printed out my statements Going back 8 months. There's was no NFS for LAF over that period. There was also no transactions yet processed for Sunday April 8th. I was also told by the bank that there must be something wrong on LAF's end because there was more that enough to cover $28.

I also took to printed statements back to LAF to show, no transactions was posted for $28. Spoke to the VP, he insisted that LAF had a very good systems and they don't make this types of mistakes. I told him making the mistake was not the issues. I told him, I felt insulted and humiliated by his customer service agent discussing personal information in public. Due to my history with LA Fitness, the simply thing to do was allow me to finish my workout and direct me to see an agent to privately discuss the issues. I told him, I didn't need to felt harassed about a $28 payment, he told me I was not being harassed, his agent Mo was only doing what he was trained to do...
TIME TO FIIND ANOTHER FITNESS FACILTY....

larryr62
5/2/17

LA Fitness advised I could freeze my account if I would be gone for a month. When I asked about starting the freeze period I was told no one was there to help me. Staff did not take my name or pass on a message to anyone to contact me to get it set up. I did not use the facility for over a month and called to get the freeze started from the time I was not able to use it as I had earlier requested. Was told they could not go back and freeze or credit my account. Even when it was their fault for not getting it done when first requested. They further advised me they could only do it beginning with next billing cycle which is 13 days away. Ok but no one told me this when I signed up with the club. I asked to talk with a manager and was transferred to corporate in California and talked with Evelyn who was unwilling to take responsibility for not getting freeze in a timely manner or accommodating me in any way. I was only asking for a $19 credit but apparently the money is more important to LA Fitness than taking care of their customers or providing good customer service. It seems this attitude comes from the top at corporate in Irvine California. Very disturbing and not the kind of company I like to do business with. I did not check reviews before signing up but am surprised at the multitude of negative reviews and absence of positive reviews. I will be switching to another fitness center asap.

angelam91
3/10/16

Lack of instructors for the cycle classes makes the membership not worth it. I've emailed corporate and there has been no resolution!! Very unhappy stuck paying $44 a month for 2 memberships.

melai5
2/23/16

I had members for my 2 boys in Burnsville, MN. After one year I wanted to terminate my service coz we were moving. Customer Service insisted that I should freeze my account and gave me his email address to proceed once I travel. I sent email but no reply. After 3 month they have been still taking money from my account then i was told by his supervisor that the email service doesn't even work. I requested to terminate my service again and to be refunded. It took another 2 month to sort out after going back and forth. I was insulted and humiliated by the customer service and his supervisor was aware he didn't even apologize.. All I asked was to deactivate my membership and refund the money that was withdrawn from my account with out my approval. At last I had to call USbank to block them. So don't do direct payment if you have to deal with LA fitness. Once you want to cancel it is a huge deal to get rid of them.

sudannil
4/3/15

La fitness make it so hard for you to cancel your personal training but to sign up for it was so easy,bad staff ,and always trying to trick people for their money

albertk21
2/26/14

Considering I don't pay that much for the membership, From a cost to service ratio. I would give it a 4 star rating. I don't think any gym could get a 5 star unless you had a lot of money and had a very swanky club. So for what it is, a normal working class gym. I would say it is pretty good. BUT... the thing is, depends on what club you go to. There are some ghetto ones that I would avoid but there are pretty decent ones that are on par with some more expensive-type gyms out there. All in all, I've had a good experience with LA Fitness and would recommend them to others... or wait, maybe I shouldn't because then the gym gets busier... just kidding. ALSO!!! they have raquetball courts! A big plus in my book.

mikee15
1/22/13

I like the fact they are all over but i dont like the cookie cutter equipment. Where are the cross fitness equipment and kickboxing bags?

gremliking
9/24/12

Bad Staff.

joshuak4
2/1/12

Never sign up for them. They automatically drafted my account 2 days earlier than the contract stipulated and when they over-drafted me, they drafted 2 more times! I tried to get the manager at 67th Avenue and Peoria in Glendale to reimburse me. But he said that he couldn't. So I told him to cancel the account and give me a cancellation receipt. Two months later they attempted two more drafts at the full price and wouldn't reimburse me even though I had already cancelled and I even had a receipt. Terrible Customer Service.

williama
1/8/09

Fitness Center Fails to Disclose Lower Rates Available - I had a bad experience with LA Fitness Forest Lane Location in Dallas, Texas. They failed to disclose lower available rate and their web site offered no recourse.

Questions? Get answers from the LA Fitness International staff and other customers.

LA Fitness International?