KiwiPhoto.nz

KiwiPhoto.nz has a consumer rating of 4.49 stars from 234 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. KiwiPhoto.nz also ranks 218th among Electronics sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 92.6%

• but the customer service is kinda slow and there are no or it has a late confirmation and tracking number email.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate KiwiPhoto.nz?

“So easy to find what I was looking for and your prices...”

Noel W.
1/2/20

So easy to find what I was looking for and your prices are way better than anywhere else! Will definitely be back and definitely be recommending to others!

“Bad customer service”

Erina W.
12/19/19

I purchased a camera from Kiwiphoto for Christmas. They processed the order 2 weeks ago a few days after I made it online. I've been waiting anxiously for it to be shipped. 8 days later I call them to find out a tracking number and they tell me the order was cancelled due to insufficient funds (they made CC payment 3 days after the order). I needed this by Christmas. CS told me he will make sure I get it by then. 2 days later I call waited 20 minutes on hold to speak to customer service and they have said it will take another 10 days to be sent from Ireland! I needed this last week. 25 days later hopefully I will get it! Very annoying and inconvenient. Good price but Bad customer service! I would have been better off waiting for boxing day sale and getting one from NZ where the warranty and repair fits.

customer service (3)
noelw29
Noel W.
January 2nd, 2020
johng2179
John G.
October 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
It is not clear from the KiwiPhoto NZ website that this is actually an American based company. However I had a great trade. Good value and safe delivery by DHL.
stevec625
Steve C.
June 17th, 2019
Verified purchase
Arrived, everything was in box, and intact. The box itself looked like it had had a hard time lol. Really great value. Yet to use, just got it, but looks amazing
erinaw1
December 19th, 2019
christopherp270
CHRISTOPHER P.
December 11th, 2018
Verified purchase
Poor. I did not receive an order confirmation after ordering and was unable to contact kiwiphoto by phone or email, causing me to think I had been scammed. This is unacceptable and the reason I will never shop here again.
johns2019
John S.
March 26th, 2019
Verified purchase
Great site but could I recommend more Camera bundles similar to what is available on Amazon? I think there are a lot of people out there looking for mainly entry level cameras that come with all they will likely need. Not having this is no problem for me but it may help boost sales. Thanks.
fleurk
Fleur K.
October 20th, 2019
Verified purchase
Awesome price, my son will be so happy on his birthday! Haven't tried the product yet though as it's not his birthday until the end of the week. Hopefully he loves it.
sonalit1
SONALI T.
September 9th, 2019
Verified purchase
Quick and easy. Just want to be able to speak with somebody on the number provided. Wanted a few queries answered before taking the plunge.
karens904
Karen S.
June 9th, 2019
Verified purchase
Great prices. Can't wait to get the lens. I am off for a weekend of photography on 7 June.

I order Thursday 30 May and my purchase arrived Tuesday 4 June. That was a day earlier than estimated and was 3 business days from order to delivery. The track and trace was brilliant. Peter at customer service was awesome. The whole experience was great.
simonw352
Simon W.
February 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
We are not satisfied at all with our sons purchase of a drone. As the product does not work because of a faulty battery and there is no way to speak to Kiwiphoto as they are US based.
They make out on their website to be NZ based but it's not.
I would never recommend them to anyone.
And our son is pretty upset that he saved up for this drone and now it won't work. It's a lot of money for a child.
judithv23
Judith V.
March 4th, 2019
Verified purchase
Nice range of stock. Well laid out site

Two glitches - one was being sent an email saying they could not contact them by the phone number I gave them and asking me to ring a toll number which took a long time to answer - ie I was waiting for someone to take me off hold - on the very phone they said I never answered which was never rung.

Second was an offer for a 32GB card if I did ring that number - and which I never got.
stephanev6
stephane V.
January 19th, 2019
Verified purchase
this web-site is not in new zealand, they sold me an old obsolete computer from 2012, I had to pay a technicien $ 300 to make it work. worst ever shopping experience in my life, do not follow me, do not buy from them. I made a legal complaint with New Zealand consumer org. It might be the end of it.
kays176
Kay S.
May 30th, 2019
Verified purchase
Was surprised to find that items were not in stock within New Zealand but shipped from the US. The site is called KiwiPhoto and even had an Auckland based phone number, so it appears to be a local company. Apart from that, pretty hassle free shopping, thanks.
andrewh416
Andrew H.
May 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase
Oh my GOD!!!! Do not deal with these clowns!!!! I purchased a camera that was "in-stock", the debit my paypal as normal... a week went by and they debited it again!!! They then for no reason refunded one payment with NO explanation and still I am out of pocket as clearly their account has no money to refund!!!!!!

There is ZERO coherent communication and what there is is one-line stuff, and a NZ 0508 number to call that is NOT manned at all, just an answer machine, trust me I tried every hour for 24 hours! The correspondence you get back via email is so minimal and un-helpful there is no point even engaging with these guys!

So now I see the camera is STILL in stock, but they have hiked the price up! So two weeks later and numerous tries to get one of my NZD $1399 payments back, I'm still out of pocket! Just do NOT deal with them, it's just not worth it, by far the most unpleasant e-commerce experience I have had ever and I buy a LOT of electronics ex-overseas!
pf30
P F.
February 13th, 2019
Verified purchase
very competitive price even compared to overseas, easy ordering, rapid delivery, taxes and customs charges all inclusive, what's not to like so far?
clairew64
Claire W.
January 13th, 2019
Hi There

Although the camera has been delivered, I am not satisfied at all for two reasons.

1 - When asked if I wanted the additional battery offer you had on, I said I needed to speak to my business partner before making that decision as it is a work camera and I will let them know by the end of the day. When I called back, they had already sent it and said we couldn't have it even though the guy said he would wait for my response.

2 - You are KiwiPhoto, as in a New Zealand service... however the camera has come with a Canadian plug and a British adapter so we cannot charge the camera.

I rate the service and expectations as below average and I am not happy about it. If I didn't need the camera so much I would have returned it.

Regards
Claire
sylviel12
Sylvie L.
July 30th, 2018
Verified purchase
Great experience. Fast delivery. When I purchased was thinking I was doing so in an Auckland company to realise later I was dealing with a US registered company that made me feel unease. Should I cancel...some web site state might be dodgy.....Happy I didn't has the parcel arrived within 10 days with all the goodies well package... Now completely trust that company and will deal again with them.
Sylvie, Wellington
katem518
Kate M.
April 30th, 2019
Verified purchase
Very happy customer. Ordered arrived within a week and is great value for money. Will certainly shop here again. No issues at all
xymont
Xymon T.
December 22nd, 2018
Verified purchase
The product was good, good price! but the customer service is kinda slow and there are no or it has a late confirmation and tracking number email.
dr229
D R.
June 26th, 2019
Verified purchase
Hi, I tried ringing numerous times to only get an answering machine. I then just went through with my order unable to get assistance my end as the email I received said to ring the number that I had been numerously to not be answered.
abhishekl3
Abhishek L.
November 27th, 2018
Verified purchase
I've been unable to find this product elsewhere in NZ. I was going to buy it overseas but came across your site. If this goes well, i'd happily recommend you to my friends and family.
keithh205
keith h.
August 30th, 2018
Verified purchase
I must admit I was a bit worried about the purchase, but, I am very pleased with the sevice and product.

Good and thank you.
Keith
davem283
Dave M.
July 19th, 2018
Verified purchase
I have not received the item I purchased nor have Kiwiphoto responded to my request for order confirmation or a full refund. It now has been weeks and have concerns I will be out of pocket considerably.
211 additional ratings and reviews were submitted through Shopper Approved, but only the most recent reviews above 100 characters are displayed.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the KiwiPhoto.nz staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KiwiPhoto.nz?

Have a question about KiwiPhoto.nz?