Jaco Beach Realty reviews

Tel: (506)8860-5555
info@jacobeachrealty.com

philz2
5/18/16

I called Jaco Beach Realty, operated by Ronald Artavia, to book an upscale property in the well known Los Suenos Resort in Playa Herradura, Costa Rica. I was referred by a friend that that said Mr. Artavia would secure the best rental rate. This "friend" attempted to book the same deal with Mr. Artavia a few months earlier but had his reservation canceled just a few days prior for what was described as water damage from a dishwasher. The "manager" apologized and promised pictures of the incident as evidence. The pictures never arrived so I was leery from the start. However, my deposit was small and I booked this condo at a considerable discount. When I arrived, it was clear the condo was not up to par with similar units. The worst part was the Air Conditioning system was down. Naturally I requested that the problem be fixed or that a different condo be available to me. Long story short, the matter was not resolved and Mr. Artavia refused to refund my deposit. Do yourself a favor and stay away as another reviewer has warned.

michaeli2
2/17/11

It was great to have this company to help us find a home in Jaco Costa Rica, since the moment the agent Ronald Artavia Picked us at the airport, to the moment we moved our furniture from USA to our new home, their service went beyond Real Estate Services, beyond expectations. THATS THE WAY A REAL ESTATE AGENT SHOULD WORK

joyj
2/3/10

JACO BEACH REALTY is listed in various places on the web for real estate sales in Costa Rica. The owner of this site, RONALD ARTAVIA is being sued for fraud and theft of funds.
My personal experience: i do not speak spanish. I went to the bank with RONALD ARTAVIA to open a bank account in Los Suenos. (a Marriott Resort) for the purchase of a house in Jaco Beach, but the money actually went into HIS bank account instead of mine. I was given an account number (which happened to be his) with the deposited amount.
When i returned to U.S. I tried to access my account. The bank said I had a 'zero balance'!
I tried to icontact him immediately. His website was removed for months, but i see his picture was back up again.
I lost my life savings of $214,000.
I talked with a man from California that was sold a piece of property on the beach by RONALD ARTAVIA that wasn't for sale. He lost his money $36,000.
Another man said he bought an ocean view farm from RONALD ARTAVIA that belonged to an Americanwho knew nothing about a sale of his property, nor had any contract with RONALD ARTAVIA. He lost down payment of $60,000.
He sometimes sells the same property to several people.( I cannot substaniate this)..this is only what i have heard from local town residents.
He also claims to have an 'escrow' account. Authorities say a special permit is needed for this.
There is not a snowball's chance in hell of ever recovering a dime of it!
BEWARE OF JACO BEACH REALTY AND RONALD ARTAVIA!! He uses different names now. But there is a current picture of him on his website if you are thinking of doing business there, avoid him.

BEWARE OF JACO BEACH REALTY in COSTA RICA. it is run by a person (no license is required thre to sell real estate) who is a native citizen. His name is Ronald Artavia Castenada. (He also goes by several other names. He mostly preys on Americans and Canadians looking to retire there. BEWARE OF THIS THIEF!!! I was introduced to him by another person in San Jose by the name of Arturo Guzman. (Website Pacific Properties). Instead of my money going into a bank escrow account, to buy property, it went into his personal account. I have not been able to recover my $2l5,000 from Scotia Bank after a year.

By Joy J.
Questions? Get answers from the Jaco Beach Realty staff and other customers.

Jaco Beach Realty?