JacksSmallEngines reviews

Jarrettsville, MD 21084, US
Tel: 1-877-737-2787

dales166
11/16/18

they shipped the wrong part and I called customer service and he was extremely rude, condescending and unprofessional. Because they sent the wrong part my feeling was that they should pay for the cost of returning. They refused despite their mistake. First and last time customer. As a consumer there are too many other choices to be treated so shabby Wish I had read these reviews first.

jamesb1327
10/30/18

Ordered a brand new engine cost over $450.00 and waited for 8 days to get any response when will it be shipped.
Called 5 times and checked online still pending and finally shipping it out?
Another 5 business days?!
Website 2-4 days for delivery and this how you treat me? You should of shipped over night for the troubles I went thru... the engine was in stock and no special order. I own a construction business and time is money.
Thanks but no Thanks!
I'll take my business back to "Small Engine Warehouse "

garyv60
10/8/18

I ordered a carb gasket from them that cost 4.75. They charged me $7.75 for shipping a gasket that could fit in a standard enveloper from the post office for $.49.

alexw16
9/5/18

"I ordered some Mower belts using their website recommendations for my made and model and received the wrong products. Not only that I had to pay the shipping charges of the return, I was also not refunded the total amount I paid. They made a mistake and they made me pay for it. So I lost 35 dollars on the total purchase of $65.00 I will not recommend doing business with these Jacks"

joes710
9/12/17

I ordered my part Aug 14, it was shipped Sep 11. I still have not received it. I was not informed the part was not in stock and believe I should have been. Ordered from another online source and received it the same week. I will not order from Jack again. I bet the five star on this page was a review done by Jack himself.

dennisb140
9/4/17

If you are over 60 order may not arrive in time,VERY SLOW said was in stock at time of order then notified had to come from factory,Order August 7th advised order was shipped Aug.22nd.Lost that customer.

rodr311
7/8/17

July 8. What an absurd business. Apparently they don't have stock. They just order what you order. NOT knowing this, and believing the "most items ship 2~4 days" line, I placed an order on June 7, i received a backorder notice two days later, stating expected shipping in a week. Every week I get the same notice, another week. I think I'm the fifth backorder delay now. Pathetic. Further, I placed another order with them on July 6 for a basic idler pulley. I just received a backorder notice for it too, saying estimated shipping on the 22nd!! How utterly useless of a business. Try to save a couple dollars, end up costing you weeks if not months, in delays. And that's provided they ever ship ANYTHING I've ever ordered from them.

alleno12
2/27/17

Firmly believing Jack had my parts in stock, I went ahead and ordered.
Unfortunately, my assumption was wrong.
Fortunately Jack knew where to order them from.
Unfortunately, I could have done the same thing, in less time, leaving Jack out of the equation.

I watched, as every day, my order got moved further and further back.
Fortunately after about a month, I finally got notice that my order had shipped.
Unfortunately they decided to ship it to my PO box with UPS. (Fail)

I will say that I did save a few dollars with Jack's, but if you have a horse and wagon, you might be better off traveling across the USA to Maryland, and picking it up yourself.

lb71
5/13/16

2 days after my order, Jack's emailed me to call them before they could process my order. When I did, they REQUIRED that I send them a copy of my driver's license "so that they could be sure there was no fraud". WHAT?!?!?! There was nothing about that on their website, nothing when I placed the order, nothing in their email. But now they had my credit card info and I'm afraid of THEIR fraud. This is DISHONEST. No business has ever asked for a copy of my driver's license. My husband and I are both lawyers - no one should give Jack's their driver's license, and no one should order from them. We cancelled the order. But we've now lost 3 days in getting the equipment we wanted, and they still have our credit card info.... Truly absurd!

anastasiop1
12/29/15

free shipping is not free with this company you will get a phone call back saying they need $ 50 for shipping

davep14
7/9/13

Stay far away from this company unless you like rude uncarring customer service. The person who answered my call Linda had no clue what good customer service is all about. Will never do business with this untrustworthy company

kevinu
6/21/10

Jacks small engines is the worst company I've ever done e-business with. I ordered a starter for my mower on April 19th, 2010 and it was defective when i received it. I sent it back to them for a refund and still to this day (June 21, 2010) i have yet to hear from them. I have emailed 3 times- no reply, I have called 5 times- can't get through (always busy). The have good prices, but at what cost? Charge a little more and hire some people! Your customer service is TERRIBLE! Check this company out before you buy from them!

gordonf
1/14/10

Very knowledgeable staff, helped me find what exactly the parts I needed, prompt shipping, good experience, have used more than once.

Questions? Get answers from the JacksSmallEngines staff and other customers.

JacksSmallEngines?