Review of Insulation4Less

See Today's Specials!
Order Online

winstonm26
5/19/19

I used your product on the inside of my Quonset shop. (wood arches) I ran the sheets vertical. I have a wood heater, as well as a 50 foot radiant tube heater. It is amazing how well this product works. I was not quite finished the insulating procedure, this winter, and you could see on the outside of the building where the insulation stopped. All the snow was still on the roof that was insulated. The areas that were not done yet, had melted away. I used Prodex on the inside of my well house as a vapor barrier. and R 12 fiberglass behind it. I used a radiant cove heater on a thermostat. No problems with freeze up, and always dry when I checked it during the winter. I used it on a dog house with a heat lamp and a thermostat as well. The light was off most of the time.... until the pups chewed the curtain to shreds. Inside the shop with the wood heater going, and when you stood in the corner opposite the stove, you could feel heat reflecting on the back of your neck. within 20 min, you could work comfortably in a T shirt. I plan to purchase more of this product for my next project.

carlw154
5/6/19

We have a 79 year old house. We tore all the plaster out of. There was 2 layers of bricks and studs but NO existing insulation ever put in this house. We have completed the second room and are beginning to gut the third. AMAZING - that's how we feel about your product. The incredible difference in going between the completed rooms and the rooms not yet torn down. If we wouldn't have experienced it we never would have believed it. Just put another order in to complete the remaining rooms. I think we're going to be a repeat customer for years to come. We have told any of our friends about your product!

Order V47011

robertf584
4/29/19

What a Difference! The yurt stays warm & cozy in the cold and cool in the summer heat. It came quick. No nonsense.

rhondav22
4/27/19

I did a lot of research on the net. I know what I wanted to do, but did not know exactly how to achieve it; until I contacted Insulation4less. The sales person on the phone was really nice, and very knowledgeable about my re-roof project. I am not a roofer; this was a project with a few friends; and a weekend. The old, house's tin roofing was removed revealing open purlins. Prodex insulation was tacked loosely and draped just prior to installing each sheet of new tin. It was inexpensive (per r-value), easy, and fast to install. It really smoothed out the old warped wood, giving it a very nice appearance. After being installed in, in east Ohio, I noticed an immediate drop of several degrees upstairs. This winter it is really warmer without the gas bill going up at all, compared to last year. The old attic already had about 19-12 inches of cellulose, which I had blown in about 1980, so I really had time to experience the difference between old and new. I really believe this product has paid for itself already.... Order V47974

kevinp305
4/26/19

This co is selling a product they claim on their site to be R-22 Do not Believe this its actually less then 2 I wanted to send it back as it was delivered ant my expense and they said no returns. also they said good luck disputing the credit card payment.. Completely unprofessional. And misleading advertisement

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
The following will help you understand Mr. Kevin Perron. He sent us the following email when we asked him to show us where we misrepresented something: “I have a better idea anyway.. Eat a $#*!! see ya online.” His disgusting language was edited by this website.

Ironic, his use of the term “unprofessional”.

What value is a review disputing an R-value if the review fails to support its claim ?
What value is a review from someone that has NOT used the product?

Unlike fiberglass and cellulose, we link all values posted to the parameters of the testing. We’re more transparent than other insulation types. Mr. Perron is merely regurgitating propaganda from “wolves in sheep clothing” (disguised pitchmen that host blog sites pretending to be energy experts).

The following information is supported and can be easily verified with a google search:

“The parameters of the R-value test for fiberglass and cellulose insulation involve no moisture or wind. Even in the desert there is humidity. All buildings and houses leak air and water. Water vapor from the atmosphere, showers, cooking and even breathing move back and forth through the walls and ceiling. Those of you in humid areas may lose half of your R-value with fiberglass or cellulose insulation.” For more see page: https://www.insulation4less.com/insulation4lesstechnicalarticles-267-reflective-insulation-fact-vs-fiction.aspx
robertl804
4/26/19

I usually don't write a review before I get the product. But that's the problem. Between Insulation 4less and the trucking firm I have yet to receive my product. When they tried to deliver the product it was not what I ordered and while the trucker was here his dispatch called and said the wrong order was shipped to me and bring it back in. I reached our to Customer service with Insulation4Less and all the would do email me. What's wrong with making a call and let me know what's going on. To find out any thing I had to email them as they would never follow up. Here it's been over a week and I have yet to get my order. They are good at taking your money but not helping when an issue comes up. I hope I get my stuff someday. I would suggest finding this insulation from another supplier.
I don't know why they need your order number when you write a review as they don't contact you anyway. Customer Service is the worst I have ever seen.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Facts:
Order placed on April 9.
Order delivered on April 24 – Only 3 business days more than the website states is the typical delivery time for LTL shipments. When you consider the fact that this was an order that had to be rerouted due to a shipper's error, that’s impressive.
Our customer service responded immediately to ALL his emails. If he disputes this fact we will provide email evidence of response times.

We provide facts minus hyperbole. Our facts are backed up by a written record.
In regards to his complaints about having to email. In today’s world of “alternate facts” a vendor is well served to have a written record of what occurred and when.
roberts1832
4/17/19

I've had my building for over 30 years and can't believe I waited this long! I live in one of the hottest places in the country and the inside of my building has never been this cool this time of the year. My neighbor just insulated his building with 8" fiberglass and sheet rock and he couldn't believe my building was cooler than his. Order 45992

damionc10
4/15/19

My old metal building was yucky. I knew I had to do something different on my new building so I ordered Prodex Total. It does exactly what the website says it'll do. I stay cool inside and I don't have a drip problem. That's what I wanted and that's what I got. I ordered 8 rolls and they arrived in a week. I plan on also using it in my crawlspace. Order Number V43151

laurenb218
3/18/19

Great product. I took a while to finally pull the trigger and order, but I'm glad I did. The fiberglass was falling down in my shop. The 10M is the one I went with. No more drip in my building.Order Number V47652

toneyh19
3/13/19

Prodex is in my pole barn, the roof of my guest house and in my crawlspace. It worked great in my pole barn so I figured I'd use it in the other applications. It muffles the sound of rain and keeps it much cooler what used to be a hot guest house. I didn't want to deal with mold in the crawlspace which is the reason I used it there.

janinea13
2/11/19

I installed proddex before adding a metal roof on my home. It has made a huge difference in temperature. I definitely recommend it.

garryh42
2/9/19

We add the Prodex Fast Action to almost all the metal buildings we sell. Our customers are happy with it and it adds value to our buildings. We only sell fiberglass to a few customers now. Prodex is a much better fit for metal buildings.

madisonp42
2/2/19

I have used the Prodex 48" inch on an existing pole barn ceiling and walls. I also used it on my wooden hunting cabin. It did a wonderful job sealing and insulating the barn and the cabin, and also reflects the light very well. Order #46820

eliasn9
1/31/19

This is a horrible company to deal with. When I questioned the shipping charges I get a rude, unprofessional response and am berated like a villain. The customer service responded with this quote verbatim " You agreed to the brief easy to understand terms - period. If you didn't like the terms you shouldn't have purchased. That's how adults proceed. We will block your email address. We won't see any more of your responses. Your adolescent opinion has become tiresome. Grow up. The terms of purchase were buried in some obscure tab in fine print and included no returns for any reason including damaged or incorrect product. So once they get your money you are toast with this company and they will dump you like a lead balloon. BEWARE and don't buy from this company.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
FACTS:
1. He agreed to the charges twice in the shopping cart. Then after his order shipped, he wrote the following:
"CANCEL this order as I don't want to deal with your outrageous prices."
2. Our terms of purchase are NOT “obscure tab in fine print”.

In addition to the Terms of Purchase being DISPLAYED IN FULL (no scrolling required) in the shopping cart, you’ll find the Terms on the bottom left of EVERY PAGE of the website:

"To speed up delivery, processing of your order is immediate. Labels are printed instantly and orders can be loaded on to trucks in a few minutes. We are not able to cancel or modify an order once loaded onto a truck because it is almost impossible to find your insulation rolls on a truck full of identical insulation rolls. These are OVERSIZED shipping items. We do not get a special return shipping rate. Our pricing structure does not include the costs of return shipping, restocking and administrative fees associated with return requests. All orders are final. No refunds will be granted. We do not guaranty a delivery date and are therefore not responsible for costs associated with a project delay. If you are concerned with any application, please consult your contractor or code official prior to purchase. Please make sure you have selected the product and quantity that best meets your needs.

3. The Terms DON'T state, nor can any company make you pay for wrong or damaged products. No credit card provider wouldn’t honor such a charge.

4. We have an “A+” BBB rating and and excellent rating on this site for a reason - Obviously, we live up to our agreements. It’s unfortunate that some consumers don’t feel they need to live up to theirs :(
destinyb18
11/18/18

I installed Prodex in my pole barn last fall. Previously I had water dripping. It made a huge difference. I can work in there without an umbrella:) I am going to buy more for my crawl space.

jimmyv20
10/25/18

WARNING!!!!! Do not order from this sight. They have a number to call for customer service, you have to leave a message or email. I have a shipment that is lost that was shipped from insulation4less.com I have a very hard time communicating threw emails on a lost shipment, then when I received and answer they told me its on it way? still didn't come. I reached out again to the seller and they told me they did everything right and that it was the shippers fault. I have been getting a big circle jerk. When I asked for a refund they refused and that I am wrong??? Also has delayed my job very bad company, they don't respect clients I still have not resolved this issue, So people take your chances and hopefully you wont get burned like I did!!!!!

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Facts:
1. He placed order on October 11. He submitted the negative review on October 23 - it became public on October 25. HIs review was submitted 8 business days from his order date. Our shipping page and the order confirmation email state: “LTL shipments typically arrive in 8 business days.
2. His shipment is not lost. The shipper routed it to the a terminal that does not serve his delivery area. We communicated with the customer on Oct 18, 20, 22 and 23. The communication of October 23 read:
"Note from the shipper:
I am working with Old Dominion and with National Delivery to have this picked up and moved asap. If all goes as planned for pickup today, freight should be delivered by Thursday the latest. I apologize for the delay and issues this has caused but know we are diligently working on getting shipment moved out for delivery.”

Facts do not require hyperbole.
peterm539
9/23/18

Thank you for a GREAT product. ! Easy to install, This is the best insulation product that I have ever used. After the installation I used the silver tape around all the edges and the end- result looks very good.
With the sun heating up our metal double garage door, with a 95 degree outside temperature, this insulation drastically reduced it on the inside .Excellent quality material, easy to install ,and a good price. Excellent client service with a quick responds. We received 9 ft less than was ordered and the company send us 20 ft to make it right. I highly recommend this product and the company to anyone.
Peter Mourik, Provo, Utah

jimc436
7/31/18

I used Prodex in 2 of my metal pole barn applications and it has performed flawlessly.
I used fiberglass r 13 in one application and it has had mold issues within 6 months
I am now tearing off finished walls and killing the mold then installing Prodex

dales116
5/2/18

i was very skeptical when i bought over the internet the insulation for a steel building that i already had built. The building in the summer is like a microwave and in the winter like a freezer. I bought the insulation and installed it which is very easy to install. Right away i noticed the difference when the sun was out and also hot out the building was nice and cool. I would recommend this to anyone. I used the Prodex total 10.

tomc218
4/1/18

I have used Prodex to insulate my interior basement walls from the cold. This has worked out very well for me and has kept my energy bills to a minimum . Now I would like to use Prodex to insulate my home floors to increase the efficiency of my radiant heat.

billr116
3/18/18

This insulation is so easy to install,and makes a huge difference. The garage is so much warmer now.

johnh852
3/9/18

Used the 6x100 to do two layers against the 2500 gallon water tank, then two layers of 2 4x8 foam board, two more layers of this 6x100 roll foil foam foil, then 3 more layers of 2 x4x8 on. Making the total insulation thickness 11 all with taped joints.
This was done on all 6 sides ( bottom, sides, ends and top.) causing a heat loss of 1 degree in 28 days. A NASA design, done with thermo couples between all layers.
Recorded. This is our MTS (mass thermal storage) of aprox 30,000 lbs for winter
Radiant heat stored. Max temp obtained was 172 degrees. (Radiant runs 110-130 degree. Abode in New Hampshire. All your hot water and heat. Replenished with a
4.5 meter (14) solar Concentrator SolarBeam by solartronenergy.com.

Tip for consumers: Great product, worth every penny in return value with the increasing energy costs...example 1977 home heating oil was 32.9 cents a gallon, now around $3.00 gallon. Buy extra insulation will return many times over. Look at history on energy prices!
Johnny h

scotts485
3/6/18

With the use of a 320 dollar infra red imager I was able to apply this product (13/64ths) foil foam in layers and man it really stacked up . My studies show that if you use this product, the (foil foam) in layers that R values of 125 can easily be had within a 2X6 wall cavity and you cant spray foam a 2 by 6 inch stud with anything known to achieve a 125 R value. And 7 to 8 layers in the wall yielded an impressive R value of between 65 and 70. The comfort alone is worth every dime. But on top of it our house stays more moist in the winter time and was the first time our skin was not dried and itchy and no nose bleeds.. I'm glad I took the time to do research on this product. from an energy efficiency stand point it is one of the best products ive every used. and lastly mastering its uses can be life changing it is not an exaggeration the thermal imager don't lie

duanek12
1/9/18

I installed the prodex in my attic over the existing insulation and has made an extreme difference in heating and cooling my home.

davidb849
1/8/18

I use their products through out my projects from the crawl space and basement floors, to all my walls, and I even install it in attics.

Sounds good. Please see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-7-Roofing-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

We think you'll be fine.

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

I honestly don't know. It is used on garage doors and water heaters, I would try it.

By Lee G.

Yes. See page: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-35-Van---Sprinter-or-Cargo-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Yes, Prodex Total is designed to prevent condensation in metal buildings and pole barns - Please see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-20-Pole-Barn-Insulation.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Everything posted on the website is accurate. Please click any R-value for the parameters of the testing and regulation. Please also email sales@Insulation4Less.com for a more complete response including a technical pdf that may be helpful with your building department.. Provide the width, length and height of building. Let us know if your sheeting is on already. Helpful page on understanding R-values: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-267-Reflective-Insulation-Fact-vs-Fiction.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Hi, Please see this page for install instructions: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-1-Attics-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

Hi, please send your question to Sales@Insulation4Less.com Thank you

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Please see install instructions on page: https://www.insulation4less.com/installation-methods.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Any of the Prodex rolls would be great. For a more detailed response email: sales@insulation4Less.com

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Insulation4Less staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Insulation4Less