Review of Insulation4Less

See Today's Specials!
Order Online

laurenb218
3/18/19

Great product. I took a while to finally pull the trigger and order, but I'm glad I did. The fiberglass was falling down in my shop. The 10M is the one I went with. No more drip in my building.Order Number V47652

toneyh19
3/13/19

Prodex is in my pole barn, the roof of my guest house and in my crawlspace. It worked great in my pole barn so I figured I'd use it in the other applications. It muffles the sound of rain and keeps it much cooler what used to be a hot guest house. I didn't want to deal with mold in the crawlspace which is the reason I used it there.

janinea13
2/11/19

I installed proddex before adding a metal roof on my home. It has made a huge difference in temperature. I definitely recommend it.

garryh42
2/9/19

We add the Prodex Fast Action to almost all the metal buildings we sell. Our customers are happy with it and it adds value to our buildings. We only sell fiberglass to a few customers now. Prodex is a much better fit for metal buildings.

madisonp42
2/2/19

I have used the Prodex 48" inch on an existing pole barn ceiling and walls. I also used it on my wooden hunting cabin. It did a wonderful job sealing and insulating the barn and the cabin, and also reflects the light very well. Order #46820

eliasn9
1/31/19

This is a horrible company to deal with. When I questioned the shipping charges I get a rude, unprofessional response and am berated like a villain. The customer service responded with this quote verbatim " You agreed to the brief easy to understand terms - period. If you didn't like the terms you shouldn't have purchased. That's how adults proceed. We will block your email address. We won't see any more of your responses. Your adolescent opinion has become tiresome. Grow up. The terms of purchase were buried in some obscure tab in fine print and included no returns for any reason including damaged or incorrect product. So once they get your money you are toast with this company and they will dump you like a lead balloon. BEWARE and don't buy from this company.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
FACTS:
1. He agreed to the charges twice in the shopping cart. Then after his order shipped, he wrote the following:
"CANCEL this order as I don't want to deal with your outrageous prices."
2. Our terms of purchase are NOT “obscure tab in fine print”.

In addition to the Terms of Purchase being DISPLAYED IN FULL (no scrolling required) in the shopping cart, you’ll find the Terms on the bottom left of EVERY PAGE of the website:

"To speed up delivery, processing of your order is immediate. Labels are printed instantly and orders can be loaded on to trucks in a few minutes. We are not able to cancel or modify an order once loaded onto a truck because it is almost impossible to find your insulation rolls on a truck full of identical insulation rolls. These are OVERSIZED shipping items. We do not get a special return shipping rate. Our pricing structure does not include the costs of return shipping, restocking and administrative fees associated with return requests. All orders are final. No refunds will be granted. We do not guaranty a delivery date and are therefore not responsible for costs associated with a project delay. If you are concerned with any application, please consult your contractor or code official prior to purchase. Please make sure you have selected the product and quantity that best meets your needs.

3. The Terms DON'T state, nor can any company make you pay for wrong or damaged products. No credit card provider wouldn’t honor such a charge.

4. We have an “A+” BBB rating and and excellent rating on this site for a reason - Obviously, we live up to our agreements. It’s unfortunate that some consumers don’t feel they need to live up to theirs :(
destinyb18
11/18/18

I installed Prodex in my pole barn last fall. Previously I had water dripping. It made a huge difference. I can work in there without an umbrella:) I am going to buy more for my crawl space.

jimmyv20
10/25/18

WARNING!!!!! Do not order from this sight. They have a number to call for customer service, you have to leave a message or email. I have a shipment that is lost that was shipped from insulation4less.com I have a very hard time communicating threw emails on a lost shipment, then when I received and answer they told me its on it way? still didn't come. I reached out again to the seller and they told me they did everything right and that it was the shippers fault. I have been getting a big circle jerk. When I asked for a refund they refused and that I am wrong??? Also has delayed my job very bad company, they don't respect clients I still have not resolved this issue, So people take your chances and hopefully you wont get burned like I did!!!!!

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Facts:
1. He placed order on October 11. He submitted the negative review on October 23 - it became public on October 25. HIs review was submitted 8 business days from his order date. Our shipping page and the order confirmation email state: “LTL shipments typically arrive in 8 business days.
2. His shipment is not lost. The shipper routed it to the a terminal that does not serve his delivery area. We communicated with the customer on Oct 18, 20, 22 and 23. The communication of October 23 read:
"Note from the shipper:
I am working with Old Dominion and with National Delivery to have this picked up and moved asap. If all goes as planned for pickup today, freight should be delivered by Thursday the latest. I apologize for the delay and issues this has caused but know we are diligently working on getting shipment moved out for delivery.”

Facts do not require hyperbole.
peterm539
9/23/18

Thank you for a GREAT product. ! Easy to install, This is the best insulation product that I have ever used. After the installation I used the silver tape around all the edges and the end- result looks very good.
With the sun heating up our metal double garage door, with a 95 degree outside temperature, this insulation drastically reduced it on the inside .Excellent quality material, easy to install ,and a good price. Excellent client service with a quick responds. We received 9 ft less than was ordered and the company send us 20 ft to make it right. I highly recommend this product and the company to anyone.
Peter Mourik, Provo, Utah

jimc436
7/31/18

I used Prodex in 2 of my metal pole barn applications and it has performed flawlessly.
I used fiberglass r 13 in one application and it has had mold issues within 6 months
I am now tearing off finished walls and killing the mold then installing Prodex

dales116
5/2/18

i was very skeptical when i bought over the internet the insulation for a steel building that i already had built. The building in the summer is like a microwave and in the winter like a freezer. I bought the insulation and installed it which is very easy to install. Right away i noticed the difference when the sun was out and also hot out the building was nice and cool. I would recommend this to anyone. I used the Prodex total 10.

tomc218
4/1/18

I have used Prodex to insulate my interior basement walls from the cold. This has worked out very well for me and has kept my energy bills to a minimum . Now I would like to use Prodex to insulate my home floors to increase the efficiency of my radiant heat.

billr116
3/18/18

This insulation is so easy to install,and makes a huge difference. The garage is so much warmer now.

johnh852
3/9/18

Used the 6x100 to do two layers against the 2500 gallon water tank, then two layers of 2 4x8 foam board, two more layers of this 6x100 roll foil foam foil, then 3 more layers of 2 x4x8 on. Making the total insulation thickness 11 all with taped joints.
This was done on all 6 sides ( bottom, sides, ends and top.) causing a heat loss of 1 degree in 28 days. A NASA design, done with thermo couples between all layers.
Recorded. This is our MTS (mass thermal storage) of aprox 30,000 lbs for winter
Radiant heat stored. Max temp obtained was 172 degrees. (Radiant runs 110-130 degree. Abode in New Hampshire. All your hot water and heat. Replenished with a
4.5 meter (14) solar Concentrator SolarBeam by solartronenergy.com.

Tip for consumers: Great product, worth every penny in return value with the increasing energy costs...example 1977 home heating oil was 32.9 cents a gallon, now around $3.00 gallon. Buy extra insulation will return many times over. Look at history on energy prices!
Johnny h

scotts485
3/6/18

With the use of a 320 dollar infra red imager I was able to apply this product (13/64ths) foil foam in layers and man it really stacked up . My studies show that if you use this product, the (foil foam) in layers that R values of 125 can easily be had within a 2X6 wall cavity and you cant spray foam a 2 by 6 inch stud with anything known to achieve a 125 R value. And 7 to 8 layers in the wall yielded an impressive R value of between 65 and 70. The comfort alone is worth every dime. But on top of it our house stays more moist in the winter time and was the first time our skin was not dried and itchy and no nose bleeds.. I'm glad I took the time to do research on this product. from an energy efficiency stand point it is one of the best products ive every used. and lastly mastering its uses can be life changing it is not an exaggeration the thermal imager don't lie

duanek12
1/9/18

I installed the prodex in my attic over the existing insulation and has made an extreme difference in heating and cooling my home.

davidb849
1/8/18

I use their products through out my projects from the crawl space and basement floors, to all my walls, and I even install it in attics.

dicka9
1/8/18

Prodex is great. I just used it to insulate a small wall between my attic steps and the attic. Its an old log home and there is no studding, just boards lathe and plaster. Wow want a difference it made with just 1 layer! I have been using it for several years. Always easy to work with and very effective.

leslier29
10/27/17

I needed a flexible insulation that met some unusual requirements. Insulating a roof line without spending a fortune while still allowing the roof to breathe. I put it in two house in two very different climates. The difference was phenominal! I had an immediate 40 temp difference in my attic in my 100 year old house. When I started this new (old) house I ws running into the same situation. But now they have an even higher R value. This will save me several thousand dollars and no fiber glass. Thank you for the great service and prompt action and response. Amazing support and amazing products.

joep320
10/26/17

We purchased 5 rolls of Prodex ($1400+) a few months ago and finally began installing it. While the insulation quality of Prodex works very well, the statement about "Does not provide for nesting of rodents, bugs or birds" is most definitely NOT true. Very quickly after we started installing it (stapled to the inside of existing barn), we began to see holes where rats chewed through the material and we saw rats crawling behind it. In addition to this, small flakes of the foil periodically fall into the hay that our animals eat. As a result, we have to look for these flakes and get them out of the hay prior to feeding our animals. The whole reason we purchased this insulation was to help with the extreme radiant heat issues we have in our barn. We will have to remove the one roll we have installed. While I was suspicious rats would still chew through this, I made the mistake of believing the description given on the Insulation4Less website and went on with the purchase. If anyone contemplating the purchase of this material has any degree of rodent issue, save yourself the money and DON'T buy it. Or, you will have to take additional steps to be sure rodents cannot get to the material because they WILL chew it.
One more thing... when Insulation4Less tells you "All sales are final", you can absolutely trust them on that! While some companies will make exceptions (especially if you can show them an issue with one of their products), you can rest assured that Insulation4Less is not Costco when it comes to customer service! I have even offered to drive the remaining 4 rolls 180 miles to their location and asked for a small fraction of a refund ...... Nope.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Our statement "Does not provide for nesting of rodents" is accurate. Rats and other rodents actually make a home to give birth in fiberglass insulation! Our statement does NOT read: "rats cannot bite through."

Warning - Anyone with a rat infestation, get a couple of cats or hire an exterminator. Rats can bite through virtually anything.
larrym129
8/1/17

So far, all I have to say is great things about Insulation4Less. They have delivered a top quality product, and one shipping problem was solved very fast as far as I'm concerned. Their product is going to work well in my building, and I would highly recommend them.

lafloydh
6/27/17

We did a retro-install in a 36' x 60' barn, fastening the Prodex to the lower edge of the rafters. The reduction in heat was remarkable, with the inside temperature about the same as outside, and no perceptible heat radiating from above. Prodex works!

cindyc141
6/19/17

I used the 10M insulation for my horse trailer. I'd never attempted a project like this before...had never even used a caulking gun! The insulation was very easy to work with, the metal sealant worked great, and the whole project was a success. My husband was impressed and that's saying something, lol. My trailer is much cooler! Highly recommended!

rogert41
6/15/17

I purchased 4 rolls of this product and have installed 3 rolls with no issue. Unfortunately, the last roll is separating and flaking apart. I contacted customer service and was told that this roll must have been exposed to moisture and there was nothing they could do for me. I assured them this product has been stored in an enclosed garage since we purchased it in sept 2016. They responded that it had been too long since our purchase for them to do anything for us. So if you are building and not going to use this product right away DO NOT PURCHASE!!! They do not stand behind their product.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Summary of case:
1. Customer did not install insulation for over 8 months.
2. Insulation left if plastic packaging.
3. Insulation was exposed to moisture - The moisture was trapped in plastic packaging - The insulation was not allowed to dry.

This issue does not occur after insulation is installed. Proof of the accuracy of this statement is the fact that you will not find more than one or two such a cases reported anywhere (This review site, reviews posted on product pages the BBB etc.). Any reported case includes the following common facts: Insulation was not installed for at least 6 months and the insulation was left in plastic packaging. The consumer may not be aware of the moisture being trapped in the plastic packaging. The moisture can enter via small tears in plastic packaging.

Details of case:
September 10, 2016 Order placed
June 17, 2017 Customer wrote: " I ordered 3 rolls of insulation back in September 2016. I just got around to installing the last roll and the radiant barrier is falling off the insulation along one side of the roll. Can you contact me back on a resolution.

June 17, 2017 Reply from I4L: " Unfortunately your issue has to do with the storage of the material. The insulation was stored in area with moisture at some point in the last 8 months. The moisture was not allowed to dry (product still in plastic bag)."
toddw46
4/18/17

As a contractor it is important to find new and innovative products. I chose Prodex insulation for my personal shop. People were amazed at the comfort level in the shop.
The product was delivered when promised and in perfect condition.
I use it for my customers and think it would be great for your projects.

Sounds good. Please see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-7-Roofing-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

We think you'll be fine.

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

I honestly don't know. It is used on garage doors and water heaters, I would try it.

By Lee G.

Yes. See page: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-35-Van---Sprinter-or-Cargo-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Yes, Prodex Total is designed to prevent condensation in metal buildings and pole barns - Please see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-20-Pole-Barn-Insulation.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Everything posted on the website is accurate. Please click any R-value for the parameters of the testing and regulation. Please also email sales@Insulation4Less.com for a more complete response including a technical pdf that may be helpful with your building department.. Provide the width, length and height of building. Let us know if your sheeting is on already. Helpful page on understanding R-values: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-267-Reflective-Insulation-Fact-vs-Fiction.aspx

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Hi, Please see this page for install instructions: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-1-Attics-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

Hi, please send your question to Sales@Insulation4Less.com Thank you

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Any of the Prodex rolls would be great. For a more detailed response email: sales@insulation4Less.com

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative

Roll pricing is on every product page. Shipping calculator on every page of website in blue bar. Discount volume pricing available in shopping cart

By CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Insulation4Less staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Insulation4Less