Review of Insulation4Less

See Today's Specials!
Order Online

duanek12
1/9/18

I installed the prodex in my attic over the existing insulation and has made an extreme difference in heating and cooling my home.

davidb849
1/8/18

I use their products through out my projects from the crawl space and basement floors, to all my walls, and I even install it in attics.

dicka9
1/8/18

Prodex is great. I just used it to insulate a small wall between my attic steps and the attic. Its an old log home and there is no studding, just boards lathe and plaster. Wow want a difference it made with just 1 layer! I have been using it for several years. Always easy to work with and very effective.

leslier29
10/27/17

I needed a flexible insulation that met some unusual requirements. Insulating a roof line without spending a fortune while still allowing the roof to breathe. I put it in two house in two very different climates. The difference was phenominal! I had an immediate 40 temp difference in my attic in my 100 year old house. When I started this new (old) house I ws running into the same situation. But now they have an even higher R value. This will save me several thousand dollars and no fiber glass. Thank you for the great service and prompt action and response. Amazing support and amazing products.

joep241
10/26/17

We purchased 5 rolls of Prodex ($1400+) a few months ago and finally began installing it. While the insulation quality of Prodex works very well, the statement about "Does not provide for nesting of rodents, bugs or birds" is most definitely NOT true. Very quickly after we started installing it (stapled to the inside of existing barn), we began to see holes where rats chewed through the material and we saw rats crawling behind it. In addition to this, small flakes of the foil periodically fall into the hay that our animals eat. As a result, we have to look for these flakes and get them out of the hay prior to feeding our animals. The whole reason we purchased this insulation was to help with the extreme radiant heat issues we have in our barn. We will have to remove the one roll we have installed. While I was suspicious rats would still chew through this, I made the mistake of believing the description given on the Insulation4Less website and went on with the purchase. If anyone contemplating the purchase of this material has any degree of rodent issue, save yourself the money and DON'T buy it. Or, you will have to take additional steps to be sure rodents cannot get to the material because they WILL chew it.
One more thing... when Insulation4Less tells you "All sales are final", you can absolutely trust them on that! While some companies will make exceptions (especially if you can show them an issue with one of their products), you can rest assured that Insulation4Less is not Costco when it comes to customer service! I have even offered to drive the remaining 4 rolls 180 miles to their location and asked for a small fraction of a refund ...... Nope.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Our statement "Does not provide for nesting of rodents" is accurate. Rats and other rodents actually make a home to give birth in fiberglass insulation! Our statement does NOT read: "rats cannot bite through."

Warning - Anyone with a rat infestation, get a couple of cats or hire an exterminator. Rats can bite through virtually anything.
larrym129
8/1/17

So far, all I have to say is great things about Insulation4Less. They have delivered a top quality product, and one shipping problem was solved very fast as far as I'm concerned. Their product is going to work well in my building, and I would highly recommend them.

lafloydh
6/27/17

We did a retro-install in a 36' x 60' barn, fastening the Prodex to the lower edge of the rafters. The reduction in heat was remarkable, with the inside temperature about the same as outside, and no perceptible heat radiating from above. Prodex works!

cindyc141
6/19/17

I used the 10M insulation for my horse trailer. I'd never attempted a project like this before...had never even used a caulking gun! The insulation was very easy to work with, the metal sealant worked great, and the whole project was a success. My husband was impressed and that's saying something, lol. My trailer is much cooler! Highly recommended!

rogert41
6/15/17

I purchased 4 rolls of this product and have installed 3 rolls with no issue. Unfortunately, the last roll is separating and flaking apart. I contacted customer service and was told that this roll must have been exposed to moisture and there was nothing they could do for me. I assured them this product has been stored in an enclosed garage since we purchased it in sept 2016. They responded that it had been too long since our purchase for them to do anything for us. So if you are building and not going to use this product right away DO NOT PURCHASE!!! They do not stand behind their product.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
Summary of case:
1. Customer did not install insulation for over 8 months.
2. Insulation left if plastic packaging.
3. Insulation was exposed to moisture - The moisture was trapped in plastic packaging - The insulation was not allowed to dry.

This issue does not occur after insulation is installed. Proof of the accuracy of this statement is the fact that you will not find more than one or two such a cases reported anywhere (This review site, reviews posted on product pages the BBB etc.). Any reported case includes the following common facts: Insulation was not installed for at least 6 months and the insulation was left in plastic packaging. The consumer may not be aware of the moisture being trapped in the plastic packaging. The moisture can enter via small tears in plastic packaging.

Details of case:
September 10, 2016 Order placed
June 17, 2017 Customer wrote: " I ordered 3 rolls of insulation back in September 2016. I just got around to installing the last roll and the radiant barrier is falling off the insulation along one side of the roll. Can you contact me back on a resolution.

June 17, 2017 Reply from I4L: " Unfortunately your issue has to do with the storage of the material. The insulation was stored in area with moisture at some point in the last 8 months. The moisture was not allowed to dry (product still in plastic bag)."
toddw46
4/18/17

As a contractor it is important to find new and innovative products. I chose Prodex insulation for my personal shop. People were amazed at the comfort level in the shop.
The product was delivered when promised and in perfect condition.
I use it for my customers and think it would be great for your projects.

paulm393
3/30/17

Last fall, I decided that I needed more work space so I had a 12 x 24 shop built. I figured I would finish the inside myself. I was really dreading putting up the insulation. I hauled it out of Johns Manville for years. That was bad enough. Then I got thinking about condensation, and a metal shop, so I got on the internet and found insulation4less.com! I talked to my contractor, he had never heard of such a place, but the price was right, it looked super easy to install, and no itch! I got on the website, found out the would tell me how much I needed to buy, using their figureouter. A couple of days later, the FedEx driver pulls up and unloads this stack or shiney aluminum foil lookin stuff. It was so light and easy to carry. I took it out back, read the instructions, totally against man rules, and started putting it up. My contractor even stopped by and helped for free!! I am thinkin he was impressed. The noise level is greatly reduced, can't hear the wind blowing, and it really helped keep the heat in this winter!
I am looking at biulding a smaller garage for my motorcycle and I will be ordering insulation for that one too! Very easy to install, easy to handle, I am telling all my friends!

kenj125
3/27/17

Dear Prodex Team,

I am extremely satisfied with our installed Prodex product. I was optimistic about all types of Attic Foil insulation and the potential effects on our house hold heating and cooling. I chose Prodex over all the rest because of the R-16 value and the ease of use. Since the install last month our house appears much more stable temperature wise. While it is to early to fully assess the effectiveness of the installed product I am very optimistic we will see great changes in cooling efficiency as we move into the summer. So far the product has exceeded my expectations.

Thanks
Dr. Ken

joec195
3/2/17

great product fast ship, wish I could of gotten it thicker, 1/2 inch maybe. There is a small communication issue, but if you just order online without needing to talk to someone ez pz. thanks.
joe carazola

markb362
3/1/17

We have used their products for many years. Our company uses specific products from Insulation4Less to encapsulate crawl spaces. In that application, the Prodex Total has the same R-Value as 1" foam board, but allows us to get it into the crawl space without cutting it up into small pieces. We can easily fasten it to the walls and seal it. Also, they have been quick to answer questions when we've asked.

haroldu1
3/1/17

In 2007 We installed Prodex Total Insulation in our home. under our Hardie Plank cement siding. We have 2X6 walls with wet blown cellulose in our walls an R24 and have Prodex Total under our sheetrock with 97% reflectivity. So we are looking at a total R value of 56. Our ceiling has prodex total under the sheetrock and wet blown insulation on top giving us a total of R64. We have a 100% total electric home, with electric tankless water heater, and electric radiant heat. Our electric bill for winters ranges depending on our cold winters in SE Idaho, sometimes getting down as low as 40 below. Our Electric bill $154-$166 in the coldest month of the winter. We have a cement slab with ceramic tile for our floors, and have Prodex under concrete insulation.

We do not have air conditioning in our home because we do not need it. Our home averages around 64 degrees year round with little variation.

The outside of our home with the 97% reflectivity can reflect heat at hottest month of the year 18" away from siding.

Our garage has 2X4 walls with wet blown cellulose insulation in walls give us an R16 plus Prodex outside and inside under siding and sheetrock giving us an R48 walls and R54 ceiling. Can have garage doors fully open during the coldest winter and water in a pan or glass will not freeze.

The pundents out there who say otherwise do not know what they are talking about. I followed what I thought would work and it did.

fredm75
2/27/17

We had to remove fiberglass insulation due to flooding and found lots of rodent activity. We determined that Prodex insulation would fit our needs and eliminate replacement after a flood and rodents couldn't build a nest. Very easy to work with including insulating water pipes and air ducting. Paramount to make sure all seams are sealed on lap joints and to any structural components.

laurab228
2/23/17

We were debating about the insulation we wanted to put in our new pole barn. I came across Prodex at Insulation4less and felt it would suit our needs. My contractor was skepticle but I still ordered it. It has been so easy to install and does a wonderful job. I am now thinking of all the other places I want to use it!

waynel46
1/10/17

Product was delivered as expected and after simple installation, product performs greater than expected. It made a tremendous difference in my metal building as well as in the attic of my home.

brianb208
11/28/16

I am using 1, because 0 isnt an option. I purchased this product after exchanging several emails with Jonathan Barber. Can not speak to a live person. I was told that the Prodex was R16 for a single layer. Only after installing it and closing my building do i find out it is only R16 for the roof. A single layer on the walls is only R7. This stuff seems to be good for a vapor barrier and it prevents condensation. However i would have definately spent my insulation budget elsewhere had i known this. Every time i had an instll question i was directed to their website. For the $900+ i spent doing my 24x36 garge, I could have been much further going another route. This is tin foil faced Double Bubble in my opinion. Im sure if one has the time to sift through their convaluted website, one would know. Again this is my opinin and experience with Prodex.

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
We're sorry for any customer experience that isn’t excellent. Fortunately 99% of our customers are very happy with the performance of Prodex Total - As you can tell if you read through the reviews. With over 200,000 orders and close to 4 billion sq. ft. sold, we're bound to miss the mark a couple of times.
Any posted R-value is either linked to or on the page with the parameters of the test. That level of transparency exceeds all competing products. For example, the Fiberglass R-value test is done in an environment with no moisture and no wind - That's obviously not real world conditions. For more please see the article Reflective Insulation: Fact vs. Fiction: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-267-Reflective-Insulation-Fact-vs-Fiction.aspx
Another helpful article is: What's The Difference Between Double Bubble and Prodex Total? http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-79-Double-Bubble-Insulation.aspx
williamt120
10/10/16

I ordered two rolls of insulation on 10:30 Thursday morning which is well before the 3:00 PM deadline they clearly state "Same Day Shipping" on the website. I am in the DFW area so I know FedEx is only 1-day transit and I needed the insulation by Saturday to install it over the weekend. Friday morning I requested tracking information and was told to expect an email later that day which would have it. Clearly that meant that they failed to ship it the same day but I was never told this piece of information. Later that day I received tracking information which would have been ok if the shipped the insulation FedEx Home Delivery (Delivers Tuesday - Saturday) as I paid an additional $9.00 for. Instead, they shipped it FedEx Ground (Delivers Monday - Friday) which is where the problem lies. The insulation is now scheduled for Monday delivery which is too late for my schedule and the www.insulation4less.com customer service is through email only and lacks any resemblance of professionalism. I asked to cancel the order based on their shipping mistake and was immediately threatened with return shipping, restocking fees, etc. They continued to reference the terms and conditions that all sales are final based on "Labels are printed instantly and orders can be loaded on to trucks in a few minutes. We are not able to cancel or modify an order once loaded onto a truck because it is almost impossible to find your insulation rolls on a truck full of identical insulation rolls." These are their words, not mine so I am unsure how tracking information took more than 24-hours to generate or how they mislabeled it Ground vice Residential if it is automated as they tell us. In Kathy's last email to me, I was told "You fail to understand what our other customers comprehend. We will not respond further." I ask you, what is not to understand about SAME DAY Shipping or charging me an additional fee for Residential delivery and failing to provide either service?

In response to Insulation-4-Less' comments on 11 October 2016: They are either misinformed or consciously trying to mislead customers. In my opinion, if you are in the business, you should understand the shipping policies of the carrier you chose to represent your business, especially if you are charging additional fees based on these policies. FedEx Ground is delivery to businesses and runs Monday-Friday. FedEx Home Delivery, for which they charged me an additional $9.00 runs Tuesday - Saturday and there is not a weekend delivery up-charge. Feel free to visit http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/choose-service/package-shipments/us-packages.html for all the details where this is CLEARLY ILLUSTRATED "STANDARD SATURDAY DELIVERY: FedEx Home Delivery delivers packages on Saturdays, 2 days earlier than UPS Ground, which doesnt deliver until Monday."

Response from CustomerService I., Insulation4Less Representative
It's unfortunate when anyone customer has a bad experience. We sorry this person was not able to receive a Saturday delivery.

This customer assumed that paying the "residential delivery" meant he would receive "FedEx Home Weekend delivery". We do not offer home/weekend delivery. The residential delivery fee is a charge FedEx and other shippers charge for deliveries to residential areas. It does not entitle a person to weekend delivery. FedEx Home Weekend Delivery is a specials service offered by FedEx that we do not offer as a shipping option.
ronm110
10/9/16

We insulated a 12 X 32 building from the inside.
It is my wifes future sewing cottage. This insulation is so much easier,to,install than roll fibreglass. No itch either.

As we,worked it was 95 degrees outside and the window A/C was struggling.
Once the insulation was on the ceiling the A/C was able to keep it at 72 degrees.

I bought extra to put on our covered porch. It drips,when the weather cools.
Have not installed that yet.

mikeus
9/29/16

Easy to install and very effective insulation. I was quite happy.

gregl56
9/21/16

Recently purchased the prodex perforated 48 x 175 and tape. The customer service was prompt and courteous. The shipment was fast and on time. The product was easy to work with and of good quality.

nelsong14
9/3/16

Excellent product!.. I was able to install it without professional help and my garage cools easier now

scotc7
9/1/16

Delivery was as expected, and the product was undamaged.

I utilized the Prodex Total 48" insulation. A long, sharp, serrated blade knife cut the 48" roll with into 16 and 24 wide pieces for my application. I then took my custom rolls and stapled them into the spaces.

The effect is dramatic. One wall and half of the barn-type roof are East-facing and so are in direct sunlight from dawn. My plywood shed never gets hot. The insulation combined with the heat sink of the concrete floor results in a nice average temperature.

Sounds good. Please see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-7-Roofing-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]

We think you'll be fine.

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]

I honestly don't know. It is used on garage doors and water heaters, I would try it.

By Lee G.

Yes, Prodex Total is designed to prevent condensation in metal buildings and pole barns - Please see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-20-Pole-Barn-Insulation.aspx

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]

Everything posted on the website is accurate. Please click any R-value for the parameters of the testing and regulation. Please also email sales@Insulation4Less.com for a more complete response including a technical pdf that may be helpful with your building department.. Provide the width, length and height of building. Let us know if your sheeting is on already. Helpful page on understanding R-values: http://www.insulation4less.com/Insulation4lessTechnicalArticles-267-Reflective-Insulation-Fact-vs-Fiction.aspx

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]

Hi, Please see this page for install instructions: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-1-Attics-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

Hi, please send your question to Sales@Insulation4Less.com Thank you

Prodex Total 10M.

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]

Sure, See see page: http://www.insulation4less.com/InsulationMethods-1-Attics-click-for-Installation-Instructions.aspx

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]

I walk on it in the warehouse, so you should be fine. For additional questions please email: sales@Insulation4Less.com

By CustomerService I. [Insulation4Less Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Insulation4Less staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Insulation4Less