Review of HousingAnywhere

Tel: +31858881399
correspondence@housinganywhere.com

annar1901
5/15/19

They have a policy where you do not necessarily get a refund unless the owner of the room is willing to cancel the booking- but he doesn't have to. So make sure that you are going 100%. I got a refund after talking to costumer service and the advertiser who helped me a lot

faysses
2/4/19

I went to the house to take the keys:
« Old style house (renovated) » : This term was not adapted for the house as I send pictures showing that the walls had markings resulting from wear and tear. The furnitures were old, used and dirty.
« regular cleaning of shared rooms » et " A housekeeper is coming every week, to take care of cleaning in shared rooms regularly, garbage, glass removal (included in the price)" When I arrived I saw that the common areas were totally dirty, there was passed food in the fridge smelling very bad and traces of food in the walls, one of the wall was covered with torn aluminium. The house was not cleaned at all and the conditions of living were not acceptable, especially when you pay for someone who is supposed to clean the house "frequently". I have sent pictures showing all of that, and HousingAnywhere considered that something being very dirty is "subjective" and not a reason for cancelling the house. I did the request of cancelling the room before the 48 hours and HousingAnywhere decided to cancel my request and give the money to the landlord between those 48 hours. They left me without a house and my money, I cannot afford to pay another room so I have to go back to my country.
I took the room because the house was supposed to be renovated and clean. Living with 11 roommates includes having a convenient place to live. The pictures showed that those conditions were not respected but HousingAnywhere doesn't care, they just want to make money and the never refund people as they say they do if the room is not the same as in the pictures. They will find always something to never refund you and keep the money, they use the worlds you say to deform them and they play with their meaning.They told me to see with the landlord for an agreement but she had a bad faith and even with compensation she agrees on, she finally decided to take all the money. She was supposed to be an "excellent advertiser".
I strongly advise to not to book a room with them and never think that you have 48 hours to cancel, that is only a big lie. Take the time to visit the rooms even if you have to take an airbnb for a few days, you will pay less money and have a better beginning in your new city than the one I had.

aliciac130
1/7/19

Be careful !
They will force you to start the payment to book the room and when it's done will tell you that the room is already booked.
Even if it seems hopeless finding accomodations in some cities don't get Fooled like I was.

sarahw352
9/10/18

They cheat people, get lots of money in advance and never show the apartment before to pay. Probably that apartment only exists in pictures.Many students have informed the police against this platform for having been scammed
BE CAREFUL!! DON´T PAY ANYTHING.

martah20
6/15/18

Would like to mention that this platform is easy to use to find a room, however, most rooms proposed there are out of the budget.

yuxiaoh
6/11/18

I will never use houseanywhere anymore. It charges fast but does not provide any guarantee to ensure I can get the house. After the householder rejects my rental request, houseanywhere just did not reply to my email to cancel the booking, even if I just want my first month rental back (I have not lived there for even one day!) They are just greedy and indifferent.

rawiai1
4/18/18

I dont suggest going with housingeverywhere. I got scammed with them. First of all, their advertisers are rude and their . Second of all, their policies are fake. I am a student from Canada and was looking for a place in Amsterdam and my i didnt have any options other than to go with housingeverywhere. I was not able to go to Amsterdam due to permit issues. The housingeverywhere policy is It is possible to cancel your booking within the first 24 hours after the payment is confirmed and receive the first month rent back. However, the service fee won't be refundable. If after those 24 hours there is no valid reason for your cancellation, the advertiser is still entitled to the first-month rent and the refund is not possible. I have a valid reason yet they refused to refund me my money. From the terrible experience I had with them, I dont recommend renting with them.

marcob58
1/16/18

Ho utilizzato questo sito per trovare casa mentre ero in Erasmus in Spagna e devo dire che, pur essendo un po' scettico inizialmente, mi sono trovato veramente bene! La casa era esattamente come me l'aspettavo! arrivare e sapere di avere già la casa è proprio una bella cosa! Consigliato

mustafan2
12/28/17

Innovative platform. helped me in finding a room in Vienna while other dorms were full .

ceciliai4
12/23/17

Housing Anywhere is a good solution for students looking for the perfect room, especially abroad. The platform is user-friendly and intuitive
Sometimes landlords don't update the announcements. That's the only flaw

hanifak
12/14/17

Housing Anywhere is very helpful for those looking for short-term housing, but wish more listings were available

geronimoe1
12/13/17

This webpage has been really helpful for finding an apartment in Munich!
The city is packed with people, and reasonable apartment offers are hard to find. I tried different means to find an apartment, but HousingAnywhere has been the most secure and the most user friendly page!

clab1
11/27/17

Very good platform, super efficient. With Housing Anywhere, I could rent my room in Lille before leaving for a year in Finland. It allowed me to have enough money to pay for my rent in Finland, and I left without worries, Housing Anywhere being a sort of "guarantee", that I needed because I couldn't give my room to a random student for a year. Few days after I posted my ad, I already had a few messages of people interested.

filipp129
11/27/17

A great way to get a room fast when you are in need. It was very helpful for me. It gives enables secure transaction of the rent payment to the person renting the room. Easy to use. However, the choice of rooms seems quite narrow.

sarab117
11/27/17

Useful for finding a room in a lot of places! I used it in Amsterdam and Madrid as well. On the second one I had a problem because the room was not what the person announced and they reimbursed me all my money back!
Finally I could find another place through it! Easy and much cheaper than other alternatives! Thank you Housing Anywhere!

als136
11/24/17

Pros: Good platform, Easy to find room in budget, secure and easy
Cons: Finding room near university campus in budget could be difficult

marinan8
Marina N.
11/23/17

Through housing anywhere I found accommodation for my stay abroad in Switzerland. Very happy with this platform! Thanks to housing anywhere I could get a room in a shared apartment with local students, rather than staying in the student halls. My room was even much cheaper than the ones of the student halls!

julijav
11/19/17

Positive things:
1. Easy to use and understand
2. Helpful customer service

Negative things:
1. Sometimes there is a lack of choices in rooms

Other than that, pretty good website, safe to use.

danielm397
11/18/17

I think HousingAnywhere provides a great service ! Personally it is a great platform for students like me who want to go on internship and want to rent or find their room temporarily. I also got really surprised how well publishing a room was thought through and how safe it makes me feel knowing if I rent a room I can always get my money back if it was not what I was advertised.

elenad36
11/11/17

User friendly platform that will help you find your new place to live, Big choice of rooms everywhere with reasonable prices. Unfortunately, the website is provided only in English

anushad2
11/8/17

A really handy platform for international and exchange students to find a room! Navigation is really easy! Makes life easier!

and8997
11/5/17

As a student living on a modest budget, Housing Anywhere is the best solution to my need for accomodations. It is simple to use, registration is free and there a lot of rooms and apartments to choose from. However the quality of available accomodations can range from excellent to absolutely horrible. Nevertheless, I still recommend this website to any young person starting out in another city.

andreaa75
11/2/17

HousingAnywhere has helped me find my current house which is in a great neighborhood and Im renting from a trusted person which I'm very grateful for! It did take a little time but it was worth the wait.

luisap7
11/2/17

I recommend this website. It is way better than all other platforms which do no take care of their customers. Housing anywhere is the only that can guarantee security. Use it!

alessandrod20
11/2/17

My application for an accomodation at the Student Village was refused (there weren't enough spots) so my last chance was HousingAnywhere. I found out it's a cosy tool.

Questions? Get answers from the HousingAnywhere staff and other customers.

HousingAnywhere?