Review of Road Scholar

registration@roadscholar.org
2018 Customer choice award

ruthanned2
12/11/19
My recent RS trip to Australia and New Zealand was great. Holland America provided comfortable amenities and our RS sponsored shore outings were filled with exciting adventures. Our team leader, Ngaire Douglas, shared her vast expertise with us and gave us wonderful insights into the history and culture of both countries. Ngaire offered options for our various levels of physical fitness so everyone could benefit from all the shore outings. This was my 14th RS trip and certainly near the top if not the top of my RS trips.

Ruthanne DeWolfe.
Evanston, Illinois
tims603
10/22/19
We recently traveled to Madeira for a medium rated activity level trip. Our guide was fantastic, providing enthusiastic and knowledgable information about the natural features and flora of the region as well as sociological and political contexts of present day life on the island.

Unfortunately, my wife became ill the morning of our scheduled return flight to Lisbon, from where we were to make connections to fly home (U.S.). Our guide was extremely helpful and communicative regarding our circumstances, but the process he was instructed to use to support us in this situation was seriously flawed.

He gave us an 8 page Road Scholar instruction sheet outlining the process by which we would be covered for expenses of our delayed and rebooked travel. The process is administered by something called "On Call." It turns out that this outfit is the same as "Emergency Assistance Plus", a travel insurance company.

We were required to seek medical care and have the attending physician fill out FOUR of the pages (in English) with results of medical examination, including vital signs, blood test results and a medical diagnosis. One form was essentially an affidavit requiring the physician to assert that the patient was unfit to travel. All four required signatures, email and telephone contact numbers.

Our guide advised us to go to the local public hospital emergency room, which we did. The situation at the hospital was chaotic to the point of nightmarish. My wife on a gurney with an I.V. in a hallway with other patients, most of whom were in much more serious medical issues. We observed one poor soul not 5 feet away who suffered a seizure and was bleeding from his mouth, probably from biting his tongue. It took fully 5 minutes before any medical staff intervened and attempted to navigate his gurney through the maze of other beds in the hallway.

Needless to say, the likelihood of ever even being examined by a Dr., let alone having him fill out a 4 page form, was an impossibility. We left the facility and ultimately made our own arrangements for return travel to the U.S. at considerable $ expense to us.

Upon contacting "On Call" upon our return, their response was to again send us the Road Scholar 8 page form originally presented to us. It seems that it is necessary now to get a Portuguese doctor whom we never saw and who didn't examine my wife to my wife to provide 4 pages of information from our home in Colorado.

We admit to our naivety in going to a public hospital in a foreign country, but given that many Road Scholar trips take place abroad, the process they've contracted for through "On Call"/Emergency Assistance Plus is a joke. We were hung out to dry with zero returned communication for hours. The communication we received was useless at best, and if it weren't so insulting, it could be considered ironic.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Dear Tim,

We were so sorry to hear about the experience you and your wife had to endure and hope she is doing better. We include emergency assistance in the price of our programs for situations just like yours. We apologize the paperwork you were asked to complete seemed onerous, but when someone gets sick abroad, our emergency assistance provider requires as much information as possible so they are informed and able to provide the necessary help. Our primary concern in these situations is the health, safety and well-being of our participants. We’ll be in touch with you to discuss filing a claim for reimbursement of your travel expenses home. Again, we’re sorry to hear about the disappointing end to an otherwise positive Road Scholar experience and are glad you made it home safely.

Sincerely,
bb307
10/4/19
A recent hiking trip with RS to the Canadian Rockies was a huge disappointment. First, people who could barely get on and off the bus were allowed on this trip. Ridiculous. Only 4 of us could go on daily hikes they called "motivated" or harder than the others -- all of which I considered easy to very moderate. The hiking pace was also crazy slow. The catalog/website descriptions of the trip were way off base. Simply not truthful.

The majority of meals were served in a windowless hotel conference room. Very mediocre food. Breakfasts were the worst. Restaurant meals for dinner were way better, but certainly not terrific restaurants I would go to again. A couple of us younger, energetic folk purposefully left the group on two evenings just to get away and have some time to chat and eat at GOOD restaurants.

RS is clearly not for people, like myself, looking for true rigorous activity with other happy, young at heart people. It was clear to me that RS attracts a much, much older crowd, which is fine, but that's false advertising in their materials. Their original name of ELDERhostel fits their group way better. Nothing wrong with being older, but it sure isn't fun being around grumpy, negative retired folk who have a very "old and tired" mentality. I won't be going on another RS trip. Lesson learned.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hello B. B.,
We allow our participants to choose the pace of the program according to what they feel they can do. If you can give us more information on the program you attended we can look into what you mentioned about the activity level and meals too. We will look forward to hearing back from you via private message. Best, Your Friends at Road Scholar
ellens200
9/7/19
1) activity level ("on your feet") was way over-stated! Mostly we sat at educational lectures and on buses. Visits to museums took zero effort.
2) much of Road Scholar's written communication was factually inaccurate and/or had non-stop discrepancies from one page to the next. EVEN OUR CRUISE SHIP'S NAME WAS WRONG (including on post-program survey)! $uch $loppy unprofe$$ionalism is unacceptable.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hello Ellen, We are eager to review your concerns and make immediate improvements to our communications. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough information to do so. Please contact us via private message and let us know which program you are referring to. We would like to discuss your experience further so we can improve our future programs. Best, Your Friends at Road Scholar
nancyb789
8/24/19
I have traveled with Road Scholar, formerly called Elderhostel, since 1998. I have done 48 programs both in the U.S. and internationally. I can't say enough great things about traveling with Road Scholar. I have always been pleased with their staff, the group leaders and most of all my fellow travelers. I have attended solo, with friends and with my spouse. As a solo I have always felt welcomed and included. I am still in contact with many people that I have met on trips. The educational quality is very good. I enjoy programs that make me think. I have seen a number of negative comments about Road Scholar not refunding deposits. The penalties for cancelling or changing a program are CLEARLY spelled out on their website, when you register by telephone and once you have registered, they are on the confirmation sheet. It is necessary to have these penalties so that folks don't sign up for trips and not take them, preventing those of us who would like to go an opportunity to attend. Many of Road Scholar trips fill quickly and have waitlists. Almost all of the programs have reviews which can be read before signing up for a program. These are reviews by people who have taken the trip. Most of the programs have great reviews or list caveats for a trip. I have traveled with other tour operators but keep returning to Road Scholar for the educational components and the great travel companions. In recent years the hotels have been upgraded, meals have greatly improved and a lot of programs have a meal or two that are "on your own" to experience someplace special or to visit with friends. I really like this option. I have found that my fellow travelers are well-educated and well-traveled and are some of the most interesting people to travel and learn with AND they are FLEXIBLE. Occasionally itineraries have to change due to weather, absence of a speaker, etc. Most of the attendees are mature but in my experience very active. I have done 6 intergenerational programs with grandkids and the experience takes being with the younger generation to a new enjoyment level both for me and for them! Road Scholar is TOPS in my book.
robertf626
8/23/19
It's been three months since my RS bike trip from Deggendorf to Vienna. The dust has settled, I've cleaned the mud from my clothes, and now I can evaluate the trip in a more objective manner.

I guess I should start by asking this question: would I do it again? I would love to say yes, but knowing what I know now the answer is a likely no.

I made my own travel arrangements and spent a few days in Munich and the immediate area before going to the Gasthaus in Deggendorf. That was all good. Bavaria is lovely and clean and the people are friendly and seem happy.

Upon arriving in Deggendorf I was told I must provide my own helmet. That was the first I'd heard about that. Seems I didn't get a vital information packet. This necessitated a frantic taxi ride into town (at my own expense) to a bike shop. Luckily I bought one and made it back in time for an orientation ride. After that things settled down and a nice meal was had an I got to meet my fellow travelers.

The bikes they provided aren't my style. They are heavy, slow, and the saddles are catch as catch can. Some good, some not. There was a lot of grumbling about the saddles. Mine on the other hand worked fine for me. Didn't make up for the helmet mess, but one has to move on.

The actual biking, the lovely scenery, the food and beer were all great. Our group leader was quite good at her job. She may have been one of the best things about IBT, the outfit that RS contracted for the cycling part of the trip.

The educational aspect was less interesting than I expected. Churches, cathedrals, monasteries, a concentration camp. What more can you say?

I had a couple of good evening adventures where I went out with a couple of people to hear music and stroll around. Drank too much beer.

But there's not much one can do about the weather. We had some dreadful, chilly rainstorms with strong headwinds. The last two days in Vienna were total washouts. But, to be fair, we had some glorious days as well. Some of the vistas and villages delightful. We all had a very good time and lots of laughs.

But, here's the rub. You can't choose your fellow travelers. Some of the personalities were right out of a Hunter S. Thompson story. Autistic New Yorkers. Cancer survivors frantically trying to pack it all in before the end comes. One domestic abuse survivor who was like a life force sucking vampire. Lovely woman, but eegads, could she drone on! A 95 old man who road an ebike and was a true miracle of nature. And then we had Canadians. Three couples. I have nothing bad to say about them. Very nice people.

Which brings me to my one, very subjective observation. You might think that after two weeks together one or two friendships might be formed. But no. That's not why they come on these trips. They come to get away from something, to be distracted, to have a long party. When it's over, it's over. The RS veterans all knew the score -- once we said goodbye there would be no emails, no follow-ups, no promises to stay in touch. I think it may have something to do with being over 60 and facing one's mortality. No time for that. Once I returned home and the reality dawned on me, I felt a bit sad. This was a shared experience, but then again it wasn't.

And that is why I won't do another RS trip. I'd rather go on a trip where there are some younger people with a different energy. It's too much money to shell out to return home depressed.
joanw139
8/19/19
I have enjoyed 6 intergenerational trips with Road School which each of my 3 grandchildren. I found the trips fun, and educational. On my recent trip I took my 10 year old grandson to the CA coast to see elephant seals, and go tide pooling. It also included falconry and we actually had a falcon land on our gloved arm! I cherish these trips and will probably take my youngest grandson on one next year!
judithc129
8/14/19
Excited to see Alaska...so excited about this trip! Catalog said "Moderate Pace". OK...good....means we are going to move our bodies. Well, what a disappointment to learn this certainly was not going to happen! Unfortunately not all travelers could even do a low paced activity...a real damper for those of us eager for actjvity. Shame on you Road Scholar for misleading us to think this would be such an adventure. Some people had difficulty getting on and off the buses....walking for some was difficult! Pretty unfair tactics. A couple meals were served in hot, windowless hotel conference rooms. Hotel in Anchorage was pretty horrible and not clean. Have diet restriction and on 2 occasions group leaders (2) had not taken this into consideration...and I don't think they really cared ! One leader, I felt, could not wait until she returned home! In making my arrangements with Road Scholar I was asked on several occasions to get in touch with someone with my question...representatives for RD just didn't seem to have their information at hand...these were pretty basic questions. A very disappointing trip...too bad for RS...friends who travel were waiting for my critique...they won't be traveling with Road Scholar.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hello Judith, we would like to speak with you regarding the program you attended to Alaska and your experience there. Please feel free to reach out to us at 877-634-1893. Best, Your Friends at Road Scholar
elisabethb21
7/25/19
They keep the entire price of the trip if you have to cancel. The customer service crew won't negotiate and isn't flexible.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Dear Elisabeth B,
We cannot speak directly to your experience, as we have little to go on, but we would be happy to explain why it is necessary to charge cancellation fees. Road Scholar and other travel organizations make nonrefundable payments on your behalf for instruction, transportation, meals and lodging. As the program start date approaches, it is necessary to keep part or all of your deposit or final payment to cover all nonrefundable expenses made on your behalf. We are not in a position to absorb the cost of your cancellation so we disclose our cancellation and transfer fees at enrollment, in print , and on our website. We also offer a “cancel for any reason” optional insurance plan and we encourage the purchase of the trip cancellation insurance to protect your investment. Best, Your Friends at Road Scholar
stevem942
6/8/19
Alaska is a very interesting place and rich with opportunities to explore. RoadScholar leaves the organization to Holland America. It's a good setup for certain travelers, mainly OLD. I'm 71 and found it very frustrating. Flew 3000 miles and spent the first night and morning in a conference room with no windows. The food was very mediocre at the hotels they used but the worst disappointment was that this trip had been described as "active" which for RoadScholar must mean breathing because we have spent the entire week riding buses for hours on end plus an 8 hour train ride. Getting these geriatrics on and off the bus takes forever and Road Scholar seems to attract know-it-alls.
These trips are fine if sitting on your butt and looking out the window of a vehicle is the way you want to experience Alaska. I thought a hike might be nice. Not RoadScholar.
Don't get me started on the cruise.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hi Steve, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will include them in your program evaluation. Best, Your Friends at Road Scholar
barryn30
6/4/19
I have taken two trips with Road Scholar in the last year. Peru & Patagonia. I booked a trip to Tibet, Nepal & Butan over 6 months in advance. When I canceled the trip within 2 weeks the kept the entire $500 deposit, No refund and no consideration for transfer. I called back within 2 week to rebook the Tibet trip and the told me I would have to pay another $ 500 deposit. I should have know better after my Peru trip. A woman in a walker and a wheel chair was permitted to go with us on this trip! This caused numerous hours of delay. Road Scholars did nothing.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hi Barry, upon cancelling from a program, participants pay a fee to help cover the costs of arrangements already made on their behalf. Those fees are disclosed before, during, and after the enrollment. Sincerely, Your Friends at Road Scholar
serenao4
5/15/19
In a short while you will hear why,
Fortunately I have not spent a dime yet.
In shorttheir customer service stinks, they don't answer questions in a forthright manner they are impersonal and they are Heavy $$$$manipulators and Not Non Profit
Who do they think They are kidding
Us seniors are sharp as knives when it comes to dough
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hi Serena, Road Scholar offers thousands of programs on a variety of topics and price points. From our search box on the web you can view 97 adventures in the United States at or under $750.00. That cost include lodging, group leader, instruction, field trips, taxes, gratuities and most meals. We strive to offer great customer service and are anxious to improve your experience. If you would If you would like to learn more about how to find trips within your budget, send us a private message with your phone number here on SiteJabber so we can reach out to you by phone. Sincerely, Your Friends at Road Scholar
jacquelynb31
4/14/19
I booked a Cuba trip with Road Scholar almost a year in advance and had to cancel 2 months later and was charged $500.00. I had expected a cancellation fee but this was exorbitant
!
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hi Jacquelyn, upon cancelling from a program, participants pay a fee to help cover the costs of arrangements already made on their behalf. Those fees are disclosed before, during, and after the enrollment. Sincerely, Your Friends at Road Scholar
paulg589
4/10/19
I booked a tour with Road Scholars that was more than a year away. A week after the booking we had a change of plans and I had to cancel to trip. I was charged $500.00 for the cancellation. This cancellation charge was not explained when I booked the trip nor was the cost clearly spelled out in the documentation I received.

Will not use this organization again!
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Dear Paul G,
It is standard practice for us to disclose our registration policies during the enrollment process. Once registered, our participants receive an enrollment letter by mail, email or both depending on their preferences, summarizing the trip details. The mailing contains details of your trips transfer and cancellation policy. Our policies are disclosed in our brochures and on our website. Sincerely, Your Friends at Road Scholar
evelynf38
3/1/19
we just returned from our second Road Scholar trip
first was last year to Cinque Terra- no problems and no change in flights and/or itinerary
this most recent trip was from Antarctica- fabulous destination, largely run by a different company on the ship = antarctica 21
however, we were fogged in for 2 extra days
R.S. rebooked us from what was a non-stop to a 3 -stop trip home from Santiago, Chile
initially we were told by our guide they wouldn't retry
however, when we prevailed and said we would pay ourselves AND showed them that our original flights were available, they changed them
this took 24 hours of wrangling and was upsetting obviously
HOWEVER, our upset was compounded by the lack of any interested response when I tried to speak with upper management once we returned home
the insular culture of this company is frightening and akin to an inbred fraternity.
customers have no ability to accurately verbalize their frustration
we were not seeking renumeration, but rather simply attempting to understand why the so-called "custom travel" department was so insensitive to the individual traveler
we'll never travel with them again nor would we recommend them
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
I’m sorry you don’t feel we have been responsive in understanding your concerns. We researched your problem and learned that a member of management working in the Office of the President has reached out to you personally several times and has been available by phone or email to learn more about your experience. We value feedback from our participants and strive to be responsive. We are sorry that we have fallen short of your expectation.
pennym83
12/30/18
Trying to navigate the Road Scholar website is an exercise in frustration to say the least! Why don't they use some of those donations for which they are always begging to hire some competent website designers?
carak16
11/25/18
Just landed for a road scholar trip , in a strange city, running late and worried you'll miss your transfer shuttle?

Who ya gonna call?

Not Road Scholar! They place no importance on this important aspect of customer service. At least they didn't when I took my trip to Santa Fe. The "emergency" call center didn't know who was supposed to meet us at the airport-didn't have any names-didn't know if they were still there or when they were leaving.

Really? I think that is what technology is for. Unforgivable, Road scholar. You can do better.
arth45
11/14/18
Back in 2015, we started the process to reserve one of the first circumnavigation trips of Cuba scheduled to embark in March 2016. We experienced one example of chaos after another with Road Scholar not following through with promises, mailings to us which never occurred, and phone calls which never resolved the problems. Biggest concern is that they booked the cruise with a cruise line which was BANKRUPT and did not even know that fact till we apprised them of this early in the process. They then tried a bait and switch to get some of the circumnavigation transferred to air flights to and from Cuba. We finally cancelled and did ultimately get a full refund of the approximate $12,000 but even that took a while to process.

We decided to give them a second chance and applied for a Florida trip in March of 2019. (Maybe their March trips are jinxed?) Again, problems surfaced right at the outset. After paying the $200 deposit, and trying to complete the participant information form, we were immediately directed to a site which advised us that the connection was not private and information was NOT secure and then we were told to click on a "privacy policy" which would have meant having to change MANY settings we had with our browser. When we called to complain, we were advised they were having "technical issues" and assured us the credit card info was secure. Yeah, right. We wisely decided to cancel again and was verbally told the refund would be processed in 24-72 hours and then in a confirming email told it would take as long as "7 to 10 business days". Although it turned out that it was refunded in 24 hours, how can anyone trust this level of incompetence? You are reading negative reviews cause you want to be sure about this company. Despite lots of glowing reviews you may see elsewhere, we advise you to consider a different company. Shame never feels good.
williamb945
11/13/18
Why even offer on-line enrollment if you can't make it work! I just wasted 45 minutes and never succeeded in what I was trying to do.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hi William,
Thank you for letting us know that our website wasn't functioning properly for you. We would be glad to call you to help you process the enrollment today. Please feel free to provide us with your phone number by private message and we will reach out to you by phone.
All the best,
lindab997
10/31/18
Road Scholar switched hotels on us after we had booked their tour of Southern Spain. The reservationist assured us that "the hotel change would cause no extra walking" during our trip. NOT TRUE! As we walked by the Hotel Ingleterra, Seville, on at least 6 occasions -- and were still several blocks from our new hotel -- it was clear the reservationist was either ill-informed or lied to us. The hotel switch caused as least and extra 6-7 miles in Seville alone. Complaints to the president of Road Scholar have gone unanswered so I guess the reservationist isn't the real problem with this travel company.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hello Linda,
Thank you for joining us on our program to Southern Spain in May. We apologize that the itinerary for this program included more walking than you had anticipated. The hotel was changed to the NH Plaza de Armas due to lack of availability in Hotel Inglaterra. We would be happy to have a conversation with you about the experience and any concerns you might have. We did reach out earlier in October to discuss your concerns and left a message without a response. Feel free to reach out to our Participant Satisfaction Team at 877-634-1893 during business hours Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm (EST).
All the best,
anas137
10/13/18
This was a "craft" camp experience and I went just to have a vacation and do my own rug hooking with like minded people. The instructor was poor and ended up lying to the class, insulting me in front of two groups of students, and reducing me to tears. She even did it to the Program Director.

The camp is advertised as an "easy" activity but if you have any mobility issues and do not have a car, you cannot get to meals since it is a 3-4 block walk each direction for any meal. No drinking water was provided in our two classrooms. We could walk to find a soda machine which sold water for $1.50 or get our water from the bathroom sink. We did complain because it was hot and the camp brought a few bottles once.

Worst part, if the above was not bad enough, were all the meals. I think the kitchen was being run by untrained servers/bus people because no cooking was going on. Heard that maybe there was no food manager. Every thing (but some tasteless rolls and bisquits) was precooked prepackaged frozen food that was reheated and served. No serve yourself. Belgian waffles were put on the steam table and soggy when served. Amazingly tasteless. Greens on my first salad were slimy. No salt or seasonings of any kind were used in the food served. No condiments provided. Dessert was either brownies 3X, or pie filling a sprinkling of oatmeal or pumpkin pie filling with a grainy sugar struesel topping and zero whipped topping or anything to add. Rancid taco shells. Sigh. I think I threw away more food than I ate.

I am waiting to hear what RS and the camp are going to do. The program directed said refund. RS emailed me that someone would call yesterday and they did not.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hello Ana, thank you for your feedback regarding your program. We are sorry to hear that it was not an enjoyable time for you. Per our conversation with you yesterday, we believe a resolution has been reached. Please reach out to us directly if you have anything further you would like to share about your experience. Best, Your Friends at Road Scholar
paulf297
10/3/18
I'm on my 9th Road Scholar tour and can't wait for it to end. Disorganized! Political!
Study Leader informed us Obama canceled a planned oil pipeline but Trump is allowing it because he has stock in oil. Tonight we had a guest speaker who started off with a derogatory comment about the Supreme Court nominee. May cancel two booked tours, one with 8 friends who booked based on our recommendation.
Response from Road S., Road Scholar Representative
Hello Paul,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience thus far on your program. We’re sorry to hear it hasn’t been pleasant for you. We would like to address this and speak directly with the study leader on the program, so we ask that you please contact us directly with additional information regarding the program you are attending. We'll look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best,
paulag111
9/14/18
I got the insurance as recommended and was told that it will cover me for whatever reason! Well North Carolina is getting hit by a hurricane and hurricanes and flooding are not in the insurance coverage.
I need my money back. I don't want them to hold it over my head that I "HAVE" to take a trip with them or I lose my $200.
I called Road Scholar spoke to a supervisor Sean who told me that it was sent in the mail and it's on line. That really that $200. Is spent on the admin, instructors, to get the overhead started.
march171
4/11/18
My trip to Japan with Road Scholar would have been excellent but for the unusable wifi "provided" (or really, not provided) by the Daiwa Roynet Hotels in which Road Scholar placed us. I was completely unable to work with colleagues in my home office because the wifi was usually so slow as to be unusable. The guides for our trip were superlative, but I couldn't enjoy the trip because I could not fulfill my work commitments, and people had been depending on me. The Daiwa Roynet Hotels claim that they provide wifi, but it has been unusable for me, for my wife, and for many people on our trip. I consider their claim that they provide wifi to be a fraud, under California law, and it ruined my trip.
lynnes52
3/19/18
I have taken two nice tours with R.S. However, shortly after booking an $8000 trip to Antarctica for Feb. 2019 (and before buying insurance) I had to cancel. My $850 payment was non-refundable. The trip is a year away. Does this policy seem reasonable? I'm not questioning whether the policy was included in the information because it was. The policy that says that your down payment for your trip is not refundable in part or in whole this far in advance is just simply greed on the part of this organization. This is an especially difficult policy for people who are on a fixed income. I will not travel with them again.
32 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, I took my granddaughter at 16 on a Road Scholar trip to Italy and we enjoyed a great time. So the following year I took her to Paris and once again we enjoyed a great trip. I am shocked by bad reviews when we had such a great educational time.

By Joan W.

My most memorable guided trips were with Road Scholar (e.g., Iditarod Dog Sled Race in Alaska; snorkeling, kayaking, hiking in Puerto Rico; Behind the Scenes at Disney World in Florida). But the worst were also with RS (possibly since it started contracting out trips to "providers"?). Unfortunately, I don't know who writes the information given to us participants: RS or the provider? And, if RS, does the provider get to approve it for factual accuracy? My suggestions: 1) check and double check the stated activity level for the RS trip, 2) look out for factual discrepancies in pre-trip written communications, 3) even be prepared to contact RS DURING YOUR TRIP with any egregious shocking appalling complaint, and 4) research other travel companies that might offer the same trip.

By ellen s.

Hello Robert, the sizes of all our trips varies quite a bit. If you can give us the program number or title we'd be glad to check and see how many participants can attend a certain program you'd like to attend. We are also available by email -- contact@roadscholar.org and by phone at 877-436-8056 during business hours Monday - Friday 8am - 9pm (EST). We hope to hear back from you soon!

By Road S., Road Scholar Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Road Scholar staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Road Scholar