Hinge

Hinge has a consumer rating of 1.27 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Hinge also ranks 278th among Dating sites. The most common issues with Hinge are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• What's the point in this app if I never get a message?
How would you rate Hinge?

“Hinge is great for meeting your friends friends”

Mika T.
6/1/15

By far the best dating app for meeting people that are in the peripheries of your social circles. So if you want someone that went to the same school as you or someone that isn't totally creepy Hinge is definitely better than Tinder and all of those others.

“Hinge is full of cat-fishers and foreign scammers”

Denise B.
4/8/20

Don't use Hinge! Full of foreign scammers with fake pics. Problem with Hinge it doesn't post where your phone is, you can say you are from anywhere and no way to prove it. I was on the website for a week and busted like 4 scammers all in a row, its terrible! Dont waste your time, you have no idea who you are talking to...dead givaway, they write in broken English and incomplete sentences!

app (8)
deniseb612
April 8th, 2020
patd183
March 18th, 2020
Scam alert!!!! They will ban you off their site with no reason why and will not refund your money. They gave me a week when I paid for a month. I did not violate any terms of service, but yet I was told I was banned and kept my money. This site is a pure waste of time and I would not recommend this to anyone trying to find love.
scottc927
May 30th, 2020
Charged 79.99 unauthorized for some crap called boost even though I don't have a subscription. Thieves, stayfar away from these clowns!!!
susanl736
October 27th, 2019
This site is dangerous. When a scammer on the site got my name and pictures and threatened me, I tried to report it to protect other users, but Hinge has no customer service and does not care about safety. And theres no refund from Hinge after the scammers on their dangerous site harm you. I'm reporting this to the FTC and filing a small claims just so Hinge gets the message...which us owned by Match.
richw103
May 18th, 2020
Just a bunch of people asking me to buy them a phone. Scamming you. Plus a bunch of low life Africans
annal311
October 21st, 2019
I joined this app hoping it would be different from all other swiping apps out there, as they promote this app is its 'designed to be deleted, so I thought it's intended for people who look for serious relationship. What a fool I was. Hinge turned out to be absolutely the same as tinder, bumble etc...its full of fake profiles, players and men looking only for hookups. If you want to meet a decent, respectful and single man with serious intentions - please save your precious time and don't bother with Hinge, absolute joke that app is.
jond227
December 2nd, 2019
Want an app that will drain your battery in the blink of an eye?
Want an app that makes you trawl through hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of profiles a day, a lot of which you rejected yesterday?
Want an app that takes no notice whatsoever of the preferences you set, even if you make them ridiculously tight?
Then Hinge is for you
I set a really tight set of preferences (1 mile radius of my location and a two year age window (48 - 49) and it still gives me more than 200 profiles a day to wade through
Nobody has time for that!
I suspect that if you subscribe, the extra preferences you can control may cut the number of profiles down a lot. It's almost like it is designed to piss you off intensely so you spend your money to stop it being so bad
Ah, yes. It's all becoming clear now
sandrah450
June 24th, 2019
Worst app! Only scammers contact you.
Hinge should be ashamed for allowing so many scam artists on this site! There is no security or filters to protect clientele from offshore fraud. Don't waste your money or time on Hinge! Plus They don't give you your money back
glennr76
February 12th, 2019
I created an account and they asked me to submit 6 pictures before I could send a like. For weeks, I was wondering what is going on. I haven't got any notifications.This is just like Tinder where I have to wait for someone to like me in order to message them. USELESS
jimk334
February 15th, 2019
What's the point in this app if I never get a message? I'm just checking photos all day long. This is by far the worst dating app ever.
jessicar303
June 24th, 2019
tried using HINGE way back early this year; writing this review since this company has a profile on this site. same stupid dumb premise as bumble and tinder swipe and wait for response from the opposite sex. the men is this app are idiots and want only sex and maybe even money. the men dont want to respond with cute and simple greetings just monotone one syllable words. also a friend of mine used hinge and she had a date with a guy and she may have been raped because she didnt want to report it and also she was going through an ugly custody battle with her ex. so everyone stay away from this app as well. I only used this app for a minimum two weeks and nothing happened; just spoke to guys and that was it.
garya197
August 11th, 2019
I joined a short while ago. I think 9 out of 10 likes I get are scammers. It is endless and there is no reason to continue using the site.
timb477
December 11th, 2019
All these dating apps are being sued for fraud:

danw297
March 3rd, 2019
Every single person on there asked me for money. Trolling like crazy on this app. You'll most likely get a scammer from another country asking to deposit money to there accounts
mikat4
June 1st, 2015

Tip for consumers: This works best if you have a well-developed Facebook account with lots of friends.

Questions? Get answers from the Hinge staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hinge?

Have a question about Hinge?