Hinge

Hinge has a consumer rating of 1.19 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Hinge ranks 328th among Dating sites.

No positive highlights yet

• What's the point in this app if I never get a message?
How would you rate Hinge?

“Hinge is great for meeting your friends friends”

Mika T.
6/1/15

By far the best dating app for meeting people that are in the peripheries of your social circles. So if you want someone that went to the same school as you or someone that isn't totally creepy Hinge is definitely better than Tinder and all of those others.

“Hinge is full of cat-fishers and foreign scammers”

Denise B.
4/8/20

Don't use Hinge! Full of foreign scammers with fake pics. Problem with Hinge it doesn't post where your phone is, you can say you are from anywhere and no way to prove it. I was on the website for a week and busted like 4 scammers all in a row, its terrible! Dont waste your time, you have no idea who you are talking to... dead givaway, they write in broken English and incomplete sentences!

app (9)
deniseb612
April 8th, 2020

jonb530
November 14th, 2020

I'm another banned ex user of Hinge. I was banned for political reason and they took my money. It made me search further and I found
My efforts were rewarded and I met my woman there. Perseverance always pays off. Sooner or later you find a normal platform with decent service. I hope my review will facilitate this process for someone. I'm sure there are other good dating services as well. Don't waste your time on Hinge. It's worthless app designed to fleece people out of their money by banning them after they have made a payment. It's run by arrogant and disrespectful nerds! They love to steal from their consumers. I hope to my review will save someone from being ripped off.

baxterc20
January 17th, 2021

Hinge only works if you pay them and if you do they will ban you then run off with your money. My proof is the Better Business Bureau, the app store comments, a quick google search, and even the reviews here. This is blatant fraud and they should be sued. Minorities are also targeted and reported for having different beliefs.

Tip for consumers:
If you're going to use it, put gasoline on all your money and possessions and light it up with a match because you're going to throw your money away using this app and kill your phone battery. Goodluck though

peterl762
October 21st, 2020

Ok I did not get scammed, but Ugly! My God, They don't need a dating site they need a health club. They are just gross.

lynkl
February 7th, 2021

I have met and used the app for approximately 10 months. The data returned is not consistent. For example; if you are not interested the person it still continues to show up. The amount of likes are not based on time or number but some other algorithm. The more you use it the more they try to make you "buy". It is just a $#*! fest, you just have to match with the one who wants to $#*! you based on how you look. And thats the way it should be! I dont care how smart the dumb $#*! is even if she has a phd.

patd183
March 18th, 2020

Scam alert! They will ban you off their site with no reason why and will not refund your money. They gave me a week when I paid for a month. I did not violate any terms of service, but yet I was told I was banned and kept my money. This site is a pure waste of time and I would not recommend this to anyone trying to find love.

ladyl21
November 3rd, 2020

I met a guy on hinge he's name was Justin Lewis on the site but found out real name was Joseph kattab.
He lives in Harrow and he scammed me from £6000 now he's no where to be found
I'm putting he's picture up so everyone else can look out for this guy.

juditm2
December 9th, 2020

I joined Hinge a few weeks ago and paid a 6 months subscription of $ 29.99.
I was honest about my age, I'm 65, and looking for men age 60-75, that I clearly stated in my profile.
They have not sent a lot of "matches", and that was OK.
However 2 days ago they "matched" me with an 18 years old. Not only this is insulting and disgusting, but as a pediatrician I could lose my medical license if I dated someone that age.
Hinge is obviously using ONLY some strange algorithm to match people without any human insight.
I wrote to them and asked for a refund of $ 29.99. It is not the money, it is the principle.
They did not even bother to respond to me.

anaa294
January 20th, 2021

This guy is fake, scammer, and they have videos that they use on skipe to pretend that he is real while a voice is speaking on top of the videos... be careful!

mikew1271
November 3rd, 2020

They generally perform moderation in such a way that promotes an agenda. I was banned without cause and because I was exercising morality in a way that was appropriately respectful. Someone had disrespected me by not giving me their undivided attention (was texting, performing chores in her house, somewhat putting me on to perform to qualify myself). Hinge likely is staffed with people who likewise saw that I specified on my profile, "not anti-Trump" and this factored into their decision. I think internet companies like this on some level are promoting hate, but at the very least are promoting an agenda in clear violation of the statutes.

Requesting congressional investigation and subpoenas, please. Consumers are tired of having media companies tell them what morality is which is a private and personal matter. Hinge purports itself to foster connection and yet clearly has zero methodology in place for resolving interpersonal conflict (nor is it clear what role it should play). For the baseline situation outside of safety matters, Hinge is clearly in violation of the statutory obligation to uphold neutral public forum requirements. This means that as a company they could be (if found to be in violation) fined or held liable. It is about time for companies like Hinge to be held liable for their mistakes that impact lives.

rachaelb131
April 28th, 2021

Me and my husband had an account on here, and it was deleted for no reason. We were paying members and was able to restore the membership after we recreated another account. So if you are poly stay away.

jeannae4
April 13th, 2021

I've maybe gotten one or two likes and I've been on the site for 2 or 3 weeks. I've gone in and changed my prompts I've changed my photos and nothing has changed. I don't know if the men just don't go on the side after they sign up or it's a personal thing I can't figure it out. They also have something called standouts where they will spotlight somebody's profile but you cannot message those people you have to pay more money to send them a rose and if they want to message you they can but you can't. To me that's a scam and it's false advertising, I am not renewing my subscription and I'm upset that I joined it in the first place. Had to pick one start was the only option that was the least of all.

scottc927
May 30th, 2020

Charged 79.99 unauthorized for some crap called boost even though I don't have a subscription. Thieves, stayfar away from these clowns!

susanl736
October 27th, 2019

This site is dangerous. When a scammer on the site got my name and pictures and threatened me, I tried to report it to protect other users, but Hinge has no customer service and does not care about safety. And theres no refund from Hinge after the scammers on their dangerous site harm you. I'm reporting this to the FTC and filing a small claims just so Hinge gets the message... which us owned by Match.

richw103
May 18th, 2020

Just a bunch of people asking me to buy them a phone. Scamming you. Plus a bunch of low life Africans

annal311
October 21st, 2019

I joined this app hoping it would be different from all other swiping apps out there, as they promote this app is its 'designed to be deleted, so I thought it's intended for people who look for serious relationship. What a fool I was. Hinge turned out to be absolutely the same as tinder, bumble etc... its full of fake profiles, players and men looking only for hookups. If you want to meet a decent, respectful and single man with serious intentions - please save your precious time and don't bother with Hinge, absolute joke that app is.

mikat4
June 1st, 2015

Tip for consumers:
This works best if you have a well-developed Facebook account with lots of friends.

jond227
December 2nd, 2019

Want an app that will drain your battery in the blink of an eye?
Want an app that makes you trawl through hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of profiles a day, a lot of which you rejected yesterday?
Want an app that takes no notice whatsoever of the preferences you set, even if you make them ridiculously tight?
Then Hinge is for you
I set a really tight set of preferences (1 mile radius of my location and a two year age window (48 - 49) and it still gives me more than 200 profiles a day to wade through
Nobody has time for that!
I suspect that if you subscribe, the extra preferences you can control may cut the number of profiles down a lot. It's almost like it is designed to piss you off intensely so you spend your money to stop it being so bad
Ah, yes. It's all becoming clear now

bradm319
December 13th, 2020

Haha this is totally a BS dating app iv tried it twice just to double check for myself...
DONT BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME...

sandrah450
June 24th, 2019

Worst app! Only scammers contact you.
Hinge should be ashamed for allowing so many scam artists on this site! There is no security or filters to protect clientele from offshore fraud. Don't waste your money or time on Hinge! Plus They don't give you your money back

glennr76
February 12th, 2019

I created an account and they asked me to submit 6 pictures before I could send a like. For weeks, I was wondering what is going on. I haven't got any notifications. This is just like Tinder where I have to wait for someone to like me in order to message them. USELESS

jimk334
February 15th, 2019

What's the point in this app if I never get a message? I'm just checking photos all day long. This is by far the worst dating app ever.

jessicar303
June 24th, 2019

Tried using HINGE way back early this year; writing this review since this company has a profile on this site. Same stupid dumb premise as bumble and tinder swipe and wait for response from the opposite sex. The men is this app are idiots and want only sex and maybe even money. The men dont want to respond with cute and simple greetings just monotone one syllable words. Also a friend of mine used hinge and she had a date with a guy and she may have been raped because she didnt want to report it and also she was going through an ugly custody battle with her ex. So everyone stay away from this app as well. I only used this app for a minimum two weeks and nothing happened; just spoke to guys and that was it.

garya197
August 11th, 2019

I joined a short while ago. I think 9 out of 10 likes I get are scammers. It is endless and there is no reason to continue using the site.

timb477
December 11th, 2019

All these dating apps are being sued for fraud:

Questions? Get answers from the Hinge staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hinge?

Have a question about Hinge?