Hinge

Hinge has a consumer rating of 1.26 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Hinge most frequently mention fake profiles problems. Hinge ranks 389th among Dating sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.9%

No positive highlights yet

• What's the point in this app if I never get a message?
How would you rate Hinge?

“Lies Lies & More Lies”

Joseph K.
7/28/21

I am Joseph/ Justin no1 stole any money from anybody. Benna Basi AKA Tamia personally gave me this money. I have never asked for any money This lady continue to offer to help me financially investment. I have offered to pay the investment back now. However she has told Me to keep it. Contact me if you want the full story

“HINGE is 100% SCAM AND TIME WASTER”

Glen F.
6/22/21

After Hinge banned me I found Seek4Bride.com which is 100 times better than Hinge. The women are absolutely different there. It's really hard to engage in a conflict with anyone. The ladies are polite and understanding. If you don't trade nudes right away and don't write rude letters - you gonna be fine there! I've had one date through this platform so far and the woman was stunning. As for Hinge, I haven't had any dates. The level of censorship is unbelievably high on Hinge which by the way doesn't deter con artists from signing up and finding their victims. The majority of the women aren't attractive, and those who are cute and "sweet" turn out to be scammers. There are a lot of bitter users who report you if you reject them. As a result your profile gets banned.

app (9)
glenf65
June 22nd, 2021

joed1134
October 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

After 2 days of messages sent to profiles my account was banned with no explanation, they collected 3 months fee and have refused to refund as they say I have breached the agreement but will not tell me what term I have breached. I had no contact with anyone on this site. Its a scam stay away you have been warned.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t go there, check independent reviews, try free access for at least one week before spending your hard earned cash. Beware your account will be banned for unexplained reason

deniseb612
April 8th, 2020

Don't use Hinge! Full of foreign scammers with fake pics. Problem with Hinge it doesn't post where your phone is, you can say you are from anywhere and no way to prove it. I was on the website for a week and busted like 4 scammers all in a row, its terrible! Dont waste your time, you have no idea who you are talking to... dead givaway, they write in broken English and incomplete sentences!

baxterc20
January 17th, 2021

Hinge only works if you pay them and if you do they will ban you then run off with your money. My proof is the Better Business Bureau, the app store comments, a quick google search, and even the reviews here. This is blatant fraud and they should be sued. Minorities are also targeted and reported for having different beliefs.

Tip for consumers:
If you're going to use it, put gasoline on all your money and possessions and light it up with a match because you're going to throw your money away using this app and kill your phone battery. Goodluck though

frankd933
July 20th, 2021

I'm pretty sure that this app is phony. I had lots of matches on free trial. When I upgraded my membership the majority of these matches were nowhere to be found. The only ones left were complete undesirables. I recommend not wasting your money on Hinge - it's a very dodgy app. I think it's full of fake profiles and bots, otherwise I don't get it why my matches disappeared when I was lured into getting premium membership. It's bait and switch, created for membership fees. The crooks who own and run it are just preying on our money.

peterl762
October 21st, 2020

Ok I did not get scammed, but Ugly! My God, They don't need a dating site they need a health club. They are just gross.

hannahm344
May 19th, 2021

Terrible dating site! I went on there and I deleted it 3 days later I tried to create a new account and they have banned me! I spoke to one person... uploaded innocent happy pics! And they ban you for life! I think it's wrong... they want you to have love but then be so harsh with banning... it's terrible! Please don't sign up for it! You'll regret it

They don't give you a chance

I tried contacting them and got nothing!

Hinge your terrible!

larryr467
May 27th, 2021

Free membership gives you nothing, free options don't work. But they show you plenty of matches in your city. However, they are nowhere to be found when you upgrade to premium. What a scam! Save your $ and just avoid this money pit! Don't be suckered into Hinge and other fraudulent sites which sell you an overpriced long-term membership. They have almost no real people and they are nothing but a huge time- and money-vacuum.

lynkl
February 7th, 2021

I have met and used the app for approximately 10 months. The data returned is not consistent. For example; if you are not interested the person it still continues to show up. The amount of likes are not based on time or number but some other algorithm. The more you use it the more they try to make you "buy". It is just a $#*! fest, you just have to match with the one who wants to $#*! you based on how you look. And thats the way it should be! I dont care how smart the dumb $#*! is even if she has a phd.

josephk1129
July 28th, 2021

Me to keep it. Contact me if you want the full story

patd183
March 18th, 2020

Scam alert! They will ban you off their site with no reason why and will not refund your money. They gave me a week when I paid for a month. I did not violate any terms of service, but yet I was told I was banned and kept my money. This site is a pure waste of time and I would not recommend this to anyone trying to find love.

ladyl21
November 3rd, 2020

I met a guy on hinge he's name was Justin Lewis on the site but found out real name was Joseph kattab.
He lives in Harrow and he scammed me from £6000 now he's no where to be found
I'm putting he's picture up so everyone else can look out for this guy.

juditm2
December 9th, 2020

I joined Hinge a few weeks ago and paid a 6 months subscription of $ 29.99.
I was honest about my age, I'm 65, and looking for men age 60-75, that I clearly stated in my profile.
They have not sent a lot of "matches", and that was OK.
However 2 days ago they "matched" me with an 18 years old. Not only this is insulting and disgusting, but as a pediatrician I could lose my medical license if I dated someone that age.
Hinge is obviously using ONLY some strange algorithm to match people without any human insight.
I wrote to them and asked for a refund of $ 29.99. It is not the money, it is the principle.
They did not even bother to respond to me.

anaa294
January 20th, 2021

This guy is fake, scammer, and they have videos that they use on skipe to pretend that he is real while a voice is speaking on top of the videos... be careful!

jeffs280
May 19th, 2021

Do not subscribe to this app. It's a scam. They allow you like 5 matches a day so then you have to sign up, then if you sign up for a membership they take your money and ban you for no reason. Happened to me and a friend of mine. It's also full of fake profiles.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use this site and definitely don't give them money.

mikew1271
November 3rd, 2020

They generally perform moderation in such a way that promotes an agenda. I was banned without cause and because I was exercising morality in a way that was appropriately respectful. Someone had disrespected me by not giving me their undivided attention (was texting, performing chores in her house, somewhat putting me on to perform to qualify myself). Hinge likely is staffed with people who likewise saw that I specified on my profile, "not anti-Trump" and this factored into their decision. I think internet companies like this on some level are promoting hate, but at the very least are promoting an agenda in clear violation of the statutes.

Requesting congressional investigation and subpoenas, please. Consumers are tired of having media companies tell them what morality is which is a private and personal matter. Hinge purports itself to foster connection and yet clearly has zero methodology in place for resolving interpersonal conflict (nor is it clear what role it should play). For the baseline situation outside of safety matters, Hinge is clearly in violation of the statutory obligation to uphold neutral public forum requirements. This means that as a company they could be (if found to be in violation) fined or held liable. It is about time for companies like Hinge to be held liable for their mistakes that impact lives.

rachaelb131
April 28th, 2021

Me and my husband had an account on here, and it was deleted for no reason. We were paying members and was able to restore the membership after we recreated another account. So if you are poly stay away.

jeannae4
April 13th, 2021

I've maybe gotten one or two likes and I've been on the site for 2 or 3 weeks. I've gone in and changed my prompts I've changed my photos and nothing has changed. I don't know if the men just don't go on the side after they sign up or it's a personal thing I can't figure it out. They also have something called standouts where they will spotlight somebody's profile but you cannot message those people you have to pay more money to send them a rose and if they want to message you they can but you can't. To me that's a scam and it's false advertising, I am not renewing my subscription and I'm upset that I joined it in the first place. Had to pick one start was the only option that was the least of all.

christ1035
August 3rd, 2021

Hinge is a scam. They have a "standout" section full of attractive ppl you would be interested in to suck you in, but they're all fake profiles. You have to buy "roses" to send to these generic fake profiles. Once you become a member the algorithms put your profile at the bottom of the pile so you buy their profile boost option which increases your visibility. Then if you don't renew your membership, all of a sudden you get 8, 9, 10 likes per day. It's a cash grab and nothing more. There are some ppl you'll match with but you're better off trying something else cuz this is a huge scam. Good luck tho

scottc927
May 30th, 2020

Charged 79.99 unauthorized for some crap called boost even though I don't have a subscription. Thieves, stayfar away from these clowns!

susanl736
October 27th, 2019

This site is dangerous. When a scammer on the site got my name and pictures and threatened me, I tried to report it to protect other users, but Hinge has no customer service and does not care about safety. And theres no refund from Hinge after the scammers on their dangerous site harm you. I'm reporting this to the FTC and filing a small claims just so Hinge gets the message... which us owned by Match.

richw103
May 18th, 2020

Just a bunch of people asking me to buy them a phone. Scamming you. Plus a bunch of low life Africans

annal311
October 21st, 2019

I joined this app hoping it would be different from all other swiping apps out there, as they promote this app is its 'designed to be deleted, so I thought it's intended for people who look for serious relationship. What a fool I was. Hinge turned out to be absolutely the same as tinder, bumble etc... its full of fake profiles, players and men looking only for hookups. If you want to meet a decent, respectful and single man with serious intentions - please save your precious time and don't bother with Hinge, absolute joke that app is.

jond227
December 2nd, 2019

Want an app that will drain your battery in the blink of an eye?
Want an app that makes you trawl through hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of profiles a day, a lot of which you rejected yesterday?
Want an app that takes no notice whatsoever of the preferences you set, even if you make them ridiculously tight?
Then Hinge is for you
I set a really tight set of preferences (1 mile radius of my location and a two year age window (48 - 49) and it still gives me more than 200 profiles a day to wade through
Nobody has time for that!
I suspect that if you subscribe, the extra preferences you can control may cut the number of profiles down a lot. It's almost like it is designed to piss you off intensely so you spend your money to stop it being so bad
Ah, yes. It's all becoming clear now

bradm319
December 13th, 2020

Haha this is totally a BS dating app iv tried it twice just to double check for myself...
DONT BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME...

Questions? Get answers from the Hinge staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hinge?

Have a question about Hinge?