Hampton-lovett.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0800 025 3555
reception@hampton-lovett.co.uk

fayeg32
11/15/19
Was asked to get our business rates reviewed by my director, and found Hampton Lovett through one of their emails (yes, they are persistent and annoying). Anyway, had a visit from one of their guys and he talked me through the process and what to expect.
It did all seem a bit too good to be true, and I was apprehensive about the fee - not nearly as much as my boss was, though.
Anyways, it all came good and the savings that they stated did come true (well, they were a bit less but that's ok because we have saved - thousands).

I'm happy. The boss is happy. They did a good job. Thanks guys.
gavinm55
11/15/19
I'm a butcher, so I should know! The folks at Hampton Lovett have been smashing.

I had some good chats with a chap called Dean, and another one called Alan and they were always helpful and polite.

Don't know how they done it but I dont have to pay rates now. And I got back everything I had paid since 2 years! That's a lot of sausages, I can tell you!
lindseyl51
11/15/19
Customer service was a bit hit and miss at times - seemed to be an issue with staff absence and sickness. However, I was paying for a chat line, and they did get a big discount in the rates on my veterinary practice.

This has made a big difference to us as a business, and I am happy with what Hampton Lovett have done.

It does seem as though there is a lot of hate out there for this company, but I have to say that my experience is not the same as others on here.

As I said earlier, I did have a grumble about the customer service - and a man called up and apologised immediately and made assurances I would be contacted with answers within 24 hours. This was done.

In itself that is good customer service.

Looking at how many people are complaining on here I do wonder why they have never responded to the request for contacting the MD????

Great result, ok service, not bad at all.
jakew122
11/15/19
Hampton Lovett contacted me yesterday and advised that the valuation of my property had been reduced - and this was confirmed by and email from the VAO 20 minutes later. I've checked the reduction and the savings made, and I am delighted that I have saved a considerable amount of money by using their service.

I have been contacted by the Director of Hampton Lovett today, to thank me for my business - which is a nice touch.

It did take a while to get the appeal complete, but he has explained the process and I can see why. I am surprised by the bad reviews on here - especially when other review sites are generally positive.
michaelc2234
11/15/19
Have just been advised by the Valuations Office that my rates are being discounted and that I will be having a refund from the council.

Hampton Lovett have done a great job for me.
jonathanf161
11/15/19
We were advised by Hampton Lovett that we had a very good chance of a rate reduction/rebate and despite paying a lot of money upfront (and being threatened with legal action if we did not pay) Hampton Lovett failed to deliver and have sent a generic letter that they are not going to pursue the challenge of our rates - avoid dealing with them - we wish we had.
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Jonathan, we are extremely disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction, please contact us on 0203 949 5554 as we would like to discuss this matter with you and clarify the position.
rachelr234
11/14/19
A very high pressure salesman rang me today. He began to lose it a little when I said I would need to speak to my colleague before booking a surveyor as she'd looked at a similar company before - he said he wished I'd told him at the beginning of the conversation! When he said he'd ring back I said I would prefer to ring him, he was very reluctant to give me the name of the company, and when I asked for the phone number he rattled it off so quickly I could hardly write it down and then he hung up on me! He then rang back to apologise saying he hadn't realised I was still speaking (I wasn't) how rude!
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Rachel, I am extremely sorry to learn of this experience that you have had with Hampton Lovett. I have arranged for full retraining to be given to our pre-assessment team regarding this matter as the ethos of the Company is to provide a quality, consultative service of the highest standard.

Customer expereience is something that we hold at the core of our business, and any feedback is taken seriously - which I hope is demonstrated by the fact that every review is responded to and engagement is requested so that we can identify how we can resolve any concerns that have arisen as a result of the service we provide.

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and give you my sincerest assurances that the time you have taken to leave this feedback will be used to improve our service.

Chris Goodhand
anthonyn113
11/12/19
These people promised the earth with almost guaranteed savings of £15k per year ongoing and potential to claim for previous three years. They took thousands off us and then stated there was no further opportunity. Today they still continue to send speculative emails making claims we are overpaying our rates!!!
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Anthony, I am deepy concerned by your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a view to identiying the appropriate path to resolving matters for you.

Please contact me on 0203 949 5554.

Kind regards, Chris Goodhand
sarahs1087
11/8/19
This company looks legit but they are essentially scammers. They are so inept either through lack of care or maliciously that you will be more likely to pay more business rates after they get involved. Avoid at all costs.
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Sarah, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a view to identiying the appropriate path to resolving matters for you.

Please contact me on 0203 949 5554.

Kind regards, Chris Goodhand
roryw21
9/5/19
Really pleased with the end result from Hampton Lovett - admittedly I was cynical at first but as a start up I was very worried about the initial level of rates I was faced with. Anyway, the proof of the pudding is, as they say, in the eating and my photography studio is now exempt from rates and I have a 2 year breather to concentrate on getting the business where it needs to be.
renar11
4/23/19
Had representative visit my office and lying about FREE assessment. Was on my own in office with customers while Hampton-Lovett representative came in and started to pressure me to sign for this FREE assessment. To say the least I felt under pressure while dealing with customers and phone ringing to sign it. What a mistake. Week later received an invoice for over £1000 for their survey (which never took place). I refused to pay upon which they decided to take me to court.
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Rena, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
We can be contacted by telephone on 0203 949 5554 or by emailing chris@hampton-lovett.co.uk.
davei60
4/10/19
Same as the rest. Lies regarding how strong a case we had, how we'd make a huge saving. Pressurised into signing and parting with a load of cash. The bad feedback is starting to pile up, and can't be hidden by all the surprisingly similar '5 star reviews'. They'll crash and burn soon, just like the linked *, and come back under a new name to rip off the next lot of mugs.

*Personal information redacted by admin
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Dave, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
julesr22
4/10/19
Based upon my experience, I agree with every negative review regarding this company and fundamentally disagree with every positive comment. I was told that we were heavily overpaying rates and were due a large reduction. Made a large payment to Hampton Lovett, had surveys that apparently supported the sales pitch, however upon inspection by the council, we have had our rates slightly increased. Of course I have had endless promises regarding the next rating period which they will contest on my behalf when I have confronted them, etc, etc. I will not hold my breath. Not good to build a business on the back of lies and misinformation!!
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Jules, we are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction, and thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
willh100
4/9/19
Dealing with this company has been an absolute nightmare. They lied to us at the start of the process by saying we were definitely due a refund on our business rates due to incorrect measurements and the council not taking the kitchen area into account, only for them to come back over year later and say this was actually not the case. The communication has been terrible and it has taken them months to action anything and get answers. Do not waste your money or time with them, they're absolute crooks. I wish we had seen all these negative reviews before!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Hi Will. I can confirm that we are taking the action discussed. I will be in contact again in due course, and am pleased that we have now been able to resolve this matter accordingly.
maggiec45
1/31/19
We paid this company a considerable amount of money on the promise that would secure a rate reduction for us. After they came in to do a review, we heard very little from them. We constantly chased them and were fobbed off each time. Months later, we finally have a decision and it's no surprise that we have been told we will not get a rate reduction. These guys are a sham of a company and their only interest is to take your money. Do not use.
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Maggie, I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service received from the Company, and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them and identifying whether your experience can be used in improving our services for other clients.

As I am sure you will understand, customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us, and although we strive to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers, we do recognise that we do not always meet their expectations. We believe it is important to listen to any customer feedback, so we can improve the service we provide.

Please can you contact me so we can enter into a dialogue?
janew221
1/10/19
Do not let this company tell you they can get your rates revised. The minute you pay their retainer you will never get a returned phone call or an honest assessment. And you definitely won't get a rates revision.
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Jane, we have messaged you privately and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns.
daniels670
10/2/18
I was contacted by Hampton Lovett earlier this year advising me they believed my business rates were to high, i was skeptical at first as ive heard negative press about certain rating agencys, however i need not have worried, i was kept informed often about where my appeal was and what was happening, and in the space of a short time i was delighted to receive notification from the valuation office that my business rates were being reduced significantly, i cannot thank them enough for there help and id advise anyone to contact them to see what they can do for you.
davidw564
6/25/18
Have received non-stop emails and correspondence from this company who have taken over the client base of Addison James.
As a warning see:
Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
David, please can you clarify the nature of your concerns.

As a point of clarity, Hampton Lovett did acquire the customer portfolio of Addison James in the final quarter of 2017 and we are servicing those clients in accordance with the terms of the contract under which Addison James were initially instructed. We recognised that some clients would prefer to opt-out of the contractual relationship following the transfer, and we gave them this opportunity. Others allocated to stay with Hampton Lovett, and we are delighted to include them in our client base.
The two companies are totally separate legal entities, with no common Directors, which hopefully answers the question in the headline of your post.
There is insufficient information here to identify whether you are among our active client portfolio, and I am sorry if you have been inconvenienced by our email marketing. If you contact us direct, or message me via this site, I will arrange to have your details added to our suppression files.

Paul, please feel free to contact us with any concerns that you have regarding Hampton Lovett. We want to learn about the experiences of prospective and existing clients so we can understand any improvements that we can make to deliver our services in the best possible way. For the record, the Company is legitimate. We are aware that there are some detrimental comments posted online and we have contacted the individuals who have posted them in order to resolve their concerns.

By Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative

not Honest at all. They have no intention of doing what they promise you and only want your money.

By A A.

Bob, please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Please contact us with any concerns that you have regarding the service received.

By Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Hampton-lovett.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Hampton-lovett.co.uk