Hampton-lovett.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0800 025 3555

davei60
4/10/19

Same as the rest. Lies regarding how strong a case we had, how we'd make a huge saving. Pressurised into signing and parting with a load of cash. The bad feedback is starting to pile up, and can't be hidden by all the surprisingly similar '5 star reviews'. They'll crash and burn soon, just like the linked Addison James, and come back under a new name to rip off the next lot of mugs.

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Dave, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
We can be contacted by telephone on 0203 949 5554 or by emailing chris@hampton-lovett.co.uk.
julesr22
4/10/19

Based upon my experience, I agree with every negative review regarding this company and fundamentally disagree with every positive comment. I was told that we were heavily overpaying rates and were due a large reduction. Made a large payment to Hampton Lovett, had surveys that apparently supported the sales pitch, however upon inspection by the council, we have had our rates slightly increased. Of course I have had endless promises regarding the next rating period which they will contest on my behalf when I have confronted them, etc, etc. I will not hold my breath. Not good to build a business on the back of lies and misinformation!!

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Jules, we are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction, and thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
willh100
4/9/19

Dealing with this company has been an absolute nightmare. They lied to us at the start of the process by saying we were definitely due a refund on our business rates due to incorrect measurements and the council not taking the kitchen area into account, only for them to come back over year later and say this was actually not the case. The communication has been terrible and it has taken them months to action anything and get answers. Do not waste your money or time with them, they're absolute crooks. I wish we had seen all these negative reviews before!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Hi Will. I can confirm that we are taking the action discussed. I will be in contact again in due course, and am pleased that we have now been able to resolve this matter accordingly.
maggiec45
1/31/19

We paid this company a considerable amount of money on the promise that would secure a rate reduction for us. After they came in to do a review, we heard very little from them. We constantly chased them and were fobbed off each time. Months later, we finally have a decision and it's no surprise that we have been told we will not get a rate reduction. These guys are a sham of a company and their only interest is to take your money. Do not use.

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Maggie, I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service received from the Company, and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them and identifying whether your experience can be used in improving our services for other clients.

As I am sure you will understand, customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us, and although we strive to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers, we do recognise that we do not always meet their expectations. We believe it is important to listen to any customer feedback, so we can improve the service we provide.

Please can you contact me so we can enter into a dialogue?
janew221
1/10/19

Do not let this company tell you they can get your rates revised. The minute you pay their retainer you will never get a returned phone call or an honest assessment. And you definitely won't get a rates revision.

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Jane, we have messaged you privately and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns.
grahamp32
12/3/18

I can't help feeling duped. We, in good faith, paid an considerable sum to Addison James to undertake a rates review just over a YEAR ago. Then without warning, we were advised that the claim has been passed to these guys. Our claim appears to have disappeared into a massive void; with no action or responses forthcoming. I'd like to think it is being dealt with professionally but am still awaiting evidence of that.

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Graham, please can you contact us directly so we can address your concerns as completely as possible. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest standards of service possible and are deeply concerned that you feel this way. Thank you.
chrisd497
11/9/18

I don't normally endorse rate reduction companies as the FSB has fought long and hard to achieve major change often capitalised by these firms
However Hampton Lovett are an exception - during the last few weeks I encountered a client of mine who was charged for their services even though they were well within a zero rate after relief within a week my FSB members were refunded all costs - I will definitely be making recommendations to my members in Dorset and Hampshire business rates are unfair and unreasonable the FSB and companies like Hampton Lovett could help you in your struggle against this matter

daniels670
10/2/18

I was contacted by Hampton Lovett earlier this year advising me they believed my business rates were to high, i was skeptical at first as ive heard negative press about certain rating agencys, however i need not have worried, i was kept informed often about where my appeal was and what was happening, and in the space of a short time i was delighted to receive notification from the valuation office that my business rates were being reduced significantly, i cannot thank them enough for there help and id advise anyone to contact them to see what they can do for you.

davidw564
6/25/18

Have received non-stop emails and correspondence from this company who have taken over the client base of Addison James.
As a warning see:

Response from Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
David, please can you clarify the nature of your concerns.

As a point of clarity, Hampton Lovett did acquire the customer portfolio of Addison James in the final quarter of 2017 and we are servicing those clients in accordance with the terms of the contract under which Addison James were initially instructed. We recognised that some clients would prefer to opt-out of the contractual relationship following the transfer, and we gave them this opportunity. Others allocated to stay with Hampton Lovett, and we are delighted to include them in our client base.
The two companies are totally separate legal entities, with no common Directors, which hopefully answers the question in the headline of your post.
There is insufficient information here to identify whether you are among our active client portfolio, and I am sorry if you have been inconvenienced by our email marketing. If you contact us direct, or message me via this site, I will arrange to have your details added to our suppression files.

Paul, please feel free to contact us with any concerns that you have regarding Hampton Lovett. We want to learn about the experiences of prospective and existing clients so we can understand any improvements that we can make to deliver our services in the best possible way. For the record, the Company is legitimate. We are aware that there are some detrimental comments posted online and we have contacted the individuals who have posted them in order to resolve their concerns.

By Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative

They aren't, they're shysters. They'll take you money and bugger off,

By Dave I.

Bob, please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Please contact us with any concerns that you have regarding the service received.

By Chris G., Hampton-lovett.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Hampton-lovett.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Hampton-lovett.co.uk