Hampton-lovett.co.uk

Hampton-lovett.co.uk

hampton-lovett.co.uk

Hampton-lovett.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.4 stars from 25 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Hampton-lovett.co.uk also ranks 95th among Business Services Other sites.

• I was initially skeptic although about using Hampton Lovett -

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Hampton-lovett.co.uk?

“Reduced my rates and got me a grant”

Lee M.
4/25/20

Hampton Lovett reduced my rateable on both my warehouse below £15,000 from £23,750 which qualified both units to qualify for the £10k grant. With a £9k rebate on both. Would definitely recommend thanks guys

“Shocking and outrageous deception!”

Marc J.
2/10/20

Avoid these people at all costs. They gave us a categorical assurance that they could achieve a reduction to our business rates after we had a visit from one of their "surveyors" We paid an equivalent of one months business rates, a fee of £6.500 yet after months of chasing, we received a letter saying that what they had originally told us in the initial survey before we had paid was in fact completely untrue. we were further told that we were not eligible for a refund because of the work that had been done by the Survey department. Terrible con!!

hampton lovett (13)
samt239
February 4th, 2020
I was initially skeptic although about using Hampton Lovett - I saw reviews having settled their invoice and was determined to get my money back. However, I was assured that there would be no issues with achieving a reduction in my rates.

After a considerable amount of time - and I will admit to having been frustrated - I am now delighted with the outcome and the business is £2,500 better of per month.

It's clear that they did an excellent job, and reading between the lines I think that the majority of the issues that I experienced were not of their making.

I really enjoyed the conversations with them - polite and professional to the last.
marcj64
February 10th, 2020
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Marc, I have sent an email to you this morning which I hope will clarify matters for you. The reality of the situation is that your appeal is still being prepared for escalation to the Challenge stage of the Valuation Office Agency's (VOA) appeal process.

Because of the way in which the appeal process works, there are occassions when several initial proposals need to be submitted to the VOA before escalating the case to the Challenge stage of the process.

Having taken the opportunity to review your file it appears that there has been some miscommunication that has resulted in your comments above. I sincerely apologise for this.

More information is contained in the email I have sent this morning.
gavinm55
November 15th, 2019
I'm a butcher, so I should know! The folks at Hampton Lovett have been smashing.

I had some good chats with a chap called Dean, and another one called Alan and they were always helpful and polite.

Don't know how they done it but I dont have to pay rates now. And I got back everything I had paid since 2 years! That's a lot of sausages, I can tell you!
gavins55
April 2nd, 2020
These guys gave us all the promises of large discounts off our business rates, after a consultation with "a specialist" and the spiel about the government legislation meaning that they cannot put cases forward that were not virtually guaranteed to return a discount as well as back payments for incorrect charging by local councils- guess what?... no refund or future discount given here! We paid these guys circa £1400 and following serval threatening letters regarding legal action should we not pay the fees and continue the council rates claim which we subsequently did. After time (way over the time period proposed) we received several letters advising about our cases progress or lack of. Eventually having begun to get very frustrated with the lack of tangible action we are advised that there had been severe backlogs in the system and it would take longer than usual, then apparently our application had been denied and they felt it better to not submit the claim formally as it could be counter-productive and the rates could in fact be raised due to the nature of our premises. Supposedly these guys are the experts and it became blindingly obvious we were being strung along. After making several attempts to speak to someone at Hampton Lovett and get some concise answers I eventually spoke to * who told me that there was nothing further that could be done to which I promised him I would be coming to the office in person to discuss the matter. Strangely, some days later I was called by * who had supposedly attended a meeting with the Director(s) (I assume with *- also Director at Corporate Commercial Surveyors Limited) and mentioned our case; in which he pled for our money to be returned in return for our negative reviews being deleted from the online platforms detailing these guys horrific service. We were promised a full refund by 27th March and the office has now shut with only 'out of office' emails in reply. If you are thinking of using these guys or Corporate Commercial Surveyors Limited- I warn you to take notice and think again, as I suspect you will like me, regret it.

*Personal information redacted by admin
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Gavin, a private message has been sent requesting information. Please respond so we can assist.

jl405
February 21st, 2020
• Updated review
An exact copy of the same email received by one member of our team was received by another, in a different region in relation to a different property of ours - addressed to a different person. Again referring to 'previous correspondence' which may be remembered - which doesn't exist. Again, filed under spam.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
We have sent private messages discussing this situation with a view to resolving your concerns.
Sneaky spam/unsolicited email touting for business.
February 19th, 2020
• Previous review
Our Property team at one of our sites received an unsolicited email from this company with the subject referring to a penalty effective from 01 April, whereas the (poorly written) body of the email simply stated they have identified further (assuming they had identified some already) discrepancies in the valuation of our premises... we are still available to do a physical inspection at no cost to see if we can identify reasons.... It also refers to 'previous correspondence which you may remember'... there was no previous correspondence! FYI we have our own surveyor's.
fayeg32
November 15th, 2019
Was asked to get our business rates reviewed by my director, and found Hampton Lovett through one of their emails (yes, they are persistent and annoying). Anyway, had a visit from one of their guys and he talked me through the process and what to expect.
It did all seem a bit too good to be true, and I was apprehensive about the fee - not nearly as much as my boss was, though.
Anyways, it all came good and the savings that they stated did come true (well, they were a bit less but that's ok because we have saved - thousands).

I'm happy. The boss is happy. They did a good job. Thanks guys.
michaelc2234
Verified purchase
Have just been advised by the Valuations Office that my rates are being discounted and that I will be having a refund from the council.

Hampton Lovett have done a great job for me.
davei60
April 10th, 2019
Same as the rest. Lies regarding how strong a case we had, how we'd make a huge saving. Pressurised into signing and parting with a load of cash. The bad feedback is starting to pile up, and can't be hidden by all the surprisingly similar '5 star reviews'. They'll crash and burn soon, just like the linked *, and come back under a new name to rip off the next lot of mugs.

*Personal information redacted by admin
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Dave, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your concerns with a view to resolving them.
We can be contacted by telephone on 0203 949 5554 or by emailing chris@hampton-lovett.co.uk.
roryw21
September 5th, 2019
Really pleased with the end result from Hampton Lovett - admittedly I was cynical at first but as a start up I was very worried about the initial level of rates I was faced with. Anyway, the proof of the pudding is, as they say, in the eating and my photography studio is now exempt from rates and I have a 2 year breather to concentrate on getting the business where it needs to be.
stevend608
March 19th, 2020
Promised everything and delivered nothing, only wanted to take money and then they dont want to know.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Steven, I am disappointed that you are disatisfied with the service received and a message has been sent via this website this morning.
Please respond so we can work towards resolving your concerns.
davidr2323
May 13th, 2020
Unfortunately my story is the same as everyone else's, i'm annoyed because i had already appealed my business rates and was refused due to the premises changes was none structural and zonal, according to Hampton Lovett this was incorrect and i had a pretty strong case to receive a reduction and a back dated payment so i paid them £1200 to take my case on and appeal again, and guess what? i have just received the same refusal message from the valuation agency so the whole process was a waste of money and time.
WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE PARTING WITH MY MONEY
maggiec45
January 31st, 2019
We paid this company a considerable amount of money on the promise that would secure a rate reduction for us. After they came in to do a review, we heard very little from them. We constantly chased them and were fobbed off each time. Months later, we finally have a decision and it's no surprise that we have been told we will not get a rate reduction. These guys are a sham of a company and their only interest is to take your money. Do not use.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Maggie, we have messaged you privately on 12th February 2019 asking you to contact us so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

The Company takes pride in delivering the highest standards of service to our clients, though we recognise that we do not always acheive the high standards we set for ourselves. When this happens it is important to us to understand how our customers expectations have not been met, so we can learn from their experience and improve the way in which we deliver our services.

It is disappointing that you have not contacted us. With over 5,000 properties in our client portfolio it can sometimes be impossible to identify an individual from the information made available by Sitejabber.

We want to understand where your concerns have arised from - whether it relates to the service received, the way in which it has been delivered or if there has been some degree of miscommunication that needs correcting.

Our offer to discuss this matter with you remains open. Please send us a message via this site with your company name, business address or other information that will enable us to identify your business.

renar11
April 23rd, 2019
Had representative visit my office and lying about FREE assessment. Was on my own in office with customers while Hampton-Lovett representative came in and started to pressure me to sign for this FREE assessment. To say the least I felt under pressure while dealing with customers and phone ringing to sign it. What a mistake. Week later received an invoice for over £1000 for their survey (which never took place). I refused to pay upon which they decided to take me to court.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Rena, we messaged you privately on 4th July 2019 asking you to contact us so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

johns5026
November 18th, 2019
Worse company to deal with ever.

Full of promises but are actually scammers!

Avoid at all costs as they won't deliver what is agreed. All they want is your hard earned money.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
John, we requested information from you on 28th January 2020 requesting information to help us identify you amongst our client portfolio but we have still not received this and are, therefore, unable to provide a full response to your concerns.

simonf80
April 23rd, 2020
HAVING BEEN CONNED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER COMPANY PROMISING RATES REDUCTION I WAS WARY OF TAKING ON ANOTHER COMPANY TO ACT ON OUR BEHALF. HAMPTON LOVETT SEEMED TO BE GENUINE AND THEY DID PROMISE THEY WOULD DO THEIR BEST TO GET ME A REDUCTION IN MY BUSINESS RATES AS I HAD A GOOD CASE. OVER TWELVE MONTHS LATER AND AFTER MENY EMAILS I AM NO NEARER GETTING THIS RESOLVED. I HAVE ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK AS I BELIEVE THE CONTRACT WAS MISS-SOLD A BIT LIKE PPI BUT TO DATE NOTHING HAS BEEN FORTHCOMING. I DO HAVE CONTACTS WITH ANOTHER SIMILAR COMPANY WHO ARE WATCHING THE PROGRESS OF MY CLAIM AND THEY REPORT EVERY LITTLE HAS HAPPENED AND WHAT HAS I COULD HAVE DONE MYSELF. IF ANYBODY READS THIS AND IS CONTEMPLATING HIRING HL I WOULD RESPECTFULLY ADVISE AGAINST IT.
SIMON FITTON WIGHTMAN STEWART (WJ) LTD
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Simon, your case is still ongoing and we will be submitting further evidence to the VOA in order to ensure that the rateable value of your property is correct and fair.
Rates appeals can sometimes take longer to complete than initially expected - their is no statutory timeframe for the VOA to conclude a case.

Your property is reviewed regularly to identify when further submissions to the VOA are appropriate and likley to result in the best outcome.

We will be submitting further information in the coming weeks, and will keep you updated on the progress.
daniels670
October 2nd, 2018
I was contacted by Hampton Lovett earlier this year advising me they believed my business rates were to high, i was skeptical at first as ive heard negative press about certain rating agencys, however i need not have worried, i was kept informed often about where my appeal was and what was happening, and in the space of a short time i was delighted to receive notification from the valuation office that my business rates were being reduced significantly, i cannot thank them enough for there help and id advise anyone to contact them to see what they can do for you.
robertg1135
December 16th, 2019
Do not deal with this company. They assured us that we stood an excellent chance of a rate reduction. I had to chase them for progress. I then called the Rates Office to discover that they missed a crucial deadline to submit, and that their case never stood a chance of success.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Robert, sent you a privately message on on 28th January 2020 asking you to contact ius so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

julesr22
April 10th, 2019
Based upon my experience, I agree with every negative review regarding this company and fundamentally disagree with every positive comment. I was told that we were heavily overpaying rates and were due a large reduction. Made a large payment to Hampton Lovett, had surveys that apparently supported the sales pitch, however upon inspection by the council, we have had our rates slightly increased. Of course I have had endless promises regarding the next rating period which they will contest on my behalf when I have confronted them, etc, etc. I will not hold my breath. Not good to build a business on the back of lies and misinformation!!
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Jules, we messaged you privately on 15th April 2019 asking you to contact us so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

leem370
April 25th, 2020
Would definitely recommend thanks guys
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Thanks Lee, it was good working with you.
lindseyl51
November 15th, 2019
Customer service was a bit hit and miss at times - seemed to be an issue with staff absence and sickness. However, I was paying for a chat line, and they did get a big discount in the rates on my veterinary practice.

This has made a big difference to us as a business, and I am happy with what Hampton Lovett have done.

It does seem as though there is a lot of hate out there for this company, but I have to say that my experience is not the same as others on here.

As I said earlier, I did have a grumble about the customer service - and a man called up and apologised immediately and made assurances I would be contacted with answers within 24 hours. This was done.

In itself that is good customer service.

Looking at how many people are complaining on here I do wonder why they have never responded to the request for contacting the MD????

Great result, ok service, not bad at all.
mikec999
February 5th, 2020
Problems at first but all sorted and amicably resolved.

Problems at first but all sorted and amicably resolved.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Thanks for taking the time to provide me with your contact details, and for speaking with me this morning.

I am deeply sorry for the miscommunication regarding this matter, and that we have failed to meet your expectations and the high standards we set for ourselves. From situations such as these we can learn how to improve in the future. Accordingly, I will be investigating the points you have raised and taking the appropriate action.

I have sent a copy of the information requested to you via email. We have prepared a new Check and this will be submitted this afternoon. We can then escalate to Challenge on the criteria that this Check will set a precedent for.

Once again, thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and for giving me the opportunity to progress matters for you.
janew221
January 10th, 2019
Do not let this company tell you they can get your rates revised. The minute you pay their retainer you will never get a returned phone call or an honest assessment. And you definitely won't get a rates revision.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Jane, we have messaged you privately and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Jane, we have messaged you privately on 18th January 2019 asking you to contact ius so we could discuss your concerns, but have never received a response to that request.

willh100
April 9th, 2019
Dealing with this company has been an absolute nightmare. They lied to us at the start of the process by saying we were definitely due a refund on our business rates due to incorrect measurements and the council not taking the kitchen area into account, only for them to come back over year later and say this was actually not the case. The communication has been terrible and it has taken them months to action anything and get answers. Do not waste your money or time with them, they're absolute crooks. I wish we had seen all these negative reviews before!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
Hi Will. I can confirm that we are taking the action discussed. I will be in contact again in due course, and am pleased that we have now been able to resolve this matter accordingly.
jakew122
November 15th, 2019
Hampton Lovett contacted me yesterday and advised that the valuation of my property had been reduced - and this was confirmed by and email from the VAO 20 minutes later. I've checked the reduction and the savings made, and I am delighted that I have saved a considerable amount of money by using their service.

I have been contacted by the Director of Hampton Lovett today, to thank me for my business - which is a nice touch.

It did take a while to get the appeal complete, but he has explained the process and I can see why. I am surprised by the bad reviews on here - especially when other review sites are generally positive.
davidw564
June 25th, 2018
Have received non-stop emails and correspondence from this company who have taken over the client base of Addison James.
As a warning see:
Chris G. – Hampton-lovett.co.uk Rep
David, please can you clarify the nature of your concerns.

As a point of clarity, Hampton Lovett did acquire the customer portfolio of Addison James in the final quarter of 2017 and we are servicing those clients in accordance with the terms of the contract under which Addison James were initially instructed. We recognised that some clients would prefer to opt-out of the contractual relationship following the transfer, and we gave them this opportunity. Others allocated to stay with Hampton Lovett, and we are delighted to include them in our client base.
The two companies are totally separate legal entities, with no common Directors, which hopefully answers the question in the headline of your post.
There is insufficient information here to identify whether you are among our active client portfolio, and I am sorry if you have been inconvenienced by our email marketing. If you contact us direct, or message me via this site, I will arrange to have your details added to our suppression files.

Paul, please feel free to contact us with any concerns that you have regarding Hampton Lovett. We want to learn about the experiences of prospective and existing clients so we can understand any improvements that we can make to deliver our services in the best possible way. For the record, the Company is legitimate. We are aware that there are some detrimental comments posted online and we have contacted the individuals who have posted them in order to resolve their concerns.

By Chris G., Director