Review of GoFundMe

GoFundMe reviews

855 Jefferson Avenue

lisam489
2/19/19

I was happy to contribute recently to a very worthy cause spear-headed by the local branch of a trusted children's educational non-profit, First Five. They were soliciting donations through the crowd funding company, Go Fund Me. While I was going through the steps to add my donation, I noticed an additional request to "include a tip" to the Go Fund Me organization. I opted not to click on this unexpected add-on, but when my account was billed, they had added a hefty "tip" to the amount I had chosen. I wrote to the Go Fund Me company expressing my objection to their billing me beyond what I had agreed to pay, but they never responded. In future, I don't plan to share funds again via this company, Go Fund Me.

Response from GoFundMe I., GoFundMe Representative
Hi Lisa, we are so sorry for any confusion and that we did not receive your message.

Now that GoFundMe has 0% platform fees, generous tips from our donors allow us to maintain and improve our free platform so that we can help even more people. That said, tips are completely optional, and we can certainly refund that tip since it wasn't intentional.

If you contact us here: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us, one of our Happiness Agents will issue a refund to you right away, and those funds will return to your card in 3-7 business days.

We look forward to hearing from you!
reginaldh32
1/9/19

I'm dealing with prostate cancer battle,bills transportation,medication,counseling,harmone treatment,radiation...ext.

nathans171
11/17/18
• Updated review

I found this (GoFundMe) to be a way to reach out to people
you may or may know, with a compassionate heart to the human needs of the human
race. A heart felt thank you to all who have already contributed and to the
ones who are going to contribute. God
bless you!

“help my home”
9/13/18
• Previous review

I found it to be a way to reach out to people you may or may know, with a compassionate heart to the human needs of the human race.

cynthiag146
11/6/18

I want to thank this company for helping us. This has helped us a lot in our ministry. I could never be able to do this without the help of gofundme. I want to thank them over and over for giving us the opportunity to be able to provide the ladies in jail with Life Recovery Bibles

nancyp273
10/23/18

My mother passed away in May at the age of 92. She loved Zumba fitness classes, and attended regularly in Ohio and Massachusetts.

GoFundMe allowed me the opportunity to give back to the many people whose lives she touched. Many seniors are in need financially and physically. This campaign has touched many lives.

Thank you!

susans859
10/21/18

I reluctantly started a gofundme account as my husband needed insulin and we couldn't afford it any longer. We needed 1,257 dollars which was our co-pay. Go fund me kept me constantly informed and offered suggestions all the way through our event. We reached our goal thankfully and I filled out the banking information. I then reviewed some of the comments and they were horrible! My experience was smooth and rewarding and I am very pleased that they were able to help. I have seen where they have helped others in need also. I pray that others in need will not hesitate to make a page for them or someone else in need. This was truly a life saver for us! the money collected was deposited within our account in 2 business days. :)

denisem312
10/21/18

GoFundMe is a great online tool to help others. In particular, I was surprised that their customer service actually work. Many on line tools say you can contact them for help but they never respond to e-mails moreover in a timely manner. I had problems setting up my fundraiser and they were very responsive to all my questions. Many thanks to the staff for helping me help my high school.

iang101
10/17/18

GoFundMe helped our community winter recreation project in Orléans, Ontario (Ski Heritage East) raise much needed funds. Any questions we had were quickly and helpfully answered. The tips on how to set up and use the site were effective.

adolphinec
10/7/18

Recently I was the target of a scam which emptied my bank account. This action took every penny, paid bills were returned with a large fee from the bank. I was left with no money and a $1900 bill owned to the bank. A longtime friend jumped in and created a GoFundMe account. Within the month I had enough donations to pull me out of the hole. In the beginning, not being familiar with how the site worked, I went to the 'Chat' room. Someone named Tammie helped me right away and stuck with me till I worked through my problem. The opportunity to have a GoFundMe site helped me out of a very bad situation. I am hoping that the Scammers aren't able to get into this and mess it up for everyone who truly needs help.

charlies113
10/5/18

GoFundMe's site made the process of setting up a funding campaign very easy, even enjoyable. We are a music group from North London, just trying to get our music out in the wider world. The customer service was super fast and to the point and each representative was very friendly and genuine. If only all companies could inspire their staff to work this way, it would be a better world. Our funding campaign is turning out to be a great success, we've raised the target and are hoping to be going on tour soon! Many thanks to all the GoFundMe team!

laurenl178
10/4/18

I have to say, I think this company is the best company I've ever dealt with for anything in my life. Your emails and answers and explanations are so clear and helpful. You're fast and I always get a lovely vibe from each of you. Thank you x

barbarah417
9/27/18

The site is extremely easy to navigate and set up. The site also includes videos to demonstrate how to use the site.
Though my attempt to raise money for the woman to have a double lung transplant, GoFundMe kept me updated on my progress, and then when it became apparent that I was not going to meet the goal set GoFundMe advised me on how to dismantle the site. I would definitely use GoFundMe should I ever need to raise money again.

josephinew19
9/24/18

I was very pleased with the overall problem resolution and response to take care of my request.I feel very confident and informed. Thanks again

remyf3
9/24/18

The site works well and does what it needs to do. I really appreciate the good customer support - when things came up that I couldn't answer with a google search or in the FAQ, I reached out to customer support. They always responded quickly and were very helpful and professional.

samanthaj85
9/24/18

I found their response team to be very speedy, yet they were still able to manage to be polite and helped you on a personal level. Meaning that they interacted with me at a personal level, listened to what I was saying, and asked questions; instead of, giving me a generic response. Cheers!

jacquem10
9/24/18

After my frustration, I felt like I was just another number in line.
Celine took the time, made sure I knew she was real, put a face to her name.
She walked me through the computers unwillingness to accept me. She made it possible to overcome the humps.
I am not a photogenic person so, I truly like the fact everyone was willing to help a faceless person from Denver.. Thank you all, may smiles be many and sunshine be enjoyed.

denish52
9/24/18

Gofundme allowed a family to reach far a wide for support! Within a week we had reached 60% of our goal! I ran into some complications while setting up the bank stuff. I sent an email and the response came back within 5 minutes...
There is absolutely no way we could have done it without the help of gofundme!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

elisam40
9/23/18

I or a system error when I made a donation to help out a friend. Glenn contacted me within 30 minutes and had it resolved by refunding me back the charge. Was impressed with his professionalism and speed of correcting the error. Very satisfied with gofundme.

larrya136
9/23/18

Simple and easy to use. The site is good for raising money and seems very reliable and trustworthy. I would recommend using gofundme.

mitzieh
9/22/18

I personally havent gotten a dime, but I see the amazing thing it has made happened to others, also prompt customer service!

jims592
9/21/18

My issues and questions are quickly resolved and addressed . Associates are positive and upbeat ...exceptionaly trained

tomi54
9/21/18

I have used this app to help a young girl with huge medical bills, I couldn't pay them off but she was able to decide where the money was needed at that time. Another for multiple surgeries on a 5-6 year old whose parents work extra plus have to have 24hr care for her. The other for a person living states away from family and dying from cancer. I don't know how the money was spent by anyone. I donated anonymously though I know the families and those effected. I don't believe in large salaried charities that a percentage of your donation goes to only assist certain people in certain situations. I would rather they decided what had to be paid or what was required to ease their day to day lives and what to do with the money. It's not like winning the lottery, it's bits and pieces that fill the cracks or allow them things you and I take for granted. Look local, ask around, chances are you know someone or a family member of a friend or acquaintance that has a go fund me site. You choose what you give, you choose to take credit or not for donating. You do it to help a real person of your own choice, not for a tax write-off. Do it because it is the right thing to do. If you don't want to, don't do it. That's the beauty of it, it's up to you.

michellea247
Michelle A.
9/21/18

GoFundMe helped me raise the funds needed for Evan's procedure. They were great. People were quick to respond and it was heart warming. It relieved stress on me as well.

stephene95
9/21/18

I was having issues trying to start my GoFundMe for my parents after this Hurricane and the crew over at GoFundMe was quick to fix this issue. Literally in about 30 mins I had everything fixed and was on my way to creating this campain.

paulaw127
9/21/18

I received a response quickly to a concern I had, and I really appreciate the way I was treated very kindly as well.

Great question, Yvette - this would depend on the payment processor linked to your campaign, along with where your account is based. If bank transfers are required for your account and you do not have a bank account, we may be able to help you add a beneficiary to withdraw on your behalf. So we can help you as specifically and accurately as possible, please reach out to our team here, and we'll be sure to get you all set up successfully: http://www.gofundme.com/contact.

By GoFundMe I., GoFundMe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoFundMe staff and other customers.

GoFundMe?