GivingAssistant.org reviews

535 Mission Street, 14th Floor
San Francisco, California 94105, United States

adiellahg
12/12/18

Been using this a few weeks, and have made about 15 different purchases since, all said cashback activated and yet nothing happens. the coupons don't work or are expired, and also, it doesnt give qualifying criteria. I don't know why I still struggled so long using this extension...

kays154
9/26/18

I mainly use Ebates but I decided to use GivingAssistant.org for a purchase a while back, I signed into my account where they claimed to have sent me I'm cashback which was bogus. I've emailed them today (this was from back in March.

Response from Emily H., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Kay, thanks for your feedback. Was our team able to resolve this issue for you? It looks like we sent you an eCheck on March 19th.

We send eChecks via email, so it's possible that the email ended up in your spam folder. If you can't find it, we can definitely reissue it for you.
shannonm227
8/25/18

None of the many coupons I tried worked. A waste of time when you consider there are so many other sites.

Response from Emily H., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Shannon, I totally understand your frustration. Our coupon codes are aggregated from all over the internet, so sometimes they don't work. The "verified" deals will show you all of the best savings at that store. Additionally, don't forget you can also save hundreds every year by shopping at stores that offer cash back.
justinw131
8/22/18

Downloaded the extension, forgot about it, and was reminded of deals when I was about to buy a blender! Sweet. Even better I got to send it to my favorite charity that's run by a friend. Love it GA!

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Thanks, Justin!
tatil
5/4/18

Do not waste your time - they have multiple reasons not to give cash back. Many my orders turned out ''not eligible''. And, to realize that, you have to email CS and provide full orders' info. Stay away

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Tati - we are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with Giving Assistant. We would really like to get to the bottom of why you might not be receiving cash back from us. Do you mind emailing hello@givingassistant.org and letting us know which stores your shopping at and whether you have the Giving Assistant Button download or if you are going directly from our site? Thanks so much!
km211
1/31/18

I am owed money from this website. They gave me half after 3 months and i have to wait another 3 months for the other half. dont waste your time.

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi K.M - thanks for your review. Have you had the chance to try out Giving Assistant again since this review? Would love to know your thoughts, we've updated our browser extension and we think you will really like the latest version! As for the cash back you should have received in the past, please be sure to email us at hello@givingassistant.org and we'll get to the bottom of it!
vinceh25
1/30/18

Made over 20 purchased, everything shown on records for 2 weeks. Then all of the transactions was removed with the following message:

This is in response to a change made to the Sam's Club's order you placed on 01/25/2018.

We subtract cash back when:

-some, or all of an order is returned or refunded
-a backordered item fails to ship or process
-a discount or credit is applied to the order after Giving Assistant received notice of the order.

Pure B.S., many other website legit site on the internet, dont waist your time here.

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Vince - thanks for your review. We would love to know why this issue happened if the three reasons mentioned above were not valid. If you can please reach out to us, we would love to make sure you receive the cash back from us.
nancymichiganz
12/8/17

I have been trying for over an hour to use ANY of the Giving Assistant listed coupons for Gettington. There are dozens. None work. When used at checkout, they ALL say "coupon not valid" or "coupon does not apply to your order"

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Nancy - please try the "verified" offers that are on the top of the store pages and those should definitely work for you! If you have any further questions please contact hello@givingassistant.org.
pietrom13
9/29/17

I like using Giving Assistant because I can donate part of my cashback to different charities in US. I like the idea of sharing my savings with people.
Regarding the cashback, this platform works as other competitors, which means one has to click on its referral link before buying and to disable any ad-block service that may prevent Giving Assistant from detecting the payment.
So far, they gave me back about 30 $ via Paypal.

Tip for consumers: Disable ad-blocking services and addons when trying to register a payment.

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Thanks for using Giving Assistant, Pietro!
tanc12
9/29/17

givingassistant.org is scam, after order 18 order from walmart, givingassistant.org only give me 1 order cashback, the company is not honest, even they say they give double your cashback, it is totally scam

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Tan,

Please send us an email at help[at]givingassistant.org and we'd be happy to look into this for you! It was likely a mixup that can be resolved.

Best,
Alison
vickiv17
3/20/17

March 2017 coupons
50UNION (50% off transfer fee was not honored by Western Union)

On March 20, 2017, I "copied" the 50UNION code and "pasted" it into the Western Union Web site. It would not "Apply." I tried several times. Western Union told me I could call their Customer Service the next day to get it applied. I called Customer Service the same day, but they said they could not apply it once the transaction was sent. I'm not impressed with either Giving Assistance or Western Union.

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Vicki - we are so sorry to hear about your experience. If you use the "verified" codes that are on the top of the store pages, they will definitely work for the stores you are shopping at. Also, don't forget about the cash back you can receive by downloading the Giving Assistant button!
shelbyr18
3/4/17

I stumbled onto the givingassistant.org site and will NEVER re-visit it. It locked up my browser totally so that I had to ERASE the setting on my iPad ( which is still "restoring" 35 minutes later) TOXIC site!!! AVOID!! The site has a pop up that does not allow you to decline the offer to lower your browser privacy settings in order for them to "improve your experience@ with the site. Ye gods!!

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Hi Shelby - we are sorry to hear about your experience with Giving Assistant. Over the past year we have made a lot of updates, please try us out again and let us know what you think!
heatherg27
11/9/15

So you clear your browser history & cookies, sign on to Giving Assistant and then search for your store. A lot of times they even have coupons for you to use. Then shop.
What makes this one different than the rest (note: I do value other cash back sites as well) is 1. You get an email in a day confirming you get cash back. 2. You only need $5 in your account to get your fee-free cash back. 3. Customer service is speedy and professional. 4. You get cash back to your bank account, PayPal or as an Amazon gift card. 5. There is a sliding scale of what percentage, if any, you want to donate for every individual purchase & you can pick a charity.
*Stating this on all my cash back reviews. What you must know about cash back sites is that they use a middle man that connects them to the retailers - usually. So many/most problems with cash back are NOT from sites themselves. That is, unless they are not willing to investigate for you.

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Thank you, Heather!
angiem8
6/3/15

This is my second favorite cash back web site after ebates.com. They do not have as many selections as eBates, but they work reliably with whatever they have (including Amazon.com, which eBates doesn't offer). I have gotten a few transactions with them, and each one was credited promptly. Highly recommend!

Response from Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative
Thank you, Angie!
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, since 2012 in the San Francisco office https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-shopping/giving-assistant-inc-in-san-francisco-ca-364003

By Todd C.

Giving Assistant is a proud Certified B Corp and we genuinely believe the best businesses in the world will be the best businesses for the world. Our shopping rewards platform is the easiest way to save money and give back to nonprofits for free. Shoppers can earn cash back and find the latest coupon codes from over 3,000 trusted brands and have the option to choose from over 1.2 million charitable organizations to donate a portion of their cash back earnings. We also offer a free browser extension that will conveniently send cash back alerts and automatically scan multiple coupon codes at checkout so shopping journeys can start directly on our partnered brand sites. We are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe. Right now we are focused on bettering our product for our shoppers, advertising partners, and nonprofit partners every single day. This includes improving reliability of our browser extension, creating a more streamlined process for nonprofits, and always providing the best customer service for our shoppers. Let us know if you have further questions!

By Alison E.

Hi Kimberly! Thanks for reaching out. You can contact hello@givingassistant.org or message us on Twitter or Facebook through a private message. Please let us know which store you were shopping at and what the concern is. Thanks so much!

By Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative

Hi Becca, thank you so much for contacting us. Please email us at hello@givingassistant.org and we will be happy to help you!

By Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative

Hi Andria - Thanks for letting us know! Our coupon codes are aggregated from all over the internet, so sometimes they don't work. The "verified" deals will show you all of the best savings at that store and are pushed to the top of the store page. Additionally, don't forget you can also save hundreds every year by shopping at stores that offer cash back! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact hello@givingassistant.org.

By Alison E., GivingAssistant.org Representative

go to icq and search groups such as fullz,carding,cc ,etc. and there r several ppl to buy ur cards only and only if u r legit and they too. but be careful from rippers

By sssswc w.

Questions? Get answers from the GivingAssistant.org staff and other customers.

1 Photo for GivingAssistant.org