Giving Assistant

Giving Assistant has a consumer rating of 3.73 stars from 80 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Giving Assistant most frequently mention customer service and non profit. Giving Assistant ranks 37th among Coupons sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Western Union told me I could call their Customer Service the next day to get it applied.
How would you rate Giving Assistant?

“Shop-save and fund research donations For Nonprofits”

ARHAB F.
3/11/21

Giving Assistant's mission is to transform everyday shopping into charitable giving. We are a Certified B Corp and shopping rewards platform that makes it easy for shoppers to both save money and give back for free. Based in San Francisco, California, we are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe. By publication ARHABFARIDA

“Pizza Hut Coupons Worthless”

Dennis B.
3/21/20

I tried quite a few of the Pizza Hut coupons this evening, all that were verified and supposedly successful minutes before. None of them worked when I applied them. Waste of time. Got one from Groupon.

customer service (12)
dennisb484
March 21st, 2020

cameronh30
September 13th, 2020

It doesn't get any easier than this to earn EXTRA cashback shopping online. If you have a computer and an internet connection, chances are you're also making purchases online, and you can take advantage of this too. It's Real Simple,
Step #1 - Add the GivingAssistant Button to your browser.
Step #2 - Let GivingAssistant know where you'd like them to deposit your money. That's it!
It is a no brainer; do it NOW unless you're not into things like EXTRA cashback. For everyone who is, you're going to love GivingAssistant; it virtually spits out money with absolutely no extra effort. Set it and forget it. I've used nearly all the top cashback Apps from WikiBuy, Swagbucks, Ibotta, and too many others to mention here.
I've been using GivingAssistant for a little over a year now, and GivingAssistant is the only cashback App that CONSISTENTLY PAYS out and doesn't try limiting your cashback earnings or try changing the program's Terms and conditions just when things are getting good.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Thanks Cameron! Glad to hear you enjoy Giving Assistant and have found it to be a helpful way to save money.

dorisk40
January 20th, 2020

GIving Assistant is so helpful in raising funds for our non-profit Native American Marriage Enhancement.
They also process their funds quickly.

Glad to hear that Doris!

arhabf
March 11th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
I will give this advice. Whoever enters this company should be smart and have confidence in himself and others. Thank you.

Products used:
I don't know according to the uses of the products Depending on the time and production to publish enterprises (Depending on productions and distribution in companies, this is the time to publish)

melaniee80
June 18th, 2020

Giving Assistant is a great resource to shop from and for nonprofits to raise much needed unrestricted income.

Glad to hear it Melanie!

baih
January 12th, 2021

I opened an account, bought bunch of things, got about $100 pending, some of it payable, but no button to cash out?!?! Sent an inquiry, how do I get the cash, and they all disappeared, my account too, like they never existed, no phone # to call, no way to contact them, RUN AWAY FROM THIS SCAM!

arekz2
August 28th, 2020

The portal adds fake order numbers instead of the real ones and then deletes them. There is no point in participating in this program.

ak194
June 29th, 2020

Went on this website to find discount codes before purchasing on Target.com and not only were the titles of the codes to click on misleading, but none of them even worked. Avoid this scam and look elsewhere for legitimate coupon codes.

robotj1
January 13th, 2020

IMHO: Deceptive practices. Expired coupons. You will waste your time. Suggest you stay away from this company.

dianeb1154
July 9th, 2020

Giving Assistant is so easy to use and it is great to get the latest discounts on thousands of websites. The best benefit is that your shopping can benefit your favorite charity as well. It's a Win Win!

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hey Diane, happy to hear you're loving Giving Assistant!

dawnb561
November 7th, 2020

Not one of the coupon codes given worked. This was a waste of my time and resulted in feelings of frustration.

jakew138
April 18th, 2020

Codes dont work its a scam, they just get you to click through to the websites from their site so that they can earn revenue from sending you over

alexanderf72
June 22nd, 2019

I ordered 6 months via Giving Assistant and I have PAYABLE EARNINGS.
First I bound debit card from Payoneer. They didn't pay anything, so after a weak, I set PayPal account and on my profile in Giving Assistant I see 18 Jun 2019 they sent to my PayPal my earnings, but today I see nothing on PayPal yet.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hey Alex, if you haven't already, shoot us an email at help@givingassistant.org and someone from our team will look into this straight away!

christien7
November 28th, 2019

Love the customer service reps here. The are kind, accommodating, and patient. I love that shopping through Giving Assistant allows me to support non profit organizations I care about because they let you add organizations to their list.

johna1227
February 24th, 2019

The biggest cashback scam website out there. Didn't receive a single dime and none of my purchases were recorded. They didn't even respond to my claims even though I provided them with my receipts, screenshots, etc. Find some other site that offers less cashack but reliable..

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi John, can you let me know the email on your Giving Assistant account? I can personally take a look into this!

dianeb886
January 16th, 2020

This is the best site to use when shopping online. It's so easy to search for the store you want and then find all the best deals for that store. And when you purchase online a percentage of your total goes to the charitable organization of your choice. It's a Win / Win!

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Awesome, happy to hear it Diane! Happy to help with anything if you ever need it :)

haidara1
April 27th, 2019

I ordered items from Kmart and I did not get paid for my purchases. It's been over 40 days and they told me, "they're still investigating". I have sent them the receipt, and every information they have requested. Definitely not using their site ever again!

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Haidar, thanks for your feedback! We did send a response letting you know that Kmart doesn't offer cash back when using a coupon code (we wish they did!). I attached a screenshot of their terms and exclusions for your reference, but us know if you have any questions about this.

adiellahg
December 12th, 2018

Been using this a few weeks, and have made about 15 different purchases since, all said cashback activated and yet nothing happens. The coupons don't work or are expired, and also, it doesnt give qualifying criteria. I don't know why I still struggled so long using this extension...

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Adiellah, thanks for your feedback. We'd be happy to help figure out what could be going wrong here. If you haven't already, can you send us an email at help@givingassistant.org? That way we can look further!

robr181
March 10th, 2019

I was looking to make a big purchase and looking on many sites that gives cash back i was lured by giving assistant that shows on their site and on their app that would give 10% back while others would give 5% or less. Little that i knew that was a big bait and switch and ended up having no cash back at all. I contacted them and told them that on their site was showing 10% cash back and nowhere on their site says otherwise. Their response was to read the privacy and policy of the site i bought from and not theirs. I think this is very misleading since they are the one providing the service of giving me 10% cash back and not the site i bought from. For me this is a big deal false advertisement and i think people should be well aware of this scam on this site.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Rob, thanks for your feedback! While we wish that all merchants would offer flat cash back rates, many of them have very specific terms and exclusions based on what you purchase. These terms are determined completely by the merchant. To check for terms and exclusions, all you need to do is click the 'i' icon on the Shop Now button. Any terms that we know about will be listed there. I've pasted below the terms that AirBnb has listed on their store page.

'10% standard cash back for hosts only, on booked listing amount when guest checks in. Hosts must create listing after clicking through Giving Assistant.'

vinceh25
January 30th, 2018

Made over 20 purchased, everything shown on records for 2 weeks. Then all of the transactions was removed with the following message:

This is in response to a change made to the Sam's Club's order you placed on 01/25/2018.

We subtract cash back when:

-some, or all of an order is returned or refunded
-a backordered item fails to ship or process
-a discount or credit is applied to the order after Giving Assistant received notice of the order.

Pure B. S., many other website legit site on the internet, dont waist your time here.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Vince - thanks for your review. We would love to know why this issue happened if the three reasons mentioned above were not valid. If you can please reach out to us, we would love to make sure you receive the cash back from us.

mirandaw36
February 4th, 2019

Can't log in the account with a system error message no matter how many times that I reset the password. Never received the cash back even the purchase in made when the button is active! Don't be tempted even they give a higher cash back. If you don't actually receive it, it means nothing.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Miranda, are you still having issues logging in? We'd be happy to help, if so!

nancymichiganz
December 8th, 2017

I have been trying for over an hour to use ANY of the Giving Assistant listed coupons for Gettington. There are dozens. None work. When used at checkout, they ALL say "coupon not valid" or "coupon does not apply to your order"

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Nancy - please try the "verified" offers that are on the top of the store pages and those should definitely work for you! If you have any further questions please contact hello@givingassistant.org.

emmyh9
July 8th, 2020

Easy to use platform, great for shoppers and non-profits. Great way for your supporters to donate by making purchases they were already going to make. Win-win!

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Thanks for the kind words Emmy! Let us know if you ever need help with anything :)

shelbyr18
March 4th, 2017

I stumbled onto the givingassistant.org site and will NEVER re-visit it. It locked up my browser totally so that I had to ERASE the setting on my iPad ( which is still "restoring" 35 minutes later) TOXIC site! AVOID! The site has a pop up that does not allow you to decline the offer to lower your browser privacy settings in order for them to "improve your experience@ with the site. Ye gods!

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Shelby - we are sorry to hear about your experience with Giving Assistant. Over the past year we have made a lot of updates, please try us out again and let us know what you think!

susang918
December 3rd, 2019

I and my chosen charity, Basset Buddies Rescue of Texas have each gotten back close to $900 by starting at GA or using the GA button on Chrome. Customer service is great.

Giving Assistant is a proud Certified B Corp and we genuinely believe the best businesses in the world will be the best businesses for the world. Our shopping rewards platform is the easiest way to save money and give back to nonprofits for free. Shoppers can earn cash back and find the latest coupon codes from over 3,000 trusted brands and have the option to choose from over 1.2 million charitable organizations to donate a portion of their cash back earnings. We also offer a free browser extension that will conveniently send cash back alerts and automatically scan multiple coupon codes at checkout so shopping journeys can start directly on our partnered brand sites. We are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe. Right now we are focused on bettering our product for our shoppers, advertising partners, and nonprofit partners every single day. This includes improving reliability of our browser extension, creating a more streamlined process for nonprofits, and always providing the best customer service for our shoppers. Let us know if you have further questions!

By Alison E.
See more answers (2)

Yes, since 2012 in the San Francisco office https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-shopping/giving-assistant-inc-in-san-francisco-ca-364003

By Todd C.
See more answers (2)

Hi Kimberly! Thanks for reaching out. You can contact hello@givingassistant.org or message us on Twitter or Facebook through a private message. Please let us know which store you were shopping at and what the concern is. Thanks so much!

See more answers (2)

Upgrading to our Power Shopper membership means that for $5.99 a year, you get DOUBLE cash back rates on all of your cash back purchases. That's a lot of savings! Your $5.99 membership fee will be automatically removed from your first cash back payment. Don't want to pay? No problem! Being a Savvy shopper means you'll have lower cash back rates, but you don't have to pay for a yearly membership. To change your membership at any time, head on over to your

By ARHAB F.

Hi Becca, thank you so much for contacting us. Please email us at hello@givingassistant.org and we will be happy to help you!

By Alison E.,

Hi Andria - Thanks for letting us know! Our coupon codes are aggregated from all over the internet, so sometimes they don't work. The "verified" deals will show you all of the best savings at that store and are pushed to the top of the store page. Additionally, don't forget you can also save hundreds every year by shopping at stores that offer cash back! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact hello@givingassistant.org.

By Alison E.,

Giving Assistant is a San Francisco-based startup founded in 2014. Today, we're a fast-growing team of nonprofit-loving go-getters, obsessed with giving back. At a glance: In order to ensure the best experience, Giving Assistant has a few browser and device requirements as part of our commitment to providing the best platform we can offer. Browser Compatibility GivingAssistant.org and the public Cash Back marketplace requires recent versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Mobile Safari, or Internet Explorer 10+ Technology Used We use a variety of technology platforms for the secure tracking of required data to provide a robust cash back experience. The most common you may see is the use of JavaScript and Cookies in your desktop and mobile browsers. Javascript and Cookies are required in order to use Giving Assistant.

By ARHAB F.

Go to icq and search groups such as fullz, carding, cc, etc. and there r several ppl to buy ur cards only and only if u r legit and they too. But be careful from rippers

By sssswc w.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Giving Assistant staff and other customers.

Alison E.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giving Assistant?

Have a question about Giving Assistant?