Giving Assistant

Giving Assistant has a consumer rating of 3.78 stars from 76 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Giving Assistant most frequently mention customer service and non profit. Giving Assistant ranks 13th among Coupons sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 76.9%

No positive highlights yet

• Western Union told me I could call their Customer Service the next day to get it applied.
How would you rate Giving Assistant?

“GivingAssistant is a Money Tree, Here's $22,114.93 in PROOF why GivingAssistant Rocks!”

Cameron H.
9/13/20

It doesn't get any easier than this to earn EXTRA cashback shopping online. If you have a computer and an internet connection, chances are you're also making purchases online, and you can take advantage of this too. It's Real Simple, Step #1 - Add the GivingAssistant Button to your browser. Step #2 - Let GivingAssistant know where you'd like them to deposit your money. That's it! It is a no brainer; do it NOW unless you're not into things like EXTRA cashback. For everyone who is, you're going to love GivingAssistant; it virtually spits out money with absolutely no extra effort. Set it and forget it. I've used nearly all the top cashback Apps from WikiBuy, Swagbucks, Ibotta, and too many others to mention here. I've been using GivingAssistant for a little over a year now, and GivingAssistant is the only cashback App that CONSISTENTLY PAYS out and doesn't try limiting your cashback earnings or try changing the program's Terms and conditions just when things are getting good.

“Pizza Hut Coupons Worthless”

Dennis B.
3/21/20

I tried quite a few of the Pizza Hut coupons this evening, all that were verified and supposedly successful minutes before. None of them worked when I applied them. Waste of time. Got one from Groupon.

customer service (12)
cameronh30
September 13th, 2020
Step #1 - Add the GivingAssistant Button to your browser.
dennisb484
March 21st, 2020
ak194
June 29th, 2020
Went on this website to find discount codes before purchasing on Target.com and not only were the titles of the codes to click on misleading, but none of them even worked. Avoid this scam and look elsewhere for legitimate coupon codes.
adiellahg
December 12th, 2018
Been using this a few weeks, and have made about 15 different purchases since, all said cashback activated and yet nothing happens. The coupons don't work or are expired, and also, it doesnt give qualifying criteria. I don't know why I still struggled so long using this extension...
Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep
Hi Adiellah, thanks for your feedback. We'd be happy to help figure out what could be going wrong here. If you haven't already, can you send us an email at help@givingassistant.org? That way we can look further!
dorisk40
January 20th, 2020
GIving Assistant is so helpful in raising funds for our non-profit Native American Marriage Enhancement.
They also process their funds quickly.
melaniee80
June 18th, 2020
Giving Assistant is a great resource to shop from and for nonprofits to raise much needed unrestricted income.
dianeb1154
July 9th, 2020
Giving Assistant is so easy to use and it is great to get the latest discounts on thousands of websites. The best benefit is that your shopping can benefit your favorite charity as well. It's a Win Win!
rodrigog36
October 14th, 2020
In 2019 I received a cashback from Bake me Wish, but since then I haven't used GivingAssistant anymore, let's say I put it aside a little bit, but my Email alerted me about Cashback and I should withdraw it as soon as I didn't use it. I could withdraw the funds and delete my account, but when I tried to log in, a shiny screen said "DISABLE ACCOUNT", having used it for nothing for years and I wanted to remove my available funds, My privacy was totally invaded because I saw that such an error appeared because someone tried to access my account and my password was the same as my email, that is, both my GivingAssistant account and my email account were hacked, about the email being able to restore the password, but about GivingAssistant I never got access again, and on of this, I was never able to contact, sometimes I sent emails reporting what happened, but, totally neglect with the consumer besides my account not being Protected yet the service channels do not work, that Incompetence, so I request that they resolve and that my account is reinstated TOTAL access and that my due cashback is paid, as I will not be harmed for having breached my own security when they let someone else hack my account, and worse than my email was together, that's why I ask for a repair on that

Note: In the Screenshot below, the name / photo is crossed out just so as not to expose anything or anyone, thank you for your understanding.
christien7
November 28th, 2019
Love the customer service reps here. The are kind, accommodating, and patient. I love that shopping through Giving Assistant allows me to support non profit organizations I care about because they let you add organizations to their list.
arekz2
August 28th, 2020
The portal adds fake order numbers instead of the real ones and then deletes them. There is no point in participating in this program.
dianeb886
January 16th, 2020
This is the best site to use when shopping online. It's so easy to search for the store you want and then find all the best deals for that store. And when you purchase online a percentage of your total goes to the charitable organization of your choice. It's a Win / Win!
nancymichiganz
December 8th, 2017
I have been trying for over an hour to use ANY of the Giving Assistant listed coupons for Gettington. There are dozens. None work. When used at checkout, they ALL say "coupon not valid" or "coupon does not apply to your order"
Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep
Hi Nancy - please try the "verified" offers that are on the top of the store pages and those should definitely work for you! If you have any further questions please contact hello@givingassistant.org.
emmyh9
July 8th, 2020
Easy to use platform, great for shoppers and non-profits. Great way for your supporters to donate by making purchases they were already going to make. Win-win!
robotj1
January 13th, 2020
IMHO: Deceptive practices. Expired coupons. You will waste your time. Suggest you stay away from this company.
susang918
December 3rd, 2019
I and my chosen charity, Basset Buddies Rescue of Texas have each gotten back close to $900 by starting at GA or using the GA button on Chrome. Customer service is great.
alexandera103
November 24th, 2019
All contacts with the staff were very helpful. I really appreciate quick response and careful looking at the problem with cash back based on slow response from sponsor company. Giving Assistant people - Alison, Amanda, Sarah, Debora - are really great examples of 5-star Customer Service.
jakew138
April 18th, 2020
Codes dont work its a scam, they just get you to click through to the websites from their site so that they can earn revenue from sending you over
alexanderf72
June 22nd, 2019
I ordered 6 months via Giving Assistant and I have PAYABLE EARNINGS.
First I bound debit card from Payoneer. They didn't pay anything, so after a weak, I set PayPal account and on my profile in Giving Assistant I see 18 Jun 2019 they sent to my PayPal my earnings, but today I see nothing on PayPal yet.
Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep
Hey Alex, if you haven't already, shoot us an email at help@givingassistant.org and someone from our team will look into this straight away!
chrisc1248
December 5th, 2019
I received a quick reply that resolved concerns and answered my questions! This is a great site! Thank you!
johna1227
February 24th, 2019
The biggest cashback scam website out there. Didn't receive a single dime and none of my purchases were recorded. They didn't even respond to my claims even though I provided them with my receipts, screenshots, etc. Find some other site that offers less cashack but reliable..
Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep
Hi John, can you let me know the email on your Giving Assistant account? I can personally take a look into this!
bethm276
December 5th, 2019
Such wonderful customer service. And so nice that some of the money goes to charity of your choice.
irinaf11
November 27th, 2019
I have been with giving assistant for 5 years and constantly earn extra money from shopping online. I compare giving assistant with other earn money websites and giving assistant is always a winner. They offer simplest way to make extra $$. A customer service is also very helpful. Giving assistant also offers discount promo codes and coupons. Keep it up Giving Assistant!
jasonr334
January 18th, 2019
Surprised this site is only 2.5 stars. My opinion 1) easiest to use 2) excellent support 3) most consistent CASH back, and lastly if your a member you get an extra 2%

Ive been getting checks from Giving assistant on average $100 each week! And almost $6,500 since I became a member. I was able to earn a ton just by installing the browser add on so they can track my purchases, and then doing what I was already doing... shopping online.

So if you ask me, this is a close to a money tree as your going to get. If you like free money I would highly recommend checking this site out.
Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep
Glad to hear that you're loving Giving Assistant, Jason!
joeh658
November 12th, 2019
I'm seriously confused by others saying they are scammers. Not true! I've been using them for almost 2 years and I have never had an issue. Whenever I have a problem not receiving my cashback, they are always willing to look into for me and even if it takes awhile to get resolved, they stay with it, keep me up to date and I have always received my cashback. Great customer service!
haidara1
April 27th, 2019
I ordered items from Kmart and I did not get paid for my purchases. It's been over 40 days and they told me, "they're still investigating". I have sent them the receipt, and every information they have requested. Definitely not using their site ever again!
Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep
Hi Haidar, thanks for your feedback! We did send a response letting you know that Kmart doesn't offer cash back when using a coupon code (we wish they did!). I attached a screenshot of their terms and exclusions for your reference, but us know if you have any questions about this.

Giving Assistant is a proud Certified B Corp and we genuinely believe the best businesses in the world will be the best businesses for the world. Our shopping rewards platform is the easiest way to save money and give back to nonprofits for free. Shoppers can earn cash back and find the latest coupon codes from over 3,000 trusted brands and have the option to choose from over 1.2 million charitable organizations to donate a portion of their cash back earnings. We also offer a free browser extension that will conveniently send cash back alerts and automatically scan multiple coupon codes at checkout so shopping journeys can start directly on our partnered brand sites. We are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe. Right now we are focused on bettering our product for our shoppers, advertising partners, and nonprofit partners every single day. This includes improving reliability of our browser extension, creating a more streamlined process for nonprofits, and always providing the best customer service for our shoppers. Let us know if you have further questions!

By Alison E.
See more answers (2)

Yes, since 2012 in the San Francisco office https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-shopping/giving-assistant-inc-in-san-francisco-ca-364003

By Todd C.
See more answers (2)

Hi Kimberly! Thanks for reaching out. You can contact hello@givingassistant.org or message us on Twitter or Facebook through a private message. Please let us know which store you were shopping at and what the concern is. Thanks so much!

By Alison E.,

Hi Becca, thank you so much for contacting us. Please email us at hello@givingassistant.org and we will be happy to help you!

By Alison E.,

Hi Andria - Thanks for letting us know! Our coupon codes are aggregated from all over the internet, so sometimes they don't work. The "verified" deals will show you all of the best savings at that store and are pushed to the top of the store page. Additionally, don't forget you can also save hundreds every year by shopping at stores that offer cash back! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact hello@givingassistant.org.

By Alison E.,

Go to icq and search groups such as fullz, carding, cc, etc. and there r several ppl to buy ur cards only and only if u r legit and they too. But be careful from rippers

By sssswc w.

They use fake coupons that they made up out of nowhere. Already talked to the website rep that i was trying to apply this to

By kayzelle s.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Giving Assistant staff and other customers.

Giving Assistant's mission is to transform everyday shopping into charitable giving. We are a Certified B Corp and shopping rewards platform that makes it easy for shoppers to both save money and give back for free. Based in San Francisco, California, we are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe.

Alison E.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giving Assistant?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

3.8
Have a question about Giving Assistant?