Giving Assistant

Trustpilot
2.1 / 5
Better Business Bureau
4 / 5

Giving Assistant has a consumer rating of 3.5 stars from 90 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Giving Assistant most frequently mention customer service and non profit.Giving Assistant ranks 14th among Coupons sites.

This company does not typically respond to reviews

No positive highlights yet

• Western Union told me I could call their Customer Service the next day to get it applied.
How would you rate Giving Assistant?

“Shop-save and fund research donations For Nonprofits”

ARHAB F.
3/11/21

Giving Assistant's mission is to transform everyday shopping into charitable giving. We are a Certified B Corp and shopping rewards platform that makes it easy for shoppers to both save money and give back for free. Based in San Francisco, California, we are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe. By publication ARHABFARIDA

“Stole my money”

Ann L.
12/4/21

Giving assistant owes me Hundreds of dollars. They said they've made payments to my PayPal account and nothing has shown up. I have been a loyal customer for years. And it seems like money disappears here and there. And they can't account for it. I called the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully they'll be able to help. I am going to take them to court to get my money back. I don't get an answer.

customer service (12)
annl556
December 4th, 2021

cameronh30
September 13th, 2020

It doesn't get any easier than this to earn EXTRA cashback shopping online. If you have a computer and an internet connection, chances are you're also making purchases online, and you can take advantage of this too. It's Real Simple,
Step #1 - Add the GivingAssistant Button to your browser.
Step #2 - Let GivingAssistant know where you'd like them to deposit your money. That's it!
It is a no brainer; do it NOW unless you're not into things like EXTRA cashback. For everyone who is, you're going to love GivingAssistant; it virtually spits out money with absolutely no extra effort. Set it and forget it. I've used nearly all the top cashback Apps from WikiBuy, Swagbucks, Ibotta, and too many others to mention here.
I've been using GivingAssistant for a little over a year now, and GivingAssistant is the only cashback App that CONSISTENTLY PAYS out and doesn't try limiting your cashback earnings or try changing the program's Terms and conditions just when things are getting good.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Thanks Cameron! Glad to hear you enjoy Giving Assistant and have found it to be a helpful way to save money.

jilld361
December 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

They sent me a check via email, via a legit check service, but when I deposited it my bank returned it due to an invalid account, and then my bank charged me a return check fee. I've tried to message Giving Assistant but there is no reply and there is only a chat option, no emails or phone number contact info. Do not use this "service."

roiz1
December 26th, 2021

For the last 3-4 months no new money is being collected, other similar service are working so the issue is GA, also, I have money they need to pay me, and it's stuck in my account, service is not reachable for more than a month now.
Moved to Karma

frankm1704
January 17th, 2022

Up to about a month ago Giving Assistant was functioning well, not great. Had numerous Store Clicks not appearing in my account. Resolved this by always logging out then in again. Most recently have not been able to log in. A pop up would say ‘There was a problem with the server'. Several attempts have been made to contact Customer Service with the email being returned as undeliverable.

dennisb484
March 21st, 2020

I tried quite a few of the Pizza Hut coupons this evening, all that were verified and supposedly successful minutes before. None of them worked when I applied them. Waste of time. Got one from Groupon.

arhabf
March 11th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
I will give this advice. Whoever enters this company should be smart and have confidence in himself and others. Thank you.

Products used:
I don't know according to the uses of the products Depending on the time and production to publish enterprises (Depending on productions and distribution in companies, this is the time to publish)

bartj32
November 27th, 2021

Decided to check out their site and not recommending it at all. „Payable" funds dissapearaed magically from my account a week ago with info „You have received Paypal payment". Of course nothing arrived to Paypal. Reported this to customer service - not responding totally even once. Looks like a dead site to me - AVOID.

yr48
January 28th, 2022

Well like every comon cutomer i got scamed by these "site". When i collect enough so i can made my first withdraw they block my account and doesnt allow me even to enter to my profile. It says " Server issues" for over a month... come on... Stay away from this!

baih
January 12th, 2021

I opened an account, bought bunch of things, got about $100 pending, some of it payable, but no button to cash out?!?! Sent an inquiry, how do I get the cash, and they all disappeared, my account too, like they never existed, no phone # to call, no way to contact them, RUN AWAY FROM THIS SCAM!

arekz2
August 28th, 2020

The portal adds fake order numbers instead of the real ones and then deletes them. There is no point in participating in this program.

frede42
January 6th, 2022

They owe me over $1,000 in commissions. I have repeatedly contacted them every way that I can. They do not respond, yet continue to operate and fleece people. They receive the money from the merchants and they're supposed to take the proceeds and issue a chunk back to the individuals. Instead, they're receiving the money from the merchants and pocketing the money.
This company will be gone soon. They are a scam company at this point. The fact that they're broke is one thing. The fact that they continue to lure people onto their website knowing they are not going to pay them out is criminal.

Do not use this site!

jeffreya112
May 5th, 2022

I'm pretty sure they purposely add fake codes as click bait so it sends you to the site with their affiliate link and make money off you anyway. 9 times out of 10 the codes are bogus and there is no way to report bad codes.

robotj1
January 13th, 2020

IMHO: Deceptive practices. Expired coupons. You will waste your time. Suggest you stay away from this company.

bills1728
December 14th, 2021

They are apparently in liquidation or bankruptcy or something, with the site still up (when I last looked) and behaving like you will get cashback. But you won't. Maybe the lawyers are getting it all now? IDK but don't use them. Just don't. I was ripped off, and hope by posting this someone else won't be.

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this site - it may have been OK at one time but is a scam now

dawnb561
November 7th, 2020

Not one of the coupon codes given worked. This was a waste of my time and resulted in feelings of frustration.

jakew138
April 18th, 2020

Codes dont work its a scam, they just get you to click through to the websites from their site so that they can earn revenue from sending you over

alexanderf72
June 22nd, 2019

I ordered 6 months via Giving Assistant and I have PAYABLE EARNINGS.
First I bound debit card from Payoneer. They didn't pay anything, so after a weak, I set PayPal account and on my profile in Giving Assistant I see 18 Jun 2019 they sent to my PayPal my earnings, but today I see nothing on PayPal yet.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hey Alex, if you haven't already, shoot us an email at help@givingassistant.org and someone from our team will look into this straight away!

dorisk40
January 20th, 2020

GIving Assistant is so helpful in raising funds for our non-profit Native American Marriage Enhancement.
They also process their funds quickly.

Glad to hear that Doris!

johna1227
February 24th, 2019

The biggest cashback scam website out there. Didn't receive a single dime and none of my purchases were recorded. They didn't even respond to my claims even though I provided them with my receipts, screenshots, etc. Find some other site that offers less cashack but reliable..

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi John, can you let me know the email on your Giving Assistant account? I can personally take a look into this!

haidara1
April 27th, 2019

I ordered items from Kmart and I did not get paid for my purchases. It's been over 40 days and they told me, "they're still investigating". I have sent them the receipt, and every information they have requested. Definitely not using their site ever again!

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Haidar, thanks for your feedback! We did send a response letting you know that Kmart doesn't offer cash back when using a coupon code (we wish they did!). I attached a screenshot of their terms and exclusions for your reference, but us know if you have any questions about this.

robr181
March 10th, 2019

I was looking to make a big purchase and looking on many sites that gives cash back i was lured by giving assistant that shows on their site and on their app that would give 10% back while others would give 5% or less. Little that i knew that was a big bait and switch and ended up having no cash back at all. I contacted them and told them that on their site was showing 10% cash back and nowhere on their site says otherwise. Their response was to read the privacy and policy of the site i bought from and not theirs. I think this is very misleading since they are the one providing the service of giving me 10% cash back and not the site i bought from. For me this is a big deal false advertisement and i think people should be well aware of this scam on this site.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Rob, thanks for your feedback! While we wish that all merchants would offer flat cash back rates, many of them have very specific terms and exclusions based on what you purchase. These terms are determined completely by the merchant. To check for terms and exclusions, all you need to do is click the 'i' icon on the Shop Now button. Any terms that we know about will be listed there. I've pasted below the terms that AirBnb has listed on their store page.

'10% standard cash back for hosts only, on booked listing amount when guest checks in. Hosts must create listing after clicking through Giving Assistant.'

vinceh25
January 30th, 2018

Made over 20 purchased, everything shown on records for 2 weeks. Then all of the transactions was removed with the following message:

This is in response to a change made to the Sam's Club's order you placed on 01/25/2018.

We subtract cash back when:

-some, or all of an order is returned or refunded
-a backordered item fails to ship or process
-a discount or credit is applied to the order after Giving Assistant received notice of the order.

Pure B. S., many other website legit site on the internet, dont waist your time here.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Vince - thanks for your review. We would love to know why this issue happened if the three reasons mentioned above were not valid. If you can please reach out to us, we would love to make sure you receive the cash back from us.

ak194
June 29th, 2020

Went on this website to find discount codes before purchasing on Target.com and not only were the titles of the codes to click on misleading, but none of them even worked. Avoid this scam and look elsewhere for legitimate coupon codes.

mirandaw36
February 4th, 2019

Can't log in the account with a system error message no matter how many times that I reset the password. Never received the cash back even the purchase in made when the button is active! Don't be tempted even they give a higher cash back. If you don't actually receive it, it means nothing.

Alison E. – Giving Assistant Rep

Hi Miranda, are you still having issues logging in? We'd be happy to help, if so!

Giving Assistant is a proud Certified B Corp and we genuinely believe the best businesses in the world will be the best businesses for the world. Our shopping rewards platform is the easiest way to save money and give back to nonprofits for free. Shoppers can earn cash back and find the latest coupon codes from over 3,000 trusted brands and have the option to choose from over 1.2 million charitable organizations to donate a portion of their cash back earnings. We also offer a free browser extension that will conveniently send cash back alerts and automatically scan multiple coupon codes at checkout so shopping journeys can start directly on our partnered brand sites. We are a mission driven, for-profit company and aim to have a positive social impact across the globe. Right now we are focused on bettering our product for our shoppers, advertising partners, and nonprofit partners every single day. This includes improving reliability of our browser extension, creating a more streamlined process for nonprofits, and always providing the best customer service for our shoppers. Let us know if you have further questions!

By Alison E.
See more answers (2)

Yes, since 2012 in the San Francisco office https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-shopping/giving-assistant-inc-in-san-francisco-ca-364003

By Todd C.
See more answers (2)

Hi Kimberly! Thanks for reaching out. You can contact hello@givingassistant.org or message us on Twitter or Facebook through a private message. Please let us know which store you were shopping at and what the concern is. Thanks so much!

See more answers (2)

Upgrading to our Power Shopper membership means that for $5.99 a year, you get DOUBLE cash back rates on all of your cash back purchases. That's a lot of savings! Your $5.99 membership fee will be automatically removed from your first cash back payment. Don't want to pay? No problem! Being a Savvy shopper means you'll have lower cash back rates, but you don't have to pay for a yearly membership. To change your membership at any time, head on over to your

By ARHAB F.

Hi Becca, thank you so much for contacting us. Please email us at hello@givingassistant.org and we will be happy to help you!

By Alison E.,

Hi Andria - Thanks for letting us know! Our coupon codes are aggregated from all over the internet, so sometimes they don't work. The "verified" deals will show you all of the best savings at that store and are pushed to the top of the store page. Additionally, don't forget you can also save hundreds every year by shopping at stores that offer cash back! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact hello@givingassistant.org.

By Alison E.,

Giving Assistant is a San Francisco-based startup founded in 2014. Today, we're a fast-growing team of nonprofit-loving go-getters, obsessed with giving back. At a glance: In order to ensure the best experience, Giving Assistant has a few browser and device requirements as part of our commitment to providing the best platform we can offer. Browser Compatibility GivingAssistant.org and the public Cash Back marketplace requires recent versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Mobile Safari, or Internet Explorer 10+ Technology Used We use a variety of technology platforms for the secure tracking of required data to provide a robust cash back experience. The most common you may see is the use of JavaScript and Cookies in your desktop and mobile browsers. Javascript and Cookies are required in order to use Giving Assistant.

By ARHAB F.

Go to icq and search groups such as fullz, carding, cc, etc. and there r several ppl to buy ur cards only and only if u r legit and they too. But be careful from rippers

By sssswc w.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Giving Assistant staff and other customers.

Alison E.
Typically does not respond to reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giving Assistant?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.5
Have a question about Giving Assistant?