Review of GemsNY

New York, NY 10036, United States of America
info@gemsny.com

carrieh87
11/23/18

I had been looking for 6 years for the perfect upgrade to my current wedding set and I found it! I get compliments everyday about how beautiful my ring is. I couldn't be happier and I tell everyone I know that if they're looking for beautiful jewelry, this is the place to shop.

davido296
11/16/18

When I first was looking for an anniversary present for my wife I wanted to get emeralds. I did a web search and came across gemsny.com. They have a really cool site that allows you to pick the stones with pictures and data and pick the setting from a large variety of settings. I picked out the makings of a ring but decided to call as I like to talk to someone when I make a larger purchase like this.

Vishal answered the phone and was AWESOME from the start. I gave him the item number of the stone, he actually said for the same money he had a better stone...sent me the item number and I looked at it on line...while we were on the phone. He was right. I agreed and used the setting I had already chosen, paid and within a week or so the ring arrived.

OMG it was beyond my wildest dreams, gorgeous. My wife loved it. She like it better than her wedding ring. So for anniversary two I called Vishal and asked if he could come up with earrings with stones and setting to match the ring. Whalla - done and another hit.

Then this year I was pendant time. Same procedure. He did an amazing job and my wife was awestruck by this emerald pendant.

The prices are excellent, the stone quality is superb, and the settings are well constructed and beautiful. One day I will go to NY and visit GEMSNY and meet Vishal in person. He is so incredible and helpful.

Thank you Vishal and GEMSNY.

Best

Dave

christophert134
10/19/18

Simply the finest bespoke jewelry service you will find; price is so competitive that it beggars belief; yet quality and service are beyond exceptional.

ingridh19
9/2/18

I had to replace a stone out of one of my rings for my son to have an engagement ring made for his future wife. I found the perfect stone for my three stone ring to replace the center stone I had taken out. I found an absolute gorgeous sky blue sapphire which is stunning in my ring. I get lots of compliments and the appraisal I got showed also that the quality and value of this stone was in line with the Gemsy description on their website. Ernie was very helpful. Will definitely shop there again and recommend Gemsy to my son and to my husband.....

alexanderh71
6/28/18

I had a wonderful experience with GemsNY in obtaining a sapphire for my engagement ring. I had already found a designer for the setting, but needed to find the perfect stone. GemsNY attracted me because of its location in New York City and the ease of use of its website. I had a very specific color and shape in mind for the sapphire, and the GemsNY website allowed me to browse through all of its inventory and filter it to the stones to choose from. Once I settled on a bunch of potential stones, I made an appointment to view them in person. I worked with Ernie, who was not only very knowledgeable about gemstones but also very accommodating and personable. I actually went through two appointments and rounds of viewing stones before finally settling on the perfect stone that matched what I was looking for. Ernie was very patient throughout the process and painstakingly prepared each stone I requested for me to view and inspect in person. Being able to see and compare the stones in person was crucial to choosing the right one, and Ernie made that possible. He made me feel confident and put me at ease about my final choice. The whole process from browsing the website to scheduling the appointment, viewing the stones, and making the final purchase felt very smooth and was handled professionally. I would not hesitate to return to GemsNY again for any future jewelry purchases and would highly recommend them to my friends and family.

amberh87
5/1/18

I received my ring a few weeks ago and haven't gotten around to a review, but it was so important to me that I did because it is gorgeous! Both Ernie and Vishal were amazing help. The ring itself is stunning and I receive so many compliments. What I like most is that it is unique, no one has one like it!

alanl118
4/28/18

Called the 888 # to get faster service. on Tues. 24th
Gentleman said gotta use the on line tool HE'S BUSY besides
they usually ship out the same day anyway.
LAZY and Poor choice to send someone ready to buy away.

Response from Vishnu B., GemsNY Representative
We are sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the interaction you had with us. We love to assist our jeweler customers with all their gemstone needs. However, our records show that we did create the order for you over the phone and the item was delivered on time. Maybe there was some confusion with another vendor. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!
jamesb659
3/5/18

We had a sapphire and diamond ring made by GemsNY, and we could not have been happier. The opposite of most jewelry sales experience, They were thoughtful, patient, did not try and upsell.in any way. Was all about getting the best stone for our budget. We could not be happier, will recommend to all our friends.

michaelz57
1/31/18

Called to create a custom ring with a $50k sapphire. They made no attempt to even hear what the design was, repeating that it was impossible unless I had a picture of it. Since it's not something that I have ever seen, I have no picture of it.

"You can't even google it?" No, there is nothing like what I want to design out there. "It's not that hard, you should just google it. We won't bother without a picture."

Well, gee, if it was out there, then I would just buy it instead of dealing with a self absorbed jerk.

Everything is final sale (ie good luck if they mess up) and they refused to make plastic molds to assist with the process. Hundreds of dollars he says, it'll cost more than the ring. Basic math: $50k / $200 = 250. You would have to mess up a couple hundred times and then some to cost more than the gemstone alone.

Then he hung up. $#*!.

johns2585
1/17/18

Exceptional customer service. Ernie helped me get my wifes 40th anniversary gift in record time! From stone selection, to mounting, to expedited delivery...a beautiful set of ruby earrings went from concept to her ears in 5 days! AAA+!

mattk71
12/31/17

Our experience shopping for a blue sapphire engagement ring at GemsNY was excellent. My fiancé and I are thrilled with the finished product and the service we got from Ernie. We enjoyed meeting with him personally in his Midtown office, where we got to pick out our perfect sapphire and he explained everything about the services GemsNY offered. He was very friendly and professional, and not at all pushy; we truly enjoyed working with him. We highly recommend and will be back when it's time to shop for wedding bands.

brianh255
12/15/17

I bought my wife a sapphire ring about a year ago. It arrived quicker than I expected and it was perfect. My wife was beyond pleased. I plan on buying a pair of sapphire earrings for her this year. GemsNY is the best.

jeffd110
11/14/17

We are very pleased with the sapphire we purchased from you. Heres the stone after being placed in a setting by our local jeweler (they were also impressed with the sapphire quality). We like your website, the purchase transaction was easy & the actual stone matched what you had pictured on your website.

Thanks & Regards Jeff & Dot Jacksonville, Florida

suzannec54
9/30/17

We have just purchased another ring from GemsNY. Once again we have received excellent advice and service fron Ernie. As Canadians we were once a bit uneasy purchasing online from an American company but I can assure other Canadian purchasers of the future that GemsNY is a professional reputable company. Manufacture and shipping were exactlly as promised and the import duties were reasonable. We will be doing business here again in the future. Suzanne and George Caldwell, Ontario, Canada.

richardb340
8/3/17

I know that jewelry is something you won't even consider buying online but this company is the real deal. I already purchased from them twice before and will definitely purchase again. Reasonable prices backed up great customer service. Ernie really treats his customers with utmost respect. Kudos to Gems NY.

jillj38
7/28/17

Website was easy to navigate and it's the first jewelry site I've encountered that seems genuinely interested on educating customers like me on gemstones and jewelry so that I can make my decision (rather than being pushed into what the jeweler thinks is good - which has been my experience in retail). I just like being able to browse, take my time, and make my selection without someone breathing down my neck. I had one technical question and when I called they answered it (most jeweler's have told me "come in and we'll talk" - ugh!).

suec98
6/16/17

We decided to go in person to view sapphires for my ring. Ernie was such a pleasure to work with. The sapphire is perfect. Love the size, sparkle and color. And the price - great value. They did a great job setting it in my ring, cleaning the other stones, adding the small diamond that had fallen out a while ago. Just perfect. Wish all my other purchase transactions could be as smooth and painless. Thank you for exceeding my expectations!

shirleyn7
5/19/17

Excellent service. I had no problem returning the first ring. The sales manager Ernie was a pleasure to talk to. I order a Alexandrite ring that was really pretty but the stone was small and I talked to him and he said the next stone I picked out was larger and clearer than the first one and he thought I would like it much better, he was right, I just received the second ring and it is absolutely beautiful. I will recommend them to anyone looking for a pretty ring. Also the price is excellent.

dianal55
3/27/17

Sometimes it's difficult choosing a piece of jewelry on the web, although GemsNY has an excellent website and so many great choices, until you see the piece for real it can be a bit scary. But GemsNY's return policy eases that fear, I know because I used it and a new piece was made for me with a different stone, and I was so pleased. The original stone was as described, I just wanted a larger ruby than my first choice. The following is a copy of my last email to GemsNY;
"Hi ........, just to inform you that i just rec'd my ruby ring. It is BEAUTIFUL, Thank you so much for your description and recommendations on this stone, I Love it!!!"

I would definitely do business with GemsNY again, they proved trustworthy to me; Highly recommend, Beautiful items and Great prices, you can't go wrong.

Diana L.

deborahc86
3/5/17

My husband bought me a beautiful Ruby and Diamond ring for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. It is Beautiful, the Ruby from Africa is a beautiful dark red just like he ordered and the Diamonds help show it off. The workmanship was excellent. Very happy and satisfied. The prices were very reasonable also. We would buy from you again and let others know about your company.

debrar41
1/31/17

I had an issue with one of the stones in my beautiful pendant, and Ernie at GemsNY helped me replace this stone. The process was quick and easy, considering I am in California. I would not hesitate to purchase again from GemsNY, as well as recommend them to my friends. Thank you Ernie for all your help. :)

mm300
1/4/17

Ring is just as ordered. It was for a special occasion, our daughter's graduation. I called to a week before the estimated delivery date and was told that the ring would be arrive a few days after that the original promised time. However, they rushed the order and had it on time. If you need it a specific date, it may be a good idea to call and check on the order and give them time to get it to you when you need it.

paulp134
12/10/16

GemsNY is fantastic. So helpful and patient with my questions, shipped my choice to me exactly as we discussed and on the day promised. Great follow through and absolutely honest; I would recommend them to anyone for jewelry purchasing.

alym8
11/10/16

I have always wanted a ruby engagement ring, but had just about given up until I came across gemsNY. Most shops rent a few rubies and try to push them on you with little to no information.

I made an appointment and they were able to show me all the nuances in different clarity, colors, brilliance, and heated/non heated (walked me through more like). Prices were at least half what we had seen at places before and in my one appointment, I saw over 10 stones in person.

I can't speak for the online experience, but I highly suggest this company (and if you can make a quick trip or a vacation to NYC, you can see any stone from the website in person!) People were very friendly, helpful, and I never felt pressured out o my price range - they showed stones well below in fact!

pedror33
11/6/16

I met with Ernie at the location. After trying to convince my girlfriend against emeralds and failing... I had to do my research on emeralds and jewelers. I found my way many times on Gemsny, and I saw a loose emerald I favored and just after a few weeks it was gone! I really needed to pull the trigger this time, but I really wanted to see the stones in person.

I didn't make an appointment, but they were willing to work with me when I walked in on a Friday at 5pm. I met with Ernie, and he was absolutely welcoming and willing to answer all my questions. He showed me multiple stones in my budget, and settings. The stone is really the most important part of the ring. He spent 2 hours with me, and helped me pick the right gem, and showed the difference in quality. He really made the experience stress free, and I was at the location pass the time of closing and he never once rushed me.

Absolutely recommend! They also do custom designs which was great. I only recommend making an appointment and visiting the site to get a better idea what you're looking for in price, size and color. If everyone else is like Ernie then I bet they all give a great experience!

Can't wait to see the ring complete!!! This was my first time going into a shop, and I walked out with a gem and setting picked. Easy process!

Yes, they are and I have not found any more friendly, professional customer service than Ernie the manager at Gemsny. For pure Burmese- Myanmar Ruby the prices indeed worth it. They list all information and if there is any questions, Ernie is there to help.

By Juanita A.

As of 4/18/2016, only gems over $5,000 will have laser id numbers inscribed. The number inscribed will be a unique number that we have assigned.

By Vishnu B., GemsNY Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GemsNY staff and other customers.

15 Photos for GemsNY