GearDate.com

GearDate.com has a consumer rating of 1.05 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. GearDate.com also ranks 189th among Gadgets sites. The most common issues with GearDate.com are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate GearDate.com?

“DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY”

C E.
1/9/20

I ordered a drone at the end of November 2019 for my son for Christmas. That is all he asked for so I went ahead and splurged.... as Christmas approaches I still did not get my product so I continue to contact them daily to only get responses that it has been shipped for me to be patient etc. Christmas came and gone no product, I had to find another drone and spend another hundred plus dollars just so that my son could wake up Christmas morning for the only thing he ask for. I asked for a refund and he gave me the runaround.Still continues to give me the run around telling me to allow him or them to make it right and re-issue me the drone. Now I'm getting continuous emails stating that it has been recent re-shipped and I still have not received it and on the tracking it states nothing that It has been shipped... I finally sent an email and threatened him and I will make do on my promise that I will hunt down this company which is located in China and I will in sure with every means that the word gets out and that this company is shut down!!! I contacted the Better Business Bureau and the internal affairs and have given them the information that I have on hand on this company!!!

leshyab
February 1st, 2020
I am mad at myself, usually I read reviews first and this time I did not. I ordered what was supposed to be a storage unit that hold shoes. The picture shows a nice unit that looks sturdy and holds 12 pair of shoes. I was informed by UPS that I would receive the unit today. Since (according to the picture) its a nice size unit, I made sure I was here to bring it in. Just to give insight on what I ordered and what I received I have enclosed pictures of both.. Really upset after waiting all this time...
maryannc68
February 16th, 2020
His place is a joke. They falsely advertised items as bean bag CHAIRS and what they sent were just covers! They refuse to allow me to return. They ridiculously offered a $5 refund for a more than $65 purchase. The stupidly said I would be permitted to keep the items and I could "sale" them if I didn't want them. Do not do business with theses people they are scammers, and have been report to every Federal agency I could find to take complaints. They are under investigation.
aprilo34
January 22nd, 2020
Ordered 3 items as a whole package in November 2019 as a Christmas present for my son, I've only received 1 of the 3 items at the begging of January 2020. I've sent multiple emails, and only received a response 2 times. Supposedly my other items were returned, not sure why they would be. The post office said they never left China??? I will never buy from any other company other than Amazon or eBay again, and I will from now on, always use PayPal. I'm sure hoping I didn't get scammed out of the other 2 items and my money.
heatherr276
January 12th, 2020
I ordered a product for Christmas 2019 in the beginning of December. After purchasing it they said it would take 3 weeks to arrive from China. That would cut it close for Christmas. It's now January 12th and have not received the item. They said they would credit me 3 bucks for the hassle. No credit. I have tried to cancel and they are not answering. What a scam. Time to call my credit card company to try to get my money back.
lauraf285
December 22nd, 2019
This company is a scam. They steal your money and never intend to ship the product. Mine has never been received and I've contacted them by email (only way) and the response is always that it's been shipped. Liars!
joycep170
December 16th, 2019
This company sucks do not buy with them or you will be sorry. they are liars and scammers. they said they sent it on the 8th. but tracking said the 14th. will not get it in time and they will not refund my money. im sure its a piece of junk
judyp161
October 5th, 2019
I bought5 a ruggie alarm for 37.95 and wasn't thrilled with product as i couldn't set the alarm. i tried to send back and they said they couldn't do return and give me back 3.00. I cannot believe what a horrendous company would do this. If only I would have found this site, I wouldn't have been scammed. omg!! Also advertising, I wished i would have put on credit card but i gave a bank card and i'm never going to see that money again. Lesson learned!! judy
karend184
September 4th, 2019
This company does NOT have a money back guarantee as it states on their site. Stay away from them. They do not accept returns and will offer you pennies on the dollars you spent.
chrism1019
July 7th, 2019
I will NEVER buy from this organization again!! I purchased two magnetic cell covers and within the first few days the front cover of one cracked through...top to bottom. After four attempts, and each time being told "We are so sorry this happened," the company would not refund my money, only sending me a replacement for an already defective product. Please do not order from this company, unless you don't mind wasting money, or ending up with a product for which you have no use because of poor manufacturing quality!
stevens610
June 24th, 2019
Received incorrect item and they were unwilling to accept refund. Offered me $10 return for a $199 purchase. Took over 1.5 months to finally get product. Once I did, received wrong product and then they wouldn't accept any returns. Offered me $15 refund for $199 item. I did get my money back by going through Paypal and disputing the charges.
mlp1
May 28th, 2019
It took over a month for me to get my non slip shoes for work I ordered a size 35 which is a US size 5 and I hot a 38 three sizes to large for me when I emailed them after sending the copy of my order receipt showing what size I ordered and they confirmed I then sent a photo of the box and shoes they sent me and they keep asking me stupid questions I will never recommend this site to anyone or show here ever again they have yet to do anything to help me and I cant wait for another month
tarah113
June 19th, 2019
They take your money quick but if the item is defective they won't send you another one or refund your money. After emailing me back and forth and I told them to send me another because I understand electronics default. They won't answer my emails anymore. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY
lisar563
April 30th, 2019
I recently ordered a "smart' watch. Junk. Took almost a month to arrive, it's trash. So I emailed about a refund, they told me they would refund me $5.00 and to give it as a gift. I wouldn't give it anyone too cheap looking. Don't buy any product from this company
davidb2053
March 6th, 2019
Ordered a phone magnetic phone case; it was missing the front screen protector. Didn't meet my expectations. Emailed them that I wanted to return it for a full refund as was guaranteed on their website. They refuse, offered to send the glass, but WILL NOT HONOR THE 100% SATISFACTION PROMISE listed on their site. DON'T WASTE YOU FUNDS OR MONEY.
leem260
May 20th, 2019
They have no customer service. I asked for help and just get some idiot emailing me asking me stupid details about my order and offering no help after I answered all the questions that made mostly no sense. Their rim protectors do not adhere well at all and I keep spinning them off. Their supposed 3M adhesive doesn't hold.
ORDER #G22100
lynw37
March 2nd, 2019
As you can see in the pictures, the item I ordered was a wireless phone charger with a hidden camera. What I received was a basic wireless phone charger. I had to report this site because they falsely advertise items, then send you a similar item without the same functions that is of less value. I complained and asked for the correct item to be sent or give me a full refund as advertised, so they said they would send the correct item. They again sent the same incorrect item. I demanded a full refund like they guarantee on the site, but they said because they are losing money on the items sent (which I cannot use) that they could only give me a $5 refund out of the $60 I spent. I refused and reported them to all the government agencies who handle foreign website fraud. geardate.com has a base address in California, but their products ship from Asia, and other foreign countries.

Buyer beware!!
lauram701
June 17th, 2019
I purchased a product from GearDate, not sure it matters what as they sell a lot of varied items, but it was something for doing automotive interior detailing. When my order arrived, they had sent me a foam cannon which is something for washing the exterior of a vehicle. I had to do some research to figure out what this product even was and i found that I could actually purchase what they sent me on Amazon for 1/2 the cost of what I paid, so not only did they not ship me the correct order, but they tried to get me to accept a product worth less than half of what they were supposed to send.
Then, despite they're "100% satisfaction guarantee" when I contacted them regarding this mistake, they said they would not take it back, and offered to refund me only 12% of what I paid to them.

So, I've contacted my credit card company and initiated a charge back. I have all my documentation so I expect I'll get my full refund, but that I even need to go through the trouble to do so, when they have all those satisfaction guarantees all over their website, is so shady to me that I could never recommend this company to anyone.
haleys33
July 30th, 2019
Where do I begin! Their items are cheap plastic pieces of crap that aren't put together properly and aren't worth the price they are charging. Their company is NOT located in the U.S. (California to be exact) like their website says, and you don't realize this until you receive tracking for your item coming from China! No wonder it's a cheap piece of crap! The reviews on their website HAVE to be fake!!! They also do not offer refunds/free return shipping for defective items, AGAIN LIKE THEIR WEBSITE SAYS, and will instead offer you a credit of $4 on a $50 defective item!!! When you refuse to accept this offer, they tell you they'll offer you $8 and that you can just give the item away as a gift. Smh! Crappiest items and worst service ever! So glad I paid using my PayPal account and they are forcing the seller to refund me. Would have given them 0 stars if it were an option. DON'T FALL FOR THE FAKE REVIEWS ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!
ce92
January 9th, 2020

they screw around and finally will get back & try to give you a 3.00 refund on a product that cost me 38.00

By judy p.