Gardener's Supply Company reviews

Tel: 1-888-833-1412
hollyrs@gardeners.com

patriciam614
6/8/19
• Updated review

After waiting weeks for the missing parts needed to assemble my expensive purchase, I received a shipment that was again missing parts! I should have been sent twenty pieces and received 15. So I have a pile of useless parts siting here and am out of pocket for more than $425. Idiots! I do not recommend this company for anything.

“Never again...they have lost me”
6/2/19
• Previous review

After thirty years of doing business with this company, I am now an ex-customer. I have a $425 (plus shipping in excess of $60) pile of useless parts, and am still waiting for the replacement parts needed to put the item together. The company has offered no accommodation. No refund of shipping. Nothing but insincere, meaningless lip service. They even killed the product review I submitted, so they cherry pick their customer reviews. Do not recommend...for anything.

“Effusive but insincere, ineffective customer service representative”
5/24/19
• Previous review

I've purchased many things from GS over the years, and even though I sometimes had problems with the odd purchase they have always made good on the order (although I sometimes had to stomp my feet and demand that they adhere to their customer guarantee promises...the customer service reps could be annoyingly argumentative). This reliability is why I continued buying from them. But something has changed at the company, and I don't like it. Yesterday I received a damaged shipment of a large, very heavy (70 pounds) item. It had been shipped in an inadequate box, which had broken open. I phoned to ask what I should do with this partially torn-open shipping carton. Should I open it and inspect the contents, or tape it up and return to sender? The customer service rep (so effusive, brittle and fake-friendly that I found myself missing the old-style, grumpy reps I was used to) talked over me and said the item was shipped directly from the vendor, and that I should inspect it and do an inventory of parts, and then they will "work with" the vendor to replace anything missing or damaged. I pointed out that once it's opened up I was not going to be able to pack it up again. She said, vaguely, that if it needs to be returned the vender would "help with" the return costs, but first they need me to do an inventory. Translation: I am stuck with this thing whether I want it or not. They aren't going to take it back. So my advice, if you order from GS, is to avoid ordering any large, heavy item that is drop shipped from a vendor. Stick with the items they have in stock, in their warehouse, or smaller items that are easy to ship. The big, heavy items that come directly from the vendors seem to fall into a gray area where no one takes full responsibility.

lyndam73
5/23/19

I am a Master Gardener and I love your products. Recently I have bought over 20 of the water reservoir container gardening accessories and they are great. I have spent money over the years with your company and I am absolutely appalled that you have the nerve to charge $20 shipping I'm a box that weighs less than 2 lb!! It's absolutely unacceptable and I really do not want to do business with you anymore until you do something about this. In this day and age when 90% of the companies provide free 2-day shipping you should be ashamed. Thank God I had another coupon found to the internet but I still believe it's wrong that you charge so much for shipping I really do. A longtime customer who may not come back.

nickil15
5/10/19

I ordered 3 deep raises garden beds. Yea right! It was 15" tall with only two rows of cedar. Online they show 3. What a scam. When I wanted to send it back. Haha. A hard NO. Don't order from them. Liars, terrible customer service, rude and dishonest. They get you when you can't ship it back because of the cost to return. Go to garden easy.com You get what you see online and they don't lie in the picture to make it better or bigger. I am contacting my lawyer. Thank god he specializes in mis-representation cases. Lucky me. If anyone wants to join in a class action lawsuit. Contact me at figaroinc@aol.com

sherreeb1
5/29/18

The product quality is poor based on the price, shipping is excessively high, and to add insult on top of it you have to pay shipping to return. Would not order from them again.

barbarab231
4/25/17

I ordered the rooster and blue bird solar lights. They arrived quickly and packed with care. Both solar lights are bright and beautiful and a welcome addition to my garden. The salesperson who took my order was polite and helpful. No hesitation here...I highly recommend these products.

jenniferh75
12/7/14

We ordered several grow lights for our plants they have worked just as well if not better than the grow lights we bought at home depot which cost 3 times as much.

mariai17
6/12/14

The gardeners tomato fertilizers save my tomatoes this year due to the drought we were having and bad weather conditions.

lindaw73
6/6/14

They have some really unique pest control solutions for your garden that I didn't find elsewhere. We had a big insect/mouse problems and solved it using gardeners

nancyp40
5/15/14

Gardeners had some wonderful solar lights and solar powered planters that really helped make our garden usable even in the evening. They all worked perfectly.

mikeg36
4/22/12

This site is a gem. This very able company is employee owned and extremely responsive to customer concerns. They occasionally feature a surprise bargain. The web site is well managed and has a blog. They've been involved in community education and surprisingly national education on community-based gardening issues(NYC's rooftop gardening, particularly). I've ordered items from this site and always quickly received their products.

Questions? Get answers from the Gardener's Supply Company staff and other customers.

Gardener's Supply Company?