Freedom Mobile

Freedom Mobile has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Freedom Mobile ranks 81st among Mobile Carriers sites.

How would you rate Freedom Mobile?

“Horrible, disgusting company with terrible customer service”

Anony m.
12/21/19

Horrible company. Terrible customer service. Repeatedly overcharges us. Had to spend hours debating over the over-charging issue. Never in my life have I been so utterly disappointed and disgusted. The quality of customer service is horrible. Workers are impolite and ignorant. Truly the worst company I've ever seen.

rimac6
September 14th, 2021

Terrible experience with this sneaky company that boasts about "no hidden fees or surprises", but hides everything in their Terms and Conditions. No different than other networks, other than slower speeds, dead zones, and oh yeah, surprise roaming charges.

Their bait-and-switch referral program is convoluted and needs to be better communicated. I referred 3 people and only got credit for 1 because of the poor communication from this communication company - such a joke.

Only bearable since I work from home and use a more reliable provider for home wifi (which also has better customer service and knows how to retain loyal, longtime customers). So Freedom's low quality network and rate is what it is, but shouldn't be your main network source unless you are desperate and have A LOT of patience to save a buck. Otherwise, there are other reliable Canadian carriers better suited to meet quality customer care, and offers competitive rates because they value your on-going business.

Products used:

michaels364
March 30th, 2017

Is inexpensive but this comes with major limitations. Constant roaming charges, if you leave major city no coverage. Monthly calls to explain billing mess, bill is never the same even though on a plan. Very frustrating to deal with, call centre very poor and hard to understand.

anonym47
December 21st, 2019

ritae5
February 9th, 2019

LTE data service is sooo slow and sometimes I can't even connect to the internet! Extremely frustrating on a daily basis.
You get what you pay for!

shureno
December 4th, 2018

Let me put it like this. I was giving them close to $100 a month for like their ultimate package at the time which was like 10 to 15GB DATA & than they would just throttle your DATA afterwards which was absolute HS, because it's more like they cut you off. By the way I never even came close to 10GB cuz their service was always dropping anywhere I was & it was so slow I would just turn the Mobile Data off & leech off of Walmart while I'm sitting in my car. Yes it's that bad.

When it came to making call's, most of the time I couldn't get through, or I had to wait a long time b4 the dial even came up, & I would consider myself lucky if it didn't drop completely.

Now they may have made some adjustments since than to better improve themselves however, I consider 1st impression's to be very important, & I did not get that with this company.

They have good plans for great prices and with no additional fees. My bill is the same price every month. Their coverage has got a lot better in the last two years!

By Rita E.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Freedom Mobile staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Mobile?

Have a question about Freedom Mobile?