Review of FoamOrder

Tel: 1-415-503-9314
foamking@foamorder.com

gyrog1
12/10/18

Placed an order for a custom size piece of foam, (7'x5'x1"). It was projected to ship a week later, however it has now been 3 weeks and nothing has been received, no one answers the phone or returns my calls, and the online order status has not been updated since I placed the order. But, the charge did hit my credit card 2 days after the order.

lisas910
8/19/18

Placed an order for two cushions with custom fabric (that they said they had and had sent me a swatch for). Ordered in May. Billed to my credit card in May. After several frustrating attempts to reach the order status department in July, I just learned that as of 8/19 the cushions have not been sewn because they don't have the fabric. I am asking them to immediately refund me. I don't know yet whether I will have to open a dispute with my credit card company. Be very cautious...something is not being well run at this company.

cs278
7/18/18

This place (a) gets your money, (b) takes forever to complete the order, (c) claims theyve already started the order within days so that they wont refund if you cancel. Do yourself a favor and find a local vendor. Would NEVER order from foamorder.com if I knew then what I now know.

chriss59
2/14/18

I've ordered from here twice. It's the most affordable way I've found to get a totally custom natural latex cushion product. I would recommend it.
PROS: Both orders were received exactly as ordered. Anytime I emailed them the response was prompt and professional and answered my question. And, bottom line, you can't beat their price + quality materials + quality craftsmanship + custom options combination.
CONS: I wasn't totally thrilled about the time it took to find out when I'd be getting my order, the fact that their order status on their website never worked, the condition of the package on my second order, or one confusing email I received about my order that left me wondering if I was going to get what I ordered at all (this was weeks after I'd already been charged).

joel1012
6/28/17

Quality was lower than advertised, charged more for packing in addition to shipping and handling without my prior knowledge, and never gave discount on agreed coupon code they provided. The burlap (charged extra) around the foam was less than 1/2". Real cheap stuff.

Tip for consumers: USE OTHER GUYS

johnp519
4/5/17

I use latex toppers and mattresses frequently and set up an account with them, and placed an order. The order went through ... as did a second order that I was not notified about, which arrived two weeks after the first order. When I called about this, the response was essentially "you placed the order" (I didn't--even their system shows the one order), "We notified you" (they didn't, and why wouldn't they just use the account I set up?) and, about the time between shipments, "there was a delay" (which you didn't say anything about). Doesn't pass the sniff test. It's a dishonest company.

karenj104
1/12/17

I placed an order on line and tried to cancel the following day. They wouldn't return my call and the following day said the work had already been done. I called my credit card company and they were charging my card while I was speaking to the representative. They were lying about the order having already been done and would not refund anything. I would not recommend them to anyone.

karenl86
10/23/15

At first the pillow was great but it sort of went downhill after 6 months passed. I'm not sure what it was but I ended up not using it anymore and got a regular pillow.

Tip for consumers: I'm not convinced latex is really a better material than anything else used in bedding. I worry a lot of what is written about latex is marketing.

mikec155
6/15/15

I also wish I could give ZERO stars because that is really what they deserve.

I ordered two twin-size wedges to lay side-by-side on a king bed. Not a hard requirement for most companies to understand. When I received the product, it was not made to the specifications that I had in my copy of the order entry data. Somehow the company came up with a "fabricated" order page reflecting the dimensions that they manufactured to. I guess foam in not the only thing they "fabricate". I sent them pictures showing that there was no way the delivered product was made as I specified and it would fit on a king-size bed as a typical wedge would be positioned. They don't care to serve the needs of their customers and they pass on their errors to their unsuspecting customers as so many of the reviews here and on other review sites have depicted so well. They have proved how unscrupulous they can be. Do yourself a big favor and don't get caught up in their web - buy your foam products elsewhere.

ritac16
2/18/15

I ordered two twin natural latex mattresses from Foam Order for a total of about $1,800. Since the company doesn't use Paypal or another payment service, I had to give my card number to the employee who took the order. A couple of days later the bank notified me of a debit to my account in a different amount than I had approved. I called the bank and was told not only was money paid, but more was on hold for further processing. The bank gave me the name of the payee which was a Marriott hotel in the same city as Foam Order. I immediately put a hold on the account and reported the theft to Visa. I then called the Marriott to verify my card had been used to rent a room for the weekend. Due to their policy, I was not given the name on the register. I then called Foam Order and when customer service answered I explained what had happened and the girl just laughed and spoke to someone else in the office and they both had a laugh. I asked to speak to the owner and explained what had occurred. He assured me it couldn't have been one of his employees and told me the entire place was monitored and video taped and he would check the tape to see who had processed my order. When I didn't hear from him after a day or two, I called again. The story he gave me was the video system was down on that day so there was none to be viewed. How convenient, which is what I told him. Next I reported the theft to the local police who then forwarded it to the police department in San Francisco. Since the bank verified my card had been stolen, I was refunded the full amount. However, the actual person who committed the theft has not been apprehended. No one cares as long as the money has been refunded. Visa is covered by insurance so it's no loss to them and it's never reported to the authorities. This is one reason people continue to steal card numbers and identities and something needs to be done about it. I can understand why some people retaliate in their own way.

Tip for consumers: Trust no one who doesn't use a valid payment service.

jeremyb31
11/11/13

Foamorder.com has some good quality memory foam and latex products (mattresses, pillows, mattress pads, etc.) but their prices are a bit steep and and their customer service is spotty. Some folks are really helpful and other ones are a little grumpy. I would shop here again but I would also shop around.

Questions? Get answers from the FoamOrder staff and other customers.

FoamOrder?