Review of FiveStarEngines

fivestarengines@yahoo.com

1 Review From Our Community

badb
8/15/16

This happened a few years ago but ever since that time I have been keeping tabs on this business and it has shown to be true to what I experienced with Chris the owner. I have learned if the price sounds to good to be true it is and to ignore the words 'state of the arts' when used.
I have rebuilt my engines most of the time but working full time I didn't have the time so bought a long block 350 to put in a 1974 k-10 Chevy I was restoring. To make a long story short with a new carb and intake it took me 3 times to get it to pass emissions and when it did pass it was by 1 point. Before 100 miles had been put on the engine it over heated. I pulled the plugs to run a compression test. As soon as I turned over the engine water shot out number 7 and 5 spark plug holes. I then pulled the head and there was a grove .055 inches deep and .650 wide making it an over sized paper weight. Chris told me it was done by a lean mixture. It would have taken the engine 20,000 miles to develop that type of abuse. I contacted the BBB and got no satisfaction from them. Since that time I have seen many of his customers get the same abuse as I from Chris. Beware of ones using the old 'state of the arts' saying especially when all you see is a monkey with a pipe wrench.

Questions? Get answers from the FiveStarEngines staff and other customers.

FiveStarEngines?