Review of Fancy

Tel: 5206336665
i18n@fancy.com

keviny4
12/16/13

Placed orders, credit card charged, complied w/ request for info from their "security verification" department.

Then: No order updates/processing, no shipping confirmation x 3 weeks, fancy.com account locked without justification, orders cancelled without justification, no response from customer service.

Now: Filed dispute with AMEX.

dc47
12/10/13

Fancy.com is a terrible online retailer. I'm not even sure if they are illegitimate. They did not process my orders after pending for over a week and a half. They also requested I send them a copy of my credit card and photo ID over email, and then cancelled my orders with no explanation after I repeatedly contacted their support team for updates. They told me they'd respond multiple times and did not, and basically wasted two weeks of my life and ignored any reasonable request for assistance.

benjiig
10/23/13

I ordered from Fancy.com on the 20th of September, they took my money right away.

On the 25th of September i emailed Fancy.com to query the status of the order as it hadn't changed for 5 days. I received an email back from customer service the same day saying "everything is functioning normally... please be aware that they take up to two weeks to ship, as indicated on the product page". My fault for not checking the details.

I contacted Fancy.com again on the 15th of October again because the order status still hadn't changed. Two days later I got a response saying "there was a backorder for this item due to a manufacturing issue, but it is currently being resolved... you should receive a shipping confirmation e-mail containing a FedEx tracking number"

That was 9 days ago and the order status has still not changed and no email with a tracking number. Looks like they take your money without having the item in stock.

They did gave me a $10 voucher for the shipping delay, which is still not resolved. But I don't see how giving me $10 to buy something else that wont ever ship is going to make me feel better.

This is my first experience with Fancy.com and its not a very good one so far.

elisej
7/8/13

Fancy sells quirky things that you can't find anywhere else. Some of the stuff is kind of a ripoff, like the $699 refrigerator scooter. But then again the $14 nail holder seems vaguely reasonable. As more and more unique items are made and sold online, you'll probably be able to buy and sell them on Fancy.

frang
5/25/13

This site DEFRAUDED me out of $75. I ordered an item in March, over two months ago. I contacted their customer service in early May, and their own customer service team was unable to look up my order. They asked me to wait a few days while they contacted the supplier. Two weeks later, and three more emails, and I NEVER HEARD a thing.

pierreeloid
5/19/13

I could just hope that you had the option to chose 0 star to rate the customer service.
I have ordered a dart game on February 23rd for my brother birthday.
A month after still no news, I get worried, they tell me the supplier is struggling with the demand and they reprocess another order.
Bottom-line: it's been three months now and still no news. Obviously my money has been cashed in for a long time, that may be the reason they do not reply my emails anymore.
And no... you 25 dolars gift card after my tenth email won't help.

What's the point of being fancy if you cannot even deliver the basic: deliver the product.

Contact cs@fancy.com with your order number

By Nick s.

Questions? Get answers from the Fancy staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Fancy