Review of Fancy

i18n@fancy.com

billf42
12/22/15

NEVER deal with thefancy.com
Three days before a Christmas gift order, I received an email that my order had been cancelled. They were very quick to take my money and the kicker is, 'I might receive a refund'
Might ? This site is a scam artists dream come true. They show interesting merchandise, often a bit expensive and lie to you about estimated arrival time. All the while keeping your money and continuing to act like they are a business.
This company embodies the phrase 'buyer beware'.

nickd54
12/16/15

Took 3 weeks for item to finally ship. Customer service team just say "We said it could take up to 2 weeks to ship". Estimated delivery when I ordered was at the latest 20th Dec. It has now been sent out on the 17th. Definitely won't arrive in time as international.

This company just resells other companies' items but has no idea whats going on at all.

AVOID.

Tip for consumers: Don't order, find it somewhere else.

dianao3
11/19/15

Ordered on fancy never got my item and within a week the credit number I used was stolen and 56 fraudulent charges were made. I don't use this card often so has to be the fancy site.

buyersr
3/23/15

I had such high hopes for you fancy. Im always low on cash, so I tried to purchase a little gift card through email for my mate to celebrate our anniversary. My account was deducted automatically and my mate never received it. I email all the support emails and never got a response or even a simple hey we are reviewing your issue etc. Smh. So at this point all I can do is dispute this with my credit card company. Ive purchased from Fancy before and had a great experience, but I guess now no one is minding the store. BUYER BEWARE!

nicks88
3/21/15

Ordered some home decor, I'm based in uk and it was with me within 14 days very happy with fancy

allysona1
1/8/15

Fancy is AWFUL. I ordered a gift for my boyfriend and the tracking number said that my package was delivered. It wasn't. I attempted to contact Fancy, and they responded at first, saying that they would try and check about my package. After a few days had gone by and I hadn't heard anything, I emailed again. No response. A few days later, I emailed again. No response. I attempted to call customer service around five times but no one ever answered my call or returned my messages. So, the FOURTH time I emailed (a very angry email, might I add), I got a response back telling me that the merchant that I ordered from is sold out of my item and can not send me a replacement. Then, instead of refunding me, they only credited me with a Fancy.com giftcard. In addition, the whole time I was in contact with FedEx, and they could not find my package either and kept telling me that it was delivered. When I called my credit card company, they could not cancel my charge because of the giftcard that I was credited. I am beyond enraged with my experience! Worst experience that I have ever had ordering online. I wish that I had researched the company before I placed my order.

stephanieb43
1/5/15

First and LAST time ever placing an order on Fancy.com or with any of their vendors. Ordered two different items from two different sellers through Fancy.com on 12/20, was charged for both items immediately, yet here I am on 01/05/15 with no items, no replies to multiple emails that I sent to their customer service department and two charges on my account for items that I have neither been shipped nor received.

Or have they been shipped? I wouldnt know because customer service totally ignores my requests for information. They offer no other means to contact them aside from email and they completely blow you off/dont answer them. I shop online a lot, worst effing customer service Ive dealt w/in a long time and Im currently 100 bux in the hole for merchandise I have yet to see.

michellet38
12/24/14

I ordered an item meant to be a Christmas gift the week before Thanksgiving. After 3 weeks of the order still "processing", I emailed cs and was told they would contact the supplier. 2 days later, they email back saying the item would ship no later than the end of the following week (12-19-14). The item finally shipped on 12-22-14 and estimated delivery is 12-29-14. Now I have to find another gift to replace this one. I'll never order from Fancy again.

pissedo27
12/16/14

Worst customer service I have ever seen. I contacted customer service to cancel an accidentally placed order and was told they will get back to me in 24 hours. That did not happen, my request was completely ignored. I contacted them again the next day and only got half of the order cancelled. I emailed them back to tell them that the address on the order is completely wrong and they need to cancel the entire order right away. But again their customer service did not get back to me after 24 hours and they shipped half the order to a non-existent address.

The request to cancel was made immediately after the order. And after contacting support multiple times, they some how still ended up shipping the order to a non-existent address. Would not shop with them again.

johnm
12/12/14

Possibly the worst eCommerce experience I've had. I purchased an "iKettle" from Fancy and when it was delivered it turned out to be UK (240v) electronics, yet nothing to that effect was listed in the product description, and this is a US site listing the product in USD.

Upon contacting customer service they avoided any apology and didn't admit anything was awry; it was appalling. Its likely that every customer who purchased this item ended up having to return it.

I previously ordered some items from them and they either arrived very late or one of the items turned out to not be available after all (even though it was in-stock when I purchased it).

This is a bizarre company that doesn't deserve to survive in my opinion.

quinnt2
12/9/14

Love browsing Fancy! the majority of the products are fairly unique and I love window shopping!
However, I've added many things to my cart, but later remove them when I see how much shipping costs. It's crazy! Shipping is considerably more expensive than other online retailers. It also changes drastically depending on the merchant the product is from. That whole side of the business just doesn't seem well run.
The few things I have purchased come in a reasonable time, and in good shape. Haven't had any problems there.
Love browsing and adding things to lists, hate actually buying anything.

Tip for consumers: Check your shipping costs.

ks80
11/25/14

0 Stars! I actually got the product I ordered and very quickly. BUT it was a tee shirt and the picture was printed on the tee shirt crooked. Not even close to centered either. An obvious mess up. Sure I can return the item but for Fancy.com credit!? No thank you. Wish I would have read reviews first. Don't make my mistake!

adamina
11/25/14

It was really good. Delivered item in time.for my first order and shipped by second order vry quickly

Tip for consumers: Fancy product buy from sale you get it for a great price

anonym87
8/5/14

I ordered a Fancy box from them last month and was surprised that it still arrived (internationally) within a few weeks of my order date. The stuff inside is great, exactly what I needed for my apartment but cuter than I'd have bought for myself. Overall, a great way to splurge on yourself or as a gift for someone else.

christined4
7/25/14

If I could leave zero stars, I would. I purchased a product that had obviously been previously returned and put back into inventory. The packaging was cut open and then strapped together with clear packing tape. As the item was a gift I had no choice but try to remove the sloppy patched together packaging and it was then that I discovered the clothing item had large gaping holes in it. Clearly they knew this as they packaged it up for resale themselves. I contacted the company and have not heard a reply. I have to conclude they purposely sent me, quite literally, their trash. Totally unprofessional and deceitful.

judyc18
4/4/14

This site does not deserve the one star. Had to rate it to review it. My name, photo, and password are being used illegally. I have nothing to do with this site and knew nothing about it until I searched my own name as used on facebook along with fb photo. They used my Twitter account password. There is nowhere on the site to register a complaint.

stephanies4
3/12/14

I can't remember where I heard of fancy.com but when I went on the site I saw they had a sort of "mystery box" thing (fancy box) where you get a package every month with some cool stuff in it. I tried it out and I like it, been getting it for about 3 months now. It's good for having some items that you can use as gifts since you get a few things in it each month. Last month I got a flatiron! I'm keeping that though.

louiset17
2/2/14

Horrible. DO NOT SHOP HERE.
I ordered 4 items for christmas gifts on November 30th. 2 just about arrived on time. The third arrived on the 10th of January and the last one, being the most expensive at 105$, has not even been dispatched yet. It has been just over two months now with no news whatsoever. I emailed the customer service and a Lady called Shana said she was looking into it. I doubt I will EVER recieve my gift, not even in time for my mother's birthday, the 25th of March. I am ridiculously frustrated, as i cannot seem to refund or cancel the item. This is bullsh*t. CAUTION: THIS IS A SCAM WEBSITE DO NOT SHOP THERE

donnaz2
1/18/14

Do not shop at this site! I returned an item for refund on 12/9/13; they acknowledged receipt on 12/11/13 and said refund would take 2 weeks. Month goes by; emailed them 2 times and no reply. Called my credit card company and received a credit from them. I deactivated my Fancy account. Then 2 days later received email from Fancy and they sent me a $20 gift card, but can't use because account is deactivated. I used live chat and they assured me that customer service would get back to me the next day...they did not. I FEEL FANCY.COM IS A SCAM. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!

lindat30
1/17/14

purchased two items for xmas - one broke immediately and the return policy is frustrating, you can't call them, you email and days go by before the respond then only offer a credit to their website. the other item I purchased and wrote on the order that if it wasn't going to arrive by xmas then I didn't want the item. it arrived on Jan 6th. NEVER AGAIN...

karenj17
1/16/14

This company has THE WORST return /exchange ploicy that I have ever experienced in an on-line retailer. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

richardr34
1/2/14

Same as many. Ordered item and was told it takes up to 7 business days for it to process. My fault for not being detailed enough but now it's been over 7 business days without any responses to emails. Love the site but they're douchebags of eCommerce.

keviny4
12/16/13

Placed orders, credit card charged, complied w/ request for info from their "security verification" department.

Then: No order updates/processing, no shipping confirmation x 3 weeks, fancy.com account locked without justification, orders cancelled without justification, no response from customer service.

Now: Filed dispute with AMEX.

dc47
12/10/13

Fancy.com is a terrible online retailer. I'm not even sure if they are illegitimate. They did not process my orders after pending for over a week and a half. They also requested I send them a copy of my credit card and photo ID over email, and then cancelled my orders with no explanation after I repeatedly contacted their support team for updates. They told me they'd respond multiple times and did not, and basically wasted two weeks of my life and ignored any reasonable request for assistance.

benjiig
10/23/13

I ordered from Fancy.com on the 20th of September, they took my money right away.

On the 25th of September i emailed Fancy.com to query the status of the order as it hadn't changed for 5 days. I received an email back from customer service the same day saying "everything is functioning normally... please be aware that they take up to two weeks to ship, as indicated on the product page". My fault for not checking the details.

I contacted Fancy.com again on the 15th of October again because the order status still hadn't changed. Two days later I got a response saying "there was a backorder for this item due to a manufacturing issue, but it is currently being resolved... you should receive a shipping confirmation e-mail containing a FedEx tracking number"

That was 9 days ago and the order status has still not changed and no email with a tracking number. Looks like they take your money without having the item in stock.

They did gave me a $10 voucher for the shipping delay, which is still not resolved. But I don't see how giving me $10 to buy something else that wont ever ship is going to make me feel better.

This is my first experience with Fancy.com and its not a very good one so far.

Contact cs@fancy.com with your order number

By Nick s.

Questions? Get answers from the Fancy staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Fancy