Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

1,143 reviews with 5 stars

jenb21
11/16/15

Amazing finds, great prices, what a brilliant site.

rachaels17
11/13/15

I read reviews after placing an order with Etsy so was a bit worried. I shouldn't have. The order was a personalised dinosaur cake topper & it arrived quickly. It was exactly what I ordered & looked great!

patriciab80
11/8/15

Thank you Melissa Maffei The Purse is Like New I love it . And the Nice inside was very Nice

johannav4
10/31/15

I ordered several items through Etsy and I am so happy! You need to read the reviews though per shop before ordening. That is very essential. But it is wonderful that small handwork shops can open a shop there. Unique items!

reeniev
9/15/15

I've been selling on Etsy for sometime now. I have had only good experiences with my sales, feedback and customers. I follow the rules, make sure my orders are out within 24 hours of purchase and follow up and make sure those packages have been delivered.

Many of the complaints I have read about Etsy and shops being closed is because the shop owners did not following Etsy's policies or are not selling authentic handmade.

As a buyer either on Etsy, eBay or Amazon, I research the seller first for red flags. If they have bad feedback or no sales, I don't purchase from them.

All in all, there a many, many reputable sellers on Etsy that sell wonderful, authentic handmade items.

I'm sorry to all those shoppers that had a bad experience with a bad shop owner.

Hopefully more of those bad shops will be closed soon so that they will no longer smear the reputation of good and responsible shop owners on Etsy.

daryllb
9/11/15

Etsy is the best for homemade, artisan crafted items. You can find anything and everything on Etsy! You purchase from individual vendors, but in all of the transactions, and there have been many, I have never been disappointed, not once! I have purchased engraved vintage silver teaspoons with meaningful messages, jewelry, soap, vintage figurines and many more item. I love Etsy so much I want to tell the entire world. :)

garys94
8/27/15

I ordered a plate frame on a Sunday and asked for a rushed delivery. On Monday I was sent email confirmation my order was shipped and I received it on Thursday today. Much thanks to Etsy and their excellent service and delivery.

bunnyb2
8/15/15

I have my own store on this website and thus far it has been a fun way to sell my works and connect with talented people. I have ordered from a couple of different shops and was happy with my items. If you are looking to buy unique, interesting items, Etsy is the way to go. However, buyers need to remember to read the reviews on shops, read their policies, and always message the seller about anything they aren't sure about. If you buy from a bad seller it's not Etsy's fault. They can settle disputes but most of the communication is between the buyer and seller. Shop smart!

alisona8
8/14/15

Loved the handcrafted fish medley and handcrafted fish decoration and delightful robot card. Fish medley is a unique feature in my cloakroom and the fish decoration in shades of purple is amazing in my guest room. Will definitely buy more pieces for gifts and the decoupage mirror is something I am seriously considering buying. The cards are excellent value and again will buy more cards from SpottySeal.
Alison

clarencem15
8/14/15

I needed dentures and had heard about flexible ones. I had heard flex dentures were very expensive. Then I came across ETSY . Problem solved!! I ordered the custom kit and it came on time. I followed the Instructions and in a few days I was smiling like I hadn't in a long time.
Russell klein from the denturestore was great!!! answered all my questions, respond timely and did superb work

anonymousp10
8/12/15

I bought an oil painting from Rossana Kelton at Kelton Contemporary Fine Art and I received a beautiful 18 x 24 oil painting with excellent customer service. I will buy from her again.

peggyd7
8/10/15

Wonderful product, great paper quality, VERY CUTE designs. I purchased two card packs for my grandchildren, one boy and one girl design. I was impressed by the immediate attention given to my order by Colleen. She sent proofs and as soon as I responded they were printed and shipped! Great service Colleen! I will definitely recommend this site to my family and friends.

jeanh33
8/7/15

I just received a cross stitched baby quilt from Anita Selph - StitchingbyHeart and it is beautiful. I wanted to make a quilt for my first grandchild as my mother did for my son but was overwhelmed with the work and skill that was involved. I ordered a kit for the quilt and a bib to practice on. It took me a week to complete the simple bib so needless to say I returned the quilt kit.

I went on Etsy to see if anyone made these and sold them. That is how I found Anita. What a great lady! She emailed me and got it shipped the next day. It was delivered in 3 days and I am beyond thrilled. I know how much work is involved first had and feel the price was a bargain.

Great lady!!!! Great product!!!!

cathyl30
7/22/15

I purchased many items from various Etsy shops from Handmade to Vintage such as supplies, jewelry, home decor and clothing and was very pleased with everything. It's a one stop shopping place where I don't have to look further with the most reasonable prices on the web. I love that each shop has their own unique style! I definitely recommend to check out the shops on Etsy!

michelleb99
7/20/15

I have made 3 purchases from sellers and never had any issues. One time an item did not arrive, which was probably the mail's fault to be honest, and the seller sent a new one with a couple of free items to make up for it. Such a nice lady. I love supporting the arts, but often want something specific when there's no craft fair going on, so this site combines the ease of online ordering with handmade and local. Love it!

sallym26
7/17/15

I ordered a Christmas ornament for a 50th wedding anniversary. Patty and I exchanged a ton of emails to get it right. She was wonderfully patient and went out of her way to get it to me on time. I was so impressed. The ornament is lovely and cost the same as a non custom made design.

gloriat9
7/9/15

I'm seriously addicted to this site ! A world of everything at your hand !

karenh77
7/2/15

Just wanted you to know that I have had 8 transactions through you and all but one was beautifully handled and the items were lovely, well made and distinguished. Thank you for being there

sarahs159
6/26/15

Recentely I purchased a hand made doll crafted by artist, Gioconda Pieracci. The purchase came through Esty, and the transaction was very easy. Gioconda couldn't have been a nicer lady, and appreciated my purchase, and my admiration of her artistry. My little doll is beautiful. She is the queen with the Lamb. This doll is so special and lovely in her appearance, that I plan on purchasing another as soon as I can. Hopefully the bride. Sarah Stone.

sheilap10
6/5/15

I was impressed with the prompt shipment. Item wrapped safely so it couldn't get damaged.
The item was more beautiful than I anticipated. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this awesome
Place to shop absolutely everything. I love Etsy. I spend enjoyable hours just browsing.

henrieg
6/3/15

I recently purchased a dress from OriginatedDora. I must pass along how much I love the dress. The shipping time was impressive. I will most definitely be purchasing from this shop again. I did have email interaction with the shop owner and it was most helpful and pleasant. I HIGHLY recommend this shop.

fuckt
5/18/15

This is a great site for artisans and suppliers a like. I sell supplies and in less then 1 years time I have made over $7000 USD doing so and have had 1000 sales. I have only had great buyers as of so far. Because of this site I have been able to quit my 9 to 5 and instead make my passion my fulltime gig. Many other people i know have done the same.

If you would like to check out my shop here is the link https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RedStarSupplies

If you want to try it out for yourself, please use this link. It will give us both 40 free listings, that way you can know if the platform works for you without paying money.

melindae2
4/29/15

From the excellent website photos, I expected beautiful jewelry. What I had not anticipated was the exquisite packaging. Every detail of the gift bag, gift-wrapped jewelry box, a label were particularly taseteful. Of course, upon opening these, the treasures were everything promised by the website.

jareda2
4/24/15

ALL T-SHIRTS ARE PROFESSIONALLY SCREEN PRINTED AND ARE ONLY$9!
THEY ALSO SELL SWEATSHIRTS,LONG SLEEVES,TANK TOPS, HOODIES AND AMERICAN APPAREL!

cecilem5
4/21/15

I ordered a pair of 1965 penny earrings and they were shipped immediately, the presentation box and care information were so helpful. The nicest pair of small earrings ( a gift from Blue Willow) came in the same shipment, which were perfect for my granddaughter's birthday next month. I highly recommend this artist and her prompt delivery. I give her 5 stars!

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You don't. You can check feedback and hopefully it will be honest, not a fake review. personally, after what etsy did to me as a seller, I would NEVER shop there again! If they treat the seller like $#*!, they won't be nuch better for a buyer who has a problem. Frankly, they have become all about the money and don't give a fig about buyers or sellers! Its a shame, they used to be a good company. Guess going bigger wasn't better for them....but they have to pay for that new bldg in NYC somehow I guess.

By Bre g.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?