Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

1,143 reviews with 5 stars

francesf21
1/31/18

I have been shopping on Etsy for years and have purchased hundreds of items. I am rarely disappointed. The creativity of the US artists amaze me and the products are quality made. I do stay away from overseas shops as Etsy has little control over mass produced items.

rickk31
1/31/18

I have yet to have any problems on this site at all. Etsy has those weird gifts, and gifts for yourself. this is just one website that really has their together, and I feel that it is going places.

sarahl270
1/30/18

I love Etsy very much, it's like a galaxy where I can find amazing, original and beautiful items. You just have to find the right seller (like Amazon, Aliexpress etc.) and I've never been disappointed. I have ordered several times and my parcels have always arrived. In the parcel some sellers don't hesitate to make a cute packaging and give some free gifts. This is really important to buy from sellers who are created they items handmades with a lot of patience & love.

lauram221
12/10/17

I love that you can find almost anything here. Hand made products are beautiful! I have never been disappointed and everyone has loved the gifts I have given them that I bought here! That's saying a lot when you're teenager is excited about your gift!

sylvied6
11/27/17

June she's the one to send an email for any coloring books you desire and she will do more then Her best to found that book and even if you are to canada and it's right no shipping to canada she will do Her possible to do the shipping.

deborahs114
11/27/17

Etsy only charges .20 cents per listing and a low percentage of sales. Simply the best deal around. This company supports the small business owner and encourages reuse/recycle of goods. I sell on a lot of different venues but Etsy is my top choice.

shontelb
11/27/17

Hi I bought a couple things from Etsy. A personalized mug and key from the kids for my love for fathers day. They are amazing! I had minor questions and concern about the product and they were extremely helpful. They made sure that understood everything. I also had to change something at the last minute and they were ok with it. My products arrived on time and my kids were so excited.. They did really good. And I would recommend to anyone for their personalized needs. In fact I'm ordering from them again now for Christmas. They do excellent work.
Shon

arleneb29
11/18/17

I bought 2 Keepsake Urns from Mayra Stoneware Design..They are outstanding. The workmanship is absolutely fantasic and the service I received from Mayra was excellent. I would recommend her work to anyone looking for such items.
Arlene B

tarao10
11/12/17

Reviewing a site like this is difficult - unless you've ever had a major issue with a particular seller on Etsy or actually sold on the site, you're likely to never have a reason to interact with the people of Etsy itself.
I've created and managed three shops on Etsy for a few, shall we say, not-so-internet-savvy older folks who wanted to get their crafts out into the world. Listing and editing is super easy with the site and if you ever have any questions or problems, Etsy customer service is amazing and generally pretty fast with a response.

Obviously the site cannot be held responsible for the actions (or inactions) of the very few bad eggs there are that you might experience as a frequent buyer. But they really are few-and-far in between since Etsy takes quick action on any reports that are made.

jamiem139
10/30/17

Love Etsy! If I need something personalized for any occasion, I can come here! Prices vary depending on the seller but it's generally good! Highly recommend this web site. If you run your own business (not direct sales), then you need to Register with Etsy!

Tip for consumers: This website is for buyers and sellers. If you make clothing, vinyl, jewelry, anything goes!

poppieg
10/23/17

I've recently started a pin shop on Etsy as I wanted some extra cash for my college fund. So far I'm very impressed! I've had 15 sales so far and have made a few extra bucks I wouldn't have had. I highly recommend this site :)

marilyny4
10/22/17

I love etsy as you can buy things that are handmade and you can't find elsewhere. I have 2 shops on etsy and I am very happy with the website. I have also ordered a few times from other sellers and always have been very happy. Etsy's customer service used to be quite slow but now they are quite fast and helpful.
There are things that need improvement though but they are working on it.

lauraettee
10/21/17

I purchased a watch band for Apple watch. Very well made, nice leather, and the ends fit precisely to the watch
.. unlike many dealers selling Apple watch. It took about a week to arrive which was also excellent and efficient! Lauraette Evans

andrewj112
10/11/17

I have ordered several items...decals for my car and my fiancees car. I had Just received my Superman window decal. I have had no problem and i had received my orders withing 3-4 days depending on where it was coming from. The customer service was excellent. Thanks Etsy. I will recommend them to folks....oh wait....i already have done tht.

danah64
10/9/17

Received a second bird from this artist ... birds are delicate and very lifelike. I bought a pure white one and a blue jay. They are sitting on a lampshade and at Christmas, the white one sits on my tree (I bought the white one at a sale before this artist opened on Etsy). Love them! You can be sure that this seller will deliver as promised.

donnad118
9/26/17

I ordered two initial prints as wedding gifts from Knot&Nest. Before placing the order, Becca took the time to show me what the prints would look like using two different date formats. I ordered them on the 20th of June and they arrived on the 24th. The burlap was of very nice quality with some stiffness for easy framing. I framed them myself purchasing frames that were matted with an 8 x 10 opening. Love this product and will be purchasing again. Thank you Knot&Nest!

paulel1
9/22/17

i have ordered items for my wedding includings my dress i received them well before the time frame on time quicker than i expected. i bot my dress from LoveTheBride shop the shop owner is tasha mertene based in Lavia very good quality my dress was done in less than 3 weeks very happy with the finish.
i didnt have to return any of them.
other etsy vendor i would recommend
my wedding jewellries from https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/LILYINWHITE
ring holder https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/talkingloves
cake topper https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/caketoppersshop667
wedding bag from https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/AlohaCreativeShop

cassiem18
9/11/17

I could seriously spend hours browsing all the cool handmade and vintage items on Etsy. I can't speak from the seller's perspective, but as a buyer, your experience all depends on whether you order from an honest and professional seller. So far, I've only had one bad experience, which involved an unresponsive seller and an undelivered item. I opened a case, and Etsy's customer service gave me a full refund within a week.

jarahs
9/6/17

LOVE this site. Used it for my wedding, for the birth/nursery of my first child, and for gift giving. Never have I been dissatisfied :)

jillw50
9/5/17

Amazing book of Poetry and Prose. Looking forward to the next edition. ##BBF Melody Lee. Her words/thoughts are amazing and inspiring

leighb41
8/28/17

Candlebrate is a great little candle shop with these cute little candles for birthday cakes. They have leggo, pac-man, spiderman, star wars, etc. And the prices are crazy low! They also have candles in jars/tins, but if you have a theme birthday party coming up, you should check them out.

sharryh
7/31/17

I found the site growing everyday. lots of great buys on vintage clothing. Love Carrie Ann's style sense!! My purchase went through easily and quickly. Thank-you to bowandarrowco!!

rachelp65
7/31/17

This is the same concept as any site. Make sure you check the seller before you buy. I have been buying scrapbooking things from this site and it has nothing but great.

yvonnem53
6/17/17

I ordered engraved pocket watches for my son's wedding. He will be keeping one and giving the others to his stepsons. I am so pleased with the workmanship, as well as, the price. They will make perfect keepsakes for all three gentlemen. They were completed and shipped very quickly. Thank you for excellent work!

huldad
6/13/17

they are too cool and nice and you can always find something on the website and the sellers are really nice and just so cool stuff the have. I Love it and shop a lot with them. thanks

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You don't. You can check feedback and hopefully it will be honest, not a fake review. personally, after what etsy did to me as a seller, I would NEVER shop there again! If they treat the seller like $#*!, they won't be nuch better for a buyer who has a problem. Frankly, they have become all about the money and don't give a fig about buyers or sellers! Its a shame, they used to be a good company. Guess going bigger wasn't better for them....but they have to pay for that new bldg in NYC somehow I guess.

By Bre g.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?