Review of EthanAllen

Tel: 888.324.3571
orders@ethanallen.com

sallyr43
11/30/18

I've purchased many quality pieces from Ethan Allen. For the most part they are crafted well. I have a couple drawers that don't line up perfectly. But you have to stare at them to tell. I really notice it when I open and close them, but aside from that Im pretty pleased. My only other issue with them is trying to customize something. You are very limited to what you can order with each piece. Each piece only comes in a few finishes. For example, when I was purchasing my bedroom pieces I wanted the chest and night tables to match, but this was not possible. They had different finishes for each piece so I had to select the closest I could. I ended up getting a finish on the night tables that was close to the chest, but also a little distressed. It looked more distressed when I received them than the sample I was shown also. As well. I wasn't able to get matching hardware. I even offered to pay extra. I was told that I would have to purchase my own hardware and install it if I wanted it to match. So while I do like my Ethan Allen furniture I have gone somewhere else to furnish my next room. But I still recommend Ethan Allen. They have beautiful fabrics and nice furniture. Be sure to get the furniture that is made here in the USA. I believe they now have other furnishings that are made elsewhere like China and Vietnam.

dianab109
2/10/18

I have purchased some Ethan Allen pieces throughout the years, a decorative armoire, an ottoman, windsor chairs etc. The armoire and windsor chairs were made outstandingly well. These were purchased 20 years ago as was the ottoman. I would give the chairs and armoire 4 stars and the ottoman covered in leather a 2 star. The leather cracked easily on the ottoman. I do think their furniture was made better 20 years ago. Everything now is pretty much made out of the country. I did look at their rugs but they were pricey (New Zealand wool) compared to what I found on the internet or at Karastan sales. They do have a unique selection. I also inherited a small side table with drawers in cherry or mahogany, a small fabric covered loveseat, cherry dining room table and chairs and some framed art. They were purchased by my parents in the 70s. They have all held up very well but they were probably manufactured in the US. Ethan Allen was a different company then. The company has been sold since the 70s.

maryh62
4/16/17

If you have unlimited income, you will love this store. The quality is incredible. However, the prices are sky-high. I have an Ethan Allen maple dining room set that is fantastic. The table has two leaves to adjust the length, along with table pads. I have had it over 20 years and it is as sturdy and beautiful as the day I bought it, both the table and the chairs. This will likely be passed down to the next generation or even two; it is that good. But at today's prices, I am unlikely to purchase much more; it is beyond my reach. Their designers are superior. My suggestion is to go into the showroom and look for what you like and get ideas. Then shop elsewhere and find something similar at a more affordable price.

Questions? Get answers from the EthanAllen staff and other customers.

EthanAllen?