Review of Envato.com

Tel: +61-38-3766284
themes@envato.com

joef282
2/10/19

I usually don't write reviews but this one pissed me off and they have the ability to do something about it and they are not. Do NOT subscribe to Envato subscription. It only gives you access to a very small fraction of the actual material you see on their regular website. After paying their subscription fee, I then discovered this huge limitation, tried contacting their help department several times but with no return response. They apparently don't believe in refunding anything even if it's due to the huge lack of information on their part as to what you're actually getting with their subscription. Plus, you have to register every download to a specific project, so you don't get to keep the download for future use. Once you've stopped subscribing, you're done with everything they have to offer. None of this is explained until after you subscribe and the limitations are huge! Also, 0 stars for effort on the part of their customer care department for even reaching out to me to help explain or try to resolve anything! I even asked if they could refund my money so that I could go on paying full price for individual downloads and I still haven't heard back. But their lack of attention and false advertisement is going to cost them a lot more money based upon this review than it would've have been if they had just refunded my $200. Oh well, there's plenty of other great websites that won't jerk you around that have a bunch of solid material. No need to use Envato.

ginam79
11/22/18

I purchased a theme from Envato hoping that it would speedup the process of building my website. When I installed I realised within minutes that it was not right for me. I am sure that the theme authors do a great job but it just did not fit my needs (at that point I had learned a lot on my own and had created a great website using a free theme).
I asked for a refund within the hour of purchase because I would have had to scrap all my existing work and start from scratch by using the theme. I asked for a refund from the author and he declined, I asked Envato for a refund and they declined. I was surprised because I know my Consumer Rights.
They said that I had to show that I had tried to use the theme and submit screenshots of it not working. Well I am too busy trying to build my website to show how it is not working - I simply did not want to scrap all my work and try to modify someone else's work.
When I mentioned my right to cancel, they offered me a refund in the form of credit to my account so I could buy more Envato stuff. That is not a refund! I am shocked that in this day and age, I can return a lamp or a sofa if I changed my mind but this company is making it so hard to get a refund for a theme that does not fit my needs. Especially with web technology, it is very hard to know if it fits or not until you test it. I found Envato to be very unprofessional - am deleting my account and advice buyer caution as they do not cough up the cash easily.

Tip for consumers: Be very very careful. They do not issue any returns easily.

kj249
12/19/17

I've worked with two WordPress themes from Envato. They accept and sell templates that are not written to any standard and are a nightmare to work with. Further, one of the templates now is a platform for phishing from my client's site. With this particular template I noticed new advertising in the theme that came out of no where. I believe the author of this site built in some illegal stuff to take place after several months of the site being online. Further, there is no support whatsoever. This is the worst experience I have ever had with templates and I've been doing this for over ten years. In the future if I or one of my clients wants to purchase a template or plugin or whatever, I will recommend Template Monster. Further, I will never work on a template from Envato under any circumstances again. They just want the money and then they are gone. The worst experience ever.

Questions? Get answers from the Envato.com staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Envato.com