Review of DuckDuckGo

19301
yegg@duckduckgo.com

larrys441
3/23/19

I clicked on the 1st website at the top of the search results then I clicked on a link in the website and I got a message that all the files on my computer were locked; I could only delete the message by hitting ctrl alt Delete and then ending chrome. The search was for "When was the last time Ruth Bader Ginsburg was seen". The 1st website at the top of the search results was jowforums.com/thread/200806306/politics/when-was-the-last-time-ruth-bader-ginsburg-was.html
Norton safe search works with google.com, Norton safe search doesn't work with duckduckgo.com
When was the last time Ruth Bader Ginsburg was seen ... Search domain jowforums.com/thread/200806306/politics/when-was-the-last-time-ruth-bader-ginsburg-was.htmlhttps://jowforums.com/thread/200806306/politics/when-was-the-last-time-ruth-bader-ginsburg-was.html When was the last time Ruth Bader Ginsburg was seen?

jakerr
3/22/19

One of the worst search engines for searching...doesn't know Queen's English, so it's worthless outside America. And seeing it's American it's as thick as present "President".

I have been kind giving it one star, very kind & very covfefe.

drg56
3/11/19

01 at best they said they weren't tracking bull$#*!
Sssssssssssdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

webp3
2/12/19

What is the difference between Bing and DDG?
They both filter out most of the independent views
and websites that ARE not mainstream.

They will soon be bought & paid for.

Read the story of Randolph Hearst and learn what
happens when you don't sell to the 'Big dogs'.

They will get eaten alive.

lead17
1/31/19

Although it appears I am using the duckduckgo web site on my local computer, I can still see the previous users Facebook account still logged in. In addition, the game I play Farmerama.com has several names of previous uses on the account, and these did not even sign in on the same day. The library used to delete this information on a daily basis, but now using Duckduckgo, they don't seem to be doing so. The Duckduckgo site comes up when you put a Chrome icon, and the library is using duckduckgo as the default. If you have a contract with Chrome, something regarding privacy isn't right. I don't know why you would trust a Google browser anyway, since you have things written by your executives saying they are not trustworthy when it comes to privacy. I can't send you a like because the library won't allow me to save screen shot, or any other file to the computer. The library is the Alexandria, LA 71301.

When I submitted a complaint it sent my complaint to a totally unrelated web site. I sent them the following message.

The duckduckgo sent me to this site because I had previously clicked on something about Quora and duckduckgo. It redirected the email to that site. Duckduckgo says they are easy to contact, but apparently not so.

geralds147
1/31/19

Hi. 3G 4G issues on Chrome and Safari with my iphone. No internet access it says.Problem solved. Use DuckDuckGo. The only browser that seems to be able to make things actually work on wife or data. Well done DuckDuckGo. Thanks for a great browser, that also seems to give privacy if that is important to you. I shoud add that I use Vodacom, and realize that that may have something to do with my experience.

kennethc218
1/13/19

Tried it. Loved it. The search results are organic. I'm a responsible person and I can take responsibility for filtering the truth myself. I just need the best matches to my searches so I can make an honest assessment of the information. Love that DDG gives me that option. Such a timesaver.

bobd287
1/12/19

Firstly, Duckduckgo has no advanced search, which is annoying. When you try to highlight an image, it highlights all of them. Duckduckgo has no other services, like emailing on gmail, looking up where to go on maps or having a profile on G+. On google it's all connected, so when you use duckduckgo you need a seperate thing for everything. Google has just so many tiny things and easter eggs that duckduckgo just doesn't have the experience to add. In duckduckgo's advertisements, it says bad things about google when google really is the experienced one. It's a good principle but the product does not work. Also, have you ever heard of INCOGNITO MODE?

assf1
12/28/18

It great for privacy but completely stupid when it comes to the search engine I seen a group of monkey's do a better job

pissedo97
12/1/18

Incorrect time for steelers game wont even give acc championship game dish channel $#*!ing garbage cant even complain to ddg customer service without 30 min bs forms

dilbertf
11/22/18

Nothing is perfect, but DDG is cleaner and quicker. All the drama over search? Get over it people. You don't wanna use, then don't.

deplorabek
9/26/18

why am i not surprised? not as obvious as google, bing or apple but i noticed right away, my search results are being controlled, im FORCED yet again to scroll through at least 4 pages of MSM before finding anything worth reading

johns1258
9/26/18

Sometimes results are good and sometimes not even close. Any site needs revenue to survive and since users are not paying for DuckDuckGo I am sure its receiving revenue from somewhere. So do not confuse privacy benefits from target results that benefit DuckDuckGo supporters. Yeah I get that DDG does not keep your personal data but it has to receive some data to give any sort of accurate results. Google searches are probably not very focused on privacy but if you do not use a Google account its not logging your results in any specific identifying way. For me its all about good results and DDG is still hit or miss for me.

vincec53
9/13/18

Went to try out DuckDuckGo and on my very 1st practice test search it gave me results for a trojen website. The kind that locks up your browser and tries to hold you hostage. That's enough for me... too dangerous. I guess google filters these sites out because I just don't have those problems when I use it.

peteb77
9/2/18

Used duckduckgo since its inception.
Compared to MS , Google it has many advantages.
Worked with technology for 40 years and know the marketing meetings, large corporates undertake to hook the public.

For example before 3G worked all attention was made to ensure smart phones would be addictave....because mobile coverage was already saturated. The IT world is the most irresponsible and conceited one you will encounter.So every individual has to ensure they are not conned.

mh252
7/6/18

Good luck finding any products other than what is offered by Amazon. Seriously frustrating. When searching for a specific product, 100% of the results are Amazon links. When I type -amazon at the end of the search, there are NO "product" results. I highly suspect DDG is owned or otherwise affiliated with Amazon - and anyone who thinks Amazon isn't going to track users (and subsequently LIE about it across the board.....) think again.

daniels616
6/23/18

As a person who spends the greater part of his workday conducting online research via search engines, I have tracked Duckduckgo's journey from an okay search engine to the top publicly available search engine. The minimal paid placements and the absence of bias allows me to find the exact information I am looking for without having to scroll to the second or third page - which is currently the case with Google. I do not have the technical knowledge to vouch for the validity of the no-tracking claim, but the simplicity of getting to the information I need without being spoon-fed useless information makes Duckduckgo my search engine of choice.

carols412
5/27/18

NO search engine can keep you from being tracked Duck might not track but every site you hit does track. Still need to be aware. We can't blame duck for our lack of planned and active protection

robertoi3
5/26/18

DuckDuckGo is a good website to go on. It's a good website to use if you are a school student with a Chromebook with restrictions on it. However, not all videos from YouTube will be shown.

sandyc129
5/17/18

Have been using Duck Duck Go instead of google for a while now. The problem is I still get google pop up ads all the time? Anyway to stop this? Need help!

misterp
2/23/18

I have used this service for some years now. It is the only company that I would give top marks. More recently I found that they have an onion address which I now use. So this makes them even better. The searches always bring relevant results. Its always difficult to write lots about a company that is good.

[EDIT]

I have noticed of late, that their search engine in displaying results is not working properly. When one place a '-' in front of a word then one does not want to see that word in the results. What is happening instead is that one gets every search result with that word; this is an error, and its a general error.

nicoleb213
2/10/18

There are many good reviews from members of both sexes. The vast majority of the single star reviews were written by men, maybe all because some reviewers have initials instead of a first name, and many using trucker language. I am just starting so don't have a review one side or other, but it's worth a try if the trailing ends.

billp125
2/9/18

I have been using Duckduckgo for years now NEVER had a problem of any kind and my searches never show up on Amazon, Google or anywhere else. My experience with most people are they want to blame others for their mistakes the frequent hacker sites, and lowlife sites pick up malware and viruses then say they got it from Duckduckgo and are now being tracked. Even basic computer knowledge can set it up so if you can't that is not someone else fault. Chrome and Explorer are are not good choices if you want privacy in my opinion. Chrome is Google and they track everything. Explorer is just a hackers dream come true. IMHO! So if you have a problem with privacy when using DuckDuckGo look to the habits you have. Or if you need to do some serious cleanup on you computer and browsing habits. AND always use a good AV! The internet is not a safe place to play and gets worse every day.

nickh130
2/9/18

I recently made the switch and couldn't be happier. Results which are removed from Google because of copyright are usually still available on DuckDuckGo

petert146
2/6/18

Browsing is fine but where is my history? Before the 'upgrade' I could access my 'recents' for a quick connection. They were easy to delete. Now I have to input the full search enquiry-a real time waster

13 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used it when I was on Vista OS it was simple to install with no hidden folders/files left on my system. Have no used it yet with windows 10. You want no popups go to the settings for yr browser itself.

By Thomas I.

If you have foxfire refresh it. go to their sup[port sections and type in refresh and then go thru all of the foxfire settings. As for Google make sure you check all of yr privacy settings. and double check yr addons in both foxfire and google

By Thomas I.

I found the site very lacking in it's responses in comparison to Goggle and no longer use it. Even Yahoo is better.

By Joe C.

I am considering a download of DuckDuckGo but have read one comment that says once downloaded it cannot be removed. Is this true? How is this program deleted if it is not as portrayed?

By Carol S.

use the help feature in the program you want to change it in. it will explain how to change your personal choice for search engine.

By Bill P.

yes you can have several search engines but one will be designated as a default Add a search engine Many websites offer search engines that you can add to your Firefox Search bar. This allows you to search that specific website directly from your Search bar. To add the site-specific engine, visit the website for your desired search engine. (We'll use youtube.com as an example.) Click the magnifying glass on the Search bar on your toolbar addsearch

By Thomas I.

get rid of yahoo all together. do a complete check of all programs install on yr PC, Check for any files on yr computer that you don;t recognize and be careful what you delete. Last check all of yr setting especially privacy setting and don't trust just any add on.

By Thomas I.

Just install Firefox and set DuckDuckGo.com as default browser, I wound not use anything with Google if I was you

By re Z.

Not being more advanced than you, I suggest the standard advice which is to temporarily disable the app Avast. The Avast FAQ and forum might have an insight.

By Echosyn E.

Questions? Get answers from the DuckDuckGo staff and other customers.

DuckDuckGo?