Review of DressDo.co.uk

DressDo.co.uk reviews

aluar
2/20/17

Spent almost £300 on two dresses for a wedding that arrived late and 4 sizes each too small and incredibly cheap and tacky looking!! Spent months exchanging emails with a person named 'Coco', sending pictures of the faulty items yet no refund given. I contacted my bank to try and get a chargeback but they told me I was unable to as the time period to do so had passed. Since then, the China based company have stopped responding to my emails. They will basically keep you in an email exchange until they know your ability to get a bank chargeback has been lost. My advise: STAY WELL AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS! If you have already received your undoubtedly faulty and cheap-looking item, please, please call your bank and get a refund via a chargeback immediately! Do not bother exchanging emails with www.dressesdo.co.uk as they will deliberately try to delay you getting the chargeback by false promises of a minimal partial refund which you will never see. Just go ahead and get the chargeback right away. They are total fraudsters! Totally frustrated at the time i have wasted writing them emails and having lost £300!

UPDATE: The last email i got was 'Coco' telling me the company no longer exists and therefore any refund is no longer possible. She also "hoped I understand"(!)...URGH!!!

joannac21
1/22/17

Easily the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Bought 3 bridesmaids dresses and all 3 came 4 sizes smaller than what I ordered. Material was very poor. Stiching was a joke all 3 looked different even though they where supposed to be the same. Most stressful part of my wedding was trying to get my money back in return for these. I had no chance. Nor will you. .STAY AWAY. SCAMMERS!!

solmazr
7/26/16

AVOID, AVOID, and AVOID Dressdo! they are total scammers, dresses are total disaster and look nothing like the pictures.I have lost a lot of money on one dress which they would not refund the money for! they are obviously cheap scammers wit no tailoring skills!

I even cancelled one dress before it was made and yet hey did not refund my money for that one either.

They don't even deserve 1 star review

evelynk8
4/17/16

AVOID DRESSDO! They made us pay for a replacement dress cos the first one was the wrong size. Then the one they sent was the wrong colour (supposed to match another bridesmaids dress they made) and wouldnt replace or give refund. Now too late for our wedding so we had to get 2 more quickly at huge expense. Avoid Dressdo at all costs!!!!!! Please, for your own sake!!!

electraj
4/7/16

Worst company I've ever dealt with. Ordered a blue dress and sent them my measurements. Received a black dress that didn't fit. Also it is very badly made, the stitching is caught and the material is cheap and nasty. Tried to return it and they won't even provide me with their address, asked for a refun they offered £20 'for little colour troubles'. Infuriating. Please avoid at all costs.

colettem5
3/4/16

We bought 4 bridesmaids dress 2 size12 & 2 size 14 more like sizes 8 and 1. Mother of bride dress size 12 also more like size 8. Dresses posted from Taiwan. Are they using American sizes over there. Also customer service in uk were hopeless. Dressdo never again

jodiel17
2/23/16

I ordered dresses back in early January and have not received my goods I have looked into it and no one else have received the goods if they do turn up they are no good I have had stress I have literally got weeks to find five new bridesmaids dresses they are a Chinese based company who do you not look good and no refund at all they are rude and do not respond to any emails

lesleyk7
2/5/16

I ordered a Prom dress in January for my daughter, I was hesitant to do this as the reviews I have read have been negative, however the dress was first class, exactly like the picture, great fit and very well made, I would recommend this company

margaretm95
1/8/16

The website show,s beautiful dresses, I've just paid 206.82 for a long evening dress for my son,s wedding, it looks cheap and nasty, I could never wear a dress that looks like this, I would not recommend anyone buying from this seller, I can't get my money back because it was made to fit, which it doesn't fit may I add, don't be fooled by the pictures like I was, it really is badly made like it's just come out of a Christmas cracker.

sharonw64
1/8/16

I had a dress made by this company. They made the wrong size, and will not replace the dress or refund my money. I would advice to keep well clear. Never dealt with a company as bad as this. I have been trying to get my money back ( £100 . 00 ) for 3 months and they have no intention of refunding or replacing, even though they admitted the mistake was their fault. ( They made the dress in the wrong size and is of no use to me). It makes me so cross that these companies get away with "ripping people off" and get away with it. STEER WELL CLEAR!

lilyb15
12/30/15

Two month ago,i bought a evening dress for my party in last week,and i set the wrong size. But the site's customer service reminder timely to help me make the right adjustments,and I got my package a week ahead.Last week,my friends said the dress were very fit for me, it looked very significant figure,thank u so much!!

mumujiangi
12/30/15

I, hesitantly, ordered a dress for my daughters wedding with less than a month to go. I really didn't expect much but thought I would take a chance because I couldn't find anything I liked it fir locally. It arrived in a little over 1 week and fit perfectly! I love it and is well made as well!!!

jessicab116
12/15/15

I love this dress! This is the first time I ordered from this site and was very pleased. The dress is exactly as pictured and it arrived professionally packaged and faster than I expected. The dress is elegant and stunning.Thank you DressDo.co.uk

reneel16
12/15/15

This was the first time to buy a dress from DressDo, but I was fully satisfied with the dress. The lace on the top part caught my attention. It was made just as the pictures show. I really love the dress!!!!

lilyl33
12/15/15

I absolutely love the clothes I received from dressdo. I have read bad reviews regarding the size difference but if you read the size chart they will fit perfect. I have had a great experience with this company and can't wait to order more items.

jennyt24
12/14/15

This gown is stunning and of excellent quality .I want to thank you for a very beautifull dress it is much nicer than the photo i really like it thank you very much! Can not wait for my big day!The quality is good and never looks cheap,the workmanship is perfect!Really impressed!Lots of thanks and appreciation.

elsal3
12/14/15

This colorful boucle dress really flatters me nice figure.It is really attractive.I will continue to support dressdo in the future.

lorettam5
12/12/15

The dress I ordered was not the dress I received. Far from it. The material is totally different. Instead of a fine beaded elegant material the dress delivered was made of the cheapest synthetic lace which was stiff as cardboard and thrown over an appallingly made underskirt. There was no beading, just cheap sequins sewn on with stitches two inches long and all visible through the lace. The lace was roughly cut and not finished off leaving raw edges round the neckline. The seams were terrible, the lining hung below the top dress and the entire garment was so poorly stitched that it was puckered and lop sided. The company will not refund my money and asked me to sell the dress or give it to someone. They are fraudsters and I wish I had seen these reviews before I put my order in. I will not let this drop. This is fraud.

shalav
12/11/15

Please don't use this site. The dresses look nothing like they do on the website and will only cause you a lot of stress.Ordered my formal dress-custom made from dressdo.co.uk, received the dress completely different than pictured, not made as per my measurements - it is too small! Everything about this dress is wrong, sleeves are different length, one side is more loose than another, incorrect measurements - it is a very poorly made dress. Customer service not very helpful, offered £40 compensation (I paid £117), they also told me that i can give the dress to someone.
Definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone. Avoid them please. Just i copied their last email that i had from them.
it's a joke!

Dear customer,

If you don't like the dress, could you sell it on the internet to get some money back? we can also refund you 40 pounds as compensation.

Best regards,
Christine
Customer Service Team
*****@dressdo.co.uk

sandraa44
12/9/15

I ordered a dress for my sons wedding from this site it arrived the wrong size have been in all sorts of wrangles and they will not provide a refund under no circumstances use them the worst service I have ever had

dianem52
12/8/15

Such a bad company ripping an elderly lady off as well as all customers below, they should be ashamed to call themselves a business, with my Mum they did admit the size was wrong after severval photographic evidence but still wont refund,
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!!!

martinaj3
11/30/15

People are amazed that this dress did not cost thousands of dollars. It is stunning, well made and fit me like a glove (my measurements fit the size 12 chart). I only needed to get it hemmed. It arrived exactly one month after ordering it. We went to Italy for a destination wedding. After traveling so long, the dress only required steaming on the sleeves and hem. The lace and pearl detail are exquisite. In the picture is also a LITB veil, which we added more pearls to and rhinestones. If you want an alternative to strapless, but still want to look feminine, this is the dress!! Thank you so much,

lillys4
11/29/15

Just received my wedding dress, well where to start...completely different than pictured, not made as per my measurements so it is too small. Everything about this dress is wrong, sleeves are different length, one side is more loose than another, it is a poorly made dress!
Support office not very helpful, offered £20 compensation (I paid £170), it's a joke!
Definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone. Avoid them please.

anaz4
11/24/15

several days ago,according to my relatives,i suddenly noticed this website.In accordance with the reviews on the website,i bought a dress from their dresses.
now,i had received the dress,which was really a enjoyable experience,all of my friends were shocked by the high quality and well-made designs
thanks with sincere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michelleg73
11/23/15

Worst company I've dealt with. They don't admit they had made an error and will fob you off constantly with pigeon Engligh emails. I'm £103 down with a dress that may only fit someone of 4ft something. They expected me to get the dress altered and that they would reimburse me instead of just sending the dress back and refunding me. The likely hood of getting anything back from thin non U.K based company is zero. My advice is stay well clear.

All I can say is what a bunch of scammers.. I am in a dispute with them through my bank who are going to recover my funds from them . Never ever ever again !! . This experience with them has made me sick to the stomach. They should be reported for fraud and closed down . End of !!

By Dionne W.

China - avoid at all costs, you will be disappointed!

By Julie F.

I have the same problem! they are Such a terrible and unreliable company ripping me off as well as my daughter and a friend of mine. Definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone. Avoid them please.

By shala v.

I went through my credit card for a refund. Not heard back from barclaycard as to what happened but whe dreesdo received the chargeback request they sent me an email asking me to cancel it and they would give me an address to return the dress and then refund. NO WAY! wouldn't believe a word they say! Original emails they sent after ignoring me for several told me that i had to keep it as it was custom made and they had to pay the people that made it and they would give me a discount on my next order. My daughters dress wasn't huge on the top even though i sent custom measurements but would have fit as it was a corset back but it wouldn't have stayed up very well as the boning wasn't very strong and the elastic in the bra strap they fitted to the back was useless! Good luck, go through your bank!

By Michelle B.

Please dont lesson to the anyone, DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM dressdo.co.uk!!!!!! They obviously write their own reviews to try to override genuine reviews. My message is DO NOT BUY, they will con you. You will receive a bad copy of the photo, poorly made, cheap material and they will not refund you.

By shala v.

The company is a con! If you do receive you are likely to be very disappointed and if it doesn't fit, they will blame you for making errors when ordering. The actual dress looks nothing like the photo! I foolishly thought it was a UK company as they con you to think they are. I'm surprised that Trading Standards have not yet stepped in. I learned the hard way, lost money, disappointed teenager etc I will never knowingly buy from China and certainly would never order this type of item online. Let's face it, they are not cheap! The owners of this company must be rubbing their hands with glee every time an order request arrives!

By Julie F.

they will not give you a penny!! No matter how many times you send them complain email or pictures of default dress. Their answer is the same ( they say' keep it or sell it) . call you bank for dispute transaction.

By shala v.

maybe you have some misunderstanding with them,contact would make things better

By martina j.

We received the dress but is too small, they took ages to come back to me and then kept saying they 'understood our disappointment' and then asking me to send the sizes implying that it was my error. They have now told me to take it to a 'local tailor' as they left extra material should it need changing!! What a joke, they have offered me £15 compensation for a £90 dress. Seriously bad customer service. Avoid this scam, I hope you get the dress but even if you do.. I hope it fits (btw it will look nothing like the photo either!!) The .co.uk website is misleading, I would never order anything from China knowingly - you only find out when you pay!

By Julie F.

Questions? Get answers from the DressDo.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for DressDo.co.uk