Donors Choose

Donors Choose has a consumer rating of 4.5 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Donors Choose ranks 16th among Charity sites.

How would you rate Donors Choose?

“I really love this concept and I wish more people would...”

Angela H.
4/24/13

I really love this concept and I wish more people would check donors choose before $#*!ing on facebook.

angelah19
April 24th, 2013
michelled769
August 24th, 2020
First, their fees have increased to roughly 1/3 of the total cost of every school list. Second, they remove "fulfilled lists" from donor's baskets while the donor is adding other school lists to that basket; but then add a different school list with a similar name and price range to the cart, so the total doesn't significantly change. They don't disclose on the site that they do that. And the method and colors used are underhanded, deliberate and deceitful; and are designed so the donor won't notice. The one time out of three I did see what they'd done was when I double checking a school list at the top of my list. It was only by chance that I happened to notice a small grey notice with light yellow print that briefly appeared in the top left of the pending basket. I immediately removed their selection. Most donors with visual problems or cataracts - (large grey spots in their visual range) - wouldn't notice. I have cataracts and other visual limitations. I've been ripped off two of three times recently by them doing that. The result is THEY CHOOSE, not me – and I never would have picked the lists or locations they did. It would be much more honest and professional just to remove a paid/fulfilled list from the basket. But they want the money. Plus they don't refund money or give a credit balance for disputed charges or donations for teachers who have withdrawn their lists. None of this is fair to the donor, the teacher, or the students. Their customer service is useless, and their financial 'worth' keeps jumping astronomically. Also they claim to be rated by companies who don't list them on their site(s). Now I know how they operate I won't use that site any longer. So students and teachers lose out because of their deceptive, greedy practices.
kristir2
September 29th, 2010
Great site that can help so many people in the world. I love how sites like paramount and others will give donations to this site if you buy something from them. More sites should start using donorschoose.org!
tracyh1
September 29th, 2010
I think this is a really important concept that I wish more people would take seriously and put up on their websites. Many people want to contribute to our schools and this provides an easy way to do so without spending extra money we don't have.

Questions? Get answers from the Donors Choose staff and other customers.

DonorsChoose.org connects teachers in high-need communities with donors who want to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Donors Choose?

Have a question about Donors Choose?