DollarHog

Trustpilot
1.6 / 5
Better Business Bureau
3 / 5

DollarHog has a consumer rating of 2.63 stars from 39 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about DollarHog most frequently mention customer service problems. DollarHog ranks 301st among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%
How would you rate DollarHog?

“Very impressed!”

John N.
12/19/21

Near half the price of a new unit & near new condition, I certainly was impressed! VERY fast Fedex few day shipping to boot! Chamberlain garage door opener so it was like putting together Legos by default. Few tiny core pieces were missing, but can't fault anyone for that & had the liberty of doing some stealing from the outgoing Genie garbage units.

“Broken lamp - no customer service”

Kendra Y.
6/24/21

I ordered a pair of lamps from this company but only one of the lamps work. The other is defective. I emailed and called but never received any calls back. The company is definitely a SCAM. It advertises a 30-day money back guarantee but no one ever responds to inquiries and there is no direction on how to return merchandise for a refund or even for an exchange. This business should be reported to the Better Business Bureau!

kendray14
June 24th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Do not buy anything on DollarHog. My first purchase is defective. I'm afraid to open a second purchase. I have no confidence in this business which clearly has no issue with selling defective merchandise.

Products used:
I bought a pair of lamps but only one works. The company advertises 30-day money-back guarantee but that is not true. There is never an answer to their customer service by phone and by email all you get is an automated response and no one ever gets back to you to inform the customer how to return the items. The business is a complete SCAM!

meganw280
February 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

I purchased and received a drafting-style office chair from Dollarhog.net in January 2021 and when it arrived it appeared unused, but it was broken. I have attempted to contact their service department via email every day since I received the broken item to arrange a return and refund according to their website's 30 day money back guarantee, but no one has responded. I have tried calling their phone number and leaving messages but I have received no response and no one answers the phone. This company is a scam.

Tip for consumers:
This company has no customer service - their return policy is a scam.

johnn1934
December 19th, 2021

VERY fast Fedex few day shipping to boot!

Tip for consumers:
Review the pics best you can & jump in knowing they are doing their best to ensure you get a good quality product at a phenomenal price.

Chamberlain garage door opener

dorothyt332
March 24th, 2021

This company went way beyond what they had to do, they sell used products at great discounts. Their shipping is free and they describe product in great detail. I am happy I found them. God bless you Dollar Hog

kimberlys919
November 2nd, 2020

I purchased an office chair from this company through Amazon. When the chair came it was missing several parts needed to assemble the chair. They charged me 68 dollars for a worthless piece of junk. I would strongly recommend that NO ONE ever use this company. They are running scams to rob people of money for junk!

rhondal255
October 4th, 2021

I ordered an item in aug... got lost in georgia sept. 15th... and dollar hog has done NOTHING to fix issue... so buyers beware,,,, i e mail them twice a day and still no results... they r thieves

brenta97
September 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought a water distiller for which DollarHog claimed all parts were included, only to find three of them missing, and the distiller maker does not sell parts for it. They never replied to emails sent to their support email address, and never called back, after calling customer service and getting a message saying "unavailable, leave a message" and leaving a message.

As others have said, this outrageous scam deserves no stars, because these cold-hearted, conscience-less criminals are getting away with selling unusable items with missing parts and need to be prosecuted and shut down ASAP. As one said, "I would strongly recommend that NO ONE ever use this company. They are running scams to rob people of money for junk!" Beyond that, please report them to the police, the BBB, and the FTC, so that this shameful scam gets shut down.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from this site and warn others to as well.

Products used:
Using? None! Three parts are missing! The product is unusable!

vickit147
July 17th, 2020

No matter what you're browsing for, they probably have it. I can't stay off this site. I found ceiling fans, rug, air fryer. Happy with items.

robinp295
June 8th, 2020

I bought a Eureka cordless vacuum. When recd it absolutely disgusting. There was black mold, NEVER cleaned it. Basically someone returned it dirty and then sent directly to me. When I called and talked to not so friendly Jasmine' she said "oh we don't clean our products' sorry but I could of got a vacuum this dirty out of someone's trash. #wouldneverbyfromthemagain

cc551
April 7th, 2020

So far I've been really pleased with this store. My items were as described and at a great price. You won't find the same deal twice so it makes it fun to shop around!

ginar172
July 13th, 2020

Don't throw your money away on this company they sell trash
You be better off going to a thrift store
Used parts that have been taped with tape residue on them
Missing parts picture below shows glue residue from tape from previous owner
Just trash

antoniav9
October 23rd, 2020

I bought a vanity mirror & it arrived broken. I have tried numerous times to call during their business hours and no answer... ever. I've emailed them about 5 times and no response. I placed a different order & left a message to call me back regarding my return & no response. I really don't think they have a 30 warranty as they claim. I don't know what else to try.

Buyer Beware!
Buy at your own risk.
No 30 day warranty.
And no returns.

Products used:
I purchased five vanity mirrors.
3 were perfect
1 was broken
1 did not meet my expectations
I've been trying to return two with no response from them.

pedroh100
November 15th, 2021

I got a car seat for 60% off. The box was a little rough but it was basically new. Will be back again

Tip for consumers:
They describe condition and take pictures of what you're buying

Car seat

stephenc1180
May 25th, 2021

Bought an item from them that they claimed was new and sealed.
Item came put back into the box upside down with no packing materials.
I reached out to them and they got back to me saying they would give a partial refund and then disappeared never to be heard from again.
They buy returns from major retailers like Walmart and Amazon, if the box looks sealed they sell it without inspecting the contents which was the case with my item.
This is not a company to deal with if you want to get good merchandise and good customer support.

Tip for consumers:
They are sketchy and dishonest.

Victrola Navigator 8 in 1

georgem1159
July 14th, 2020

I'll be checking here first when I'm looking save some money. The descriptions are accurate and they provide photos of the actual item you're purchasing.

marquettam3
August 3rd, 2020

Products are Used or Open Boxed. It's like shopping on eBay you have to read the description carefully. They shipped me the wrong item and I had no problem with Customer Service. Return label was emailed to me and I was refunded as soon as they received the item back. I will definitely buy from them again.

sherryb385
February 16th, 2021

I have called everyday several times a day. The said in the recording they were open 8:30am to 5:00pm. Every time I called the recording said they were closed and to leave a message. Then the recorder said we are sorry but the recorder is full and to call back another time, Good-Bye!
They sent me a Bissell Sweeper I purchased for $49.97. It was supposed to be new- it was dirty and full of someone's pet hair. I will never purchase anything from them again and I suggest you do the same. They are a SCAM and there is NO Customer Service. They should put companies like this out of business!

teslav1
October 24th, 2020

I order this baby swing came in within a week via fed ex, said in description it was in like new condition no scuffs or stains however there were a lot of scuff marks all over the metal bars very noticeable and the baby mirror part where it turns for the motion was extremely scratched up. Overall it was in clean condition no stains on the seats just a bunch of MAJOR scuff marks and damage to the metal bars. Swing works prefectly fine and for 70$ I'm overall pretty happy just wish they wouldn't put in the description there is no overall cosmetic bumps when there were plenty

johnt2004
December 6th, 2020

I had ordered a HP 3830 printer to replace an existing one that was malfunctioning. Two days later after placing the order, I fixed the one that I had. I replied to the order Email asking that they cancel this order. They replied that the printer had been shipped, but they would ask Fedex to return the package. After reading all these nasty reviews, I figured I just been screwed. However, within 3 days the charge was reversed on my credit card. All reply Emails were very professional. This is, without doubt one of the best customer services I have dealt with!

johns8284
March 19th, 2021

As someone who is always looking for a deal I couldn't recommend this enough. Got a great deal on an item I had been wanting and it arrived quickly with the free shipping. Was promptly given order and shipment confirmations.

robertb5838
December 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I order a headset from them which was delivered with a faulty speaker. I contacted support about it and never got a reply. I lost $86 don't waste your money.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use it they don't have customer service

None

lilig12
December 5th, 2020

I bought a pair of rollerblades from this company. They did get here in time, but I wouldn't give them high marks on their packaging. Because they must of just shoved the rollerblades in the box. And left a hole in the box from the brake. And there was small little Allen wrenches that could of fallen out of the hole once the box shifted. But
At least I only paid $25.78 instead of $72

curtiss218
October 8th, 2020

The package i ordered had half of the parts and their customer service department must be imaginary because I've called 20 times and emailed with zero response. Do not order from them

as994
March 10th, 2021

Terrible service product came broken and non functional contacted company assuming the item would be replaced and paid to be shipped back and associate was totally unprofessional and approached customer service like following a what Noh to do manual. WORAT COMPANY AND EXPERIENCE EVER! Do not buy

Tip for consumers:
Terrible service product came broken and non functional contacted company assuming the item would be replaced and paid to be shipped back and associate was totally unprofessional and approached customer service like following a what Noh to do manual. WORST COMPANY AND EXPERIENCE EVER!! Do not buy

Product was not working

andreag415
September 30th, 2021

I'm very happy with my purchase. I was skeptical due to reviews but im glad took the chance. What a steal I got pair chairs that would go for 200! They were only 70dollars! What a steal plus I get the chairs I been looking for. I would purchase again. Plus shipping fast I got item in 4 days!

Chairs

Some product prices seem too-good-to-be-true, but the site is completely legitimate!

By Matt S.