DollarHog

DollarHog has a consumer rating of 2.58 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about DollarHog most frequently mention customer service problems. DollarHog ranks 213th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 30.4%
How would you rate DollarHog?

“Finds are amazing!”

Vicki T.
7/17/20

No matter what you're browsing for, they probably have it. I can't stay off this site. I found ceiling fans, rug, air fryer. Happy with items.

“No customer service and broken, unusable products!”

Megan W.
2/15/21

I purchased and received a drafting-style office chair from Dollarhog.net in January 2021 and when it arrived it appeared unused, but it was broken. I have attempted to contact their service department via email every day since I received the broken item to arrange a return and refund according to their website's 30 day money back guarantee, but no one has responded. I have tried calling their phone number and leaving messages but I have received no response and no one answers the phone. This company is a scam.

meganw280
February 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

Tip for consumers:
This company has no customer service - their return policy is a scam.

kimberlys919
November 2nd, 2020

I purchased an office chair from this company through Amazon. When the chair came it was missing several parts needed to assemble the chair. They charged me 68 dollars for a worthless piece of junk. I would strongly recommend that NO ONE ever use this company. They are running scams to rob people of money for junk!

robinp295
June 8th, 2020

I bought a Eureka cordless vacuum. When recd it absolutely disgusting. There was black mold, NEVER cleaned it. Basically someone returned it dirty and then sent directly to me. When I called and talked to not so friendly Jasmine' she said "oh we don't clean our products' sorry but I could of got a vacuum this dirty out of someone's trash. #wouldneverbyfromthemagain

antoniav9
October 23rd, 2020

I bought a vanity mirror & it arrived broken. I have tried numerous times to call during their business hours and no answer... ever. I've emailed them about 5 times and no response. I placed a different order & left a message to call me back regarding my return & no response. I really don't think they have a 30 warranty as they claim. I don't know what else to try.

Buyer Beware!
Buy at your own risk.
No 30 day warranty.
And no returns.

Products used:
I purchased five vanity mirrors.
3 were perfect
1 was broken
1 did not meet my expectations
I've been trying to return two with no response from them.

ginar172
July 13th, 2020

Don't throw your money away on this company they sell trash
You be better off going to a thrift store
Used parts that have been taped with tape residue on them
Missing parts picture below shows glue residue from tape from previous owner
Just trash

sherryb385
February 16th, 2021

I have called everyday several times a day. The said in the recording they were open 8:30am to 5:00pm. Every time I called the recording said they were closed and to leave a message. Then the recorder said we are sorry but the recorder is full and to call back another time, Good-Bye!
They sent me a Bissell Sweeper I purchased for $49.97. It was supposed to be new- it was dirty and full of someone's pet hair. I will never purchase anything from them again and I suggest you do the same. They are a SCAM and there is NO Customer Service. They should put companies like this out of business!

vickit147
July 17th, 2020

curtiss218
October 8th, 2020

The package i ordered had half of the parts and their customer service department must be imaginary because I've called 20 times and emailed with zero response. Do not order from them

jeanner129
October 19th, 2020

I ordered an open box chair from them for roughly half the Amazon/other price. When it arrived, I checked that every piece was there, as I always do with a discount supplier. All was. Assembled the chair, only to discover the ergonomic back seat adjustment was broken. The back was the LAST part of the assembly, so no way to know before putting it together that wasn't working. Wrote to their customer service... sure... not problem. Put all pieces back in the box and we'll send you a return mail, etc., etc.

BUT once assembled, the chair pneumatic metal bar uniting seat and roller bottom FUSED, or locked in place. It won't come apart. I've now for 2 weeks gone back and forth with them about this, offered to cut the bar and send it back in pieces. CANNOT get a straight answer/guarantee they'll refund. I totally understand that they want it back to be sure I'm not asking for a refund then keeping the chair. But I want the reverse: proof I get a refund even if it's in pieces because that's the only way they're getting back the chair.

They're clearly trying to make me GIVE UP. I'm stubborn, I won't. But this is a BAD company for refunds. Total crap guarantee. Apparently it's only 100% if you can return it intact so they can resell it to some other sucker.

lisar1438
February 19th, 2021

Dollarhog.net is absolutely a scam site. I placed an order and after receiving my tracking number stating it was to be delivered on the 12th, I did not receive the package until the 18th AND when I opened it the product was broken in several places. As I looked further I noticed all the broken pieces weren't even there. So pissed off right now because you CAN NOT get any customer service representative to speak to or return my call. I've called and emailed numerous times with no response. My next phone call is to my credit card company. I 100% WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND DOLLARHOG TO ANYONE.

DO NOT BUY FROM DOLLARHOG.NET EVER

christopherd663
March 17th, 2020

I have a customer service issue due to damaged product shipped and the business is unavailable. Daily contact by email and phone is unanswered for more than a week.

teslav1
October 24th, 2020

I order this baby swing came in within a week via fed ex, said in description it was in like new condition no scuffs or stains however there were a lot of scuff marks all over the metal bars very noticeable and the baby mirror part where it turns for the motion was extremely scratched up. Overall it was in clean condition no stains on the seats just a bunch of MAJOR scuff marks and damage to the metal bars. Swing works prefectly fine and for 70$ I'm overall pretty happy just wish they wouldn't put in the description there is no overall cosmetic bumps when there were plenty

jamesd385
October 29th, 2020

I bought a standing desk converter order #16228. Immediately after placing the order I noticed the shipping address was incorrect. I called and called. I left email after email. Noone got back to me and I got a message from dollarhog with a Fedex tracking # to the wrong address. Twenty seven hrs later I finally get a return email stating
The NR Group, Inc
11:25 AM (2 hours ago)
To me

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us and apologize for the delay. Unfortunately your item has already been dispatched.
You can reach out to FedEx and they should be able to update that address for you. If you require any further assistance, please just let us know.

Warm regards,

Gabrielle

Called Fedex and they notified me dollarhog has restrictions and only the shipper can change the shipping address. Calling dollarhog and emailing. No response. Tracking my item being shipped 500 miles away from =/

bradleyg114
December 11th, 2020

Placed an order and there was an issue with the delivery address... emailed immediately after purchase to rectify... got a response 4 days later saying they would fix it (someone named Jazmine)... never got fixed. Product never arrived.

lilig12
December 5th, 2020

I bought a pair of rollerblades from this company. They did get here in time, but I wouldn't give them high marks on their packaging. Because they must of just shoved the rollerblades in the box. And left a hole in the box from the brake. And there was small little Allen wrenches that could of fallen out of the hole once the box shifted. But
At least I only paid $25.78 instead of $72

eileenm421
October 5th, 2020

With so many reputable companies out there, don't go here!
I ordered a DeskCycle that came broken and unusable in a smashed, open, unreusable carton. Since the carton was not usable to return the broken item, I was told by Jasmine at Dollar Hog, that I should put out the $18.31 for new boxing to FedEx, and Dollar Hog would reimburse me in addition to reimbursing me in full for DeskCycle. They did deposit $18.31 to my charge card but had the audacity to then deduct $18.31 from my full refund. They still owe me $18.31. I cannot believe they gave me what was owed me, and then they took it away. They will not return my calls or emails. This has been going on for 6 weeks. They are a horrible company to work with, besides misrepresenting their products. I certainly would never have bought a product that was broken and unusable. Take it from me, there are a lot of reputable companies out there. No need to start with a bad organization!

karenc1473
October 19th, 2020

The item I purchased was received with the box badly damaged. It was not the shipping company that damaged the box. DollarHog literally made the box fit the item. The corners of the item were exposed... popping through which further damaged the item. When I opened the box, the box in one corner split right open. The item was NOT wrapped in bubble wrap. IT WAS LAYING ON A SHEET OF BUBBLE WRAP! I have requested THREE timers for DollarHog to refund my money, send me a return label AND a box to ship it back. They IGNORED my request for a box and just sent me a return label. I provided 19 photos to show that the box was too small and that the item was further damaged. They wanted to give a whopping $13 credit. NO THANK YOU! Buyer beware... keeping moving and do not purchase from this site.

cc551
April 7th, 2020

So far I've been really pleased with this store. My items were as described and at a great price. You won't find the same deal twice so it makes it fun to shop around!

georgem1159
July 14th, 2020

I'll be checking here first when I'm looking save some money. The descriptions are accurate and they provide photos of the actual item you're purchasing.

marquettam3
August 3rd, 2020

Products are Used or Open Boxed. It's like shopping on eBay you have to read the description carefully. They shipped me the wrong item and I had no problem with Customer Service. Return label was emailed to me and I was refunded as soon as they received the item back. I will definitely buy from them again.

johnt2004
December 6th, 2020

I had ordered a HP 3830 printer to replace an existing one that was malfunctioning. Two days later after placing the order, I fixed the one that I had. I replied to the order Email asking that they cancel this order. They replied that the printer had been shipped, but they would ask Fedex to return the package. After reading all these nasty reviews, I figured I just been screwed. However, within 3 days the charge was reversed on my credit card. All reply Emails were very professional. This is, without doubt one of the best customer services I have dealt with!

jasonp642
March 23rd, 2020

Not sure how they're making any money. It seems that their prices decrease daily. My item arrived quickly and exactly as described.

saraht520
July 23rd, 2020

Do my best to check here when there's something I'm after. Seems like the price keeps dropping till it sells.

matts326
June 30th, 2019

It's an interesting company. They have all sorts of one-off products, some returned or open-box items, that they sell at big discounts. I purchased one pendant light. It was an open-box item, and they had lots of photos to show everything that was in the box, so you could see the condition of the item and whether anything was missing. I received it within 3 days of ordering. Would definitely buy from here again if I found the right product(s)!

Tip for consumers:
The products are legitimate, but be sure to read their descriptions carefully so you know if you are getting a new, used, returned or open-box item. But even those are usually worth it for the discounted prices.

Some product prices seem too-good-to-be-true, but the site is completely legitimate!

By Matt S.