Review of DiscountSLR

DiscountSLR reviews

jeffs761
8/14/19

ordered a canon BG-E20 Battery grip over 3 weeks ago from Discount SLR its a so called UK based company working from the states, guess what my item arrived today and its the wrong item (a cheaper version from another brand, phoned customer service, guess what? ring them back later after 2pm UK time when so one will be able to assist

katyjanes
2/6/19

I bought a GoPro as an early Christmas present for my husband to use on holiday, it was faulty so I informed them whilst we were away and when we arrived back from our trip (and eventually received a returns label) we posted it back. All the way to America, despite the company using a UK number and website address.
A few weeks later I received another GoPro, this too was faulty and wouldn't work for more than 10 minutes without saying "card error". On initial receipt of this return I was told I could have a refund, minutes later I was told the order is now "too old" and they cannot refund or replace, just repair! They also claimed the item isn't faulty!
The thing is, after receiving two faulty items, I don't wish to receive yet another broken product so just want my money back! I never received a working GoPro and don't understand how they can say the order is "too old". It has only taken a while because of posting/constant back and forth emailing etc etc. I still havn't received anything from them for my money and I'm awaiting resolution. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL.

margog16
12/3/18

Only sent half a order Ordered camera and kit, when arrived half missing .then mess u about cannot get sensible responce.stay well clear.

mikew342
Mike W.
7/26/18

Great service, easy payment as PayPal accepted.
Best price available online, just be aware that even though prices are in £'s on website, it's an American site. Ordered item on Thursday and order confirmed by phone, standard delivery estimated 7-12 days. Received order on the Monday, less than 5 working days to deliver for USA.
Wouldn't hesitate to buy off this site again.

carolinet53
Caroline T.
7/21/18

smooth purchase, thanks!

What wonderful customer service from John, it's such a pleasure to speak to someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about his products. We will most definitely recommend discounrslr.co.uk to our friends and family.

immyc
immy C.
7/20/18

happy with everything. the seal on the camera box was broken and I assumed that this was customs checking the camera.

alexanders123
Alexander S.
7/9/18

This was only bought to better myself at photography,only just starting to play with it but looks promising.

sheilaj47
Sheila J.
6/8/18

Good - very quick delivery. As this was ordered as a present for a birthday next Thursday, I haven't examined the contents of the parcel yet but it all seems to be as advertised.

eduardon7
Eduardo N.
5/29/18

Super fast delivery (arrived in just 3 days), items in excellent conditions, great costumer service.

rc187
R C.
5/19/18

why oh why would you create a package without the neccesary adapter to charge the controller??? why????????

philipl90
Philip L.
5/11/18

The whole experience ordering on the website was easy, however I did have to contact the customer services at their request following ordering where I was told that my order had been shipped.
The only downside was that I had to pay a customs import charge when the order finally arrived in the UK as it came from the United States. This was not stated on the website when I ordered or when I spoke to customer services.

malcolmh37
Malcolm H.
5/9/18

Cheapest price wise I have found. Some reviews on line are bit scathing of discountslr. My initial order was understandably cancelled after a security concern with my credit card company. Once I'd confirmed everything with them I phoned discountslr who completed the order. Everything went extremely well.

jeneem
Jenee M.
12/21/17

The delivery was extremely fast. Happy with the product received but would have liked a better description of the product prior to purchase. The kit comprised old and new components which I didn't expect. However, with the price I paid it was still good value.

hansb32
Hans B.
12/11/17

great company , peter was very helpful with my purchase.

please advice next time if you charge my credit card overseas. cost me an extra
95.16 Au$ for international transfer credit card charge. Not happy considering I ordered via NSW phone no: cheers

annettef33
Annette F.
12/3/17

All products were fantastic, price was great. Disappointed that the chargers were US chargers and not AUS.

toddj35
Todd J.
11/27/17

Product arrived in a box that was damaged and open. When opened a piece of black plastic came out of the box but i havent worked out what it is off.
A little disappointed!!!

susanc453
Susan C.
11/26/17

Overall a good experience. Unfortunately there was no manual on how to use the camera and we were of the understanding that the product came from Australia where as it came from USA.

tamaral31
Tamara L.
11/23/17

The detailed specs about the product were great to help me assess the suitability of the product for our needs. Thank you. And the delivery was amazingly quick, thank you DHL.

But the delivery experience was difficult. I entered a shipping address at my local post office but DHL could not deliver there because they can't sign for it. When I was entering shipping information, there was no indication that it could not be sent to a parcel collection point. The when I went to collect it from the DHL pickup point in the petrol station, the young lady was quite confused that my drivers license address was different from the address on the parcel and was reluctant to give me my item. I had to explain to her that I do not live in the post office and there is no point trying to send things to my empty home during the day.

ayanfek
Ayanfe K.
11/18/17

The item came quickly and I was impressed with the quality of it for such cheap price. Especially since it's really tall.

corryg
Corry G.
11/15/17

Brilliant! Easy, quick and the live chat was great. The free shipping is fantastic! Keep up the good work and I will purchase from you again.

christinea89
Christine A.
11/15/17

Quick reply to online questions
Order arrived very quickly - thank you! Only problem was the battery charger is not designed for Australia - therefore we had to buy an entire new charger unit on top of the price paid, plus currency conversion fees for the original order. Hard to see how when a company gives an Australian address and advertises a product for sale in Australian dollars, how we can then be charged that fee. However all said the product arrived quickly. Yet to put the camera to the test but hopefully all will be fine.

mosesk16
Moses K.
11/15/17

Just ordered, waiting to recieve my brand new Nikon D7200 for my 45 day overland African safari! :-)

ricl
Ric L.
11/15/17

The 'monopod' as advertised is actually a selfie pod. Thus with the weight of the camera is unlikely to be able to be used. I think you need to reword the ad to say selfie not mono. I still need a mono or a stable fluid head tripod.

I am a semi retired producer/director. Just found you and the pricing was very good. Will keep you on my books.

ashleighw9
Ashleigh W.
11/12/17

Product arrived although I didn't relise they would not be genuine go pro assesories I also assumed I was buying within Australia judging by the website, although product did arrive and hopefully wont have any dramas with it.

micheleg72
Michele G.
11/11/17

Order came quick, very happy, but it was incomplete. Spoke to Peter in Sydney and he assured the missing items are still on the way. Not very happy about this.

Questions? Get answers from the DiscountSLR staff and other customers.

DiscountSLR?