DiscountSLR

DiscountSLR has a consumer rating of 4.63 stars from 211 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. DiscountSLR also ranks 109th among Camera sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 92.3%
How would you rate DiscountSLR?

“Great service, easy payment as PayPal accepted”

Mike W.
7/26/18

Great service, easy payment as PayPal accepted. Best price available online, just be aware that even though prices are in £'s on website, it's an American site. Ordered item on Thursday and order confirmed by phone, standard delivery estimated 7-12 days. Received order on the Monday, less than 5 working days to deliver for USA. Wouldn't hesitate to buy off this site again.

“Awful. Avoid at all Costs”

Joanne W.
6/2/20

Was bought a camera lens package as a birthday present. Was not compatible with my camera. Ask to return for refund and they rudely replied they don't accept refunds once the packaging box has been opened - even tho I hadn't opened any of the individual items inside the box. To try and recoup some money I tried to sell the whole package and it turned out it was missing lenses and filters which my husband had paid for. Have contacted them again with no response. Looking on trust pilot I'd say I will never get the lenses and filters or any money back. A seriously dodgy company. Avoid at all costs!

mikew342
Mike W.
July 26th, 2018
Verified purchase
Great service, easy payment as PayPal accepted.
Wouldn't hesitate to buy off this site again.
joannew439
June 2nd, 2020
malcolmh37
Malcolm H.
May 9th, 2018
Verified purchase
Cheapest price wise I have found. Some reviews on line are bit scathing of discountslr. My initial order was understandably cancelled after a security concern with my credit card company. Once I'd confirmed everything with them I phoned discountslr who completed the order. Everything went extremely well.
philipl90
Philip L.
May 11th, 2018
Verified purchase
The whole experience ordering on the website was easy, however I did have to contact the customer services at their request following ordering where I was told that my order had been shipped.
The only downside was that I had to pay a customs import charge when the order finally arrived in the UK as it came from the United States. This was not stated on the website when I ordered or when I spoke to customer services.
jeffs761
August 14th, 2019
ordered a canon BG-E20 Battery grip over 3 weeks ago from Discount SLR its a so called UK based company working from the states, guess what my item arrived today and its the wrong item (a cheaper version from another brand, phoned customer service, guess what? ring them back later after 2pm UK time when so one will be able to assist
carolinet53
Caroline T.
July 21st, 2018
smooth purchase, thanks!

What wonderful customer service from John, it's such a pleasure to speak to someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about his products. We will most definitely recommend discounrslr.co.uk to our friends and family.
toddj35
Todd J.
November 27th, 2017
Verified purchase
Product arrived in a box that was damaged and open. When opened a piece of black plastic came out of the box but i havent worked out what it is off.
A little disappointed!!!
rc187
R C.
May 19th, 2018
Verified purchase
why oh why would you create a package without the neccesary adapter to charge the controller??? why????????
christinea89
Christine A.
Verified purchase
Quick reply to online questions
Order arrived very quickly - thank you! Only problem was the battery charger is not designed for Australia - therefore we had to buy an entire new charger unit on top of the price paid, plus currency conversion fees for the original order. Hard to see how when a company gives an Australian address and advertises a product for sale in Australian dollars, how we can then be charged that fee. However all said the product arrived quickly. Yet to put the camera to the test but hopefully all will be fine.
hansb32
Hans B.
December 11th, 2017
Verified purchase
great company , peter was very helpful with my purchase.

please advice next time if you charge my credit card overseas. cost me an extra
95.16 Au$ for international transfer credit card charge. Not happy considering I ordered via NSW phone no: cheers
katyjanes
February 6th, 2019
I bought a GoPro as an early Christmas present for my husband to use on holiday, it was faulty so I informed them whilst we were away and when we arrived back from our trip (and eventually received a returns label) we posted it back. All the way to America, despite the company using a UK number and website address.
A few weeks later I received another GoPro, this too was faulty and wouldn't work for more than 10 minutes without saying "card error". On initial receipt of this return I was told I could have a refund, minutes later I was told the order is now "too old" and they cannot refund or replace, just repair! They also claimed the item isn't faulty!
The thing is, after receiving two faulty items, I don't wish to receive yet another broken product so just want my money back! I never received a working GoPro and don't understand how they can say the order is "too old". It has only taken a while because of posting/constant back and forth emailing etc etc. I still havn't received anything from them for my money and I'm awaiting resolution. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL.
tamaral31
Tamara L.
November 23rd, 2017
Verified purchase
The detailed specs about the product were great to help me assess the suitability of the product for our needs. Thank you. And the delivery was amazingly quick, thank you DHL.

But the delivery experience was difficult. I entered a shipping address at my local post office but DHL could not deliver there because they can't sign for it. When I was entering shipping information, there was no indication that it could not be sent to a parcel collection point. The when I went to collect it from the DHL pickup point in the petrol station, the young lady was quite confused that my drivers license address was different from the address on the parcel and was reluctant to give me my item. I had to explain to her that I do not live in the post office and there is no point trying to send things to my empty home during the day.
margog16
December 3rd, 2018
Only sent half a order Ordered camera and kit, when arrived half missing .then mess u about cannot get sensible responce.stay well clear.
jeneem
Jenee M.
December 21st, 2017
Verified purchase
The delivery was extremely fast. Happy with the product received but would have liked a better description of the product prior to purchase. The kit comprised old and new components which I didn't expect. However, with the price I paid it was still good value.
susanc453
Susan C.
November 26th, 2017
Verified purchase
Overall a good experience. Unfortunately there was no manual on how to use the camera and we were of the understanding that the product came from Australia where as it came from USA.
ayanfek
Ayanfe K.
November 18th, 2017
Verified purchase
The item came quickly and I was impressed with the quality of it for such cheap price. Especially since it's really tall.
alexanders123
Alexander S.
July 9th, 2018
Verified purchase
This was only bought to better myself at photography,only just starting to play with it but looks promising.
mosesk16
Moses K.
Verified purchase
Just ordered, waiting to recieve my brand new Nikon D7200 for my 45 day overland African safari! :-)
heel
Hee L.
November 9th, 2017
Verified purchase
It will be good if you included the invoice in the box.

There is no warranty form for me to fill in. How do I know that my camera got a year Warranty
jasonk167
Jason K.
October 29th, 2017
Verified purchase
Very easy shopping experience. Item was very well priced, the best I could find anywhere. Freight time was reasonable. Freight tracking was spot on. Item was packed securely. Very happy with my shopping experience. Highly recommended.
corryg
Corry G.
Verified purchase
Brilliant! Easy, quick and the live chat was great. The free shipping is fantastic! Keep up the good work and I will purchase from you again.
craigg79
Craig G.
October 26th, 2017
Verified purchase
I have placed the order over the phone with Peter Elk in sales, he was very helpful and gave me some discounts for the dji mavic bundle and the accidental warranty. Great job Peter, it was a please doing business with you.
micheleg72
Michele G.
November 11th, 2017
Verified purchase
Order came quick, very happy, but it was incomplete. Spoke to Peter in Sydney and he assured the missing items are still on the way. Not very happy about this.
sheilaj47
Sheila J.
June 8th, 2018
Verified purchase
Good - very quick delivery. As this was ordered as a present for a birthday next Thursday, I haven't examined the contents of the parcel yet but it all seems to be as advertised.
eduardon7
Eduardo N.
May 29th, 2018
Verified purchase
Super fast delivery (arrived in just 3 days), items in excellent conditions, great costumer service.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the DiscountSLR staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DiscountSLR?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.6
Have a question about DiscountSLR?