Review of DiscountMugs

Tel: 1-800-569-1980
customerservice@discountmugs.com

joanneg129
4/13/19

I recently placed an order with Discount Mugs for an upcoming non profit charity Walk-a-thon. I explained to the rep I would be hosting this event in Ca as I'm based in NJ. I placed the order on 4.1.19 and my event is 4.14.19. I paid extra to have the order "rushed", to be received on 4.8 as I was hoping to receive them before I left for LA. They never were delivered on 4.8. I called the company and received some story that they were not sure what happened to them and the production dept was not sure if they would be able to produce them. Later that afternoon, I spoke to another rep and she promised me it would no longer be a problem as long as they could now be shipped to CA. On Friday, April 12 I decided to call to see where they were in transit and after being put on hold for over 15 minutes - "they stated we are sorry but are not able to produce these at this time". I never once received any type of notification that they were unable to deliver the product. This was a basic item, 100 sling backpacks with a one color logo. So now I have over 400 walkers attending a charity event tomorrow and we have nothing to recognize our "patients" with a thank you gift. In my 26 years of working in non profit sector, I've never worked with such an unprofessional company. How do you NOT contact someone to let them know the item you purchased is not being produced. I will make sure I do my do diligence and let everyone know in my line of business that this is not a company you want to work with. If they can't produce 100 plastic sling backpacks in 2 weeks and advise the consumer know they are incapable of doing this, what does it say about them....

charlesc483
1/3/19

I ordered shirts from this company on December 11, 2018 and was advised they would ship on the 26th or 27th. Today is January the 3rd and every time I have contacted them in regards to my order, I get the same thing. I will escalate this and let you know today when they ship. This is terrible customer service and no one can give you an answer.

joshw134
11/16/18

We have had nothing but terrible service from this company from the start. An order was placed, with an estimated delivery date of about 2 weeks. Those 2 weeks came and went and upon checking status information, our product had not even finished production yet. After having 5 additional phone calls with customer service and even getting a supervisor involved, I was lied to about production times and about order status over and over again. Now over two weeks past my estimated delivery date, they may finally be about ready to ship out, maybe. I'm not holding my breath though as I've heard the same lies over and over again from their other agents. No one knows what's going on over there. I have asked for multiple calls back regarding an update that was supposed to be looked into which I never received and had to call back myself to try and gather the information only to find out nothing new was actually found out. I would never recommend going with this company for any service ever again and once I get the product I've paid for, I will be severing ties completely. Zero communication, zero trust, zero reliability. No thanks.

Tip for consumers: Find someone else.

michellel398
11/2/18

I ordered a bunch of water bottles from this company to sell in a fundraiser for my nonprofit arts organization. A couple weeks after distributing the bottles I got multiple complaints that the graphics were rubbing off and bottles were leaking. I attempted to contact customer service via their online chat, email and phone but was ignored. Finally a colleague got through but the "grace period" had passed; the company requested a photo of 5 bottles together showing a leak!!! As the bottles had been shipped far and wide to various people around the state and country, this was impossible. They didn't even address the crummy job they did printing the graphics which was unreadable within a month of getting the bottles.

Sadly for the company, this was a trial run for future projects building up our organization's swag program, so they missed out on far more opportunities to make money.

annes265
10/29/18

Very poorly imprinted product & unsatisfactory service. Quality of lettering is superficial and has rubbed off within a few weeks of light use. The shipment arrived in a crushed and damaged box reeking of a spilled, unidentified liquid. Support Personnel has been very reluctant in pursuing these claims -- despite detailed photos. We are extremely dissatisfied with this particular order, especially as it contrasts so markedly with our previous shipment of commemorative mugs. It is doubtful that we will reorder again from this company.

jessicab498
9/19/18

I paid $95 to have this rush ordered on 9/18, you know because their website specifically states, "On Time Delivery", welp on 9/18 this shipment was still in production, when I brought it to their attention on the website chat I was told please wait 24-48 hours to call about the status but that they were looking into it as I was adamant that I needed this by Friday 9/21.. Well on 9/19 I get an email that the shipment is being shipped and is expected on 9/25 - the earliest would be 9/24- too bad I said I needed it know later than 9/21. So when I said I wanted a refund they originally weren't even going to give me the full amount, not until I got irate with them did thy offer to refund the money - mind you the amount does not include the $95.They need to take "On Time Delivery" OFF their website - asap.

emmap69
8/27/18

Horrible quality and horrible customer service! I ordered 300 magnets that arrived completely blurry (like there were clearly two separate lines of color that were supposed to be single color). I asked for a refund and was told that they would give me a 30% refund for a completely unusable product. I told them that wasn't acceptable and if they wouldn't refund me then I needed a reprint. That was 5 weeks and 4 customer service reps ago and I still have not been provided with any solution. Reps don't respond to emails and don't call you back when they say they're going to so you have to start over every time with someone new who always blames it on the vendor. Such a horrible business move - I just want them to take responsibility for their business and resolve this in a reasonable way instead of giving me unusable products.

lisaw485
8/22/18

If I could leave a negative 100 to infinity rating I would.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

I ordered 150 tote bags and when they arrived they were ALL PRINTED WRONG!!!! And not like the proof that was approved. Lucky for me I (initially) had enough buffer time to get a reprint an a new shipment in.... however after making many customer service calls and sending numerous emails I was able to submit a claim and guess what.... they denied it with out even notifying me (more time wasted).
After many more days of calls and emails they reopened the claim and approved a reprint..... they stalled so much on the process that I was unable to get my product in time for my event even though my initial order was placed one month ahead of my event!!!
Needless to say disappointment does not even describe my levels of frustration.

OH YES I FORGOT.... they sent my order out to a 3rd party vendor that they could not even contact huuuuummmmm! SHADY! I am still waiting for my refund.... I shouldn't hold my breath on this.
Here is to money, time, energy, and creativity lost! How much is that worth to you....

markf364
8/17/18

Paid $60 for rush order, guaranteed delivery by 8/17. today is 8/17 and no delivery and no notice that the item was delayed. Planned to use for a 15 year reunion party tomorrow and no-go. Very disappointed and will not use or recommend to any one. Be warned if you have a specific date in mind.

tz6
8/7/18

Simply ordered 24 custom printed mugs in black ink. This should be almost impossible for them to mess up. However, the print on at least 16 of these mugs (maybe more...we started selling them as a fundraiser before we noticed a problem) is peeling off. Contacted the company by phone and they refused to do anything. I asked to talk to a supervisor and no one was available. I was promised a call back from a supervisor before the end of the business day. No call came in. No email contact was made either. I emailed them 3 days after I called them. Another 3 business days later (5 days later) I still have heard nothing from them. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today.

rital71
7/27/18

My committee wanted to order a simple frame with a logo. We knew we had to order 4 weeks in advance to be safe. After 2 weeks went by they tell us they cant get the item we wanted, we would have to order another color (probably to clear their inventory) and we had to make that decision that day to get our order on time. Well we dont like being held hostage so we cancelled and found another company who fulfilled our order in two weeks.

samuelc111
7/14/18

Only half the order was delivered. We received one pallet of boxes that was supposed to contain 850 custom-printed mugs, but when we broke it open after it had been at our receiving warehouse for about 2 weeks, we found that there were only about half that number. I called to ask if there was another pallet somewhere, and was told that we were outside of the 7-day-from-receipt complaint window and that there was nothing they could do.

Tip for consumers: When you receive the order, count your items immediately. There was nothing on the pallet to indicate "1 of 2" or anything similar

hopew28
7/12/18

Terrible Customer Service! After i called and explained that i had not received what i was expecting, they informed me that my incorrect order was my own fault. I reviewed my order before i placed it and saw the pictures of what to expect. She informed me that the pictures that i saw were not a proof of what i had ordered and that i had selected something else for my order. They offered a "credit", but not a corrected order.

aaronb219
6/29/18

I paced a order for bags. Bags arrived with stray ink marks and pinholes all over the bags. it has been over 3 months with no resolution. They keep asking me to send photos which i have done 3 times. They told me they would replace the bags then never did. when i contacted them about the replacements 2.5 weeks later they said they were now not going to replace the bags until they had more photos. I have asked them to send me a return label many times for the bags and to refund the money. They simply respond saying they cannot do anything until i send them photos.....again for the 4th time.

alisonk37
5/22/18

This happened twice to me. They approve everything and tell you it is going to come the time you need it - then the next day they send you information that they need more money for delivery and/or you can't order the quantity and need to order more. My order was for a charity event and they still did this. NEVER AGAIN!

lisas814
5/19/18

I ordered koozies several weeks ago that should have arrived two weeks ago. I can not get anyone on the phone or check the status at all. The order does not show me anything more than in production...this is not a place anyone wants to order anything from..

emilym182
4/28/18

They screwed up the first order and told no one that it won't be ready. Then the second order was supposed to be rushed and arrive today but of course these idiots didn't put it for Saturday delivery. I have spent hours of my time on the phone and lots of money and even after screwing up the first time discount mugs couldn't do anything right!

kbp3
4/26/18

I should have paid attention to the other ratings/comments. The departments do not communicate well with each other, the website/timeline is not accurate, and the only customer service you can get is apologies.

I ordered early, paid for expedited shipping, just to be sure I had at least a few days ahead of our event on April 28. As discount mugs.com communicated, during the weeks of production,I checked the website for my status regularly (they have a fancy status bar to show how the order is progressing and the estimated date of arrival in bright red). I was consistently reassured (via the website) that my order was to be delivered by April 25. Our event is for April 28, so we were confident that we were going to have a great experience. On April 25, no delivery came. I called first thing the next morning and was told my date was not going to be met because the third-party they used said that they need to alter the artwork (II checked an "as-is" sign-off box on my order), but they can deliver by May 9. WHAT?! Then the representative told me that she was going to try to make this work and did a lot of leg work that morning (sent me photos of new products that were on-hand in her warehouse and called me to follow-up a few times). I was feeling confident again ... and then at 1 pm, I was called and told it wasn't going to happen. I wasted 5 hours of time hoping when I could have been finding another solution!! The call center manager told me that her production manager never called her back so it was out of her hands. I was refunded, but certainly not fulfilled. I will never use this company again.

ks309
4/23/18

I have been a customer for 7 years, ordering for several events a year. I have had mis-color printing.....not complained. I have had crooked printing on several bags out of several hundred...not complained. I have an upcoming event that needed a custom touch so I over paid for some cute cups that came printed in blue instead of purple - I did this in photoshop and am a graphic designer. I know color. Discount Mugs will NOT serve me as a GREAT customer in any way...They offered me a 10% discount to re-order them in purple! NEVER again will I order from them - shame on them.

sallys118
4/18/18

I ordered shirts and the person who helped me got the order all mixed up and the customer service toke 3 weeks to get back! DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT THE BEST! EXPECT THE WORST

sarahb479
4/6/18

I order branded beach bags for my company's trip on Monday, April 2. The bag that I ordered was a 24 hour production item as I needed them no later than April 9th and wanted to ensure I received the product in time. During checkout I upgraded the shipping to overnight shipping to again, ensure I had no issues receiving these items in time. With the overnight shipping Discount Mugs "Guaranteed" delivery by April 5th.

On April 4th, I checked the status online to see if there was a tracking number listed. On the site it said that my "order is currently on track to be delivered by the below date - April 5th" however it also stated that it was still in production. When I noticed the discrepancy I reached out to a customer service representative asking for a status on my order and why I was concerned. I did not receive a response until the next morning April 5th at 8:12 am CST from Aileen Martinez asking if I still required assistance? At 8:29 am CST I responded back to her saying yes, can you please provide me with an update on my order and explained the discrepancy on the site. I did not receive a response back from Aileen. At 10:33 pm CST I emailed her again asking for an update as the order never arrived and I had paid for a guarantee deliver of April 5th. I never received an email back from Aileen with an update. On April 6th at 9:30 am CST I reached out again requesting an update and was disconnected. I reached back out at 10:33 am CST and spoke with gentleman who ensured me he was looking into it and would get back to me by 2pm CST. I urged him that I have been waiting for days for a response and if they could not provide the product I was losing out on going with another company who could. He assured me that he would get back to me. I never heard back from him either. After not receiving a follow up again for my order as he indicated. I reached back out for a status update and spoke with a Kalet Ponce. All she said to me was that my order had shipped and was currently in transit. She provided the shipping number. I checked the shipping and they sent it out Ground not overnighted as I had paid for and reminded them of multiple times. The item I had ordered and paid to rush here with plenty of time was scheduled to arrive on April 11th, 7 days after it was guaranteed to arrive and 3 days after the event I needed them for. I reached back out to her and asked why it showed April 11th when it was supposed to have arrived no later than April 9th (since they already missed my guarantee date). I received no response back from her either!

When I reached out to see why they shipped this ground and why no one called me back all I received was "I don't know, it looks like this was our fault, I am not sure why they sent it ground because it had notes all over indicating it was to be overnighted" They could not offer me a solution to correct their issue and since I didn't receive a response back from them until after 5pm CST their production team were no longer there and there was no way I could get my product prior to my company's trip.

The only good thing about this awful experience was that Hans Bejar a customer service supervisor refunded my money.

The lack of customer service at this company, false promises is unbelievable. I have worked with a lot of promotional companies both online and those with store fronts and I can say I have NEVER worked with a company that has such a blatant disregard for their customers.

A customer should not have to follow up to find information regarding an order multiple times when the company guarantees products. On top of that, not even have the decency to respond is beyond baffling to me. I am so sorry I ever trusted them with this order as they have now ruined the experience for my company's trip and left us with no other options to work with another company to fulfill our order. If they had responded and were honest from our first reach out on April 4th. We could have found another vendor

teresat70
2/27/18

Truly one of the worst companies out there. I have ordered from them twice. Paid for rush delivery, twice. And both times my order came in AFTER my events. And they won't even refund the money. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

chasityc2
2/1/18

Very disappointed with their service. We ordered 2500 pens. It was supposed to be delivered by Jan 17/18th. Did not arrive until a week later but they sent us the wrong order. It wasn't even our company logo! When I submitted a ticket (with a picture) and then spoke to a representative and expressed we needed the order immediately for an event that weekend. They said the earliest they could get it to us was Wednesday. It's now Thursday afternoon and I still don't have our order.
If you are looking for a company that will deliver in a timely matter or at least by their delivery date don't order from this company. They have done nothing to show that hey value their customers.

annettel31
1/24/18

I had a great experience with this company. Great Customer Service and responsiveness. I will shop there again .

taohg
12/22/17

Im giving them one star because is the only way for me to write a review. I called this company to order some coffee mugs with my company logo on it but I needed deliver to a specific day and time so I could have send them to my customers as a gift the lady on the phone (Aileen Martinez) told me if I pay extra She guarantee that my order would be deliver on Dec 19th, 2017. On Dec 19th, I called back since my order appear to be still in production and all they did was apologize and told me my order was not going to be deliver until Dec 29th, when I questioned the fact that I paid more to get it deliver on that day the customer service persons started to make promises of have it deliver by the Dec 22nd, I agreed to wait a few more days because she begged not to cancel the order. Believe it or not on Dec 22nd I called back because my order was still showing up in production!!!! So, I asked to cancel my order and to have a full refund and the lady on the phone (Meriniza Alonzo) put mi on hold for 15 min because she was going to find out with their production team if my order was going to ship out that day. THE NERVE this lady had. Do not waste your time and money with this people, They promise things the cant deliver just to take your money, I now have nothing to send to my customers and its due to the incompetence of this people.

The imprint will wash off in the dishwasher, or if hot liquid is in mug for a few minutes may come off on your hand.

By Ron L.

Questions? Get answers from the DiscountMugs staff and other customers.

8 Photos for DiscountMugs