Disc Brake Canada

Disc Brake Canada has a consumer rating of 3.5 stars from 26 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Disc Brake Canada ranks 50th among Auto Parts sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 62.5%

• Though the customer service was good I am now sure that the product is also good.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Disc Brake Canada?

“Good”

David H.
10/4/20

Bought for a 2012 nissan xterra pro-4x and it was a perfect fit. Came with everything I needed. I'm the type of person that would rather be DIY than pay a shop $1k for a brake job. These brakes are good quality and had zero issues with install. Like others have said, at first there was what felt like little improvement over original, but after a few hundred miles the difference was noticeable, especially when I got cut off and had to slam on the brakes. Now I'm looking at a set for the rear too.

“Untrustworthy site”

Abed A.
7/20/20

I had a bad experience with them... After I ordered and paid the full amount with shipping, and after a week of payment I sent them an email to ask why my order was not shipped...! Tell me that I have to pay 142 $ import duty to ship my order.! When I asked why you did not tell me or why you did not send an email to tell me.! He said we have sent you.! The truth is that I did not receive any email from them and at the same time I was talking to them, they sent an email because it was funny, the request was canceled and the amount was returned via Paypal. It was a bad experience and I will not repeat it nor recommend dealing with them.

customer service (3)
claudel61
December 5th, 2020

Took 2 weeks to get the order, the rotors look awesome. Let's wait and see for reliability. Fit perfectly
Claude
Mirabel

abeda5
July 20th, 2020

jeanphilippec4
July 16th, 2021

Brakes are very low quality and they drilled holes a weird way like i could have done Them myself! Oh and they come"coated" but they rust just by looking at Them! In the world of "sport looking" brakes, you pay for what you get i guess!

Products used:
Full brake kit

scotte137
May 23rd, 2019

They are terrible at communicating. I ordered a full kit on Friday, no confirmation, yet they have my money! By Monday I called, no answer, I left a message that I needed to know if they shipped. No reply by Tuesday, so emailed that said that if there was no shipping or reply, I wanted the order cancelled and a refund generated. No reply Wednesday. By Thursday, there was a reply, Sam Eska, he said these were custom, and we could not cancel, and that parts were shipping in 2-4 day time frame. Then a UPS email came to me, on Thursday saying parts would arrive Friday. Friday, an email came from UPS, product delayed. All in all, Parts were delivered on Wednesday, a week and a 1/2, and only 1 email from the company. I will never do work with these people again, and would highly recommend that prospectus customers ask some serious questions up front BEFORE you place and order and hand over your money.

daddyo
December 19th, 2020

So this is the scam. They buy from a wholesaler out of Quebec the parts. Good basic brake parts. By drilling the rotors they have ‘upgraded' the brakes and becomes an ability to upsell the product by 6 fold. $50 rotor becomes $300.

My rotors were garbage, callwd the Montreal police and they are aware of them but cant press charges because of the above reason. They found a loop hole and are exploiting it. After months of dealing with paypal. I finally got my money back less 20%. Please for the love of everything holy do not buy anythings from these clowns. Try to force them out of business.

markt429
March 15th, 2019

Worst on line shopping experience I have ever had. I received a fraction of my order a month after I ordered. What I did receive was very poor quality. Could not get customer service to issue a return. I paid to return the few pieces I did get from my order, and they refused the delivery. They stole $682.94 from me, did not deliver and refuse to address this fact.
So very clear to me; DON'T BUY FROM CrossDrilledRotors.ca

nopen18
March 21st, 2019

Buyer Beware! What seems too good to be true- IS! Bought a complete disc & pad 'package'... Zero correspondence via email until I asked for an order cancellation as my card had not yet been charged and I had no order confirmation after about a week. All of a sudden in reply, 'they' said "I shouldn't be too hasty, I'm not a good customer, and was later threatened with "legal action by our lawyers" when I asked about my card being compromised and I suspected they were to blame- which I later found out was connected to them. Scam artists. End of story.

You'll be dealing with very shady people in Montreal. Good luck.

davidh4567
October 4th, 2020

raidov
July 31st, 2019

The price is unbeatable and plenty of braking power. Got cross drilled rotors up front and premium koted discs in the back. Problem though is that they are super noisy and there's lots of brake dust. The new rear ones I got are premium but the noise coming from them is just embarrassing. Noise comes only during mild braking but that's what you do in the city.
Braking next to a concrete wall with windows down makes my ears hurt. Doubt I'll be buying from them again unless I'm in the bind financially. On time delivery.

wiliamc1
March 7th, 2018

I posted negative reviews on two sites describing how Crossdrilled Rotors ignored me for 3 months when the rotors I bought from them for my 2010 Prius rotted out well within the promised warranty period (as confirmed by 2 mechanics and the Toyota dealer). They tried to blame the mechanics. Within hours. I received a response to a January email (as if it had just gotten lost in the ether for 3 months. Offering to replace rotors as per the warranty. [Coincidence?]

After some back and forth (by email so I can prove it) it turns out that if and only if I retracted the negative reviews, would they fulfill their legal obligation as per Sam Eska. To quote SAM "It is very easy, you left 2 negative reviews, one on reseller ratings and one on site jabber, go in, and click edit. Its the only way I'll send you new ones." Fortunately I made no promise to leave the reviews retracted!

They have no integrity, and I wouldn't deal with them again if they were the only source for quality brakes... fortunately they are not!

I apologize to anyone who might have been misled by my temporary removal of the negative comments.

ekram
October 16th, 2020

This product will be for a 2004 Victory Kingpin. Shipments arrived at a reasonable time. As far as I can say the product has been reliable

delvinr1
April 17th, 2018

"10/10. I order parrts every single day for my busness. They have brakes for every car, in almost no time. Their service is on point. No parts place have price that could compete with them. Try them out! "

mercedezt
February 20th, 2017

So I purchased rotors and brake shoes from this company seemed like a deal so I got it.
The person in chat probably a salesman, was nice so I was told what
I needed for my car.
He promised me delivery within 48 hrs maximum 3 days, so when the 4th day
Came no item I called them.
On the 7th day I received a call back informing me they did not know what
Vehicle I was purchasing this for and needed to know the vehicle before they sent the item, mind you I spoke to a rep in their online chat service who made sure I ordered the right item.
The rep started yelling at me when I informed him 7 days later was too long to now call me to ship my order, his attitude was appalling, as he got irate claiming he sent an email one day after the item was purchased, asking the vehicle's model. I asked do you base your entire business on emails?
After much back and forward he sent me a very rude email calling me names saying he would refund me.
Don't ever order from this company online, they have a good appearance but their backend is horrible, 7 days later, my item was not shipped and I was getting my first call. They claimed they refunded me.
I am yet to get my money back

alant189
April 8th, 2019

Like one of the other reviewers the original rotors shipped did not look like the website as there was paint overspray and the drilled holes were not drilled in a proper clean pattern.

Essentially, it did not look like a professional had prepared the rotors.

I complained and followed the website instructions to send pictures and my concerns. They expedited shipped a new set and they are great.

I have uploaded pictures of both sets so you can see. First photo is the original four shipped rotor product and the last two are the replacement rotors (front and rear).

I believe that they are a reseller so do not have complete control of the product which explains the inconsistency.

Overall, they fixed the problem and I am satisfied. The recovery by the company for me as the customer was great.

They are new good quality rotors and were prepared professionally. I have will now install them on my car.

Thank you crossdrilledrotors.ca.

robertp2004
October 16th, 2020

Bought a Toyota Tacoma, but was not happy with the brakes. A caveat, I had a Grand Cherokee Limited with after-market rotors and pads. If anyone has owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee, they'll know what I'm talking about. The stock stuff sucked. Rotors warped, pads wore quickly. The Toyota is light years ahead of the Jeep in quality, but I'm spoiled by aftermarket brakes. "Do Diligence", two words, these Rotors and the DBC pads worked for me, they can't cure cancer or anything of the sort, but they can stop a vehicle like it's supposed to.

reginalds58
October 4th, 2020

Truck stops better than it did brand new. High quality parts, easy installation. I followed break in procedure and ive yet to hear a sound from them. Unbelievable difference in braking and Ill be putting them on rear when they're due.

meadw
October 31st, 2020

Excellent rotors. Survived a trip through the mountain passes towing a trailer with a small SUV. No warping. Only issue has been finding a local machine shop who isn't afraid to turn them.

benk120
February 26th, 2019

Usually I am strictly an OEM type of guy. While shopping for brakes for my wife's Hyundai Tucson. I came across this kit. My wife travels quite a distant to and from work so I wanted a superior product. It's been 1 month now since she has driven the car and she mentioned how she liked the quick response and sure stopping power from a incident that happened yesterday. Overall - We are very happy. Highly recommend

kurts66
February 24th, 2019

Love these brakes they went together easily. They fit perfectly with oem parts and seem to work much better. Saved us a ton of money. They provide quick shipping and ridiculously good prices$$ highly recommended

danielc611
February 20th, 2019

I replaced my rotors on my truck about every 60k miles. Every other time i change the brake pads. These rotors are great, dont make noise. They dont create much dust with their respective brake pads, I dont need to turn them or anything. Just remove the old ones, slap the new ones on, new brake pads, and you are done. Will buy again? This was my second time buying them for my old truck great price, customer service and fast shipping!

ronniel26
February 22nd, 2019

I have a 2011 bmw 335 coupe i baught the rotors that are drilled and slotted with the carbon brake pads best choice i ever did they brake way better than my original ones i had and they leave almost no brake dust on my rims and give my car a nicer look highly recommand good price and fast shipping

johnm2739
February 20th, 2019

Our 2014 Infinity Q50S AWD had a brake vibration felt in the steering wheel during braking. I ordered two DBC rotors that arrived fairly quickly and were not damaged by the shipping company, these are big heavy 14" rotors. After they are performing perfectly with no noise or vibration. Great price and fast shipping

johnb785
February 6th, 2017

"I just purchased Crossdrilledrotors.ca Concepts Premium Stainless Kote Brake kit for my 335i Xdrive. Crossdrilledrotors.ca is well received on the E90 forums and there product seems to carry quality behind it. I will find out for myself as they arrive. This brake kit is literally half the cost of a OEM kit through the dealer. I also asked for a discount code and saved even more! These guys rock, the rotors looks amazing, the coating is absolutely unique as seen in picture, it is glossy, and resists to rust like no tomorrow, not one spot of rust for over 18 months!. "

denisl20
March 9th, 2017

I required a total replacement for my Kia Soul. I choose Black XD 1 Click Brake Kit from Crossdrilledrotors. This kit is working so great on my vehicle. Its been 2 months I have been using it and the carbon performance brake pads are working perfectly. Got free shipping too from DBC for this product!

Tip for consumers:
Select your vehicle first before choosing any product. It is needed to be sure that if DBC has got those products or not

nothanr
March 20th, 2017

I bought 4 pieces of towing and hauling brake pads for my BMW 32 8D last year. I needed to use the brake pads before telling anything regarding DBC. Though the customer service was good I am now sure that the product is also good. Liked it.

They are terrible at communicating. I ordered a full kit on Friday, no confirmation, yet they have my money by Monday, so I called, no answer, I left a message that I needed to know if they shipped. No reply by Tuesday, so emailed, and said that if there was no shipping or reply, I wanted the order cancelled and a refund generated. No reply Wednesday. By Thursday, there was a reply, Sam Eska, he said these were custom, and we could not cancel, and that parts were shipping in 2-4 day time frame. Then a UPS email came to me, on Thursday saying parts would arrive Friday. Friday, and email came from UPS, product delayed. All in all, Parts were delivered on Wednesday, and week and 1/2, and only 1 email from the company. I will never do work with these people again, and would highly recommend that prospectus customers ask some serious questions up front BEFORE you place and order and hand over your money.

By Scott E.