Crisis Text Line

Crisis Text Line has a consumer rating of 3.16 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Crisis Text Line also ranks 33rd among Non Profit sites.

How would you rate Crisis Text Line?

“Was just what I needed.”

Americo C.
5/31/20

Once I texted. I was dealing with a lot of stressful problems and felt overwhelmed to the point I could not sleep. I had anxiety so bad I had Knott's in my stomach. But I was no way suicidal. The counselor who corresponded with me was very good. I think sometimes personalities have to match in any sort of counseling situation. we connected right away . And he got to the heart of the matter with me quickly. About 10-15 minutes later I felt like I got a big load off my chest and finally slept that night. I thank him whoever he was. very compassionate and understanding during a time I felt so much grief, burden and isolation. I can't thank you enough!!!

“Dissmissive”

Alexis B.
2/25/20

I understand that the hotline is NOT a substitute for therapy. But I text them often, once a week maybe once every two weeks. Every single time I text they read through my previous messages and say "well have you used those coping skills?" YES? And those obviously didn't work and that's why I am texting you. I also explain that when I text them I am at work which is why it is hard for me to do my coping skills. They just say "have you looked for a therapist, we can't help you the way you need to be helped." Seriously? All I am asking for is for you to be a little compassionate for like 10 minutes.

americoc2
Americo C.
May 31st, 2020
lol16
May 20th, 2020
Helps out a lot in tough situations. It is not about having them help you, they help you talk out your problems and help yourself. Not pushy, there for you.
pinkd18
September 5th, 2019
I've tried several times to contact them through text and through the messanger they set up. I've laid and cried for hours and they never get back to me. Instead they harass me with "do you still need help". Before it was unless you were going to harm yourself you got shot to the back of the list but who is really going to be honest about that? Attention seekers maybe.
Never got any help
Never got to talk to a person.
What a joke. The #1 hotline everyone talks about don't jack.
I am in a lot of crisis's but this is like none before. I realize they may not have enough volunteers but then give and estimate of where you are in the queue or refer you to a different site.
carole77
August 26th, 2017
I saw that this had some good reviews; it saved many lives however when I logged on to it it didn't seem to favor me and I was feeling pretty desperately down. I can't understand for the life of me why I wasn't able to take the benefits many others did. In fact, after that, I felt even worse. Be careful with ANY crisis line. When feeling so down the last thing we need is no answer.
alexisb366
February 25th, 2020
dryae
August 17th, 2019
I didn't know the magic words to get help, apparently. In the first message I explained that I was a sexual abuse survivor struggling with my memories of the abuse and that I wanted to cut myself or drink myself into a stupor. I also explained that I have a child, so I really didn't want to as well. It was 3am and I couldn't sleep and I was about to cut myself. The first response from Brian was that I was unclear, to explain the problem better. I did so, again, in short texts. He said that I seemed preoccupied and perhaps I should text later. He didn't see what the problem was. I said I probably wouldn't do that and to end the session. At that point I was so hurt by his dismissal and my own horrible state that I couldn't tell him that he had made everything worse by dismissing me. I complained to the crisis line later, but I got no reply beyond a bot. The experience was damaging to someone who has a hard time talking about my problems and trusting others anyway, and I know people like me are not uncommon. Don't bother texting unless you plan on saying "I'm going to kill myself in the next few minutes" or something extremely easy to understand. Truthfully, I would have been better off talking to a comforting bot.
formeru1
October 13th, 2018
Don't tolerate disrespect from rude and incompetent counselors.. The person I spoke too was mean, condescending and said some outrageous things. No texter should have to put up with that. Just remembering him and the things that he said makes me want to vomit.

Be careful and hope you get assigned to a good crisis counselor! If someone is being a jerk, ask to speak to someone else and make a complaint.

Communicating with kindness and having an open mind shouldn't be that hard for crisis counselors to do.

I had trouble with that too, just remember, ideations, plan, means, and timeline

By Melissa R.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Crisis Text Line staff and other customers.

jaredw20
Jared W.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crisis Text Line?

Have a question about Crisis Text Line?